PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to call it

SuperManu!!!
12-25-2005, 10:58 PM
WE need Manu bacK! The spurs are clearly powerless without him. Duncan isn't the same as he used to be. I guess all those injuries and having so many good players around him made him a little soft. Parker have improved a lot this season, but he can't make everything by himself. He is the best spurs so far but he needs back up players.
And finley is a big dissapointment so far for me, just like barry

Trainwreck2100
12-25-2005, 11:01 PM
WE need Manu bacK! The spurs are clearly powerless without him. Duncan isn't the same as he used to be. I guess all those injuries and having so many good players around him made him a little soft. Parker have improved a lot this season, but he can't make everything by himself. He is the best spurs so far but he needs back up players.

We don't NEED Manu till he's 100%.

spurs=bling
12-25-2005, 11:01 PM
WE need his style of basketball like george karl likes to call it.

Fin is a good player but he doesn't have the energy that manu has.

I hope he comes back soon because it ain't the same with out the tree amigos

T Park
12-25-2005, 11:17 PM

huh?

Finley has been averaging like 16 a game.

WTF?!?!?!

I guess all those injuries and having so many good players around him made him a little soft.

So Duncan is soft now??

You ginobili people are just somethin else....

JamesR
12-26-2005, 10:45 AM

Finley is putting up 16PPG in Manu's absence and Barry is second on the team in 3PT%.

Tough crowd.

1Parker1
12-26-2005, 10:47 AM
The Spurs problem has been rebounding and offense. The big men (aside from Duncan) are not rebounding the ball and on the other side the whole team seems to be standing around watching Duncan and Parker score while they clank shots left and right. Credit Bruce for still showing up every night playing his usual defense and hitting those 3's, but guys like Finley, Barry, Rasho, and Nazr really need to step up their offensive game when someone of Manu's caliber is out, which Finley has not been able to do consistently. I don't know what Barry's excuse is this year. Rasho needs to rebound! Nazr needs to play better defense.

Still, if it weren't for the rebounding problem in yesterday's game, the game woild have been closer. Which is great considering Manu was out!

ducks
12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
duncan has not been duncan because of his injury or lack of focus
nothing to do with manu playing or not

spurs last year had tp, manu and duncan
when those three were on they win
this year spurs have had finley,tp and duncan

usually it takes three players playing well to win

manu rebounds some but rebounding was the problem yesterday

ps the spurs record is close to what it was last year
when those three are on they win

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Finley has been adequate in filling in for Manu. He sucked yesterday, but I can't complain about him averaging 15 with Manu sidelined.

The Spurs need to take care of/move the ball and go to the glass. It's basic basketball.

In losses this season, they only average around 37-38 boards -- the only loss that they outrebounded their opponent was Dallas.

In wins, they average around 44 rebounds. On the season they average the same amount of rebounds as last year. So they haven't regressed or anything. They just need to not have the horrible rebounding games like yesterday.

ducks
12-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Finley was a no show last night..

It's nice to show up every once in a while against subpar teams...

But when it comes to the big games, they tend to disappear Just like Parker does...

tp showed up yesterday

lilmads
12-26-2005, 11:07 AM
he definitely did... if it weren't for tp spurs would've had no points in the first quarter!

1Parker1
12-26-2005, 11:09 AM
he definitely did... if it weren't for tp spurs would've had no points in the first quarter!

:lol That was crazy. Even Bill Walton was all over Tony yesterday. He was like Tony Parker 6 Detroit 2.

Solid D
12-26-2005, 11:14 AM
I would add that the Spurs lacked an extra scorer who can create his own shots and move the defense. Manu does that and he is a difference maker when they face teams who play strong man defense. When Tim goes out against teams like the Pistons, the other guys the Spurs have added HAVE to hit their jumpshots, otherwise the scoring falls off the table. Manu and Parker together, discombobulate defenses...they break them down.

The trouble with the Spurs yesterday is they only had one guy in to rebound when their shots went up. On almost every Spurs shot opportunity, the Spurs had 3 guys on the arc and then they focused on stopping transition baskets. You add that to lazy box outs on the other end and you end up with poor results.

One guy in to rebound when your perimeter shooters are as follows:
Finley 1-7
Barry 1-4
Horry 1-6
NVE 2-6

Not so good...

weebo
12-26-2005, 11:21 AM
This year's team isn't going anywhere. Everything about them shows off their arrogance. Obviously the Spurs feel they can show up to any arena and win by their mere prescence alone. That they can "turn it off and on" and still win. Look at their wins and losses. Ok, the record may be as good as last year's but the effort they gave out on the court last year isn' there this year. Just look at the teams they've lost to, and the games they do win are usually won in the last few minutes of the game. They have gotten lazy and just don't seem to care. Not only that but most people in here keep coming up with excuses that its just December...its only the regular season...they're the champs they have a target on their backs...and blah blah blah. I say screw that. Every game should be played like its the last game of the year. This year's version of the Spurs just doesn't have that competive fire. Even this kinder gentler Pop is starting to piss me off. He sits on the bench for most of the game like a poorman's zenmaster. Where's the yelling and screaming at Parker, those dirty looks at the refs. Nope. Nothing. Just sits there like his watching the game from his couch at home. This team is gutless.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 11:35 AM
This year's team isn't going anywhere. Everything about them shows off their arrogance. Obviously the Spurs feel they can show up to any arena and win by their mere prescence alone. That they can "turn it off and on" and still win. Look at their wins and losses. Ok, the record may be as good as last year's but the effort they gave out on the court last year isn' there this year. Just look at the teams they've lost to, and the games they do win are usually won in the last few minutes of the game. They have gotten lazy and just don't seem to care. Not only that but most people in here keep coming up with excuses that its just December...its only the regular season...they're the champs they have a target on their backs...and blah blah blah. I say screw that. Every game should be played like its the last game of the year. This year's version of the Spurs just doesn't have that competive fire. Even this kinder gentler Pop is starting to piss me off. He sits on the bench for most of the game like a poorman's zenmaster. Where's the yelling and screaming at Parker, those dirty looks at the refs. Nope. Nothing. Just sits there like his watching the game from his couch at home. This team is gutless.

Well then why do you still watch the games?

weebo
12-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Well then why do you still watch the games?

I'm of fan of basketball. Not just the Spurs.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm of fan of basketball. Not just the Spurs.

Fair enough.

Old School Chic
12-26-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree that Manu needs to come back... FAST!

Get well soon Manu!

bonesinaz
12-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I think that Manu is the spark to the Spurs winning. He has been ever since joining the team. He plays 100% to win. Yes, he makes TOs. And yes, he does get injured. But you know when he is playing that the Spurs have a different energy to their play. He is not the only piece needed for a championship team, but he is essential.

Manu, whether coming off the bench or starting, is a necessary ingredient to the Spurs winning chemistry.

Felonius Monk
12-26-2005, 11:50 AM

Solid D
12-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Sometimes I catch myself with feelings similar to weebo, and then I realize how it is when I play basketball; some days I can't catch my breath as easily or the shots just don't feel right and the guy I'm defending is taller or runs me around more.

I catch myself and think about my job (employment) and realize that even though I may be working hard, or even extra hours, some days I'm not very effective while other days everything clicks just right. That's life.

Pop is doing fine, by the way. He gets after guys when he needs to. I think if you read or hear Finley or Nick or Horry''s comments about Pop's "words of wisdom" at halftime, you would realize he's not passive. He really tied into Tony yesterday in the second quarter.

hendrix
12-26-2005, 11:57 AM
After the Allstar break and once TP makes his so-mush-desired appereance, things will come around... he might actually become a team player.

Athenea
12-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Fair enough.
Is it u, Jamaz? :angel

weebo
12-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Sometimes I catch myself with feelings similar to weebo, and then I realize how it is when I play basketball; some days I can't catch my breath as easily or the shots just don't feel right and the guy I'm defending is taller or runs me around more.

I catch myself and think about my job (employment) and realize that even though I may be working hard, or even extra hours, some days I'm not very effective while other days everything clicks just right. That's life.

Pop is doing fine, by the way. He gets after guys when he needs to. I think if you read or hear Finley or Nick or Horry''s comments about Pop's "words of wisdom" at halftime, you would realize he's not passive. He really tied into Tony yesterday in the second quarter.

Well, maybe the team is just tuning Pop out, because whatever he is saying at halftime isn't getting across to the team. I understand your point about having "off days", but this year's version of the team has had too many of those off days/nights whatever. The point I'm trying to make is that this year's team seems to come and play whenever they feel like it. As I said earlier, the Spurs record maybe as good as last year but that doesn't make them a better team. The effort and energy aren't there and using injuries as an excuse for lack of effort is like fans here blaming the refs for losses. I just think that the Spurs have played better with lesser teams. This team may very well be the most talented in franchise history but they sure don't play like it.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Is it u, Jamaz? :angel

BENCH MANU!!! :p

Hey athe ;)

Athenea
12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
BENCH MANU!!! :p

Hey athe ;)
:pctoss

:lol