PDA

View Full Version : Can We Please Quit The Excuses?

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
i know it sux losing but thats be honest rick hamilton from the pistons wasn't even gonna play he was hurt and a time game decission to play and lindsey hunter is out if were gonna use the injury card then why cant they?thats just face it we lossed they were hot and we are struggeling theirs nothing wrong with that it happens to every team but to make excuses makes us look desperate.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
i know it sux losing but thats be honest rick hamilton from the pistons wasn't even gonna play he was hurt and a time game decission to play and lindsey hunter is out if were gonna use the injury card then why cant they?thats just face it we lossed they were hot and we are struggeling theirs nothing wrong with that it happens to every team but to make excuses makes us look desperate.

I didn't know the Pistons had a player named Rick.

SpursWoman
12-26-2005, 12:25 PM
eh?

JamesR
12-26-2005, 12:27 PM

Well point being that they HAD Rip playing--no Manu for the Spurs.

And every team in the NBA wishes they could struggle and be 20-7.

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM
I didn't know the Pistons had a player named Rick.
rick hamilton.isn't that his name?lol

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 12:28 PM

Umm... read a little bit before posting.

MOST Spurs fans are bashing the Spurs for playing so horribly and saying that they lost because they got outrebounded, outhustled and outworked.

Pointing out that it sucks they had to play on the road at Christmas isn't making an excuse. Pointing out that Manu/Tim are injured isn't an excuse. It's just stating facts.

You just got here, but you are already telling people how to act and what to do.

Think/Read before posting.

And his name is Richard, Rip or maybe Rich .. but I don't think anyone calls him Rick.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
rick hamilton.

:lol

Nevermind.

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 12:30 PM

Nevermind.

:lmao

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:30 PM

Nevermind.
goof ball lol

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Umm... read a little bit before posting.

MOST Spurs fans are bashing the Spurs for playing so horribly and saying that they lost because they got outrebounded, outhustled and outworked.

Pointing out that it sucks they had to play on the road at Christmas isn't making an excuse. Pointing out that Manu/Tim are injured isn't an excuse. It's just stating facts.

You just got here, but you are already telling people how to act and what to do.

Think/Read before posting.

And his name is Richard, Rip or maybe Rich .. but I don't think anyone calls him Rick.
you need to read some post,in the game thread every other person are like pistons beat us but if we had manu we woulda won which is not a provin fact because i recall we also lost to the hawks so its more then that and we need to face it and improve we cant keep gettin beat by weak teams.please dont tell me what i need to do i'm going by what i read on here.yeah richard hamilton sorry.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
you need to read some post,in the game thread every other person are like pistons beat us but if we had manu we woulda won which is not a provin fact because i recall we also lost to the hawks so its more then that and we need to face it and improve we cant keep gettin beat by weak teams.please dont tell me what i need to do i'm going by what i read on here.

Its amazing to me that some people are taking the absence of Manu so lightly.

Are there problems with the Spurs right now? Yes, in rebounding especially. But with Manu playing, it would have been a MUCH closer game, if not a win.

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Its amazing to me that some people are taking the absence of Manu so lightly.

Are there problems with the Spurs right now? Yes, in rebounding especially. But with Manu playing, it would have been a MUCH closer game, if not a win.
but in saying that you have to also consider what if richard hamilton was heathy and lindsey hunter wasn't hurt the coin flips both ways.i hope spurs dont think the same way as us fans because they need to improve becase we lost to the hawks almost lost to the raptors thats just no excuse for that.

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 12:41 PM
rick hamilton from the pistons wasn't even gonna play he was hurt and a time game decission to play

Who told you that?

He was never a game time decision. He wasn't even listed on their injury report at all. He wasn't even "probable".

Was it after the game that they decided he was a game time decision?

I know he's banged up but so is every player in the league.

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Who told you that?

He was never a game time decision. He wasn't even listed on their injury report at all. He wasn't even "probable".

yes he was he hurt his hand against the clippers and he rehurt it against the warriors

Kori Ellis
12-26-2005, 12:46 PM
yes he was he hurt his hand against the clippers and he rehurt it against the warriors

Like I said, I know he's banged up.

But he was never a gametime decision.

Pistons < Spurs
12-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Who told you that?

Exactly. Even localy here in Michigan, I never heard one little question about Rip's health and ability to play on X-Mas.

The game before (vs Golden State) he was indeed considered somewhat questionable due to a bad back.....yet he still played....and played well. (28 points on 12-19 shooting)

Shelia19:

I don't know where you think you're getting your Info from, but there is no truth in your statements about RIP not playing on Christmas.

MannyIsGod
12-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Punctuation. Its a beautiful thing.

Shelia19
12-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Exactly. Even localy here in Michigan, I never heard one little question about Rip's health and ability to play on X-Mas.

The game before (vs Golden State) he was indeed considered somewhat questionable due to a bad back.....yet he still played....and played well. (28 points on 12-19 shooting)

Shelia19:

I don't know where you think you're getting your Info from, but there is no truth in your statements about RIP not playing on Christmas.
it was on 1200 WOAI here in san antonio.

TheWriter
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
She or he posted 10 times too many.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 01:10 PM
it was on 1200 WOAI here in san antonio.

Links are also a wonderful thing. I haven't even heard any Piston fans tell me this.

hendrix
12-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Punctuation. Its a beautiful thing.

I guess it's ducks or ducks's sister.

FreshPrince22
12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Links are also a wonderful thing. I haven't even heard any Piston fans tell me this.Rip was indeed "questionable" against Golden State because he landed hard on his back against the Blazers, but everyone knew he was going to play against the Spurs. I don't care how hurt he was.

Me? I would have preferred he sit, because he made some attrocious decisions. He was the only thing that stopped that from being a 20+ point blowout. Forcing shots, dribbling off his foot, etc. Awful.
:pctoss
________
Volcano Solid Valve Or Easy Valve (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Punctuation. Its a beautiful thing. :tu

T Park
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
She or he posted 10 times too many.

and youve posted 4.346 times too many, but you havent heard anyone say that.

Well maybe SOME have, but not EVERYONE.

you need to read some post,in the game thread every other person are like pistons beat us but if we had manu we woulda won which is not a provin fact because i recall we also lost to the hawks so its more then that and we need to face it and improve we cant keep gettin beat by weak teams.please dont tell me what i need to do i'm going by what i read on here.yeah richard hamilton sorry

gino didnt play vs the Hawks either.

So Ginobili not playing is NOT an excuse for losing??

Ginobili's importance to this team would be like Billups being out for the Pistons.

2centsworth
12-26-2005, 03:15 PM
All the love and respect in the world for the Pistons. They bitch slapped the spurs yesterday.

BruceB12
12-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Spurs lost yesterday because Parker, Nazr, and Bruce were the only ones that showed up to play. Duncan did fairly well but you can pretty much expect that kind of game from him every night.

T Park
12-26-2005, 03:46 PM
18 and 10?

You can expect that from a guy averaging 20 and 12?

BruceB12
12-26-2005, 04:44 PM
An injured guy who averages 20 and 12.
Yea, I think 18 and 10 is reasonable.
Especially when most of the game you've got Sheed got your heels.
I'm not one to make excuses for the Spurs, but you've got to admit he played decently. Did anyone see the curl shot he made? :lol

E20
12-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Duncan has a bad foot, he needs to be on the IR.

slayermin
12-26-2005, 04:52 PM
It was the home uniforms. The Spurs got confused because they were wearing white but people were booing them.

E20
12-26-2005, 04:55 PM
It was the home uniforms. The Spurs got confused because they were wearing white but people were booing them.
At first, I was like why are they wearing black shoes?

Then, I noticed they were playing at Pistons with white jerseys and I was like WTF!?

Black doesn't look like red. So, why not black and red together?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Look, we're all forgetting what's really important here.

Eva Longoria is going to cost us the championship! :lol

spurschick
12-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Look, we're all forgetting what's really important here.

Eva Longoria is going to cost us the championship! :lol

It looked like there were some Spurs fans at the game, but of course ABC wouldn't show them. Props to Eva for smiling when they booed her and flashing the bling.

birdy219
12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
It looked like there were some Spurs fans at the game, but of course ABC wouldn't show them. Props to Eva for smiling when they booed her and flashing the bling.

Yes, I'm glad that she flashed the bling. But she better not turn her back or I'll take her man. Skinny HEIFER!!!!!!!! :princess

SequSpur
12-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Manu should've played, it was an important game on Christmas.

JamesR
12-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Manu should've played, it was an important game on Christmas.

If he's not 100% I see no reason to trot him out for a game in December.

ZStomp
12-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Can we please keep the kids away from the computer??? :lmao

Solid D
12-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Stay in school, Shelia.

BruceB12
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Stay in school, Shelia.

I completely agree

Leetonidas
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I didn't understand. The Pistons didn't play that well themselves and their defense wasn't overly spectacular, but they did one thing very well, and that was out rebound us. They out rebounded us by like 25 or something, and if it was 10 less the Spurs may have won or lost by 3 or 4. It was terrible watching the Pistons get so many offensive boards, and that is why we lost. The Spurs couldn't hit open shots either, and Michael Finley played badly.

But give credit to Dice, Chauncy, and Sheed. They saved the Pistons when they were only up by 4.

Solid D
12-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Who's making excuses (*cough Billups travelled on that 3 cough*)?

What?

5ToolMan
12-27-2005, 12:32 AM
18 and 10?

You can expect that from a guy averaging 20 and 12?

Since it is an average, expect numbers slightly lower or slightly higher as perfectly normal.

Two points and two rebounds are not what you want against the Pistons or any other contender in the playoffs. But it is December, so chill.

JamStone
12-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Who's making excuses (*cough Billups travelled on that 3 cough*)?

What?

:lol :lol :lol

Definitely a travel on Billups. Pistons got away with one there ... Nice to see a lucky break sometimes.

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 12:58 AM

Definitely a travel on Billups. Pistons got away with one there ... Nice to see a lucky break sometimes.

when are spurs gonna get a lucky break or any other team? refs go with the hype of the game.

valluco
12-27-2005, 02:15 AM
No excuses. The Spurs had their asses handed to them on Christmas. Plain and simple.

Triumph
12-27-2005, 05:21 AM
At least i KNOW i'm right with regard to rasho...the guys a stiff that won't see minutes in the playoffs...Pop didn't want him embarrassed on national tv to mess up Rash's trade value...

16 minutes...pffft....thanks for the truth pop...

rash is a sitting duck...he'll be traded at the 1st opportunity....

if you disagree? take a stand NOW. :tu

bdubya
12-27-2005, 10:14 AM

Payback for Dice being called for blocking on Parker's charge. Classic case of two wrongs making....two wrongs.

Whatever. It's December, and both teams still have a lot to work on before they're playing at their best. Jan. 12 might be more significant, maybe, but maybe not.

Oh, Gee!!
12-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Billups Owns Parker!!!!

jochhejaam
12-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Payback for Dice being called for blocking on Parker's charge. Classic case of two wrongs making....two wrongs.

Whatever. It's December, and both teams still have a lot to work on before they're playing at their best. Jan. 12 might be more significant, maybe, but maybe not.

If we win it's more significant, if we lose it's only January. :lol

JamesR
12-27-2005, 11:10 AM
At least i KNOW i'm right with regard to rasho...the guys a stiff that won't see minutes in the playoffs...Pop didn't want him embarrassed on national tv to mess up Rash's trade value...

16 minutes...pffft....thanks for the truth pop...

rash is a sitting duck...he'll be traded at the 1st opportunity....

if you disagree? take a stand NOW. :tu

So thats why he's been starting the entire season and Nazr has 2 DNP-CDs?

Sounds logical to me..... :lol

td4mvp21
12-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Duncan has a bad foot, he needs to be on the IR.

People on this board would go insane, i.e Boutons considering how many losses we would be racking up.