PDA

View Full Version : Great News

SequSpur
12-25-2005, 03:04 PM
No I didn't switch to Geico.

The Spurs are still the best team in the West and cakewalk to the Finals...

Hopefully Atlanta won't be there, the Spurs could be in trouble.

:elephant

polandprzem
12-25-2005, 03:06 PM
:lol at The X factor

(new to the forum)

T Park
12-25-2005, 03:18 PM
lol

see thats the post Sequ needs to bring.

Funny, but realistic.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Dallas has about the same record as the spurs so I wouldn't say the spurs are clearly the favorites.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-25-2005, 07:20 PM
PUT 'EM UP!!!!!! PUT THAT NUMBER FOUR UP I SAiD!!!!!!

ALVAREZ6
12-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Dallas has about the same record as the spurs so I wouldn't say the spurs are clearly the favorites.
7 game series, 100% healthy, Spurs sweep.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 07:27 PM
7 game series, 100% healthy, Spurs sweep.
:rolleyes

Bruno
12-25-2005, 07:27 PM

You're right.
Before the season, analyst have said that SA was the clear favourite to win the West and that Detroit will have to fight with Pacers and Miami.
Two month later :
- Pacers and Heat are disapointing and Detroit is alone in the East.
- Mavs, Suns (it looks like amare will be back before the ASG) and even Memphis arereal opponents for Spurs.

1Parker1
12-25-2005, 07:30 PM
PUT 'EM UP!!!!!! PUT THAT NUMBER FOUR UP I SAiD!!!!!!

Why do you keep saying this. Am I missing the joke?

leemajors
12-25-2005, 07:45 PM

how are the defending champions not the favorites in the West? they would be the favorites if they were .500 right now.

FreshPrince22
12-25-2005, 07:50 PM
how are the defending champions not the favorites in the West? they would be the favorites if they were .500 right now.

yea right. We were defending champs last year, and we were underdogs to the Heat and Pacers before we ever stepped foot on the court according to the media. Same exact thing happend this year despite our East dominance. Though everyone's on the bandwagon now.
________
a00MateoLuca cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/a00MateoLuca)

Cant_Be_Faded
12-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Why do you keep saying this. Am I missing the joke?

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/2241360724747782.JPG
PUT THEM UP I SAID!

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 08:53 PM

No. I mean that they are not the clear favorites unlike Detroit in the east. Dallas is almost at their level and at times better than them.

leemajors
12-25-2005, 08:56 PM
yea right. We were defending champs last year, and we were underdogs to the Heat and Pacers before we ever stepped foot on the court according to the media. Same exact thing happend this year despite our East dominance. Though everyone's on the bandwagon now.

there was a little more uncertainty as far as the pistons were concerned last year. they had a slow start, all the larry brown drama, and shaq had just moved to the east. everyone underestimated the pistons and they fed off of it. until the mavs beat the spurs in the playoffs i don't see how anyone could say they are at the spurs level or "sometimes above", especially after allowing kobe to score 62 in 3 quarters.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 08:59 PM
The mavs have won like 9 of the last 11 games. They don't match up well to the lakers but beat everyone else. I believe they have a better record in the last 10 games than the spurs. I think this is the year the mavs beat the spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
The Spurs were lucky to beat the Mavs in the 2003 WCF when Nowitzki went down...

A healthy Nowitzki and the Mavs would probably win the West and the Title..

and the mavs were lucky to beat the kings when webber went down

its just the way injuries happen

ABDENOUR POWER
12-25-2005, 10:28 PM

Exactly. Before the season started I kept reading articles saying that Detroit could not get back to the finals unless Miami, Indiana, and New Jersey all had serious injuries. Now that the Pistons are off to a hot start, the media is riding their jock and keep talking about 70 wins (which won't happen). It makes me sick.

Josh810
12-25-2005, 10:53 PM
The Mavs took advantage of the Kings...

The Spurs took advantage of the Mavs...

Sad but true.
Well then wtf is your point?

btw, what are teams supposed to do when the star of another team goes down, just forfeit?

ABDENOUR POWER
12-25-2005, 10:56 PM
:lol

exstatic
12-25-2005, 10:59 PM
The Spurs were lucky to beat the Mavs in the 2003 WCF when Nowitzki went down...

A healthy Nowitzki and the Mavs would probably win the West and the Title..

Wrong. Dallas played BETTER after _irk went down.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Wrong. Dallas played BETTER after _irk went down.

That is bullshit. Dirk going down signaled the end of the mavs chance of beating the spurs no matter who stepped up.

T Park
12-25-2005, 11:25 PM
The mavs have won like 9 of the last 11 games. They don't match up well to the lakers but beat everyone else. I believe they have a better record in the last 10
games than the spurs. I think this is the year the mavs beat the spurs.

Delusion is thy name.

Dirk going down signaled the end of the mavs chance of beating the spurs no matter who stepped up

They were 1-1 against the Spurs without Irk.

1-2 with.

The Spurs beat them pretty good in three straight games WITH Dirk.

They barely beat them in game 6.

Good lord.....

Spurzn703
12-26-2005, 01:10 AM
So what X Factor is saying, is that every title the Spurs have won has been by luck or just bullshit.

They didnt deserve it in 2003 bc Nowitzki got hurt, so if he played, Dallas would have won. Uh, what? How the hell do u know what Dallas would have done? Injuries happen to everyone.

I havent really seen anything about the 1999 season, but I'll bet X Factor will claim the Spurs didnt deserve that bc there were only 50 reg season games. So if there were 82, then somebody else would've won it.

And for last year, Im sure the Spurs won bc Horry got a lucky 3 pointer that 9 times out of 10 never would've gone in, and game 7 was a fluke.

How can a person have so much disrespect for a team who has won 3 titles in 7 years? At least contribute to this board with meaningful banter. How does shitting on the Spurs help develop and advance this message board?

remingtonbo2001
12-26-2005, 02:03 AM
Well then, if we're dealing with BULLSHIT, alirght! Let's go ahead and STRIP the Pistons of their 2004 title. If not that, we might as well put an enormous astrik before 2004 Champions. We might as well state that the .04 FIASCO allowed the Pistons to end the West's reign of superiority. I believe the Pistons also beat a depleated Lakers squad. Why do I bother? The funny thing about this arguement is not the fact that the Pistons beat a depleated Lakers squad in 04, but the fact that a less than healthy Spurs squad beat a heathly Pistons squad. Please, tell me of another player who overcame one NASTY ankle injury 2 months from the beginning of the Playoffs. I remind you, history has shown that the Spurs show significant improvements during the above mentioned period. Add another injury, to the other ankle. Let's not forget, the previous ankle injury had yet to heal. A player, preforming at such a level, with two sub-par ankles, is still able to win Finals MVP. That's amazing. Please, let me know of another player to do such a thing. There should be an astrik placed by the Spurs 2005 Champions.....*Injured Duncan prevails to win 3rd Finals MVP. Not his 1st, nor 2nd, but 3rd. Who on the Pistons roster can claim such applause? Yeah, go ahead and put that astrik up.

* The rings given to the 2004 Champions shall be engraved with the following

Who's your Daddy? BIG SHOT BOB

mavsfan1000
12-26-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm sick of that see the rings way. The pistons are a better team now. The spurs are really good but the Pistons have been unbelievable. Best starting 5 plus now they have a bench. I'm saying the Pistons are the best team this year.

remingtonbo2001
12-26-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm sick of that see the rings way. The pistons are a better team now. The spurs are really good but the Pistons have been unbelievable. Best starting 5 plus now they have a bench. I'm saying the Pistons are the best team this year.

Yeah, right now at this point, they are the best team this year. It's too bad 06' is only a few days away. Cause we all know who the best team this coming year will be. Spurs. I will see all of you this June down by the River.

mikejones99
12-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Detroit eastern champs have an * cuz Dwayne Wade was hurt?

pawe
12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
detroit really planned for the brawl like paying a fan to instigate a fight that will take the pacers out of the finals race..lol. after the pacers are gone, they took advantage of the depleted miami heat team. after all that work, they still lost to the lowly spurs. yeah..put an * in our win.

pawe
12-26-2005, 02:23 PM
why do the dallas mavericks fans always have to stick their noses in topics involving the finals matchups? they should only post to threads regarding trading players and sharing cookies and milk.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Attn Pistons fan: The Lakers had Malone out in the Finals--he couldn't beat the crap out of Sheed like he did to Tim and KG.

Going from Malone to Slava is a HUGE dropoff.

So you should probably not talk a lot about injuries.

What about Wade being hurt in the Game 7 last year? That doens't matter? What about the Pacers not having Artest and JO was banged up and they took that series to 6?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Attn Pistons fan: The Lakers had Malone out in the Finals--he couldn't beat the crap out of Sheed like he did to Tim and KG.

Going from Malone to Slava is a HUGE dropoff.

So you should probably not talk a lot about injuries.

What about Wade being hurt in the Game 7 last year? That doens't matter? What about the Pacers not having Artest and JO was banged up and they took that series to 6?

Malone averaged 43 minutes in the first two Finals games and he only sat out G5...

What about Lewis, Radmonovic and Joe Johnson?

Spurs are just as lucky as the Pistons and every other team that wins the title...

JamesR
12-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Malone averaged 43 minutes in the first two Finals games and he only sat out G5...

What about Lewis, Radmonovic and Joe Johnson?

Spurs are just as lucky as the Pistons and every other team that wins the title...

Sorry, I remembered him sitting out more games--point is he was still injured.

I am not trying to make the point that the Spurs are LESS lucky, only that they are just as lucky as everyother team and that its stupid for people to say "____ had it lucky, ____ was injured"

Dingle Barry
12-26-2005, 08:23 PM
No, just add an "*" to their victory... :lol

Wasn't D. Wade hurting during your close ECF series last year?

ABDENOUR POWER
12-26-2005, 09:38 PM
No, thats another lie that the Bush administration is feeding you. The government is just trying to brainwash you.