PDA

View Full Version : how weird

Cant_Be_Faded
12-26-2005, 01:38 PM
ESPN aired that USC "greatest team of all time vs other great teams" bull shit only ~1 month before the National Championship.

Why would they do this? Why not wait one more month?

Is it a coincidence that ESPN has said zilch about Texas and everything and more about USC, a company that is owned by ABC, who has the contract to air the Rose Bowl?
Add that to the fact that USC is practically playing at home

Its just weird

mookie2001
12-26-2005, 02:30 PM
yeah strange
I have recently expressed this exact sentiment

Cant_Be_Faded
12-26-2005, 03:23 PM
this was mookies thread, i just started it while he was m.i.a.

mookie2001
12-26-2005, 04:41 PM
theyve waited all this time why not wait a few more weeks?
wouldnt thier bosses/necons of ESPN see that it could make them look very bad, EITHER way it turns out
abc has a fatass conract with the bcs and espn has an entire year of lebronhype and highest rated draft ever to gain

Horry For 3!
12-27-2005, 04:02 PM
It will be even sweeter for Texas to beat USC Jan 4. Because all those people and fans voting 05 USC is better than all of these other National Championship teams.

Willinsa
12-27-2005, 07:09 PM
USC sucks ass, same thing about ND I hope both teams get their asses handed to them.

cecil collins
12-28-2005, 06:00 PM
ESPN aired that USC "greatest team of all time vs other great teams" bull shit only ~1 month before the National Championship.

Why would they do this? Why not wait one more month?

Is it a coincidence that ESPN has said zilch about Texas and everything and more about USC, a company that is owned by ABC, who has the contract to air the Rose Bowl?
Add that to the fact that USC is practically playing at home

Its just weird
Don't they(ESPN and ABC) have the contract to air almost every bowl game, except the cotton bowl. I'm not saying that there isn't a USC lovefest, but I wouldn't say there is some big conspiracy, USC is just en vogue.

Brutalis
12-28-2005, 07:45 PM
either its already known that USC blows Texas away like some div-2 scrub team. or ... no... the first will happen. espn is right.

;)

chode_regulator
12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
USC sucks ass, same thing about ND I hope both teams get their asses handed to them.
word

chode_regulator
12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
either its already known that USC blows Texas away like some div-2 scrub team. or ... no... the first will happen. espn is right.

;)
:rolleyes

mookie2001
12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I never said anything was a conspiracy
I just said its weird and I thought the big wigs at ESPN would be smart enough to see that all this bullshit makes them look like fools either way

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Why would they make such news stories if theres a chance UT will win and make them look like total idiots?

cecil collins
12-29-2005, 03:46 PM
I never said anything was a conspiracy
I just said its weird and I thought the big wigs at ESPN would be smart enough to see that all this bullshit makes them look like fools either way
I know what you are saying, they started this shit a couple weeks before the big 12 championship. Bush dices up Fresno, and they are the best team ever. I don't like how all the stories are like: how will Texas beat USC?

Extra Stout
12-29-2005, 03:48 PM
There are 17 million people around L.A.

There are like 1 million around Austin.

Their method allows them to kiss 17 times as many asses without any extra effort.

cecil collins
12-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Doesn't hurt that USC is like the beatles.

Extra Stout
12-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Doesn't hurt that USC is like the beatles.
Then teasips should get working forthwith on finding Leinart some Communist Asian chick whose face looks like the anus of an ox.