PDA

View Full Version : cousin of Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was killed and a police officer ..

ducks
12-23-2005, 02:25 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg...oting_px101.jpg
This undated handout photo released by Arcadia University shows Tyree Wallace, a student at the university. Wallace, a cousin of Detroit Pistons star Rasheed Wallace, was killed and a police officer was wounded in a shootout that police said occurred after an undercover drug buy, Thursday night, Dec. 22, 2005, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Arcadia University)

PHILADELPHIA - A cousin of Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was killed and a police officer was wounded in a shootout authorities said occurred after an undercover drug buy.

Tyree Wallace, 22, was pronounced dead at Albert Einstein Medical Center. Sgt. Mike Mitchell, 41, was in stable condition Friday with a groin wound.

Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek confirmed that Tyree Wallace was Rasheed Wallace's first cousin. Dobek said it was unclear whether Wallace would play in Friday night's home game against the Golden State Warriors, but said he did not participate in the team's shootaround Friday morning.

On Thursday night, Mitchell was in an unmarked police car when an undercover officer bought drugs from Tyree Wallace before identifying himself, Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said.

Mitchell then saw Wallace pull a gun. The officer jumped out of his vehicle and ran toward Wallace, Johnson said.

"(Wallace) was fired on in response to him drawing a gun on police," Capt. Benjamin Naish said at a news conference Friday. It wasn't immediately known who fired the fatal shots. Several other officers were at the scene.

Tyree Wallace was enrolled as a student at suburban Arcadia University, where he had been on the basketball team but was not on the roster this year, university spokeswoman Lori Bauer said Friday.

Mayor John Street said he visited Mitchell in the hospital and the officer was smiling and talking.

"It looks like he will be able to return to active duty," Street said.

Vashner
12-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Wow. The officer got shot in the groin ouch...

Condolences to Wallace and family too bad sounds like kid was on the wrong path.

E20
12-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Rashweed.

Feel bad for Rasheed and his family. Hope they can find some comfort somewhere.

SouthernFried
12-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Kid sounds like he had a lot going for him too. Sucks.

Big Pimp_21
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
sounds like an idiot to me. He probably wouldn't even have gotten jail time for the drugs. He had to be hard-assed and pull a gun....now he's dead.

Condolences go out to Rasheed and the family, but the kid got what he asked for.

usckk
12-23-2005, 03:47 PM
I agree.^

baseline bum
12-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Idiot. Serves him right for pulling a gun on a cop.

spurs=bling
12-23-2005, 07:30 PM
will Rasheed play on sunday?

PistonsFan
12-23-2005, 10:30 PM
lol, is that all you care about? :rolleyes

Probably, since he played tonight.

Pistons < Spurs
12-23-2005, 10:33 PM

Don't know. He was supposed to be 50-50 for tonights game, but ended up playing. I haven't heard anything about services being planned yet.....but I imagine they won't be held till a couple of days after X-mas.

We'll see, but I think he'll be there.

FreshPrince22
12-23-2005, 11:27 PM
He'll play. He, more than anyone wants revenge.
________
Digital vapir oxygen review (http://vaporshop.com/)

chode_regulator
12-24-2005, 07:42 AM
first thign i thought also. :blah
funny thing is he was probably just a low time dealer trying to be cool and then felt he had to act hard. but what an idiot. like police are goin to do undercover busts and only have one cop around. that chode got regulated upon. feel sorry for the family though.

ALVAREZ6
12-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I knew Rasheed was involved with drugs.....

coopdogg3
12-24-2005, 10:52 AM
First Tony Dungy's child, now Rasheed's cousin

Bloodline666
12-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I knew Rasheed was involved with drugs.....
Back when he was a JAIL-BLAZER in Portland, he was...but it makes you wonder, was his cousin his dealer?

Anywho, my condolences go out to Rasheed and his family.

pjjrfan
12-24-2005, 04:54 PM
A street dealer doesn't sound like a dealer who would have a multi-milionaire backing him up. No, it seems more likely he was caught up in the environment he grew up, and wasn't smart enough to let it go once he got to college. Or maybe he had visions of being a kingpin.