PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Smashes TV monitor

Kori Ellis
12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
"The Kobe Bryant legacy lives on. Not only did the Lakers superstar throw away the ball with about five seconds remaining Monday night, he reportedly went ballistic after the game. According to several television media members at last night's game, Bryant smashed a TV monitor outside the Lakers locker room. Word is that the monitor was property of the Lakers television flagship. Also, there is photographic evidence of Bryant's handiwork."

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20051229-124634-7841r.htm

Bloodline666
12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Kobe was hyped to be the next Michael Jordan. Is Kobe now trying to prove to Ron Artest that he, not Artest, is the next Dennis Rodman or something?

cecil collins
12-29-2005, 03:56 PM
He's always trying to act hard, like when he made that rap album, and when he was fighting and trying to be tough a couple years ago. Reggie Miller put him down.

E20
12-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Was he mad that the Lakers lost.........

alamo50
12-29-2005, 04:44 PM
No mather what the s.o.b. does, he is always acting.
Retard.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051228/051228_kobe_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

Too bad it wasn't a bullet.

:flipoff

Vashner
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
LOL he's trying to be superman....

It's all about ME...... it's all about me.... and any BLond I wannnnnntt.. it's all about me.. no shaq hey he's a chuiuuuump... but me me me... I can win it allll!!!!!! (Kobiez song).

E20
12-29-2005, 05:11 PM
No mather what the s.o.b. does, he is always acting.
Retard.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051228/051228_kobe_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

Too bad it wasn't a bullet.

:flipoff
That's pretty badass to get stitches and comeback and play.

Despot
12-29-2005, 07:34 PM
I posted this in another thread, but fits better here, these are from two different articles.

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

The Lakers/Grizzlies game last night was heated. In the third quarter, Mike Miller drove baseline and when Kobe came to help, Miller’s left arm caught Kobe above the eye, opening up a nasty cut. Bryant had to be taken to the locker room for stitches and on his way to the tunnel, he yelled at Miller, “I’m alright Mike,” and then something to the effect of, “I’ll be back motherf***er.” He did come back and gave the Grizz 45, but the Lakers lost in OT. Kobe got his payback later in the game when planted an elbow in Miller’s neck to earn himself a flagrant foul. ...

But Bryant said his flagrant foul that floored Memphis' Mike Miller early in the fourth quarter was in part meant to be a statement about defending the Lakers' home turf by playing more physical defense.

"As a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that," he said. "Hopefully, everybody else will see that."

Yet there's little doubt that Bryant didn't mind getting some retribution after Miller opened a gash over Bryant's left eye early in the third quarter. Asked about Miller's intent on that play, Bryant said: "I don't know. I hit first, ask questions later."

I figure he's acting up because of the release of his new shoe.

And is he talking about hitting someone, or hitting IT??

E20
12-29-2005, 07:36 PM
I posted this in another thread, but fits better here, these are from two different articles.

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I figure he's acting up because of the release of his new shoe.

And is he talking about hitting someone, or hitting IT??
He is talking about Millers style of play.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
wow, this is a pretty big story.....weird how i haven't heard about it over and over again on espn

question
if it was artest that did these actions would it get less or more airtime?

Despot
12-29-2005, 07:51 PM
And as far as I remember, all flagrant fouls are supposed to be reviewed by the league office to see if they require a larger fine, or suspension. I did not see the play, but an elbow to the neck seems pretty bad. And one of the key elements that makes the punishment worse is if it was retalliation, or am I thinking of baseball..........?
My bet is nothing happens. They'll probably fine Miller for the first elbow and pay Kobe's tab for the monitor.

Horry For 3!
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
He got it glued and not really.

Rummpd
12-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Lots of players get stitches and come back and play - Bogut took 15 in the lip without any numbing agent and came back in a won a game this year.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
How is that badass???? It's just a little cut.

Anyone can get stitches and play, no big deal.

manu
12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Kobe is gay, i hate him
selfish ass rich guy
rapist

but i gotta admit that he is one exciting player
but other than that, he aint nothin but a ballhoger

Obstructed_View
12-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Kobe is acting ghetto to make Artest feel more welcome. That flagrant will be changed to a flagrant 2 or Kobe will be suspended. That cut wasn't particularly nasty. It just popped the skin open. Kobe is a pussy.

Pistons < Spurs
12-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Kobe's still the best player in the L

E20
12-30-2005, 01:35 AM
He got it glued and not really.
Nope stitches:

Bryant, gashed over his left eye in the second quarter when Miller pushed him in the face with his hand while driving, had three stitches to close the cut.

How is that badass???? It's just a little cut.

Anyone can get stitches and play, no big deal.
You're just a Kobe hater.

That has got to hurt and being able to perform at a level like Kobe scoring 45 points is pretty badass. You guys can talk and say that's not hard, but most people here would cry for their Mom if something like that happend.

Obstructed_View
12-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Kobe's still the best player in the L
I won't go that far, but he's a great player. That doesn't change the fact that he's a pussy. Throwing a cheap shot in retaliation for an accidental elbow is bush league. Guys get cut all the time and go back in and play. The regular aches and pains of every NBA player are worse than the pain of a stitched up cut.

SA210
12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
He should be suspended. Saw that cheapshot on News4.

alamo50
12-30-2005, 06:56 AM
"As a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that," he said. "Hopefully, everybody else will see that."

WTF?

1Parker1
12-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Like I said, Kobe the player has got to be one of the top most talented and fun to watch players. Kobe the person leaves little to be desired.

Obstructed_View
12-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Radio in Dallas said Kobe got in a fight with Odom after a game and Kobe's "two man security detail" had to break it up. Once again, it looks like Kobe is setting the stage to tell Buss to ship Odom to Indiana.

DarkReign
12-30-2005, 02:58 PM

You dont watch hockey much, do you?

Those guys have more stitches in a week than teeth in their mouth.

Dont even get started on whats tough, because basketball doesnt even rank.

E20
12-30-2005, 06:25 PM
You dont watch hockey much, do you?

Those guys have more stitches in a week than teeth in their mouth.

Dont even get started on whats tough, because basketball doesnt even rank.
NHL forum
And like anybody cares about Hockey

Kobe suspended 2 games.

hussker
12-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Maybe Tony and Kobe can get together and be the Western Conference Street thugs...(As long as TP does not leave Kobe and Eva alone...)

1Parker1
12-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Radio in Dallas said Kobe got in a fight with Odom after a game and Kobe's "two man security detail" had to break it up.

Really? I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a link to an article on this?

Trooper 2112
12-30-2005, 09:08 PM
im suprised i just heard about this right now. Did he get fined even more? What a dickhole.

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Nope stitches:

You're just a Kobe hater.

That has got to hurt and being able to perform at a level like Kobe scoring 45 points is pretty badass. You guys can talk and say that's not hard, but most people here would cry for their Mom if something like that happend.
Yeah, I'm a Kobe hater, but that has nothing to do with it. I would have said the same if someone called Manu badass if the same happened to him. It's no big deal. Yeah, maybe if hurt him when it happened, but in reality, it's just a cut, and it's on his face, so it shouldn't keep him from performing on a basketball court... if he got a bruise on his arm or leg, that's different.

And if that happened to my mom, that's different...She's a small woman in her late 40's and Kobe is a 6'8" muscular-built professional basketball player in his 20's.....

So you see any difference?

E20
12-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I'm a Kobe hater, but that has nothing to do with it. I would have said the same if someone called Manu badass if the same happened to him. It's no big deal. Yeah, maybe if hurt him when it happened, but in reality, it's just a cut, and it's on his face, so it shouldn't keep him from performing on a basketball court... if he got a bruise on his arm or leg, that's different.

And if that happened to my mom, that's different...She's a small woman in her late 40's and Kobe is a 6'8" muscular-built professional basketball player in his 20's.....

So you see any difference?

What I meant was people say it's not big deal, but if that happend to most people they would cry for their Mom. And if that happend to Manu, he'd be out for the whole game. And I remeber when Kobe had that injured shoulder and he still played and he still dropped like 30 points, at points using his left hand to shoot.

Obstructed_View
12-31-2005, 12:51 AM
What I meant was people say it's not big deal, but if that happend to most people they would cry for their Mom. And if that happend to Manu, he'd be out for the whole game. And I remeber when Kobe had that injured shoulder and he still played and he still dropped like 30 points, at points using his left hand to shoot.

If that happened to Manu, he'd pack the cut with cheese from a courtside order of nachos, stick the jalapenos up his nose and go back to work. The Spurs wouldn't even have to take a timeout.

Have you ever gotten a cut on your face or scalp? It doesn't really hurt. I'm not sure why you are so anxious to go Colorado Tramp Doggie on Kobe just because he came back into the game. He also threw a stupid cheap shot and turned the ball over at the end.

Despot
12-31-2005, 11:56 AM
When I was about six years old I had about 15 stitches put on my forehead, and partially lost 4 of my front teeth, I was back to riding my bike within the hour.

No joke

1Parker1
12-31-2005, 12:46 PM
:lol @ the direction of this thread....

E20
12-31-2005, 07:48 PM
If that happened to Manu, he'd pack the cut with cheese from a courtside order of nachos, stick the jalapenos up his nose and go back to work. The Spurs wouldn't even have to take a timeout.

Have you ever gotten a cut on your face or scalp? It doesn't really hurt. I'm not sure why you are so anxious to go Colorado Tramp Doggie on Kobe just because he came back into the game. He also threw a stupid cheap shot and turned the ball over at the end.
:lol Pop would sit him down. I've gotten a gash on my forehead in the locker room because my forehead ran into the locker and it bled before, during, and after B-Ball practice, my coach said you need stitches, I just slapped a bandage on it.

Obstructed_View
01-01-2006, 01:54 AM
:lol Pop would sit him down. I've gotten a gash on my forehead in the locker room because my forehead ran into the locker and it bled before, during, and after B-Ball practice, my coach said you need stitches, I just slapped a bandage on it.
Okay, now I'm really confused. I thought you were talking about how bad ass Kobe was for coming back into the game with a little cut on his head.

ALVAREZ6
01-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Okay, now I'm really confused. I thought you were talking about how bad ass Kobe was for coming back into the game with a little cut on his head.
I guess he's trying to imply that he's badass.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2006, 10:48 AM
kobe = pansy

E20
01-01-2006, 07:30 PM
You're saying that Manu would play with a cut on his head, I'm saying he won't because Pop would sit him down. Then you said have you ever gotten a cut and I said yes I just explained it. And yes Kobe is a badass player people who fail to recoginize that are stupid.

E20
01-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I guess he's trying to imply that he's badass.

I won't lie, I am pretty badass.

Obstructed_View
01-02-2006, 12:44 AM
You're saying that Manu would play with a cut on his head, I'm saying he won't because Pop would sit him down. Then you said have you ever gotten a cut and I said yes I just explained it. And yes Kobe is a badass player people who fail to recoginize that are stupid.
He's a good player, but not because he came back into the game with a cut on his wittle face. He also came back in and settled a vendetta instead of winning the game. Pretty fucking bad ass. :rolleyes

E20
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
He's a good player, but not because he came back into the game with a cut on his wittle face. He also came back in and settled a vendetta instead of winning the game. Pretty fucking bad ass. :rolleyes
Kobe tried to win the game he scored 45 points and his teammates did score pretty evenly 3 other people beside Kobe in double figures, but the Lakers are still in the rebuilding process and a ball club like Memphis has been together for years and are a tough challenge for them other than that Kobe did a great job, but the elbow to miller, his only flaw in his game is that he lets his ego get the better of him. And I think it's bad ass if you don't that's your opnion.

Bloodline666
01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah, but in the process, ends up costing the team not only that game, but the very next game as well (and most likely their next game coming up, which is against the same opponent as their last game).

1Parker1
01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
That cut looks nasssssssssssssty! :wow

ALVAREZ6
01-02-2006, 03:33 PM
I won't lie, I am pretty badass.
Congrats!!!

E20 is one badass, I mean, he fucking played basketball with a whole entire cut!!!!

I wish I had the balls....

Medvedenko
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Kobe's a dumbass for that flagrant foul...is he sending a message, yes he is, however winning the game is a better message. Oh and the fight with Odom, who gives a shit, that happes a lot in team sports.

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
What was the fight with Odom over??? ANyone have a link to that story?

Oh, Gee!!
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Kobe is a menace and a disgrace

CubanMustGo
01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
What was the fight with Odom over??? ANyone have a link to that story?

According to both, it wasn't a fight:

...Bryant also had to deal with an erroneous report that said he had an altercation with teammate Lamar Odom after Monday night's loss in Washington.

Bryant said he had words with Odom after the game for running the final play wrong.

"Maybe we had clones or something that got into an altercation," Bryant said.

Bryant said things are put in perspective when someone can "falsely report" something.

He said the Lakers will watch whom they talk to because they never know "what snakes there are in the grass."

"That was atrocious reporting," Odom said. "...We didn't come close to a fight. It was just a disagreement on what should have happened at the end of the game and that was it."

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_kobe_31.22919eb4.html

1Parker1
01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info.