PDA

View Full Version : Got a PSP for Christmas but

TNT21
12-27-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put music on the memory card. Does it have to be in a specific format like mp3, and how do I do that?? Just hoping someone would be able to help. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!

N.Y. Johnny
12-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey bro
You're going to need a USB Cable

On the PSP go to Settings/USB Mode and turn USB on. This will register the PSP as a removable drive in Widows. Just drag and drop your MP3's to the PSP drive ( *:\PSP\MUSIC) where * is the PSP Drive letter.

CharlieMac
12-27-2005, 11:22 PM
It has to be a 5 pin usb cable.

I tried using the one for my camera, and while it fit, it still didnt work. It recognized the connection, but still didnt work.

I'm bidding on a Madcatz one one ebay right now.

N.Y. Johnny
12-27-2005, 11:36 PM
well its nice to see I'm not the only one with a PSP here :smokin

how big a memory you guys got? those fuckin sticks are expensive as hell.
but I love the PSP, basically it does everything.

CharlieMac
12-27-2005, 11:41 PM
A 1 Gig is almost a hundred bucks. That's nuts.

I still have the one that cam with the psp. I haven't even checked how big it is to be honest.

PM5K
12-28-2005, 12:10 AM
The PSP comes with the USB cable, otherwise N.Y. Johnny's instructions are correct. It can play MP3's or if you have the newest firmware you can also play WMA's....

I bought my son the GigaPack with the 1GB memory card, it's a good deal because it's only 50.00 more for the 1GB card....

Mr. Defense
12-28-2005, 02:24 AM
when will xbox step up and compete here...i want a handheld xbox equivalent so i can play madden on the go...:tu

E20
12-28-2005, 01:36 PM
when will xbox step up and compete here...i want a handheld xbox equivalent so i can play madden on the go...:tu
You can play Madden on the go with a PSP!

Mixability
12-28-2005, 01:40 PM
You can play Madden on the go with a PSP!

I'd rather play Tecmo Bowl on the original Gameboy. :fro

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I was thinking bout gettng one but heard from a number of peeps who say they are fragile and shit breaking off them. Don't know it to be fact or fiction though.

Mixability
12-28-2005, 05:21 PM
anyone want to buy a brand new in box PSP?

SpursWoman
12-28-2005, 05:27 PM
I've been trying to figure out NintenDog on my son's DS. That game is so cute!

N.Y. Johnny
12-28-2005, 09:20 PM
I was thinking bout gettng one but heard from a number of peeps who say they are fragile and shit breaking off them. Don't know it to be fact or fiction though.

Fact

Its like one of those Ipod Nanos. Don't accidentally let it hit the concrete or floor or else there's a good chance there's a cracked screen or something wrong is going to come of it.

If you get a PSP make sure you get some kind of case for it because they are very fragile.

CharlieMac
12-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Fact

Its like one of those Ipod Nanos. Don't accidentally let it hit the concrete or floor or else there's a good chance there's a cracked screen or something wrong is going to come of it.

If you get a PSP make sure you get some kind of case for it because they are very fragile.

Yeah, you gotta get one.

I had this, but it wasn't working out for me, too big.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2362,CONTENTID=10480

So I switched to this. I just like that you can play it while it's in the case.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2362,CONTENTID=10181

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Thats a pretty cool case, I really want one but damn I don't know where would really need to play games while on the go. Do they allow these on airplanes?

CharlieMac
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Well the second case is good to have in case you drop the PSP. It's still small and really helps when you drop the PSP. I dont know about airplanes though.

N.Y. Johnny
12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Thats a pretty cool case, I really want one but damn I don't know where would really need to play games while on the go. Do they allow these on airplanes?
I recently flew on a Continental flight and did nothing but plat Lumines, Grand Theft Auto, and Madden on the PSP on the way to NY and back. They had no problem with it so I wouldn't think you would have a problem on a plane.