12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Their top ten stories of 2005 include:
-UNC's national championship
-USC's repeat football championship
-White Sox winning
-Patriots winning
-Danica Patrick
-even the return of the fuckingwhocares NHL

Guess the only major sports championship NOT on their top 10?

I know I shouldn't care but those bastards ALWAYS piss me off. If the Heat had won it I guarantee they would have made it.

1Parker1
12-28-2005, 03:40 PM
What were the other top 4 stories?

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Are you all that surprised? ESPN.com's big headline after the Spurs won the finals was an NBA draft preview. It is as it has been and always shall be. Unless the Spurs can pick up on Tony's gangsta image and start running with it. If Beno can be involved in a crackhouse shootout with police I think the Spurs will really hit the big time.

I missed their "Top 10 Games of 2005". Did game 5 of the finals at least make it on there?

tlongII
12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking of changing my screen name to Spurs=Boring.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2005, 04:10 PM
What were the other top 4 stories?
-T.O.
-Raffy and the Roids (was #1, :wtf)
-Tiger wins Masters

I can't remember the other two right now.

Oh, Gee!!
12-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Why do you people care? I'm pretty sure the actual players don't.

E20
12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Why do you people care? I'm pretty sure the actual players don't.
They probably don't, but they must wonder why.

If I was a player and other people who won the championships in other sports got recoginized how come not me? I'd be wondering why the hate........

Oh, Gee!!
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Did the Artest meltdown occur in 2005? If so, it should be #1.

LilMissSPURfect
12-28-2005, 04:40 PM
tim needs to hand gesture espn maybe that will get the spurs in the top 10!!!

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

SequSpur
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Shooga,

Settle the F. Down.......

Blame it on the Duncan theory....

or the Be quiet you're in the library theory.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Did the Artest meltdown occur in 2005? If so, it should be #1.
Nope, November of 2004. There were no NBA stories in the top 10.

E20
12-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I find basketball to be a more fun sport to watch/play than other sports. It's true.

ALVAREZ6
12-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I saw that too, those mother fuckers....they can never appreciate the fucking Spurs.

The Spurs need to win 5 championships in a row in order to start getting some media attention. Fuck the Heat, the Lakers, and the fucking Pistons. ESPN loves riding Dwayne and Shaq's cock.

sa_butta
12-28-2005, 05:03 PM
ESPN loves riding Dwayne and Shaq's cock.And Kobe and Phil Jackson :flipoff

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-28-2005, 05:11 PM
/\/\/\

Gang Bang!

G-Nob
12-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't know how many times I have to tell you guys. ESPN sucks. They always have , they always will. Their station is nothing but an Mtv rip off wanna-be-skateboard man, BS excuse to show highlights. Anything from the ridiculous northeastern bias to Stu Scott rapping highlights. Oh, and when StuScott is the sideline reporter during the Finals on ABC, he acts as white as I am. Stephen A. is a blow hard and Berman's shtick is tired. Who gives a F about Danica Patrick, she never won a race and is the most overhyped story of 2005. Stop feeding that Disney empire, people. Don't watch their programming. You want sports? Internet. You want highlights? SW Sports Report or Local News. ESPN needs to be registering a big fat 0 in the ratings book in Texas. Stop watching it and stop going to espn.com and you'll live a happier life.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm down with most of what you're saying G-Nob, but I have to say that T.O. was the most overhyped. Danica actually went out and did something that made a big part of America notice a fairly marginalized sport, even if only for a little while. T.O. did nothing but pout and let his agent say "Next question" over and over again and the twerps of the sports media were more than happy to give that assclown the media coverage he wanted.

td4mvp21
12-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking of changing my screen name to Spurs=Boring.

How funny, I was thinking of changing mine to TrailBlazers=League Bitches!

:flipoff

G-Nob
12-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Danica was a marketing tool for a sport that needed a boost.

sanman53
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I used to send emails to ESPN all the time regarding the fact they dont show the Spurs any love. I gave up because I noticed it wasnt doing any good. And I agree with you all, if Shaq/Wader would have won the 'ship last season, it would have probably been in the top 5. But I would rather them NOT show the Spurs than to watch Shaq/Wader dancing around the confetti with the 'ship trophy! I'd rather watch the draft preview than to watch the Pistons parade on our home court (of course, if the Pistons would have won it, I doubt they would have showed them much either). The Spurs winning like this is what ESPN does NOT want! All I do now is laugh at them. GO SPURS GO!!!!

ALVAREZ6
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
ESPN loves riding Dwayne and Shaq's cock.
In this case, Gary Payton represents ESPN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Shambeezy/gp.jpg

sanman53
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM

OH MY GOSH! Thats the WORST pic Ive EVER seen!!! :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed

Stephen A. Smith
12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
How dare any of you try to defame the name of a quality news source? Not only did they give me my own show, but they have lead the sports media into the 21st century! Don't blame my boys at ESPN because people want what they want and ESPN gives it to them. If anyone out there wanted intelligent debate, sensible analysis, and any less than 55 minutes of quick cut clips of highlights, ESPN wouldn't be the highest rated network in the universe! This is just the kind of sour grapes I expected to find from a team that lacks heart, drive, edge, and above all else players who dunk a lot. Quite frankly you need to warm up to the fact that I am this generation's Tom Brokaw.

pawe
12-28-2005, 08:04 PM
How dare any of you try to defame the name of a quality news source? Not only did they give me my own show, but they have lead the sports media into the 21st century! Don't blame my boys at ESPN because people want what they want and ESPN gives it to them. If anyone out there wanted intelligent debate, sensible analysis, and any less than 55 minutes of quick cut clips of highlights, ESPN wouldn't be the highest rated network in the universe! This is just the kind of sour grapes I expected to find from a team that lacks heart, drive, edge, and above all else players who dunk a lot. Quite frankly you need to warm up to the fact that I am this generation's Tom Brokaw.

can u please shut the f*ck up! fag! :flipoff

E20
12-28-2005, 08:14 PM
can u please shut the f*ck up! fag! :flipoff
The man speaks the truth.

Tek_XX
12-28-2005, 08:55 PM

He seems to be enjoying it :lol

Guru of Nothing
12-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Their top ten stories of 2005 include:
-UNC's national championship
-USC's repeat football championship
-White Sox winning
-Patriots winning
-Danica Patrick
-even the return of the fuckingwhocares NHL

Guess the only major sports championship NOT on their top 10?

I know I shouldn't care but those bastards ALWAYS piss me off. If the Heat had won it I guarantee they would have made it.

What about Lebron's missing throne? It's a late-breaking story I know, but surely it's top-10 worthy.

ambchang
12-29-2005, 04:09 PM
the Spurs winning a championship is definitely NOT a top 10 story. Everybody expected as much. now if the Heat won it, it would be like Jessica Alba winning Oscars, that would shock the hell out of everybody.

dknights411
12-29-2005, 06:26 PM
I actually thought that the list was OK as a sports fan. Yeah, I'm miffed that the Spurs got the shaft for the umpteenth time, but it wasn';t just the Spurs this time. The entire NBA in general got the shaft in the retrospects this year. I agree that the steroid issue was the biggest story of the year, but they're should have been at least SOME mention about the first NBA Finals that went the distance since 1994!!!

boutons_
12-29-2005, 07:21 PM
The NBA sucks.

Talent is diluted over 30 teams.

There aren't 150 starters or 450 players in world that can play NBA basketball.

Too many jokers/ballas have NBA jobs that should be driving taxis, stocking shelves, serving fast food, selling used cars. Let them play street ball.

Result is too many fucking meaningless games where half-assed players just fuck around playing shitty basketball before half-empty stands.

The dumbed-down fans are too stupid to call bullshit.

NBA should have a "franchise elimination tournament" over 4 seasons.
The bottom 2 teams in each conference to be dis-enfranchised, all coach/player contracts annulled.

30 teams reduced to 26 teams.
Skip a year for laid-off players/coaches to try displace people with remaining teams

26 teams reduced to 22 teams.
Skip a year for laid-off players/coaches to try displace people with remaining teams.

22 teams reduced to 18 teams.

:)

ShoogarBear
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
the Spurs winning a championship is definitely NOT a top 10 story.
And the Patriots and USC winning one is?