PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Coach Pop - e-mailed to me

missmyzte
12-27-2005, 01:24 AM
As many of you know, I run fan sites for Robert Horry, Tony Parker and Brian Cook. Because of this, I get a number of "interesting" e-mails from people who seem to think their e-mails are going to someone other than me.

For example, here's one I got today:

Dear Mr. Popovich:

I really question your objectivity when it comes to chastising your players, and also assessing which player you should be building your team around. You have to be either prejudice or blind not to see that Manu is your best player, and you should be building your team around him and not Duncan. Furthermore, I have never seen you chastise that little jock Parker; he hardly ever passes the ball and especially to Manu. He is obviously jealous of Manu's charisma and great ability. If you intend to have a championship team again, then get on the ball and use Manu as the hub around which your team should revolve. Without Manu your team stinks! Just look at what happened on Christmas day against the Pistons. If you need some advice, I'll provide it free of charge.

Just had to share because I was laughing so hard.

loveforthegame
12-27-2005, 01:35 AM
If you need some advice, I'll provide it free of charge.

Pop should really think about bringing this guy onto the coaching staff.

Solid D
12-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Just a guess. The emailer is from south of the equator.

ZStomp
12-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Sigh

ShoogarBear
12-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Doesn't sound very different from a lot of the typical CoM posts here . . .

Vashner
12-27-2005, 02:02 AM
From office of Pop:

Dear Sir.. I have 3 rings.. you have none... please stfu and let the troops win the war.

Thx pop.

xcoriate
12-27-2005, 02:56 AM
:lmao

Ok so now we have the difficult task of assesing which Argentinian wrote up to this one..

:lol

DesiSpur_21
12-27-2005, 03:42 AM
No surprises.

But yeah, he has some valid points (about Tony - Pop doesn't bark at him as he used to) - call it a conspiracy theory.

Go Manu!!!

ZStomp
12-27-2005, 04:09 AM
No surprises.

But yeah, he has some valid points (about Tony - Pop doesn't bark at him as he used to) - call it a conspiracy theory.

Go Manu!!!

Holy crap!! The guy made valid points..plural??

Maybe he doesn't yell at Tony as much because Tony doesn't fuck up as much? Maybe because he's improved?????

DesiSpur_21
12-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Holy crap!! The guy made valid points..plural??

whatever.

ZStomp
12-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Whateva!

Slomo
12-27-2005, 05:21 AM

As always: Thanks for brightning my day missmyzte!

missmyzte
12-27-2005, 05:32 AM

As always: Thanks for brightning my day missmyzte!
I thought there might be some others that would get as much of a kick out of that e-mail as I did. I bet Kori has gotten quite a collection of funny e-mails as well, the craziest ones are where some love-sick 12-year-old thinks they are writing to Tony, yikes!

Kori Ellis
12-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Very funny.

Last season I used to get these emails from one gentleman in Argentina every week. They were addressed to Pop but CC'd to me, Johnny Ludden and Buck Harvey. He was always saying to Pop, "Look here, Boy" and if Manu had a good game he'd say "Now you are learning, Boy". :lmao When the Spurs would win, he'd congratulate Pop for "using my advice" and if they'd lose he'd call him "too stubborn to not use my advice". When they won the Championship, the writer of the emails took all the credit. I wonder if he got a ring. :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Its interesting to see how everyone immediately assumes this guy is Argentinian. He could just be an American with crazy man love for Manu http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif God knows you guys have plenty of them too.

ALVAREZ6
12-27-2005, 09:37 AM

How do people think they could actually e-mail coach Pop????

spurschick
12-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Its interesting to see how everyone immediately assumes this guy is Argentinian. He could just be an American with crazy man love for Manu http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif God knows you guys have plenty of them too.

And I also enjoyed ShoogarBear getting in some chastisement of the church. :rolleyes

T Park
12-27-2005, 10:27 AM
truth hurts sometimes doesnt it Manufreaks.

hendrix
12-27-2005, 10:32 AM
You should know. It seems to me that you dont have many happy days lately. Problems with mom and daddy?

spurschick
12-27-2005, 10:35 AM
truth hurts sometimes doesnt it Manufreaks.

Truth? That email doesn't reflect the majority opinion. Manu is an integral part of the team, but it's Timmy's team. I think the only truth here is that you hate Argentineans and Manu fans.

KEDA
12-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I knew I sent those emails to Ludden and Harvey along with Pop, but I never meant for Kori to get ahold of them.

damn, boy!

2centsworth
12-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Very funny.

Last season I used to get these emails from one gentleman in Argentina every week. They were addressed to Pop but CC'd to me, Johnny Ludden and Buck Harvey. He was always saying to Pop, "Look here, Boy" and if Manu had a good game he'd say "Now you are learning, Boy". :lmao When the Spurs would win, he'd congratulate Pop for "using my advice" and if they'd lose he'd call him "too stubborn to not use my advice". When they won the Championship, the writer of the emails took all the credit. I wonder if he got a ring. :spin
You sure that wasn't Timvp.

:lol :lol

j/k

T Park
12-27-2005, 10:47 AM
think the only truth here is that you hate Argentineans and Manu fans.

I dont hate manu fans.

I dont hate argentinians.

Theres quite a few on here that are jerks such as Manumania and hendrix.

Your cool with me spurschick.

Phenomanul
12-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I fell off my chair when I read this....

Pop
Duncan
Manu
Parker
Bowen
Horry

Everybody else....

^^^ Spurs pecking order for leadership...

edit: (and role importance)

ShoogarBear
12-27-2005, 12:31 PM
And I also enjoyed ShoogarBear getting in some chastisement of the church. :rolleyes
Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I mean, we've nevereverver seen a post like that e-mail before, since the dawn of mankind. And we probably nevereverever will again, until the end of the universe.

FromWayDowntown
12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I fell off my chair when I read this....

Pop
Duncan
Manu
Parker
Bowen
Horry

Everybody else....

^^^ Spurs pecking order for leadership...

edit: (and role importance)

Actually, I think Duncan is at the top of that list. If Timmy ever demanded that Pop go, I suspect Pop would be gone. Timmy wouldn't do that, luckily, but I don't think there's any doubt that Tim could run the show if he wished to.

spurs=bling
12-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Dear Mr. Popovich:

I really question your objectivity when it comes to chastising your players, and also assessing which player you should be building your team around. You have to be either prejudice or blind not to see that Manu is your best player, and you should be building your team around him and not Duncan. Furthermore, I have never seen you chastise that little jock Parker; he hardly ever passes the ball and especially to Manu. He is obviously jealous of Manu's charisma and great ability. If you intend to have a championship team again, then get on the ball and use Manu as the hub around which your team should revolve. Without Manu your team stinks! Just look at what happened on Christmas day against the Pistons. If you need some advice, I'll provide it free of charge.

:lol :lol
thanks now there is water all over my computer

alamo50
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
There's some weird individuals on these planets.........

spurschick
12-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I mean, we've nevereverver seen a post like that e-mail before, since the dawn of mankind. And we probably nevereverever will again, until the end of the universe.

I'm not denying there are wackjobs out there that write emails like this, but you called it a typical CoM post and you are off the mark there.

Philo Beddoe
12-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I like Manu. A lot. And I'll throw fists with him if you kids put enough money in the pot.

SenorSpur
12-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Very funny.

Sorta makes you believe that "Free Speech" should be costly to some.

:elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Truth? That email doesn't reflect the majority opinion. Manu is an integral part of the team, but it's Timmy's team. I think the only truth here is that you hate Argentineans and Manu fans.Amen http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I dont hate manu fans.

I dont hate argentinians.

Theres quite a few on here that are jerks such as Manumania and hendrix.

Your cool with me spurschick.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif We are the jerks?? hahaha Thats rich! hipocrite!

T Park
12-27-2005, 03:52 PM
fuck off.

Put me on ignore.

Do not respond to me again.

Yes someone who responds

"Are you talking to me you fat fuck?

Yes that constitutes jerk.

Respond to me like that again, and Well involve someone else.

THAT SIMPLE.

Kori Ellis
12-27-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not denying there are wackjobs out there that write emails like this, but you called it a typical CoM post and you are off the mark there.

I think the discrepancy is in what you think a "Church of Manu" post is and what Shoogar Bear thinks it is.

Church of Manu is not a term to encompass all Argentineans or Manu fans. It's a term Shoogar Bear coined referencing the crazed, wack posters who think Manu does no wrong. A bunch of people jumped on board saying they belonged to the CoM thinking it was a good thing -- it's not. So when Shoogar compares this email to a CoM post, he's actually right on the money. You just think that CoM is something different than it is.

spurschick
12-27-2005, 04:04 PM
You just think that CoM is something different than it is.

Then we will agree to disagree.

SpursWoman
12-27-2005, 05:32 PM
When ShoogarBear came up "Church of Manu" ....it wasn't Church of Manu = Manu Fan Club by a long shot. It was Church of Manu = Myopic Manu Homers Who Would Eat His Feces If He Told Them To.

Maybe a few others misinterpreted it and went off in the wrong direction, but what he meant was pretty clear. Because he explained it. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
12-27-2005, 05:40 PM
fuck off.

Put me on ignore.

Do not respond to me again.

Yes someone who responds

"Are you talking to me you fat fuck?

Yes that constitutes jerk.

Respond to me like that again, and Well involve someone else.

THAT SIMPLE. HAHAHA was that a threat you little shit?? I insulted you because you insulted me, you don't like it, sue me, jackass! Next time when you feel like making stupid comments, perhaps you'll think again, and avoid this whole mess.

THAT SIMPLE! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

spurschick
12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
When ShoogarBear came up "Church of Manu" ....it wasn't Church of Manu = Manu Fan Club by a long shot. It was Church of Manu = Myopic Manu Homers Who Would Eat His Feces If He Told Them To.

Maybe a few others misinterpreted it and went off in the wrong direction, but what he meant was pretty clear. Because he explained it. :)

I don't think I was around at that point, so I didn't realize that it had been defined as such. I am a Manu fan, but I obviously don't take it as seriously enough to be myopic and I subscribe to my version of the Church in fun. I guess you could call it the New Age Church as opposed to Manu Fundamentalist. :spin

SpursWoman
12-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Manu Fundamentalist. :spin

Perfect! :lmao