PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those christmases

T Park
12-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Get in a fight with a family member.

Unwrapping gifts quietly not saying a word.

Miserable all day.

Sucks having days like that on christmas.

Making other family members upset to the point where they feel like its their fault, when they werent even involved.

Sucks when you finally have one of those, and makes you cry all evening.

Yeah, Im a bandwagoning lying asshole.

So fucking what. I have feelings too.

Sorry, had to vent.

You guys Im sure will have great advice, I just needed to vent.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2005, 01:51 AM
No advice, I'm just sorry it went that way for you.

:(

RashoFan
12-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Sorry to hear that T Park...

T Park
12-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh and to follow up how horrible I am, cause yeah some of you know it.

I can be a prick, and prob not can be, but am.

I guess i forgot to unwrap two gifts from my mom and my cousin called me and said my mom was really sad about that.

So now ive made the most sweetest, greatest person in the world, that is my mom, sad on christmas.

As Aggie and others have said

way to go T Park....

kris
12-26-2005, 02:04 AM
What happened?

T Park
12-26-2005, 02:10 AM
long story short.

I accidentally broke a bar stool.

Totally by accident.

me and the old man get in a fight.

Im in one room hes in the living room.

Were both watching the game.

I was so pissed i refused to go unwrap presents.

When I finally got unpissed, we did, but old Dad was too concerned with the Spurs game to pay attention to what me or Mom was unwrapping.

Mom wanted to see a movie, I didnt really but went along with it, cause the pangs of "your a horrible son" got to me, so i went, the movie kinda sucked.

but got home, me and mom had a talk, we aired some things out..
We both cried.

She told me how it was the worst christmas ever cause you and your dad were mad at each other, and you were both mad at the Spurs (we butt heads alot, hes pretty much like the myopian on here, Finley has one good game, great pickup one bad one, sucks I can see why Dallas cut him)

so then me and mom have a good cry.

SO I come home, find an email from my cousin saying I forgot to unwrap to presents and that really bothered my mom.

So, it was a shitty christmas.

But what makes it worse, I let some petty arguement and some stupid ass fucking basketball game, come between me and fam for christmas.

So all the reality starts to hit me and sucha nd I felt like a shit head.

No one from my family is up,

so i decided to tell my friends on here.

Sorry, had to vent, let it out.

If you dont, I guess thats unhealthy or whatever.

Just, long standing issues are continuing to come up and, i dont know.

Life sucks right now...

25 years old, and still having issues with mom ad dad.

Guess thats normal?? buzzz wrong.....

Like I said, Im sure some of the people that dont like me,

Smeagol and others

will enjoy reading this, as Smeagol said one time "Your misery gives me happieness"

ShoogarBear
12-26-2005, 02:32 AM
Sorry about your day.

For the most part, issues with your parents never go away. Until you realize that THEY are probably too old to change, and so you have to be the one to just accept them for what they are, and make the acceptable changes in yourself to get along.

Life got a lot easier once I did. Also makes the last years with them much more pleasant.

SequSpur
12-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Yep, the only thing you can change is yourself.

I personally make a conscious effort that birthdays, christmas, anniversaries and thanksgiving are off limits to arguments and disagreements. Even if the Spurs have the JV game on ABC.

T Park
12-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Until you realize that THEY are probably too old to change, and so you have to be the one to just accept them for what they are

Yeah, I guess thats the problems me and my old man are havin.

Hes a grumpy, short tempered guy, and in real life (notice i said real life) im a easy come easy go guy
and that clashes...

Guess I should be the one that should be embarassed.

Sorry once again to waste bandwidth on this...

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I personally make a conscious effort that birthdays, christmas, anniversaries and thanksgiving are off limits to arguments and disagreements. Even if the Spurs have the JV game on ABC.

LJ has that same philosophy. It stops me from getting worried/upset about stuff. If anything happens slightly wrong, he says, "That's fine .. it's Christmas" and then I think .. ehh, you're right.

TPark, I know that sometimes relationships with your parents can be rough -- but you are lucky to still have them and they do love you. Treasure the good stuff and realize that the "bad" stuff isn't worth sweating/arguing over.

ShoogarBear
12-26-2005, 02:39 AM
I personally make a conscious effort that birthdays, christmas, anniversaries and thanksgiving are off limits to arguments and disagreements.
Yeah, but you get your money's worth the rest of the year.

Even if the Spurs have the JV game on ABC.
I just wish they had done something to prove they didn't deserve it.

T Park
12-26-2005, 02:40 AM
TPark, I know that sometimes relationships with your parents can be rough -- but you are lucky to still have them and they do love you. Treasure the good stuff and realize that the "bad" stuff isn't worth sweating/arguing over.

Yeah.

I do believe that.

Its just, in the heat of the moment, I forget that, and let my stupid ass ego get in the way.

And I always feel like crap later lol.

Ol T Park never learns.

SequSpur
12-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, but you get your money's worth the rest of the year.

I just wish they had done something to prove they didn't deserve it.

:lol

Today was kind've cool, we actually watched the Pistons wack the Spurs ass and laughed about it. Then we threw down on some Ham. Ate alot of desserts... drank lots of crown and coke....

Then Karaoke for about 3 hours. It was cool.

Oh... my mom lives in this group home in Kansas and I called her and she said, "yeah boy... I watched your team today... that was a waste of my time....." :lol

MannyIsGod
12-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Shoog speaks the truth. Acceptance with the parental units is a big step to living a happy life.

Carie
12-26-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. Maybe you can go back over there tomorrow, open your gifts, and make nice with your dad. I hope everything works out for you.

xcoriate
12-26-2005, 03:39 AM
If I've got anything to offer on the subject its apologiose, even if you dont think your in the wrong. All it take is one to man up and accept there fault in the escalation of the issue and the rest should follow suit.

Soon all will be good, forgive and forget.

iminlakerland
12-26-2005, 03:39 AM
T Park,

Honestly get on right terms with your parents our life on this earth isnt a given. It can be taken from us at any time. I know it wasnt the greatest Christmas but it could be worse.

I had probably the worst Christmas this year, cried a lot of tears, but seriously make things right with your parents, and enjoy the time you have with each other on this earth.

RIP Grandpa I love you

SequSpur
12-26-2005, 03:54 AM
:depressed

Wow....

I hope things go better for you all next year. Its supposed to be a time of joy, but I understand...

It was tough making that call to my Grandma in the nursing home in Kansas today, she definitely wasn't happy about being there... my brother didn't go visit here today, so that kind've blew.

Man... really.... make it a better day tomorrow.

DesiSpur_21
12-26-2005, 04:05 AM
keep your mom happy - that's all I can say.

TheSuckUp
12-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Sometimes you have to suck it up during Christmas.
Make eye contact with the obnoxious brown nosing relative.
Smile that smile to those you really don't want to talk to.
Give the oppligatory hug to the rarely seen cousin, aunt or uncle.
Bite your tongue when you really want to say, "What the hell....."..
Stick around long enough so that everyone knows you were there.
Eat.

Hope things to better for the New Year!

Make amends.

Slomo
12-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Sorry about your day.

For the most part, issues with your parents never go away. Until you realize that THEY are probably too old to change, and so you have to be the one to just accept them for what they are, and make the acceptable changes in yourself to get along.

Life got a lot easier once I did. Also makes the last years with them much more pleasant. That's very true.

Not to demoralize you even further, but you know how as you get older you become your parents? Well it's true and it does not help with the issues, so the only thing to do is to become Switzerland for the holidays and accept the fact that EVERYTING they do is usually motivated by their love for you (I know sometimes it's hard to believe - but it is).

Oh and call your mom and clear out the unopened presents thing - it will make both of you feel a lot better.

Slomo
12-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Sorry about your grandpa iminlakerland :(

MannyIsGod
12-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Man, I had a bad Christmas Eve myself. I was feeling really fucking out of it early that morning and had a bit of a breakdown. Mandy game and got me and we went and had breakfast, so all I can say is that I'm very thankful for having good friends.

I had a lot of bad luck this year, but I had a lot of good luck too. And I saw people who had it way worse, too. I don't know, at some point you learn to really apprecaite whats important in life.

SpursWoman
12-26-2005, 10:18 AM
TPark, I know that sometimes relationships with your parents can be rough -- but you are lucky to still have them and they do love you.

This is my first year without having any parents at all to be with for the holidays....so trust me, don't sweat the small stuff and make the most of all of your time together. They will always be who they are going to be, and the best thing you can do is adapt to them....(and lots of deep breaths and counting stuff). It's definitely worth the effort. :)

easjer
12-26-2005, 10:21 AM
I've had Christmases or other holidays like that in the past. They are miserable and I'm totally sorry, TPark.

I still have issues with my parents or family at 25. Just because you are an adult doesn't make years of intricate family patterns or old hurts go away. It only increases your ability to see things in their full complexity and hopefully the ability to be empathetic and willing to acknowledge that there are always other sides to the story.

When you have the opportunity, think over some of the things that push your buttons about family and why. I know that my mom can push my button faster than anyone because of a tone or a look. My husband doesn't get why I'm so hot about it, but it's because of the history of that tone . . . Anyway, when you know why or when things will get to you, then you can make a more concious effort to recognize when it's happening and bite your tongue or diffuse the situation. And that's all you cn do with family - diffuse the situation, grin and bear it or leave the family. It doesn't sound like things are at that point yet.

McKenzie
12-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I got yelled at by my father, too. Over a stupid comment about liking French wine. Don't know why he was so pissed but I just finished dinner, opened gifts, gave out hugs and came home. He's a grumpy old man. He will always be that. He can yell at someone else.

T Park
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
^^ lol

you know how I feel then sometimes..

Faccia di Angelo
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your Christmas Tpark. Its no fun when you're miserable and things don't go well. Especially with family members and parents. Mine actually was pretty good and enjoyable except for some minor problems. I lost something that was very sentimental to me (everyone here thought I was crazy for missing it but it meant something special to me) and I lost an earring that a friend gave me as a gift, and then my bestfriend was being real bitchy with us and didn't even want to hang out on Christmas day. Its something we do every year, so that upset and hurt me :( But I told myself screw it, I'm not gonna let that bother me, its the holidays, if someone wants to be sad or upset let that fester up in them, its not gonna ruin things for me. I'm grateful things are pretty good with my parents though. I absolutely adore my mother and love my step dad. They are good people. Every year now that I share with them is very precious cause they are only getting older and my mom's health deteriorating. I guess I didn't realize how many people don't have that. I hope things work out with your dad.
And I'm sorry to everyone who lost or missed having a loved one during the holidays. :(

ShoogarBear
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh... my mom lives in this group home in Kansas and I called her and she said, "yeah boy... I watched your team today... that was a waste of my time....." :lol
:lmao That's sig-worthy.

hicksi
12-26-2005, 04:16 PM
I got yelled at by my father, too. Over a stupid comment about liking French wine. Don't know why he was so pissed but I just finished dinner, opened gifts, gave out hugs and came home. He's a grumpy old man. He will always be that. He can yell at someone else.
You probably forgot to send him some pictures (or something like that) :rolleyes

Triumph
12-27-2005, 04:58 AM

Miserable all day.

Making other family members upset to the point where they feel like its their fault, when they werent even involved.

Sorry, had to vent.

your too old to feel sorry for yourself. be a leader and show your family the way things should be. :tu you have it in you....just do it. Godbless you brother.

MiNuS
12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
LOL!

there you go again Tpark making friends!

I forgot my digital camera @ my wifes aunt and we call her up the next day
about a million times to ask her if she by any chance find it. And she answers
nothing was found without going to look. I tell my wife to drop it and give us a chance
to look in our house. I swear my wife had it at her aunts house.

Well after doubting all of my wife's family and questioning the new members I find the damn thing in my drawer!!!! Hey the damn thing together with the 1 gb flash memory
is about $550.HEY!

end of story: when you're under the influence even your grandmother is criminal element.

Don't admit to being wrong.

Merry Christmas!

tlongII
12-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Way to go TPark.

Oh, Gee!!
12-27-2005, 03:15 PM

maybe it's time to move out of the garage and find a place of your own.

T Park
12-27-2005, 03:54 PM
hmm

maybe its time you buy a fucking clue nitwit.

Oh, Gee!!
12-27-2005, 03:55 PM
hmm

maybe its time you buy a fucking clue nitwit.

now I know why your parents hate you.

Mr. Peabody
12-27-2005, 03:57 PM
maybe it's time to move out of the garage and find a place of your own.

:lol :lol

Horry For 3!
12-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Nope, can't say I have.

Guru of Nothing
12-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Miserable all day.

Sorry, had to vent.

Look on the bright side TPark, it's not as bad as being stationed in Iraq and getting your ass shot at by terrorists, while your wife sits at home praying that you will spend next Christmas with your very young children.

Now, I'll bet you feel better already.

T Park
12-27-2005, 09:51 PM
So I have a fight with one of my love ones, you tell me that, and I should automatically feel chipper?

Interesting.

now I know why your parents hate you

they hate my cause im psychotic.

Better not come to the next GTG.
GRRRR.

Mr. Defense
12-27-2005, 09:56 PM
your parents don't hate you man. but there are obviously communication issues.

if you talk with love in your heart, forgiveness in your heart...you'll be able to handle anything that is thrown your way...i know it's hard with family....they are the ones that are supposed to have your back, no matter what....but we are all human...even our parents....we all make mistakes....mine did...but i cannot blame them....i'm too old now.

anything that happens in my life is of my doing. it's all about perspective brother. just close your eyes and remember all the blessings you have in your life. Our TRUE Father is God. And he won't let us down....not ever. :tu

Guru of Nothing
12-27-2005, 10:08 PM
So I have a fight with one of my love ones, you tell me that, and I should automatically feel chipper?

No, I'm suggesting that you to quit fighting with your loved ones and count your blessings, with a little encouragement thrown in for good measure.

N.Y. Johnny
12-27-2005, 11:33 PM
I had a very uneasy and cringe moment Friday before Christmas.

Basically, I had decided to buy some gifts for my friend Ron's girlfriend's kid. This is a cute as a button little 8 year old boy.
I know my friend Ron for a while but we don't really hang out alot, its one of those friends you see once in a while thing, and I knew he had recently hooked up with a new woman and this woman had a little boy. I knew nothing of their history but their names and that they're from Washington State.

Well I decided to get their little kid a gift of a toy for Christmas because he is just a nice kid, so I go and I buy a nice Train Set complete with 2 Trains and tracks, and little houses, a little board, fake trees, and tunnels. Its a nice train set and one I guess a kid like that would like, well I bought it and gave it to them and left Austin.

later on my friend Ron calls me and tells me that the girlfriend and kid are upset so badly, the girl was upset and pissed and the kid was crying all night and that it was because of what i gave them, that little Union Pacific and Amtrak Model train set, at first i'm like WTF??? but then I come to find out that her ex Husband and the kids father was killed by getting hit and run over on the train tracks up there in Washington.
HOLY SHIT..i couldn't believe it and I felt terrible. My friend Ron told me thats what happened and it wasn't my fault cause I didn't know the history. Shit I still feel awful about that and I totally fuckin feel bad for them.

Mr. Defense
12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
wow...that's sad but funny. :lmao

is Ron's girlfriend a hottie?

MannyIsGod
12-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Oh man dude, I know its wrong of me but that made me fucking laugh so much.

:lmao

The sone
12-28-2005, 12:15 AM
i think i peed a little...lol sorry but its one of those things...ouch!!!

SpursWoman
12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Hoooolllllly shit! Please tell me you're making that up Johnny!?!? :lmao

MannyIsGod
12-28-2005, 12:55 AM
No shit man, thats fucked up but so funny. I mean, I know its not right to laugh, but fuck if I can't help it.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2005, 12:59 AM
That's is one really fucked-up story.

The only thing I can compare to it is Phoebe Cates' Christmas story in Gremlins.

midgetonadonkey
12-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh shit Johnny. That story is fucking classic. I'm writing that down so one day I can tell it to my grandchildren.

bigzak25
12-28-2005, 01:00 AM
the chimney...ha ha!

bigzak25
12-28-2005, 01:07 AM
i remember a conversation one time many many years ago when this girl at lunch was talking about her parents being deceased and someone...i don't know who...said something to the effect of...both of them?

'yes.'

what? one of those train wreck deals or what?

'yes.'

cue the tears....

dayum...what were the odds...:lol

McKenzie
12-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I had a very uneasy and cringe moment Friday before Christmas.

Basically, I had decided to buy some gifts for my friend Ron's girlfriend's kid. This is a cute as a button little 8 year old boy.
I know my friend Ron for a while but we don't really hang out alot, its one of those friends you see once in a while thing, and I knew he had recently hooked up with a new woman and this woman had a little boy. I knew nothing of their history but their names and that they're from Washington State.

Well I decided to get their little kid a gift of a toy for Christmas because he is just a nice kid, so I go and I buy a nice Train Set complete with 2 Trains and tracks, and little houses, a little board, fake trees, and tunnels. Its a nice train set and one I guess a kid like that would like, well I bought it and gave it to them and left Austin.

later on my friend Ron calls me and tells me that the girlfriend and kid are upset so badly, the girl was upset and pissed and the kid was crying all night and that it was because of what i gave them, that little Union Pacific and Amtrak Model train set, at first i'm like WTF??? but then I come to find out that her ex Husband and the kids father was killed by getting hit and run over on the train tracks up there in Washington.
HOLY SHIT..i couldn't believe it and I felt terrible. My friend Ron told me thats what happened and it wasn't my fault cause I didn't know the history. Shit I still feel awful about that and I totally fuckin feel bad for them.

OMFG!! I know I shouldn't laugh but what a bizarre thing that is. OMG. It's terrible what happened, but that story is right out of a Seinfeld episode.

N.Y. Johnny
12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I wish I did make it up, but damn what were the odds? I had no clue what had happened and when I found out...damn I was floored. oh well what are you gonna do huh? :lol

SpursWoman
12-28-2005, 01:23 PM
That is just unreal.....the odds have to be at least a ga-jillion to one. :lol

McKenzie
12-28-2005, 01:31 PM
No joke...a ga-zillion to one. And the odds of being hit by a train is so random as well. At least I would have thought so until now.

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2005, 02:31 PM
long story short.

Totally by accident.

When I finally got unpissed, we did, but old Dad was too concerned with the Spurs game to pay attention to what me or Mom was unwrapping.

Mom wanted to see a movie, I didnt really but went along with it, cause the pangs of "your a horrible son" got to me, so i went, the movie kinda sucked.

We both cried.

She told me how it was the worst christmas ever cause you and your dad were mad at each other, and you were both mad at the Spurs (we butt heads alot, hes pretty much like the myopian on here, Finley has one good game, great pickup one bad one, sucks I can see why Dallas cut him)

SO I come home, find an email from my cousin saying I forgot to unwrap to presents and that really bothered my mom.

But what makes it worse, I let some petty arguement and some stupid ass fucking basketball game, come between me and fam for christmas.

Life sucks right now...

Smeagol and others

will enjoy reading this, as Smeagol said one time "Your misery gives me happieness"

T-Park...in the spirit of the holidays I am actually going to give you a nice and sympathetic response instead of taking advantage of the multitude of opportunities you just gave me with that post to make fun of you...

It appears that the trigger issue was the spat between you and your father...

Father/son relationships are tough in the best of times...the stress of the holidays just add extra fuel to the potential fire.

There are expectations on both sides of the father/son relationship (especially at your age) that are rarely met...you are still transitioning from the "boy to man" thing in your relationship with him...

What you always have to remember is that both of you are very human...with human problems and human faults. You need to work very hard to temper your expectations and just try to be the "big" person in the relationship...fathers rarely if ever apologize to their sons even if they are dead wrong...

He hurt your feelings and instead of reacting like you would if a friend hurt your feelings and working it out, you reverted to the comfort of the "boy" phase of your relationship and pouted...he then reacted with more frustration, etc...reinforcing the original father/son dominance/submission thing which then fueled your frustration even more...

Next time...get out of this vicious cycle...keep the conversation on the issue (the broken chair) and deal with it just like you would deal with it if you broke a chair at Kori and LJ's house...clean up the mess and offer to replace it with a new one...deal with him like he is your friend and not your father...it will take time but gradually both of you will work through this phase of your relationship...

FYI, this is the "easy" part of the Father/Son transition...hopefully you will have the opportunity to see your parents live to a ripe old age...The transition of power with the son taking over the "man of the family" role with an aging father is MUCH tougher to get through...

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh yeah...just don't take your parents to Mortons for a "make-up" dinner...you might be having Thanksgiving dinner by yourself at the Jiminez thang next year after they dump you... :lol

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Great reply Cowboy, no offense TPark but you do sound like a bratty little kid, I woulda whooped your ass and sent you to your room for the rest of the night for pouting.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2005, 03:58 PM
FYI, this is the "easy" part of the Father/Son transition...hopefully you will have the opportunity to see your parents live to a ripe old age...The transition of power with the son taking over the "man of the family" role with an aging father is MUCH tougher to get through...
I'd have to disagree with this part. The first transition was rough, but finally my Dad accepted me as an adult and I accepted that he wasn't ever going to change. There was about a ten-year period where things went like that. Then, over the last five years, his health has started to wane slightly, and basically when I'm back at home he's been content to turn things over to me (including small things like driving and big things like financial decision).

Course, part of it may be due to the fact that I live 1500 miles away and only get home 2-3 times a year.

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I'd have to disagree with this part. The first transition was rough, but finally my Dad accepted me as an adult and I accepted that he wasn't ever going to change. There was about a ten-year period where things went like that. Then, over the last five years, his health has started to wane slightly, and basically when I'm back at home he's been content to turn things over to me (including small things like driving and big things like financial decision).

Course, part of it may be due to the fact that I live 1500 miles away and only get home 2-3 times a year.

Mine isn't giving up anything easily...I'm afraid he is gonna have to screw up and crash his suburban before he even considers giving it up...

tlongII
12-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Mine isn't giving up anything easily...I'm afraid he is gonna have to screw up and crash his suburban before he even considers giving it up...

Mine is very much like yours Cowboy....and he hasn't given up anything yet.

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Mine is very much like yours Cowboy....and he hasn't given up anything yet.

Mines only given up the "work" stuff like working cattle, etc....at least as long as I will do it for him...:lol

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 08:31 PM
long story short.

Totally by accident.

We both cried.

Life sucks right now...

Smeagol and others

I hope you are under 20, or that story is pretty lame. Sorry it went that way for you, but fuck it. If people are going to get upset over stupid shit, tell em sorry, and if they are still mad, say fuck it.

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
your parents don't hate you man. but there are obviously communication issues.

if you talk with love in your heart, forgiveness in your heart...you'll be able to handle anything that is thrown your way...i know it's hard with family....they are the ones that are supposed to have your back, no matter what....but we are all human...even our parents....we all make mistakes....mine did...but i cannot blame them....i'm too old now.

anything that happens in my life is of my doing. it's all about perspective brother. just close your eyes and remember all the blessings you have in your life. Our TRUE Father is God. And he won't let us down....not ever. :tu
Yeah, he doesn't let anyone down. I'm sure the christian god could give a fuck about TPark and his dad pouting about a broken stool.

j-6
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
TPark, aren't you in business with your Dad? Maybe there was something else that triggered all this crap with him that you two need to sit down and air out.

Don't sweat anyone giving you shit over Daddy issues. You'll have them as long as he's your employer. Maybe he's proud of the way you performed a task but it takes too much pride to say that you did something better than him. Or maybe you screwed something up but he doesn't want to belittle you. Shit, I dunno. I'd butt heads with my old man plenty if we worked together. It sounds almost inevitable that some things are going to seep into no-work family time away from what you two do at your job.

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, he doesn't let anyone down. I'm sure the christian god could give a fuck about TPark and his dad pouting about a broken stool.

cecil, you are a fool. pipe down.

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 10:56 PM
cecil, you are a fool. pipe down.
Spoken like an asshole. I think Manny gave you a big pipe down, but you aren't going to are you? Remember, "this is America."

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Spoken like an asshole. I think Manny gave you a big pipe down, but you aren't going to are you? Remember, "this is America."

shhh....hush lil baby, don't say a word...goto sleep now...it's almost 10pm...way past your bedtime.

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Cute, almost as cute as your schizophrenia.

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 10:59 PM
oooooohhh...good one. dayum...you really OWNED ME there...:lol

RACK CECIL!!!

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Jesus loves sarcasm. C'mon, please tell me about how Jesus would love everyone if they were only more sarcastic. Or go down a list of people you love, yet can't button your lip long enough to keep from flinging insults at them.

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Jesus loves sarcasm. C'mon, please tell me about how Jesus would love everyone if they were only more sarcastic. Or go down a list of people you love, yet can't button your lip long enough to keep from flinging insults at them.

what do YOU know about Jesus. nothing. pipe down. :lol

pache100
12-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Shoog speaks the truth. Acceptance with the parental units is a big step to living a happy life.

True. When I was about 28, I had this terrible fight with my father. We didn't speak for about 3 months. I would go to my parents' house to see my Mom when he was at work or gone somewhere. If I went to the house and his truck was there, I'd just drive on past. If I passed him on the street, I'd drive on and we would not even acknowledge each other. Finally, I realized I had a decision to make. My father was too old (or whatever) to change; if I wanted to have a relationship with my father in particular and my family in general, *I* had to change. I had to decide if I wanted my father in my life or not, and if I did, I had to accept him exactly the way he was. Eventually, I decided I wanted to be part of the family and that I loved my father enough to accept him the way he was. We went on to become better friends than we had ever been. When I moved to McQueeney, I bought a lot that no one had ever lived on. He and I set up that place, and he taught me all kinds of things (that most women never learn - like laying water lines, hooking up septic tanks, digging trenches for electrical conduit, fencing, etc.). And we finally got to know each other.

My Dad passed away in August of 2003. Enjoy your father while you can, TPark. Don't do or say things you will regret if you never get the chance to work them out with him. And never forget that that window of opportunity could close at any moment. And, if you do have a disagreement, apologize even if you believe you are in the right. Anything else is just not worth it.