PDA

View Full Version : Oh My, tell me they didn't do that!

xrayzebra
12-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Longoria denies racial slurs in cop confrontation

Web Posted: 12/26/2005 12:00 AM CST
Sheila Hotchkin
Express-News Staff Writer

San Antonio's own celebrity couple, Spurs guard Tony Parker and "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria, ran afoul of the law early Christmas Eve, when a police officer said they hurled insults and profanities after he told them to move their car.

(Eric Gay/Associated Press)

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker actress Eva Longoria stand on the sidelines as the New Orleans Saints host the Buffalo Bills in the Saints' first game at the Alamodomein October.

PLAY-BY-PLAY
THE ANGRY WORDS: According to police, Eva Longoria said: 'He's just a Mexican bike cop. He only wants your autograph.'

THE REBUTTAL: Through her publicist, Longoria said: 'It's a shame that one officer conducted himself in such an inappropriate and disorderly manner. I never made any sort of racial slurs, let alone made any comments about the officer being Mexican, as a Mexican myself.'

TALK BACK: What do you think about this latest installment of the Tony and Eva saga?

The officer issued citations to Parker for impeding traffic and failing to produce a valid Texas driver's license.

Longoria, whom the police report quoted as telling the officer, "Well, (expletive) you then," was not cited.

According to the report, she also told the officer he had an ego problem. The officer said he told Longoria he had no intention of getting into a shouting match with her.

Through her publicist, Longoria called the police report "highly inaccurate" and said she and Parker "respect and love the community and the San Antonio Police Department."

The incident occurred early Saturday, about 12:45 a.m., hours after the Spurs defeated the Toronto Raptors 95-90 at the SBC Center.

According to the police report, Parker was behind the wheel of a car stopped in the 200 block of East Houston Street, where it was impeding traffic.

A bicycle officer used a flashlight to indicate that Parker needed to move along. When the car didn't move, the officer approached and rapped the hood with the palm of his hand.

Parker and Longoria "began screaming in a verbally abusive and demeaning manner," police said, and Parker questioned why the officer touched the car.

Then the officer asked Parker for his driver's license. At that point, according to the police report, Parker instead began to drive away and nearly hit a man standing several feet in front of his car.

Police ordered Parker to turn off the ignition and step out of the car. The officer who wrote up the citations said Longoria then shouted out the passenger window: "He's just a Mexican bike cop. He only wants your autograph."

The officer also said that, while he was writing the citations, Parker complained: "This is all the cops do, just mess with people."

During the traffic stop, Parker displayed what he identified as a French driver's license. The officer issued the second citation after a records check showed Parker has a current Texas driver's license, which he did not present.

Police didn't take action against Longoria despite the comments they say she made. Police spokesman Joe Rios said officers are accustomed to hearing all kinds of remarks in the course of their jobs, and they typically would not cite someone for disorderly conduct unless a bystander was offended by what was said or done.

Officers "didn't want to prolong the situation," Rios said. "Had other people heard and been offended by what she said, they would have taken action."

Longoria's publicist Liza Anderson said, "I believe the couple will be pressing charges in conjunction with this incident. They are intent on setting the record straight. Both Tony and Eva are law-abiding and respectful citizens of the community."

Through her publicist, Longoria said, "It's a shame that one officer conducted himself in such an inappropriate and disorderly manner. I never made any sort of racial slurs, let alone made any comments about the officer being Mexican, as a Mexican myself."

After the Christmas Day loss in Detroit, a Spurs team spokesman declined to comment on the incident involving Parker and Longoria.

Longoria, a Corpus Christi native who has made San Antonio a second home, rose to stardom with her role as the scheming Gabrielle Solis in ABC's hit show "Desperate Housewives."

In the past year, she received a Golden Globe nomination and was named one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People."

Longoria and Parker, the Spurs starting point guard, began dating about a year ago.

The actress was a courtside fixture during the Spurs championship run and was present for Sunday's game in Detroit.

================================================== =======

Wonder why Tony doesn't want to carry his Texas license, he leaving
soon?

ClintSquint
12-26-2005, 09:30 AM
http://img142.echo.cx/img142/5637/wtfplzbauer8rm.gif
"What the....

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 09:31 AM
It's in the Spurs forum. I don't really know what to make of the whole incident. I don't know why Tony/Eva would be considering filing charges back unless part of what the police are saying isn't true.

easjer
12-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Calling someone Mexican is not a racial slur. It's a statement of ethnicity. While tone used may be derogatory, it's unlikely, given that Eva is Mexican and proudly proclaims that.

Could they have been a little uppity or rude? Perhaps. But eh. Not a news story.

JudgeBean2000
12-26-2005, 10:48 AM
http://www.livejournal.com/community/ohnotheydidnt/4861823.html?thread=473774719#t473774719

hussker
12-26-2005, 11:36 AM
The officer also said that, while he was writing the citations, Parker complained: "This is all the cops do, just mess with people."

------------

he catches on quickly

Instant Street Cred for the Fantastic Frog!

TheWriter
12-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Calling someone Mexican is not a racial slur. It's a statement of ethnicity. While tone used may be derogatory, it's unlikely, given that Eva is Mexican and proudly proclaims that.

Why even bring up the fact he's Mexican? And how would she know he's Mexican?

MannyIsGod
12-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Cops never lie, right?

TheWriter
12-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Cops never lie, right?

True, but the valet guy across the street pretty much confirmed what went down...

E20
12-26-2005, 04:47 PM
If this is true Parker needs to be slapped by Pop.

Mr Dio
12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Cops never lie, right?

No, they don't!
I watch the Shield & they are as pure as the driven snow.

Mr Dio
12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
:lol

Triumph
12-27-2005, 05:15 AM
fucking french people...don't know how to drive....

TheWriter
12-27-2005, 05:23 AM
fucking french people...don't know how to drive....

I thought that was asians and women.

Triumph
12-27-2005, 05:25 AM
so now yOUR racist against asians and sexist against women....i see. :tu

TheWriter
12-27-2005, 05:32 AM
so now yOUR racist against asians and sexist against women....i see. :tu

I see you don't pick up sarcasm very well. Maybe should thrown in a :rolleyes or :depressed to bring it up to point for ya Sam I Am.

Triumph
12-27-2005, 05:35 AM
yah...do that next time...i'm dense. :tu

Taco
12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
If this is true Parker needs to be slapped by Pop.

:lol Yeah "Wack his Pee Pee"