PDA

View Full Version : Artest to Spurs???

vincerodriguez23
12-27-2005, 06:47 PM
hey i just saw on Sportscenter that Greg Anthony thinks Ron has a chance to end up here in San Antonio because our players are startin to get older and that they could use a young guy like Artest. Are the Spurs actually interested in making moves for this guy?

ducks
12-27-2005, 06:48 PM
yeah he can be like rodman

ducks
12-27-2005, 06:48 PM
if greg thinks he will be he will not be

vincerodriguez23
12-27-2005, 06:49 PM
not too long ago on sportscenter

ChumpDumper
12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Been discussed. I doubt we have anything the Pacers would want. So if it's not some kind of three-way....

boutons_
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Does Ron travel with the team?

If so, we'll see if Pop seeks him out after the game to give him a big hug and whisper tampering sweet-nothings in his ear.

vincerodriguez23
12-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Does Ron travel with the team?

If so, we'll see if Pop seeks him out after the game to give him a big hug and whisper tampering sweet-nothings in his ear.

no hes currently inactive, which means he doesnt even have a locker in the pacers locker room.

Vashner
12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
When ya'll come down from the crack rock high...
Then absorb this. He will never wear a Spurs uniform. And is not even fit to be a towelboy...

ducks
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
do you think he behaves better then rodman?

vincerodriguez23
i hope he doesnt either, i just heard what i heard from sportscenter.

vincerodriguez23
by far

ducks
12-27-2005, 07:58 PM
would you let rodman babysit your kid?

E20
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
would you let rodman babysit your kid?
Classic Ducks material. :lmao

ZStomp
12-27-2005, 08:56 PM
hey i just saw on Sportscenter that Greg Anthony thinks Ron has a chance to end up here in San Antonio because our players are startin to get older and that they could use a young guy like Artest. Are the Spurs actually interested in making moves for this guy?

:lmao

Yea..cuz Anthony says so :lmao funny

adidas11
12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
No fvcking way that Artest comes to the Spurs. Not after the Rodman fiasco back in the mid 1990s.

But just to play along with this insane scenario...what would be an equitable trade? Artest for Manu, straight up?

Artest = Manu?

T Park
12-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Barry Oberto

Those are the two players the Pacers have supposedly shown a great intrest in.

adidas11
12-27-2005, 09:20 PM
I would love to get Artest on the Lakers though, with a Kobe-Odom-Artest lineup. Although I can't see that happening...

ObiwanGinobili
12-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Artest to Spurs???
fuck.no.

DesiSpur_21
12-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Greg Anthony is a genius.

JamesR
12-27-2005, 11:11 PM
When has anything Anthony said been remotely true?

The Spurs are already a championship quality team, why would they trade for a guy that could ruin all that by screwing with the chemisty of the team?

efrem1
12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
It's a banker that he comes to the Kings. With Abdur-Rahim out, the Maloofs are going to take their chances with Artest like they did with Webber seven years ago.

bdubya
12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Man, I would HATE to see the Spurs pick up one of the most talented players in the league when his market value is so low they could probably get him for spare parts and a ham sandwich.

Except it's Mr. Exploding Head himself, who would instantly become the single biggest threat to the Spurs coming out of the West. I guess I'd still hate that, because it would screw up the rematch I want, but it would really grease the skids for the Pistons, who would go 4-2 over Dallas or whoever else shows up.

KEDA
12-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Barry, Udrih, Mohammed for Artest.

and yes, I would like him on my team.

thekingrobert
12-27-2005, 11:41 PM
hell yea i would like him, a younger stronger faster more offense oriented bruce bowen, arent they looking for a SF to replace bowen well with all that said and his price go get him

z0sa
12-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Artest demands plays run for him and shit like that.. he'd never fit in to our team.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2005, 12:39 AM
I think we should trade for ron artest, if you think it this way, say we dump sum contracts onto the pacers, and received artest. IF the guy doesnt fit in at least his contract is cheap and is easy to move around with the number of offers. So we get rid of a headcase and also future salary that wouldve had if we didnt trade for artest.

wildbill2u
12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Why don't the monitors attache this thread to the other one that had at least 300 posts? The only difference here is the opinion of Greg Anthony.

ducks
12-28-2005, 10:54 PM
read it is now down to 10 teams

CharlieMac
12-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Cream dream.

GO SPurs Go
12-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Guys, do you really think the Pacers are gonna give one of their best players to a team they can face in the finals so that he can embarass them? I would say he's going to a shitty team like NO/OKA Hornets

Spurs rock
12-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I doubt he'll go to the Spurs.

Notorious H.O.P.
12-29-2005, 01:54 AM
I think we should trade for ron artest, if you think it this way, say we dump sum contracts onto the pacers, and received artest. IF the guy doesnt fit in at least his contract is cheap and is easy to move around with the number of offers. So we get rid of a headcase and also future salary that wouldve had if we didnt trade for artest.

First, the Pacers are going to get contracts "dumped on them". They want not only young players that are proven (no rookies, no old guys), but they aren't taking bad contracts and they want draft choices. They've indicated that they want expiring contracts but will consider taking a longer term contract when bundled with the right players.

Second, yes, his contract is cheap but that is part of what he is complaining about. He also wants more shots which makes it difficult when you consider Tim, Manu and Tony are designated to take the bulk of the team's shots.

Lastly, if he bones it up here, no one else is going to want him or give us anywhere near equal value for him. We'll have to sacrifice to get him, then sacrifice to get rid of him if we have to.

Some GMs will bone it up all the time, others won't and Walsh is one of the latter. Otherwise, maybe we should offer Beno, Nazr, Oberto and Barry for Artest and O'Neal.

E20
12-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Straight up:

Ian for Ron.

vincerodriguez23
12-29-2005, 02:04 AM
yeah i doubt Artest will wind up in SA, i cant see that happening. now thinking about it, it would be nice to have him on the spurs, but i would hate to see some of our players go. i know in a previous response i said that i wouldnt want ron on the spurs, but thinkin about it, it would be pretty badass to see duncan-parker-ginobili-artest-mohammed as the starters. brucie could come off the bench.

Bloodline666
12-29-2005, 07:01 AM
by far
Actually, I think Rodman behaves better than Artest.

At least Rodman didn't charge into the stands and punch the person who DIDN'T throw beer at him!

Like "The Self-Professed Answer" T.O., Artest is more trouble than what he's worth. Coach Pop has already had enough of putting up with people's bullshit to last two seasons. He put up with Rodman's bullshit for two seasons already. He shouldn't have to put up with Artest's.

pache100
12-29-2005, 08:43 AM

I've said it before in another thread on this same topic...about the only difference between the degrees of Ron Artest's and Dennis Rodman's weirdness is violence. Ron has it - Dennis doesn't.

Seriously, I don't think Dennis Rodman has a viscious bone in his body; his destructive tendencies were focused toward Dennis (re: the "motorcycle madness"); he never looked to hurt anyone else (well, except maybe Carmen Elektra :lol ). Ron looks outward (to anyone in his path) for targets for his destructive tendencies. Ron is a psycopath; Dennis isn't, IMO. Ron will probably murder someone someday unless he is medicated and/or undergoes some serious therapy (neither of which he wants). If Dennis does resort to killing, it will probably be in self-defense.

Marklar MM
12-29-2005, 08:44 AM
What happened to Dennis? He was sane in Detroit...well, other than the time when he wanted to shoot himself in the parking lot. But for the most part he was sane.

pache100
12-29-2005, 08:46 AM
What happened to Dennis? He was sane in Detroit...well, other than the time when he wanted to shoot himself in the parking lot. But for the most part he was sane.

Dennis Rodman is a lot of things...sane is not one of them. He's ALWAYS been nuts (self-admittedly).

kskonn
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Yea Rodman was nuts.But I agree about him not every trying to hurt other people, except the camera man he kicked in the nuts.

I met him after he got suspended I was 13 I think, he had a body guard with him and the press was all over him. My dad and I had just got done picking up a bunch of tickets for his customers and rodman saw a sports illustrated I was carrying with him on the cover and yelled, "hey kid come here!"so I ended up talking to him for about 10 minutes and he signed my sports illustrated. I don't see artest as that kind of guy.

adidas11
12-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Rodman starting going weird towards the end of his time at Detroit, and went overboard when he signed with San Antonio. (That's when he started dyeing his hair, etc).

I always thought that a lot of Rodman's antics were marketing based. He did what he had to do to make himself a media icon, because he lacked the talent offensively to stand out in the NBA. Note, that he didn't start appearing on MTV and whatnot until AFTER he moved to San Antonio and went nuts.

picnroll
12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
I used to run into Rodman at the Concord when the Spurs worked out there. He was pretty normal one to one, really liked kids. Artest on the other hand is certifiably whack. Good fit for LA Circus Time.

adidas11
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I wonder if Artest was like this back in his St. Johns days in college, or in the beginning with the Chicago Bulls. Anyone have any info on this?

pache100
12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
He did what he had to do to make himself a media icon, because he lacked the talent offensively to stand out in the NBA.

Nope, I disagree with that. Rodman was one of the most naturally talented people to ever grace the NBA. His antics got in the way of his talent and became more important to him than his game, is what happened, IMO. But, when he was on in a game, it was poetry in motion. And he had one of the most gifted bodies, one of the best suited to the sport of basketball ever, he just didn't use it to its full potential in the game of basketball. Every athlete reaches a point in their lives, even the most gifted ones, where they have to begin to work at their sport in order to maximize their talent, when they can no longer operate and succeed on talent alone. Some reach that point sooner than others. Many are not willing to put in the work required to keep it going, and, IMO, Rodman was one of those. When he got to the point where it was work, he didn't want to do it any longer. That's when he began to market himself as a freak, when he decided to make money another way outside the NBA. I just don't think he realized that that kind of freakiness usually has "flash-in-the-pan" popularity. He'd have been better off (more successful) working a little at basketball.

picnroll
12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Also does anyone know if Artest's mom smoked crack?

pache100
12-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Also does anyone know if Artest's mom smoked crack?

His behavior is more consistent with fetal alcohol syndrome.

efrem1
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
It's a banker that he comes to the Kings. With Abdur-Rahim out, the Maloofs are going to take their chances with Artest like they did with Webber seven years ago.

Am I the genius!! Give me my Criswell award!! :elephant