PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Music

SequSpur
12-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey, I want to buy some karaoke music, I have some but today we kinda noticed that our selection blows......

I saw on the net that you can buy packages of 300-400 songs for less than a hundred bucks or so......

Is there any place in town to pick something like that up?

I already took advantage of the Best Buy discount and bought most of their selection.

CrazyOne
12-26-2005, 08:52 AM
If you want to spend some bucks, you can get something like the Magic Sing karaoke mike... it comes with about 800 songs, and you can add chips with 300-400 songs in different categories.

http://www.acekaraoke.com/magmic.html

One friend has a DVD that works with a DVD player with karaoke function that has over a 1000 songs on it (but some of the selections are real junk).

TDMVPDPOY
12-26-2005, 09:48 AM
hey dont get it man, they are like the same video clips and i think they are played though midi files, not sure if its digital surround

Samr
12-26-2005, 10:37 AM
I do not understand the attraction to karaoke.

Unless of course you mean watching, and ritualistically mocking, those attempt to bring Frank Sanatra back from the dead WHILE they karaoke.

My point is, sorry Segu, I have nothing to add to this thread.

ChumpDumper
12-26-2005, 02:24 PM
totalkaraoke.com has just about anything you'd want. Of the available labels, Sound Choice usually has the best versions of songs out there, with Sunfly running second -- of course those are the most expensive brands as well. Monster Hits and Priddis put out some good versions as well. You can get some decent older stuff from Sweet Georgia Brown or Backstage and newer stuff from North Star for $5 and $10 per disc, respectively.

ChumpDumper
12-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Almost forgot -- One if the coolest things to come out in the past few years was the Original Artist series from Motown. Those karaoke discs use the actual instumental tracks from Motown hits for you to sing along with. So if you're into that kind of thing....