PDA

View Full Version : Who do you gotta pay to keep your kid sober??

ObiwanGinobili
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10634256/

2-year-old gets drunk; baby-sitter charged
Infant had bloodshot eyes, blood-alcohol level of 0.094

Updated: 11:58 p.m. ET Dec. 28, 2005
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. - A 37-year-old man was charged with child endangerment after one of two toddlers he was baby-sitting was found drunk, authorities said.

Suffolk County sheriff’s deputies investigating a family court case peered through the window of a Patchogue home Tuesday and saw Juan Reyes passed out with the children wandering around the house.

They managed to rouse Reyes, who was the only adult at home with the two toddlers, ages 2 and 3, according to the sheriff’s office. The deputies said Reyes appeared extremely intoxicated.

The deputies also noticed the 2-year-old was having difficulty standing, had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and was lethargic.

The toddler was taken to the hospital, where tests revealed he was legally intoxicated, with a blood-alcohol content of 0.094 percent, the sheriff’s office said. In New York, a driver is considered drunk with an alcohol content of 0.08 percent or greater.

The second child was taken into the custody of Child Protective Services.

At the time, the children’s parents were at a hospital, where the mother was giving birth.

Reyes was arraigned Wednesday in First District Court in Central Islip and ordered held on $5,000 bail. He was scheduled to return to court on Jan. 3.

Robert Clifford, spokesman for the Suffolk County district attorney, said the children’s family lives at the house where the toddlers were found. Reyes also gave that as his address during his arraignment.

The district attorney’s office said Reyes was being represented by the Legal Aid Society. Calls to the society went unanswered Wednesday evening.

sa_butta
12-29-2005, 12:21 PM
I saw that this morning, what a dickhead.

McKenzie
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Holy shit! Unbelievable!

spurs=bling
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
what a dumbfuck

12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Just wait until yours hit 2 and 3 Obi, you'll be wanting to drink too :lol (trust me on this)...

ObiwanGinobili
12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Just wait until yours hit 2 and 3 Obi, you'll be wanting to drink too :lol (trust me on this)...

fuck - I want to drink now! ( this measly 1/2 glass of red @ night ain't cutting it)..... reminds me, Isabella will be 21 months next week... 2 is right around the corner.:(

but those weren't his kids.

spurs=bling
12-29-2005, 12:33 PM
fuck - I want to drink now! ( this measly 1/2 glass of red @ night ain't cutting it)..... reminds me, Isabella will be 21 months next week... 2 is right around the corner.:(

DONT DO IT OBI!!!!! :lol

pache100
12-29-2005, 12:33 PM

Exactly. And if he listed their address as his in the police records, it sounds like he's been living there and intends to continue living there. If the parents allow this idiot to stay there around those children (especially a newborn), the children should be taken away from them.

Oh, Gee!!
12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll take care of your kids. Just buy me a case of Bud.

boutons_
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
"he's been living there and intends to continue living there"

He was drunk because he knows the shit will hit the fan when it's learned that the lady's baby is his baby and not her husband's. :)

JoeChalupa
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
"he's been living there and intends to continue living there"

He was drunk because he knows the shit will hit the fan when it's learned that the lady's baby is his baby and not her husband's. :)

On the Maury Povich show?

ShoogarBear
12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey, maybe there's a reasonable explanation.

Like maybe the dude passed out and the little brat stole some of his hooch. :lol

E20
12-29-2005, 02:12 PM
As most of you know I'm the Rite Aid Photo guy and I happend to glance at the machine numerous times when the pictures come out and I see that stuff all the time. (Adults giving minors alcohol)

Vashner
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
This is why like 50% of the time the grandparents are called up for active duty again to help raise the kidz....

Trust NO one..

Extra Stout
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
In the old days it wasn't uncommon for foolish parents to mix in a little whiskey with the formula to get the baby to sleep more quickly.

pache100
12-29-2005, 03:32 PM
In the old days it wasn't uncommon for foolish parents to mix in a little whiskey with the formula to get the baby to sleep more quickly.

The operative words here being "old days". These days, civilized people know better. Anyone who would give a baby alcohol "to get the baby to sleep more quickly" is not fit to be a parent.

Oh, Gee!!
12-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Whiskey is good for toothaches

Extra Stout
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
The operative words here being "old days". These days, civilized people know better. Anyone who would give a baby alcohol "to get the baby to sleep more quickly" is not fit to be a parent.
So who is going to raise the kids in Kentucky?

Extra Stout
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh, and "old days" encompasses the lifetime of some of those grandparents Vashner was talking about.

I refrained from discussing this with a tremendously uneducated 77-year-old woman recently. She swore by this method.

Oh, Gee!!
12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Mothers in Jamaica make their infants a tea from marijuana leaves. puts them suckas out for hours.

SpursWoman
12-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Does that include Dimatap? :oops

pache100
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Does that include Dimatap? :oops

If being used as directed for colds or allergies, no. If being used to "get a kid to sleep", yes. That is not the purpose of Dimetapp.

And, there is no alcohol in Children's Dimetapp.

Drug Facts
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp) Purposes
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg................................................ .................................... Antihistamine

Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP 15 mg................................................ .............................. Nasal decongestant

Uses
temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
runny nose sneezing itchy, watery eyes
itching of the nose or throat

temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose

Inactive ingredients: artificial flavor, citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose

http://www.dimetapp.com/children/label_elixer.asp

SpursWoman
12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry you went through all of that trouble...that was a joke a friend & I had when our kids were little. :fro :drunk

pache100
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Sorry you went through all of that trouble...that was a joke a friend & I had when our kids were little. :fro :drunk

Oh. Sorry, I thought you were serious. You'd be surprised how many people use allergy and cold medication to get kids to sleep, though. That's a pet peeve of mine. Benadryl is one of the most overused and misused medications on the market. I know a woman who used benadryl to get her puppy to sleep!

ObiwanGinobili
12-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Oh. Sorry, I thought you were serious. You'd be surprised how many people use allergy and cold medication to get kids to sleep, though. That's a pet peeve of mine. Benadryl is one of the most overused and misused medications on the market. I know a woman who used benadryl to get her puppy to sleep!

:lol

when Mr. Big was hit by a truck 2 years ago he ha dto have hip surgery. My vet had me give him 3 tbsp. of benydryl before I brought him in as a "pre- anesthsia".

:lol hilarious

bigzak25
12-29-2005, 10:15 PM
yeah, how old before we can legally put nyquil in their baby bottles?

just you know....asking for....research....yah.

Samr
12-30-2005, 07:59 AM
If that kid keeps this up, he's going to have one hell of a tollerance by the time he hits college. :lol

Awsome.