PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else...

AlamoSpursFan
12-24-2005, 06:19 PM
...addicted to that Deal or No Deal show?

I just started watching it because Howie Mandel is the host, but it's pretty good.

Not long term good, though...I have a feeling it's going to get old QUICKLY.

Silver21_Black20
12-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Nope.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I've been wanting to watch it but I haven't done so yet.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I've seen it. It's one of the better designed games that I've seen in a while, but you're right, it's already starting to get kind of annoying. I don't know why but the three friends that they have off to the side of the stage bugs me.

CharlieMac
12-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I need to check that out.

Zombie
12-24-2005, 11:47 PM
I just saw it Thursday, man that show goes on for ever, not my cup of tea.

SmotPoker
12-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah... sadly I watched it all this week. Its such a simple show..but its contagious as fuck. I don't see it lasting long either.

CharlieMac
12-25-2005, 12:04 AM
that is howie mandel? wtf? he looks nothing like he did when he was on Bobby's World

Yeah, he's really aged and let himself go.

Marklar MM
12-25-2005, 12:55 AM
It seems the friends only say "No Deal".

bowlephant
12-25-2005, 02:02 AM
I have watched it a couple times...I like it except for the banker dude. The concept is pretty cool but the suspense part and answering the phone is inda cheesy. It seems like the show would move along a lot faster if it werent for all the pauses. Other than that I like it a lot!

scott
12-25-2005, 02:13 AM
It seems too "easy" to me... success on that game is a pure crap shoot and to be successful a player would just need to keep track of successful odds. Always reject the deal until offer from the bank is equal to the expected value (sum of probability weighted outcomes) of the prize. Admittedly, this is probably something the contestants are unable to calculate on the fly while they are busy playing a game show - but for a viewer like me, that game got old on the first contestant because it became predictable.

On the second contestant, my dad and I were seeing who could accurately predict the bank's offer the most times. Only once was the bank offer grossly different from the expected value of the prize. We were actually doing really good, within +/- 5% usually. We found the bank offer ALWAYS equals expected value when there are only two cases left. A smart player would always take the deal with two cases left. Except in one case, we found that the bank offer encouraged continued play by being below expected value.