mookie2001
12-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Dear Al Davis

get Ricky next season

172 yds TD today
and Miami is 8-7

chode_regulator
12-24-2005, 06:18 PM
i was just thinking what a turnaround the dolphins have had. im sure its at least a huge part in turn from ricky.
i just wish he had never "retired"

Brutalis
12-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I think Saban might keep him as a third down back.

Either way I'm proud of my Fins and looking forward to next year.

sa_butta
12-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I think Saban might keep him as a third down back.

Either way I'm proud of my Fins and looking forward to next year.True that...
Nice strong finish to the end of the season. I think Ricky maybe shopped around. But in the end I think he will be a fin again, unless someone is giving up a first rounder or equal caliber QB. If the Fins pull off a win against the pats I will be extatic, even thought we are not going to the playoffs.
GO FINS

http://www.geocities.com/fballcards/rickypac.jpg

tlongII
12-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Ricky Williams is a moron. Miami is better because of Nick Saban, not that freak.

sa_butta
12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Ricky Williams is a moron. Miami is better because of Nick Saban, not that freak.I agree with that 100% but it is just good for dolfans to see him
producing after selling us out.

SA Gunslinger
12-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Miami is better because of Nick Saban, not that freak.

If you mean Ricky is a physical freak of nature, then I agree.

mookie2001
12-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Ricky can still run and he's proved it

ronnie brown wants the ball and so does larry johnson
if a team like the raiders picked up ricky for 3 years and priest for 2, they could have a dominant rushing attack

Brutalis
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm not even sure who will still be here next year. I know Taylor, Thomas, Ron.. but I wonder how Saban will adapt once he gets his chances at actually forming his team. Parcells did it alright but poorly executed down the stretch. The defense isn't all that bad and I think Saban will obviously go after a QB and some LBs. Saban has everything he needs to put Miami back in the top caliber level they were used to, it's about doing it really and our pick is starting to look not as good as it was so drafting a QB or rumors of it are looking more and more difficult.

Ahhh, the fire is slowly but surely coming back to Miami.

hicksi
12-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Saban knows how to man-manage, and:
THAT is why Ricky is playing at Miami.
THAT is why Ricky is playing WELL at Miami.
THAT is why he'll be playing there again nxt year
If the Saints had ANYBODY with the same skills, he would still be playing with the Fleur-de-lis on his helmet.
As would Turley.

TheTruth
12-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Ricky can still run and he's proved it

ronnie brown wants the ball and so does larry johnson
if a team like the raiders picked up ricky for 3 years and priest for 2, they could have a dominant rushing attack
Lamont Jordan didn't have that bad a season.
The Raiders need to think about the oline, the qb, the linebackers, and their secondary before Running Back.

sa_butta
12-28-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm not even sure who will still be here next year. I know Taylor, Thomas, Ron.. but I wonder how Saban will adapt once he gets his chances at actually forming his team. Parcells did it alright but poorly executed down the stretch. The defense isn't all that bad and I think Saban will obviously go after a QB and some LBs. Saban has everything he needs to put Miami back in the top caliber level they were used to, it's about doing it really and our pick is starting to look not as good as it was so drafting a QB or rumors of it are looking more and more difficult.

Ahhh, the fire is slowly but surely coming back to Miami.I think we can still get a decent QB in the first or even the second round. I just hope we get another Veteran QB from free agency and a project QB for the future. I trust Saban will make some great moves come draft time.

Obstructed_View
12-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Lamont Jordan didn't have that bad a season.
The Raiders need to think about the oline, the qb, the linebackers, and their secondary before Running Back.
True, but I wouldn't put it past Al to trade for Leinart or Ricky. He never met a big marquee name he wasn't willing to sacrifice wins for.

Brutalis
12-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I think we can still get a decent QB in the first or even the second round. I just hope we get another Veteran QB from free agency and a project QB for the future. I trust Saban will make some great moves come draft time.

I'm only worried about the QB position really. I know Saban can form a nice defense. I'm pretty sure he will. The SEC experienced that and so did I as a Razorback fan in the worst ways.

I think the biggest change we will see next year is defense.

sa_butta
12-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm only worried about the QB position really. I know Saban can form a nice defense. I'm pretty sure he will. The SEC experienced that and so did I as a Razorback fan in the worst ways.

I think the biggest change we will see next year is defense.Hopefully we can get some free agent pick ups, that will give our D a boost.

mookie2001
12-29-2005, 12:06 PM

this doesnt make a lot of sense
I would say the main reason ricky is playing is so he wont have to pay back the 12 million
and the reason hes playing well is because he's a great running back and left for only one year
this was his best game by far and the first time he got the carries like he used to
remember when he carried the ball 50 times on monday night a few years ago
carries

its not like miami has a great oline or passing game
he can still play and if he cant get 18-25 carries a game in miami he should be traded because some team needs him badly

hicksi
12-29-2005, 04:09 PM
this doesnt make a lot of sense
I would say the main reason ricky is playing is so he wont have to pay back the 12 million
and the reason hes playing well is because he's a great running back and left for only one year
this was his best game by far and the first time he got the carries like he used to
remember when he carried the ball 50 times on monday night a few years ago
carries

its not like miami has a great oline or passing game
he can still play and if he cant get 18-25 carries a game in miami he should be traded because some team needs him badly
No. Ricky is a spoiled-child, and needs to be managed.
Saban is effectively doing that.
The Saints management couldn't.

Brutalis
12-30-2005, 02:05 AM
I still say the Heat got their name from the Dolphins. I remember my uncle telling me when I was little how the Dolphins and the heat overwhelmed teams a times.

Anyways.

Miami's new goal has to be free agency.

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 09:25 AM
No. Ricky is a spoiled-child, and needs to be managed.
Saban is effectively doing that.
The Saints management couldn't.
ehhhh....considering ricky started doing bad asss in the nfl before saban got there how is saban responsihble for ricky being a great back?
and i think its what mookie said about him finalyl getting some carries. its hard to impress people or get a good avg ypc when you nly touch the ball a few times a game.
ricky was one of the top 2 running backs in the league when he left and im sure by next year he will be back at it again. i think the fins should keeep him and go after some defense adn a qb. then all will be well again in miami.

Sports Writer JJ
12-30-2005, 10:26 AM
THAT is why he'll be playing there again nxt year
If the Saints had ANYBODY with the same skills, he would still be playing with the Fleur-de-lis on his helmet.
As would Turley.

Agreed on Saben's ability with personelle and that Rickey could have been a Saint for a long time under a coach with that ability as well...

BUT Turley is a HEAD CASE.... He's not playing anywhere.... no one wants him...

mookie2001
12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
no joke CReg
ricky wins the heisman has one of the greatest college careers ever
has multiple thousand yard season with 2 shitty teams, wins the rushing title

and he owes it all to saban

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:24 PM
no joke CReg
ricky wins the heisman has one of the greatest college careers ever
has multiple thousand yard season with 2 shitty teams, wins the rushing title

and he owes it all to saban
yeah i dont get it. how is saban responsible for rickys success? somehow saban was coaching lsu and at the same time helping ricky win a rushing title. dman he must be a good coach!!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

hicksi
12-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Agreed on Saben's ability with personelle and that Rickey could have been a Saint for a long time under a coach with that ability as well...

BUT Turley is a HEAD CASE.... He's not playing anywhere.... no one wants him...
Oh, Turley's a HEAD CASE all right.
BUT, if the Saints management had stood behind him on that helmet-throwing incident, he would have become a great leader of the team, and taken on board some of the responsibilities that are required of him.
As it was, their lack of conviction created a bigger chip on his shoulder and sent him away.
And he got similar treatment elsewhere. Getting called a "bludger" by his coach is NOT a way to make him a happy-camper. Particularly when he felt that it wasn't warranted (in either case).

All the Saints management had to say at the time was that "Turley knows that his actions are wrong and he will accept the punishment, but we are proud that he supported his QB who was being strangled by the opponent".

It would have both shoved it up the arse of the officials who were looking the other way, and shown contrition to the League.

hicksi
12-30-2005, 07:31 PM
yeah i dont get it. how is saban responsible for rickys success? somehow saban was coaching lsu and at the same time helping ricky win a rushing title. dman he must be a good coach!!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant
HEY... There's no doubt that Ricky has ability as a footballer. Damn, even Ditka knew that. What is important for these highly-strung people with gallons of sporting ability is to provide them with the support mechanism that they just don't have (as people in the community). Saban (or some of his management staff) provides that to Ricky. It's got nothing to do with coaching in a football sense.

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:51 PM
HEY... There's no doubt that Ricky has ability as a footballer. Damn, even Ditka knew that. What is important for these highly-strung people with gallons of sporting ability is to provide them with the support mechanism that they just don't have (as people in the community). Saban (or some of his management staff) provides that to Ricky. It's got nothing to do with coaching in a football sense.
but noneof those people have anything to do whti him being a good fball player. he was good looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg before saban was coach of the fins. and even if whats his face, the old bears coach who i believe was the coach whle ricky was there the first time, was still there ricky would be badass.

Brutalis
01-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Ricky is still back. My Dolphins are up right now and he's running up and down the field.