PDA

View Full Version : who here has cingular.....

chode_regulator
12-29-2005, 06:52 PM
and what are your thoughts on their overall service? as far as dropped calls, no service areas, customer service and overall experience with them.

CharlieMac
12-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Cingular won't let me do shit with my service unless I switch over my contract from ATT Wireless to them. What a bunch of assholes.

cecil collins
12-29-2005, 07:05 PM
It's not as good as verizon in my experience.

Brodels
12-29-2005, 07:09 PM
It's not as good as verizon in my experience.

Same here.

CDMA all the way!

Marklar MM
12-29-2005, 07:15 PM
With Verizon, you get the "network".

"Can you hear me yet? Good."

ducks
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
horizon was horrible
in az,wy
have cingular now and love it

SpursWoman
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
I {heart} my Sprint. :)

http://laptopmag.com/images/features/gearYear/Treo-650.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
all cell phones suck and are going to cause the entire country to get cancer in ~20 years due to all the microwaves

ChumpDumper
12-29-2005, 08:00 PM
No complaints, but I have pretty much the Ford Maverick of cell phones as I haven't changed it out in about four years. I don't like being that connected....

N.Y. Johnny
12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
No complaints, but I have pretty much the Ford Maverick of cell phones as I haven't changed it out in about four years. I don't like being that connected....

You know you are dead on 100% on that thought.

I have been thinking of switching back to my original Motorola Star Tac, the most venerable and trustiest and faithful phone i've ever owned, it fell many times on the concrete and took lickings and it still powers on and could still work. I saw a Treo 650 up there and I have one of them, and it stinks on ice, I've replaced it 2 times already since getting it in November. I hope everyone else has better luck with them.

I think Cingular unveils the new phones quicker, the fancier and flashiest ones before most everyone, they had the Motorola Razr first and I know the Blackberry 8700 first which is nice.
their service stinks though, I've heard pepole bitch about it and complain about dropouts.

ZStomp
12-29-2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/images/verizon.jpg

Can you hear me now?

The best. The best I say.

N.Y. Johnny
12-29-2005, 09:20 PM

Can you hear me now?

I agree, of all the services I had they're the most reliable one by far.

Cingular and T Mobile totally shit the bed

SpursWoman
12-29-2005, 09:22 PM
User switched from Cingular to Sprint because he always seemed to be having problems...

:fro

ChumpDumper
12-29-2005, 09:26 PM
We have T-Mobile for work -- lots of drops and now my phone is showing the wrong names when getting a call. Odd. Cingular may suck, but it's better than that at least.

All my relatives swear by Sprint.

N.Y. Johnny
12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
User switched from Cingular to Sprint because he always seemed to be having problems...

:fro

Hey SW, How's your Treo?

goddamn what a frustrating mess that thing's been for me, sure it is multimedia friendly and awesome, but the thing has been nothin but a piece of crap for me, i got one in late November and had to replace it 2 times already, and the one i bought was a new one not refurbished.

I hope you have good luck with it. I still love the Blackberry over that stinker.

Faccia di Angelo
12-29-2005, 09:28 PM

Can you hear me now?

Thats what I have too and I'm quite happy with it as well. Love talking for free!

SpursWoman
12-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey SW, How's your Treo?

It's been great so far...but I just got it last night for my birthday. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I have cingular and hate it. I can make a call in my living room with no problems but if I go into my own room then I get shitty reception and even disconnected sometimes.

N.Y. Johnny
12-29-2005, 09:33 PM
It's been great so far...but I just got it last night for my birthday. :lol

Oh god, I do hope you have good luck with it. They're great phones, but I seem to have gotten a bad one, and a friend of mine that has one too has had his go out recently.

Guru of Nothing
12-29-2005, 09:35 PM
I have cingular and hate it. I can make a call in my living room with no problems but if I go into my own room then I get shitty reception and even disconnected sometimes.

Can you h%^* @* )ow?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Can you h%^* @* )ow?

*ack*
I hate cell phones so bad, I can't wait to ditch mine. I threw my first cell phone at the wall so hard it exploded.

bigzak25
12-29-2005, 09:41 PM
and what are your thoughts on their overall service? as far as dropped calls, no service areas, customer service and overall experience with them.

i really like cingular, but they have some error that has me owing them over a thousand dollars and the guy called and i frustrated him so much he hung up on me..so i got to go make a visit and find out what the fuss is about...

but i like the service...although i cannot compare as i have never had a different one. :tu

chode_regulator
12-29-2005, 09:46 PM
i really like cingular, but they have some error that has me owing them over a thousand dollars and the guy called and i frustrated him so much he hung up on me..so i got to go make a visit and find out what the fuss is about...

but i like the service...although i cannot compare as i have never had a different one. :tu
sorta how i am with spritn right now. cant complain too much but i hvae nothign to compare to really.
and to whoever it was bitchig about the treo, that sucks bc i was thinking aboutgetingthat one.
mauybe i should justget a pager instead????? :lol :blah :spin :oops :elephant :huh :tu :td :throwupsp :rollin

Guru of Nothing
12-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Personally, I have Cingular (paid for by the company) on an old Nokia 6161i. A bit cumbersome, but for as little as I use it, I refuse to sell out my own dinaro for something more fashionable.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 09:49 PM
ehhh could you possibly make any less spelling errors pleeze

bigzak25
12-29-2005, 09:50 PM
yah, purty pleeze.

JoeChalupa
12-29-2005, 09:56 PM
We had verizon for years but switched to Sprint since the majority of our family had Sprint. Never had any problems with Verizon.
But Sprint has worked very well for us. Like the early nights too.

chode_regulator
12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
ehhh could i possibly be any more gay pleeze

SA210
12-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Cingular won't let me do shit with my service unless I switch over my contract from ATT Wireless to them. What a bunch of assholes.
Same here, Only I made the switch, don't do it. Cingular is a bunch of a-holes. They say you HAVE to switch, then u switch and if u have any complaints about things, they say, You didn't HAVE to switch.

They're greedy jerks and I'm goin to Sprint or someone else soon.

BabyBrother
12-30-2005, 02:39 AM
On tv, those slimline from cingular for 99 bucks seem cool. Anyone have one?

BabyBrother
12-30-2005, 02:42 AM
My bad. It's called the razr.

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 02:44 AM
I want an MP3 cell phone now...

Nbadan
12-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Cingular sucks, go with Sprint.

Vashner
12-30-2005, 02:55 AM
I use Verizon. Only complaint is no coverage on highway 90 past Hondo heading west.

I was a PrimeCo customer.. remember that stupid little pink teletubby they had? Anyway Verizon ate them up and I got stuck with em.

Das Texan
12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Cingular are greedy bastards, I'm currently dealing with them on a billing issue...

Just switched to T Mobile, I have no complaints as of yet...

The Razr is a sweet phone.

CosmicCowboy
12-30-2005, 11:35 AM
I like cingular...some other services may be better in town but in my experience cingular has the best coverage by far in south texas...I rarely drop coverage even out in the middle of nowhere...several times I have been on ranches in south texas and the guys on other providers would have no coverage and I would have a full signal. Never had any problem with the nationwide long distance either...I seem to get my calls no matter where I am...

Shelly
12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
I have Cingular and the Razr phone. No problems with either.

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
thanks to everyone so far who has posted. except my alter ego CBF, fuck off! :king

Marklar MM
12-30-2005, 04:59 PM
I {heart} my Sprint. :)

http://laptopmag.com/images/features/gearYear/Treo-650.jpg
That is not a phone...it is a Palmone on steroids.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
We have Cingular too. And it works great everywhere (except it doesn't work at all in Hill Country Village).

usckk
12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
I had Cingular. The signals weren't very good. Many of my longer distance calls were not clear. I now use Verizon which is really great.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Cingular is actually great for me for long distance. I use my cell phone a lot for long distance and I never have dropped calls and it's always really clear.

I guess it depends on where you are.

CharlieMac
12-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Same here, Only I made the switch, don't do it. Cingular is a bunch of a-holes. They say you HAVE to switch, then u switch and if u have any complaints about things, they say, You didn't HAVE to switch.

They're greedy jerks and I'm goin to Sprint or someone else soon.

I would have done it too if they weren't being so pushy about it. I can't upgrade my phone, hell do anything to my plan unless I switch over and get a new contract. But I have a great plan when it comes to minutes. Jess and I are paying a total of 79.99 for two lines and 1600 anytime minutes bewtween the two of us. At the time, Cingular had two lines and 900 minutes for the same price. I still have a year left on my contract.

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Cingular is actually great for me for long distance. I use my cell phone a lot for long distance and I never have dropped calls and it's always really clear.

I guess it depends on where you are.
seems like its pretty much a mixed review. too late now as ive already switched. they have a 30 day return policy or whatever so i guess i could get out of it if i dont like it. ive had sprint for 5 yrs and with little problems and hardly and dropped calls/no service areas. we'll see how cingular holds up, especially since i live on an island.

mookie2001
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM
remember when you used to talk with the sprint people all day long?

on your sprint phone

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I would have done it too if they weren't being so pushy about it. I can't upgrade my phone, hell do anything to my plan unless I switch over and get a new contract. But I have a great plan when it comes to minutes. Jess and I are paying a total of 79.99 for two lines and 1600 anytime minutes bewtween the two of us. At the time, Cingular had two lines and 900 minutes for the same price. I still have a year left on my contract.
i justg got 700 anytime minutes, 1/3 of what i had with sprint, unlimited night and weekends, same as sprint, with free mobile to mobile, had that with sprint but dont know manhy people with sprint and know a shitload that have cingular, plus rollover minutes from the anytime which sprint doesnt have, for 70 bucks a month. add in my military discount and my bill will be half of what it was with sprint. and this is for two lines. only thing is with sprint i had free unlimited text messages and internet use, but i never used them.