PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur Can't Get Right!!

Lonestar
12-28-2005, 02:13 PM
By Mike Wells
[email protected]
DALLAS -- Indiana Pacers small forward Stephen Jackson was fined $20,000 by the NBA on Monday for making an obscene gesture after he was ejected in the final seconds of Friday's loss at Cleveland.

"I'm appealing that because I didn't shoot a finger," Jackson said before Monday's game at Dallas. "I know how to shoot a finger. I cursed (referee Derek Richardson) out good enough. They don't have it on camera that I shot a finger."
Jackson was ejected after he argued an offensive foul call on teammate Jamaal Tinsley when the Pacers trailed by two.
"I really don't give a damn, they're not going to take some money from me for something I didn't do," Jackson said. "They can not give me calls, curse me out, whatever they want to do. I blame it on the announcers at the game. They were the ones that said I shot the finger. They were behind me. How did they see me shoot the finger?"
Whether he used an obscene gesture or not, the Pacers need Jackson, who leads the team in technicals, to maintain his composure during a time they're trying to make up for the loss of forward Ron Artest.
"I just have to keep reminding him that the most important part of our jobs is to concentrate on the game," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "Things with the officials are going to happen, but those kinds of distractions take us away from what the focus of the game is. That's got to be winning; and that's hard enough to do."

Marklar MM
12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
:). When Ron is gone, they definitely have a solid replacement.

Lonestar
12-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Jackson can be so good (like Artest) but he just can't get his head right. I hated to see him leave the Spurs but they knew what they were doing when they didn't pursue him.

cecil collins
12-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Stephen Jackson kicks ass. I wish he would've signed the deal we offered, but I wouldn't want him for what he's getting paid now. Hope he wins his appeal.

Taco
01-03-2006, 08:53 AM
:). When Ron is gone, they definitely have a solid replacement.

Jax is very hot tempered

sa_butta
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Do you think he would still be a hothead had he stayed with the Spurs?? or do you think that the Pacers orginazation has rubbed off on him with Artest and all? I think he would have been alot more calm within the Spurs organization.

rr2418
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Do you think he would still be a hothead had he stayed with the Spurs?? or do you think that the Pacers orginazation has rubbed off on him with Artest and all? I think he would have been alot more calm within the Spurs organization.

I kind of tend to think that he would have been more calmer with the Spurs, b/c of the type of individuals he would have around him. Plus, I can't recall him getting into trouble when he was here.

Ishta
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
I kind of tend to think that he would have been more calmer with the Spurs, b/c of the type of individuals he would have around him. Plus, I can't recall him getting into trouble when he was here.
I have to agree with this. When he was here, he knew the Spurs would not put up with his primadona bullshit.If he would've stayed he would have been fine. No big loss really considering we won another championship without his tempermental little ass:lol :lol

Lonestar
01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
The only downside I ever heard about JAX was that his teammates constantly had to reassure him and try to bring up his spirits in the locker room. Apparently by the end of his final season they had grown tired of it. I think it's just another example of RC and Pop knowing what to do in a given situation. They made him a fair offer, when he balked they let him walk. He was suspended for a game while in Atlanta, then of course the blowup last year in Indy and now more problems.

Vashner
01-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Thug Jacko