PDA

View Full Version : Fair analysis by Don Casey on game

Rummpd
12-25-2005, 02:03 AM
See analysis at:

http://www.nba.com/features/coachs_casey_051225.html

Notice unlike so many at this site and others, he in an unbiased fashion is seemingly giving the Spurs a solid chance to win. He is right on in my opinion to do so.

The Pistons are a very good and rightfully a very confident team right now - it has been a dream season for them so far.

Moreover, Manu out it will be tougher, but the fact is the Spurs have the tools still to go in and beat the Pistons with the additions of Finley and Van Exel.

SequSpur
12-25-2005, 02:15 AM
Are you talking about a regular season game on Christmas Day?

Isn't it quite obvious that the Spurs are going to get blown out? Duncan didn't even want to make the trip.

Ginobili is still sore. The offense is terrible.

There is no clear direction as to who is the man now since Duncan has gone Robinsonesque in deferring to his teammates.

The latest line has the Pistons by at least 6.

I assume that this game could be around a 15 point spread in favor of the Pistons, but I wouldn't be surprised if its 30.

This game means nothing to the Spurs and I am quite sure they will show up in regular season mode, especially on Christmas.

T Park
12-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Duncan didn't even want to make the trip.

link?

I dont blame him.

Newborn daughter, her first Christmas.

And you make the world champion go on the road??

Horseshit.

There is no clear direction as to who is the man now since Duncan has gone Robinsonesque in deferring to his teammates.

Duncan still will take over a game when its time to.
ALA against Toronto, the home game before that.

Spurs are gonna be focused for this game, and I think they come out focused.

Spurs by 6.

Finley and Barry have 16 each.

Duncan has 28.

Parker 18 and 8.

Leading scorer for the PIstons will be Billups with about 26.

Rummpd
12-25-2005, 02:44 AM
I recall seeing Duncan get 34 and 27 in the last two games other than a blowout to the Knicks, and would have probably saved the win at the Bucks, if he was not screwed by the refs. Pretty darn good for a guy with plantar fasciatis.

Relax enjoy the game, and if your smart put some $$ on the Spurs - If Spurs do show up and play like they can that 6 point spread is going to look damm foolish.

T Park
12-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Exactly.

The Pistons are good, no question, and I agree with Don Newman in that they are the best team right now.

But to think the Spurs wont bring it tommarow and have no shot is foolish.

Duncan IMO comes out and busts out a good game.