PDA

View Full Version : Spurs shouldv'e had the home court!

Spurs rock
12-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I heard Pipen say that the Spurs shouldv'e been at home against the Pistons today because they are the NBA Champs and I agree. If the game was in SA the Spurs wouldv'e won. Oh well maybe next year.

SequSpur
12-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Good point.

Brutalis
12-25-2005, 03:37 PM
boo. hoo.

T Park
12-25-2005, 03:40 PM
I agree, it is disespect for the Spurs to have to go on the road.

Its done, games over.

Move on to Indiana.

Bruno
12-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Spurs couldn't be at home tonight.
The Staff/Pop have said before the season to the nba that the SBC center isn't available for the 25th because they don't want that Spurs play for Christmas.
Result : Nba tricked us and we have played at Detroit.

Spurs rock
12-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Well at least they got to wear their home jerseys lol.

Tek_XX
12-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't know if you've noticed but the league and ABC could care less about the "JV" game it was all about Heat, Lakers. And they really could care less about disrespecting the Spurs.

Trapt1307
12-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Where were the Pistons playing last year on Christmas day when they were defending NBA champs? Oh yeah, Indianapolis after the brawl. Quit whining.

FreshPrince22
12-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Where were the Pistons playing last year on Christmas day when they were defending NBA champs? Oh yeah, Indianapolis after the brawl. Quit whining.

Exactly.
________
Ewita live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Ewita)

Vashner
12-25-2005, 05:08 PM
You think they wanted us to win the Rings??

No... that's the last thing Sterned wanted us to do...

This was rigged with a bunch of back to backs to tire up the spurz and give Detroit advantage...

I would not be suprised it Sterned had Sheeds cousin whacked to make him go off (total bad joke).. you know orders from the top mob boss... Sterned.

Rummpd
12-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Spurs could have used the motivation of the "JV" game and going on the road to at least play hard but they did not. No excuses.

Detroit is damm good team but to get 20+ more boards is inane.

FreshPrince22
12-25-2005, 05:11 PM

This was rigged with a bunch of back to backs to tire up the spurz and give Detroit advantage...

We had the most back-to-backs last season of any team, and we have the most this season. We've already had 8 sets of them. Yes, 8 (Spurs have had 5). And we have 22 over the course of the season, while the Spurs only have 15. At least learn the facts before you go whining about something. Now you just look stupid.
________
Wiki vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

boutons
12-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Vashner's stupidity reputation is widely known.
Thanks for kicking him in the teeth, but it won't help. :)

Vashner
12-25-2005, 05:19 PM
We had the most back-to-backs last season of any team, and we have the most this season. We've already had 8 sets of them. Yes, 8 (Spurs have had 5). And we have 22 over the course of the season, while the Spurs only have 15. At least learn the facts before you go whining about something. Now you just look stupid.

It's a joke noob.

It's only a regular season game. Spurs are still the champs.. Detroit are not the champs. Playoff will decide.

Vashner
12-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Vashner's stupidity reputation is widely known.
Thanks for kicking him in the teeth, but it won't help. :)

Boutons licks the detroit boot so what do you expect.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 06:04 PM
The pistons would've won in San Antonio also. They are the better team right now.

PistonsNation
12-25-2005, 06:22 PM

I would not be suprised it Sterned had Sheeds cousin whacked to make him go off (total bad joke).. you know orders from the top mob boss... Sterned.

Oh c'mon. Stop it already. The Pistons are cooking right now. Especailly at home where we run teams out of our gym. Although, this game could have been played in TD's back yard and we'd of won. We're just that good right now.

Our schedule isn't any easier then yours. We've played more road games than any team in the NBA, in fact we've already played 30+% of our road games.

The Pistons played on the road as the Champs last year on Chirstmas and took care of business down in Indy.

Spurs rock
12-25-2005, 08:58 PM
The pistons would've won in San Antonio also. They are the better team right now.

No!

Spurs play better at home.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 09:02 PM
No!

Spurs play better at home.

How lame. That could've happened but the pistons are great on the road as well. They beat a great home team in Miami last year. They almost beat San Antonio twice in a row at home in the finals. Ginobili wasn't playing also.

Tek_XX
12-25-2005, 11:14 PM
How lame. That could've happened but the pistons are great on the road as well. They beat a great home team in Miami last year. They almost beat San Antonio twice in a row at home in the finals. Ginobili wasn't playing also.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Spurs are world champs. Also where were the mavericks

Trainwreck2100
12-25-2005, 11:18 PM
I heard Pipen say that the Spurs shouldv'e been at home against the Pistons today because they are the NBA Champs and I agree. If the game was in SA the Spurs wouldv'e won. Oh well maybe next year.

They are just lucky they got a game to begin with, in 03 they played on christmas eve and not christmas day.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Spurs are world champs. Also where were the mavericks
Well so are the pistons. What's your point? Also wait til the mavs youth hits their prime. It will be scary. Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Desagna Diop, and etc.

Trainwreck2100
12-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Well so are the pistons. What's your point? Also wait til the mavs youth hits their prime. It will be scary. Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Desagna Diop, and etc.

When that happens they will prob be on different teams

T Park
12-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Well so are the pistons

The Pistons arent the World Champs.

Give it up.

Also wait til the mavs youth hits their prime. It will be scary. Devin Harris, Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, Desagna Diop, and etc.

Parker, Mahinmi, Sanikidze...

Spurs can play the same waiting game youngster.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Not really. Those other 2 players after Parker will never do anything big in the league but the four players I mentioned are already quality players and are really young.

T Park
12-26-2005, 12:01 AM
will never do anything big in the league

Just like that Ginobili guy wouldn't do anything.

Right?

remingtonbo2001
12-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Wow, the Pistons completely inhilated the Spurs today. Looks like our season is going down the toliet....RELAX...it's one game.....Albeit our toughest to date, but still one game that has no playoff implications. The Spurs have never faired well during the first half of the season. Giniobli is also out. The Spurs have incredible difficulties when a key player is missing. Pop runs a very precise and complex system. While this system is nearly flawless with the health of each player, it does not adapt very well when the health of a key player is less than 90%. Popoavich is well aware of this, which is why you didn't see Giniobli in the game today. This isn't an EXCUSE, it's REALITY. When April/May/June arrives, so does the competitive will of each Spur. They stop thinking, and start playing. It is the point where everyone has grown into their role. Last year we had to wing it, and were very fortunate to win, considering two things, Tim's naggin' injuries, and the subtraction of Malik/ the addition of Nazi. Again, Pop's system has a difficult time adjusting to change. No, I'm not talking about the pace of the game, ect. I'm specifically speaking of players and staff. It is possible for Detriot to win it all. What is the key for Detriot to regain status as NBA Champions? Take out one of the Spurs' key players. I'm sure with a team full of "thugs", it wouldn't be difficult. Hey, I didn't say the Piston's were a bunch a thugs, hence the parenthases, some Pistons have dubbed themselves as such. Detriot has NO CHANCE, hmmm....Let me repeat that, NO CHANCE of regaining status as NBA Champions if they face a completely healthy Spurs squad during this year's finals. Why? FLIP SAUNDERS. Guy does great during the regular season, but once the playoffs role around....COUGH COUGH....Sorry, it's the truth. I don't like to admit, but I wish Larry Brown would have stayed in Detriot. It would have made for an intense rivalry, with both Brown and Pop's connection, as well, the already fierce tension between the two teams. I'll admit, I was slightly scared of this Pistons squad, but after today's game, yeah I know we lost, I'm not. The Spurs made a million mistakes, most in the first and last periods. The Spurs' season begins with the arrival of the Rodeo. All games during the first half of the season have very little implication. An extended Pre-season, if you will. It won't change so long as Pop is at the helm. Personally, I think Pop enjoys tearing apart their hides for the first couple of months. You know, when you were a kid, and you did something wrong. Your parent's, or at least mine, would say "this is going to hurt me more than it will you" right before they slap your behind. That's a load of crock. They enjoy it. Haha.

leemajors
12-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Not really. Those other 2 players after Parker will never do anything big in the league but the four players I mentioned are already quality players and are really young.

yeah foreigners never do that well in the nba.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow, the Pistons completely inhilated the Spurs today. Looks like our season is going down the toliet....RELAX...it's one game.....Albeit our toughest to date, but still one game that has no playoff implications. The Spurs have never faired well during the first half of the season. Giniobli is also out. The Spurs have incredible difficulties when a key player is missing. Pop runs a very precise and complex system. While this system is nearly flawless with the health of each player, it does not adapt very well when the health of a key player is less than 90%. Popoavich is well aware of this, which is why you didn't see Giniobli in the game today. This isn't an EXCUSE, it's REALITY. When April/May/June arrives, so does the competitive will of each Spur. They stop thinking, and start playing. It is the point where everyone has grown into their role. Last year we had to wing it, and were very fortunate to win, considering two things, Tim's naggin' injuries, and the subtraction of Malik/ the addition of Nazi. Again, Pop's system has a difficult time adjusting to change. No, I'm not talking about the pace of the game, ect. I'm specifically speaking of players and staff. It is possible for Detriot to win it all. What is the key for Detriot to regain status as NBA Champions? Take out one of the Spurs' key players. I'm sure with a team full of "thugs", it wouldn't be difficult. Hey, I didn't say the Piston's were a bunch a thugs, hence the parenthases, some Pistons have dubbed themselves as such. Detriot has NO CHANCE, hmmm....Let me repeat that, NO CHANCE of regaining status as NBA Champions if they face a completely healthy Spurs squad during this year's finals. Why? FLIP SAUNDERS. Guy does great during the regular season, but once the playoffs role around....COUGH COUGH....Sorry, it's the truth. I don't like to admit, but I wish Larry Brown would have stayed in Detriot. It would have made for an intense rivalry, with both Brown and Pop's connection, as well, the already fierce tension between the two teams. I'll admit, I was slightly scared of this Pistons squad, but after today's game, yeah I know we lost, I'm not. The Spurs made a million mistakes, most in the first and last periods. The Spurs' season begins with the arrival of the Rodeo. All games during the first half of the season have very little implication. An extended Pre-season, if you will. It won't change so long as Pop is at the helm. Personally, I think Pop enjoys tearing apart their hides for the first couple of months. You know, when you were a kid, and you did something wrong. Your parent's, or at least mine, would say "this is going to hurt me more than it will you" right before they slap your behind. That's a load of crock. They enjoy it. Haha.

Keep hanging onto that thought, because right now it's all you got...

And nice injury excuse...

mavsfan1000
12-26-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah foreigners never do that well in the nba.

Are you being sarcastic or are being serious? You never know what you have with these 2 players but Dallas has already proven alot with their youth this year. Devin Harris has all the potential that Parker has. He is a better shooter and a better athlete. Just needs to improve his skills.

leemajors
12-26-2005, 12:58 AM
unless harris can get more pt he will probably leave. i agree with you, the dude has skills. i think parker has more potential though. shooting can just as easily be an acquired skill. parker has improved by leaps and bounds since he was a rookie, but he starts. it makes a big difference, and i don't see harris cracking the starting lineup this year.

remingtonbo2001
12-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Dallas will be a competitive team within the next couple of years, if they keep their core youth intact, as well, A.J. at the helm. Still, I would have to take Parker over any of the four mentioned. The potential that Tony possesses should be frightening to opposing guards. Yeah, Billups is good, All-Star good. But he is also getting up there. He is at his prime. Parker won't reach his, in theory, for another 5-7 years. His abilities are far superior to all, but one or two guards in this league. I wouldn't be surprised if Parker is considered the top floor general by next season. I'm not making a prediction, only saying it is very well possible. Lions Fan, I'm not hanging on to some hope of thread. Go back and watch the game. It wasn't as if the Spurs could not keep up with Detriot. Personally, Detriot didn't play that well today. The Spurs just played even worse. Count how many times a Spur tipped the ball out only for a Piston, mainly Ben, to have another opportunity to score. Our freethrow shooting is horrible. That's an understatement. But, we shot freethrows incredibly well during the beginning of the season. I believe we will get back to above 70% by the end of the regular season. After watching the game I realized that it is not the Pistons that will be the Spurs toughest obstical in repeating, but themselves. Please, don't deny that the Spurs are not the superior team when fully healthy. We beat your squad last year with a Tim Duncan that was maybe 75%. A team that had to re-gel right before the Playoffs. I don't recall any key Piston being injured. Really Detriot is it's own worst enemy, actually it's Rasheed. If Sheed's head was in the majority of the games, the Pistons would be scary. But once you take him out, which isn't too difficult with his ill-temperment, the Pistons drop down to the level of a Pacers squad. Rasheed is good, real good, when he wants to be. He could have had his name etched in the Hall, but I would think it might be too late for that. He is who he is. I can't degrade him for that. But, Sheed, if he gave it his all, could have been considered one of the greats. I guess he's satisfied with good. I don't have a problem with that. That's just who he is.

mavsfan1000
12-26-2005, 01:09 AM
unless harris can get more pt he will probably leave. i agree with you, the dude has skills. i think parker has more potential though. shooting can just as easily be an acquired skill. parker has improved by leaps and bounds since he was a rookie, but he starts. it makes a big difference, and i don't see harris cracking the starting lineup this year.

Unless Dallas resigns Terry this offseason Harris will be the starter next year. Dallas right now is loaded with talent. Daniels could easily play back up point guard.

GOODfellas
12-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Remember, years back when all the Mav's fans were saying "man, when our group of young guys mature (kidd, jackson, etc.) were going to kick some but, and win some championships". Three Spurs championships later, WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

jochhejaam
12-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Spurs could have used the motivation of the "JV" game and going on the road to at least play hard but they did not. No excuses.

Detroit is damm good team but to get 20+ more boards is inane.
Counting team rebounds it was 66-38, it's the sort of game that can make you doubt in your teams ability. We had the exact thing happen in a loss to Utah this year where we were outrebounded 64-35 (embarrassing).
I guess I'm sayin what most here already know and that's; don't put too much stock in one game.

Trapt1307
12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
After watching the game I realized that it is not the Pistons that will be the Spurs toughest obstical in repeating, but themselves. Please, don't deny that the Spurs are not the superior team when fully healthy. We beat your squad last year with a Tim Duncan that was maybe 75%. A team that had to re-gel right before the Playoffs. I don't recall any key Piston being injured. Really Detriot is it's own worst enemy, actually it's Rasheed. If Sheed's head was in the majority of the games, the Pistons would be scary. But once you take him out, which isn't too difficult with his ill-temperment, the Pistons drop down to the level of a Pacers squad. Rasheed is good, real good, when he wants to be. He could have had his name etched in the Hall, but I would think it might be too late for that. He is who he is. I can't degrade him for that. But, Sheed, if he gave it his all, could have been considered one of the greats. I guess he's satisfied with good. I don't have a problem with that. That's just who he is.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about, so just stop talking now before you make an even bigger ass out of yourself.

JamStone
12-26-2005, 11:59 AM

:lol :lol :lol

1. Last year, the Spurs were 38-10 at the all-star break. Are you sure the Spurs have "never faired well during the first half of the season?"

2. Detroit has had injuries. You don't hear much about them because the Pistons players usually play through them without much media attention surrounding them. That plantar fasciitis Tim Duncan is suffering from ... Rasheed had in the entire 2004 championship run. The past week, Rip has had pretty severe back problems and less than a week ago, he sprained three fingers on his shooting hand. End of last year, Ben played the last 10-15 regular season games and the entire playoffs with bone spurs in one of his feet. Ben has suffered through foot problems again this year. Go ahead and use Ginobili's absence and Tim Duncan's limitations due to injuries as justifications. There's definitely merit in it. But, please don't pretend that the Pistons have been completely healthy just because they play through their injuries and there aren't 20 national articles documenting those injuries. We hear it all the time ... "if Jason Kidd was healthy," "if Jermaine O'Neal was healthy," "if Shaq and Wade were healthy ..." Well, you know what? They weren't so, chill out with the "what-ifs" crying complaints. Would things have turned out if Ginobili played and Timmy wasn't hobbled? Yeah, probably. Fact is they weren't. Deal with it.

3. As for Flip Saunders, the debate will continue until everyone actually sees what he can do with this Detroit squad in the post-season. But, let me shed some light on a misconception, remingtonbo. Do you know how many times a Flip Saunders Minnesota Timberwolves squad lost in the first round of the playoffs with the BETTER RECORD, HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE, and BEING FAVORED TO WIN THE SERIES? People claim Flip is such a bad playoff coach without understanding his failures. How many times did that Minnesota team have homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs and lose? Make your guess yet? It's ONCE. ONE TIME. Out of all of those first round playoff exits, it was only ONCE that his team should have won but didn't. And, that team? Why it was the THREE TIME defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers. Not exactly an overwhelming upset, if you ask most basketball pundits. By that time, the Lakers did not necessarily play for homecourt in the post season. They had won the title three times in a row and they knew what it took to win the post season. So, saying the Wolves were favored to win that match-up would be an exaggeration at best. All of the other first round exits the Timberwolves had were against better teams with better regular season records. The whole misconception that Flip Saunders is a horrible playoff coach MUST BE tempered with those facts. That doesn't mean Flip will necessarily be much better with the Pistons. But, this is a different team, different players, different organization, different attitude. If, as a Spurs fan, your best reason as to why the Pistons can't win the championship this year is based on Flip's misconceived playoff record with the Minnesota Timberwolves, then more power to you, because that's a pretty weak argument.

Most knowledgeable Pistons fans know how good this Spurs team can be. Why SOME Spurs fans feel the need to discredit the Pistons, i have no idea.

angel_luv
12-26-2005, 12:18 PM
I agree that the Spurs should have been able to stay at home. My co-workers were happy since the guys being gone meant we were off at the SBC Center.

It's a shame the team lost- the trip profited us nothing.

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Now Now we can use the manu being hurt all we want but remember rick hamilton also played hurt he was a game tim decission today and remember lindsey hunter is also hurt due to a injury so lets not throw the injury card out it rolls both ways here.

pawe
12-26-2005, 12:31 PM
It's the Christmas season so its ok to give the pistons a Christmas win. we are the champs anyway. Relax guys, let them enjoy winning for a while.

jochhejaam
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think the NBA plays favorites when it comes to the schedule, we won the Eastern Conference last year and had to play 12 of our first 18 on the road this year. Still, I'm not sure how they decide who plays at home first.

You get the home game with us on Jan 12 so it all evens out. :)