PDA

View Full Version : Best Spur

Cant_Be_Faded
12-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Who do you think has played the best so far this season, given what they are capable of and what they have done.

No crap, Duncan is the best Spur. But, for lack of better language, who do you think has been playing to the best of their abilities?

Also, feel free to throw in who you think has been playing the worst. (if you think Brent Barry is playing bad but is not capable of much more, then this is not what i'm looking for..)

Cant_Be_Faded
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I would say Bruce Bowen, simply because his athleticism, dedication, and consistency this season has (yet again) amazed me.

I did not even realize how accurate the guy has been with his shooting until i checked the espn blog the other day.

Supergirl
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Best so far - Parker. Easily. Duncan's still a close second, but he's been injured and inconsistent.

Worst - Well, we haven't seen too much from Oberto, Marks, or Beno. Horry has made some defensive slips that he doesn't usually make, and hasn't been there offensively. But I expect that will change come May...

Cant_Be_Faded
12-27-2005, 03:32 PM
I would say parker is a close second, but only because I think he is capable of so much more than what we've seen. Just wait til that jumper starts fallin.

ObiwanGinobili
12-27-2005, 03:34 PM
my vote best:
Parker

worst:
micheal

Duncan21
12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
The best spur is Timmy, but the spur playing to the best of their abilities this season is between Bruce and Tony, i voted for Tony

1Parker1
12-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Best Spur: Tie between Tony and Bruce, but for completely different reasons. Tony because at 23, he has taken his game to new heights and still has room for improvement despite his awesome play. Bruce because at 34, he continues to take his game to new heights and now plays his usual defense and has added that three pt shot so consistently this year. Both guys amaze me for what they've done this season, simply because of their age!

Worst Spur: Nothing against the Church (:lol that was a sarcastic joke, please take no offense) but it has to be Manu. I know it's not his fault that he has gotten injured and everything, but I really would have liked to see how Manu played after a whole summer of rest. I know the season just started and hopefully he'll return in full form, but his injury bug has diminished my expectations of him this season, just a little.

(Oh, and Brent Barry is a close second. Simply because I still see him hesitate and give up that open shot or whatever after a year of playing under the Spurs system. He keeps saying he doesn't feel the same pressure he did last year, but continues to play and act like he does which I don't get!)

Kobayagi
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Rasho...considering the preseason expectations. Then Tony and Bruce. :king

Cant_Be_Faded
12-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Manu? Manu hasn't done jack this season yet...had like 2 good games iirc

ALVAREZ6
12-27-2005, 04:59 PM
Manu? Manu hasn't done jack this season yet...had like 2 good games iirc
Then why did you make him a choice?

Oh, Gee!!
12-27-2005, 05:00 PM
beno

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-27-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm voting for Bruce. And I'm the most disapointed with Nazr.

hendrix
12-27-2005, 05:11 PM
The title of thread is misleading since the question is different.
"Who has been playing to the best of their abilities this season?". Is that the question?
If Paker has been playing to the best of his abilities, Does that mean he cannot get any better? right?
Maybe I'll vote for Parker. But later on, the results should't say in the title "Who is the best spur".

sa_butta
12-27-2005, 05:14 PM
My vote goes to Tony, great job keep up the good work.

Horry For 3!
12-27-2005, 05:18 PM
I'd have to vote for Tony. He has been playing awesome.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
So far this season, Bruce followed by Tony.

Duncan has had some bad games (for his standard which is still better than 70% of the league, and he is playing injured).

Rasho has been better than expected, he just needs to find a bit more of confidence in offense.

Manu didn't play enough.

Horry, leave that guy for the playoffs.

Finley, some good offense when Manu was injured, but needs to improve his D.

Nazr has been dissapointing so far, except for a few games.

Van Exel: too inconsistent, seems he can't find his rhythm.

Barry: I expected him to have a better season, but even with Manu injured, he has been dissapointing.

The rest didn't get enough significant minutes.

Horry For 3!
12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Then why did you make him a choice?
Because he is apart of the team :lol and you picked Manu. Manu hasn't done anything, he has been hurt just about the whole season so far

Dre_7
12-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I think Parker is playing the best so far. Bowen and Duncan are a close second.

hendrix
12-27-2005, 05:51 PM
I think Parker is playing the best so far. Bowen and Duncan are a close second.

Duncan still has a lot to give, he's nowhere near the best of his abilities.
The title has nothing to do with the question of the poll.

xcoriate
12-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I went with Tony,

who the hell voted for Manu? Anyone who thinks this is "the best of his abilities" is clearly crazy.

Vashner
12-27-2005, 06:53 PM
I still vote Duncan.. because his casual plan NOW wins the trophy...not trying to go 110% and blow something out.

Dre_7
12-27-2005, 07:12 PM
A combined 10 people voted for Rasho and Manu. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
other as in beno?+marks?

Rummpd
12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I am going to go with Bowen not to diss Parker but his defense and leading or nearly leading the NBA in 3 point % is severely under-rated plus he did a damm good job on Rip.

Spurs rock
12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Tim Duncan

charmie21
12-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Timmy.. =)

SA210
12-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Bateer , the best of all time.

midgetonadonkey
12-28-2005, 01:38 AM
I say Bowen has been playing the best. Parker has been playing good ball but he is still young and will have better seasons in the future.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Manu 10 and rasho 8 seems a bit of bias from ours south americans and east europeans pundits!

even when you ask this guys to be fair, they just are mongers of the national "Grandeur", lol!

i didn't seen a game this season where Many or Rasho could stand into the 4 best players!

i Voted for Bruce, because defensive job isn't always lighting the cams!

strange that i voted for bruce and it's cast on tony!

I agree with Manu ('tho only 3 out of those 10 votes are from Argentinians), but I believe Rasho is having a solid season so far.

coopdogg3
12-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Manu has only played half the season. I am certainly expecting better production from him this season.

BabyBrother
12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
How can anyone argue against Tony Parker at this point.

But I will say the championship hopes will always rest on Timmy Duncan and Ginobili's shoulders though.

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 11:59 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/spurschamps/slideshows/spurslakersgame2/images/bowen.jpg

velik_m
12-29-2005, 04:55 AM
If Paker has been playing to the best of his abilities, Does that mean he cannot get any better? right?

He can get better if his abilities improve (shooting) :spin

Bloodline666
12-29-2005, 06:09 AM
What I'd do to Be Like Mike...FINLEY, that is!

pache100
12-29-2005, 08:49 AM
No crap, Duncan is the best Spur.

Even though I'm a proud member of the CHURCH OF TONY, I have to say...speaking from an all-around perspective...Timmy is the "best Spur" playing today.

But there will never be a Spur (from an all-around perspective) better than David Robinson. David put San Antonio, not just the Spurs, on the map, figuratively and actually.