PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Win Again!!!! This Sucks!!!

manu
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM
WHY???? OMG CANT THEY LOSE??!!!!!
MIAMI WAS CLOSE BUT THEY NOW LOST!!!!
ERRBODY IS TALKIN TOO MUCH ABOUT THEM PISTONS AND ITS DRIVING CRAZY!!!! "OH YEAH PISTONS THIS PISTONS THAT, OMG THEY'RE SO GONNA WINN 70 GAMES!!! THEY'RE THE BEST"
I'VE HAD IT WITH LISTENING TO ALL OF THAT :cuss :stfu :flipoff

Cant_Be_Faded
12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm sure Shaq taking 2 fourth quarter shots had more to do with a loss like this.

Miami really really sucks. Looks like the Pistons are in a conference full of the shittiest teams of all time. See yall bitches in the finals.

Carrera_4S
Which one of you guys said we haven't played any contenders yet...well, I guess you were right about that one...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
ERRBODY IS TALKIN TOO MUCH ABOUT THEM PISTONS AND ITS DRIVING CRAZY!!!! "OH YEAH PISTONS THIS PISTONS THAT, OMG THEY'RE SO GONNA WINN 70 GAMES!!! THEY'RE THE BEST"

Sounds like all the Spurs talk before the season...

ducks
it matters what they do in the playoffs
nobody thought the colts would lose and they did to

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-29-2005, 10:47 PM
The funny thing is that as good as the Pistons are playing they are still going to be calling themselves underdogs come playoff time.

ducks
12-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Sounds like all the Spurs talk before the season...

you have to admit you have question marks about the pistons with a NEW COACH did you not before the season began
and no one would have thought their record would be this good this soon

Cant_Be_Faded
The funny thing is that as good as the Pistons are playing they are still going to be calling themselves underdogs come playoff time.

:lmao no shit

Which one of you guys said we haven't played any contenders yet...well, I guess you were right about that one...

You have played Phoenix without Amare, Dallas, and Spurs without Manu, and lost to Dallas.
2-1 against Contenders.

Pistons are fucking awesome this season, and have been mega lucky in the injury department. Hope both our teams can stay healthy the rest of the season for a killer-rematch.

Oh, Gee!!
This season is too long to worry about about both every Spurs loss and every Pistons win as well. Do yourself a favor, Manu. Focus on the Spurs and forget about the Pistons unless they are playing the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
Give them their due. They're healthy and playing great.

jochhejaam
:lol

Amuseddaysleeper
12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
sick of all the pistons talk?? they have played like they deserved every word of it. i'm sure every other teams fans were sick of all the spurs winning 70 games bullshit at the beginning of the season only to see us struggling to get 60 wins this year

Rummpd
12-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Pistons deserve all the props, let them get the pub for awhile.

manu
12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
sick of all the pistons talk?? they have played like they deserved every word of it. i'm sure every other teams fans were sick of all the spurs winning 70 games bullshit at the beginning of the season only to see us struggling to get 60 wins this year

IM NOT SAYING THEY DONT DESERVE ALL OF THAT TALK, IM JUST SAYING IM REALLY TIRED OF IT!!!!! ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Oh, Gee!!
12-29-2005, 10:53 PM
WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING!!!????

ducks
12-29-2005, 10:54 PM
I hope the media talks about them and pisses of the spurs and the spurs then take it out on the rest of the nba
spurs are not used to being favorites

doldrums
12-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Let them get the attention. The Spurs will benefit by having the spotlight on another team.

12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
I hope the media talks about them and pisses of the spurs and the spurs then take it out on the rest of the nba
spurs are not used to being favorites

I think that's what happened to the Pistons(pissed 'em off) when everyone was talking about Indiana, Miami and San Antonio this offseason...

emo serb
12-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Okay

T Park
12-29-2005, 11:00 PM
WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING!!!????

WHY ARE WE RYMING!!

GET PAM GET PAM!!!!

Give it a good.... WHAM!!!!

think that's what happened to the Pistons(pissed 'em off) when everyone was talking about Indiana, Miami and San Antonio this offseason...

Damn, talking about the defending champions.

I can see how THAT would be disrespectfull.

ambchang
12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I would rather them talk about the Pistons than the Heat, Lakers or Cavs. Pistons are a really good team, and I am glad that a team that emphasize on teamwork is getting the publicity.

Rummpd
12-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Pistons have a lot deeper bench then I thought and right now continue to click on all cylinders, and Billups is playing incredible this year and deserves the MVP right now.

The the only thing is that I do not think Miami walks away thinking they cannot beat them - losing a close one on the road.

That will be a helluva EC finals if they meet up.

ducks
12-29-2005, 11:04 PM
heat problem was mourning did not play enough minutes tonight

Vinnie_Johnson
12-29-2005, 11:09 PM

That's pure class and a smart NBA fan. :king

Pistons < Spurs
12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
you have to admit you have question marks about the pistons with a NEW COACH did you not before the season began
and no one would have thought their record would be this good this soon

Exactly. Ever since we hired Saunders, all I heard from the national media as well as B-Ball fans everywhere including these forums, is how much we would struggle w/out LB.

Those people look foolish now.

Spurologist
12-29-2005, 11:13 PM

props to the pistons. The best team will win the championship regardless of HCA IMO

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-29-2005, 11:15 PM
I can't figure out what was worse - Jason Williams trying to guard Chauncey in the fourth, or Slick Hair McGee thinking that Williams could guard him. Great coaching there.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-29-2005, 11:15 PM
That's pure class and a smart NBA fan. :king

thank you for the compliment. I just think its extremely hypocritical for a spurs fan to complain about a team like the pistons getting too much pep talk when heading into this season we were more hyped than ever. I mean in all honesty, everyone thought the spurs got better while the pistons got weaker especially with a new coach involved. if anything the opposite has happend. The pistons look better than ever, while the spurs have appeared to take much more than just a few steps back. And just b/c we got 2 new role players isn't enough of an excuse for our lacksadasical play. 90% of this team was the same as last year. Its still somewhat early in the season and who knows how these teams will stack up come playoff time, but as of right now, with the Pistons monstrous record, I will gladly tip my hat to them. They are playing like a team that truly wants it and has hunger which they bring every night regardless of who they play. They are playing with a killer instinct that my spurs are severely lacking right now. So HUGE PROPS to the pistons in my book and I can only hope SA can get their shit together in time for a classic finals matchup.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Stan Van Gundy >>>>>>>> Pat Riley

Riley is just riding the cotails of a solid on paper team

why the F does shaq only have 2 shots in the 4th qtr

jason williams is an erratic shooter at best, he shouldn't be shootin so much in the 4th

right now alonzo mourning is 10 times the defender O'neal is

he deserved more minutes or to play alongside shaq more often to comepte with the wallaces

miami had a chance but after sheed's 3 it was downhill from there

boutons_
12-29-2005, 11:21 PM
"why the F does shaq only have 2 shots in the 4th qtr"

Detroit starting fronting Shaq late, plus Shaq wastes possessions when he's fouled and can't hit shit.

T Park
12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
or Slick Hair McGee thinking that Williams could guard him

:rollin

most overrated coach in the history of basketball.

No question.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Nice block and poke away from Ben too. I think Detroit would have started to foul him more in the forth and he was missing FT bad.

12-29-2005, 11:28 PM
I'll never understand why the Heat let EJones walk...

Antoine Walker looks like a solid pick-up :lol

woodseed
12-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Detroit is playing awesome. I was watching the game, and they seemed lethargic and uninterested. But they still won... They are a crazy team... I'm happy I've got Billups on my fantasy team.

Spurologist
12-30-2005, 12:04 AM
"why the F does shaq only have 2 shots in the 4th qtr"

Detroit starting fronting Shaq late, plus Shaq wastes possessions when he's fouled and can't hit shit.

The reason shaq had only two shots in the 4th quarter was b/c Wade was on fire and hitting everything. If got the ball close and was fouled. Well let's say he not the most accurate of ft shooters

Horry For 3!
12-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I don't care how the Pistons do or any team. As long as the Spurs are healthy in the playoffs.

dknights411
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
With Ron Artest on the way out of Indiana, there really isn't anyone stoping Detroit in the East (Maybe Miami, but Detroit now officialy owns South Beach). The million dollar question is can the Pistons keep this momentum up throug April, May and June? And the billion dollar question is what happens if Chauncy, Rip, or Sheed goes down? Anything can still happen.

Brutalis
12-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Posts such as is why I haven't come here as often. Or, maybe it's the Holidays.

I think the only thing Spurs fans need to worry about is fear. Fear in Detroit that at full power San Antonio is the only team that can knock them clear into the dirt. When they don't know that anymore, is when we got problems. Or when I'm tired of listening to Detroit. I'm fucking tired of listening some new team each year but they all have that fear too so everything is o fucking k.

Pistons < Spurs
12-30-2005, 12:16 AM
And the billion dollar question is what happens if Chauncy, Rip, or Sheed goes down? Anything can still happen.

You can say the same thing about any team in the league.

What happens if TD, TP, or Manu goes down?? Anything can still happen!

dknights411
12-30-2005, 12:17 AM
You can say the same thing about any team in the league.

What happens if TD, TP, or Manu goes down?? Anything can still happen!

That's why I said it. One ankle sprain anywhere and all bets are off.

Warlord23
12-30-2005, 12:39 AM

Manu, don't get angry. Instead, rejoice in the rare gift that you possess .. the gift of unintentional comedy. Even your serious posts make people laugh out loud! I for one can testify that I click on all the threads you create with a gleam in my eye, chuckling in anticipation.

As for the Pistons, they're the best team in basketball right now. That said, I'm really eager to find out how Flip Saunders is going to crack the puzzle of coaching in the playoffs. He's never really managed to outwit a Phil or a Pop even with a comparable team. So it should be interesting seeing him match wits with Pat or Pop.

As for the Spurs, if you've followed the last 2 championship runs, 23-7 is just about uncharted territory. The Spurs I know get out of their slumber not before the Rodeo road trip. So I'm satisfied with what's going on, even if HCA in a potential Finals matchup with Detroit looks remote at this point.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
sick of all the pistons talk?? they have played like they deserved every word of it. i'm sure every other teams fans were sick of all the spurs winning 70 games bullshit at the beginning of the season only to see us struggling to get 60 wins this year:tu

They are doing everything right so far this year (though I'm still not convinced about Flip). I just hope if the Pistons have an injury of consequence, none of the yahoos here gloat about it.

The Cougar
12-30-2005, 12:46 AM
The Pistons won...........Give them a cookie

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Manu, don't get angry. Instead, rejoice in the rare gift that you possess .. the gift of unintentional comedy. Even your serious posts make people laugh out loud! I for one can testify that I click on all the threads you create with a gleam in my eye, chuckling in anticipation.

As for the Pistons, they're the best team in basketball right now. That said, I'm really eager to find out how Flip Saunders is going to crack the puzzle of coaching in the playoffs. He's never really managed to outwit a Phil or a Pop even with a comparable team. So it should be interesting seeing him match wits with Pat or Pop.

As for the Spurs, if you've followed the last 2 championship runs, 23-7 is just about uncharted territory. The Spurs I know get out of their slumber not before the Rodeo road trip. So I'm satisfied with what's going on, even if HCA in a potential Finals matchup with Detroit looks remote at this point.

You can't say that the T-Wov's teams were near this Detroit team. :lol

Warlord23
12-30-2005, 01:01 AM
You can't say that the T-Wov's teams were near this Detroit team. :lol

Not at all, but that team underachieved bigtime compared to its talent level. More than once it would win 50 games, and get bounced out of the playoffs in a one-sided manner.
2001-02: 50 wins, swept by the Mavs; all blowouts
2002-03: 50 wins, homecourt in round 1, leading the Lakers 2-1, then 3 straight losses, 2 of them being blowouts
2003-04: 58 games (won last 9 regular season games to get HCA in the West), escaped a close 7-game series against an injury-riddled Kings, then fell again to the Lakers.

Maybe I'm being too presumptuous about Flip, but with his past playoff record, the burden of proof lies on him

Never Give Up On Ur Team
12-30-2005, 01:02 AM
all of yall bitching bout we wont get 60 wins. Well you guys, we are on pace to get 64, and probably more than that because we usually turn on after the all star break. so stop cryin.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Not at all, but that team underachieved bigtime compared to its talent level. More than once it would win 50 games, and get bounced out of the playoffs in a one-sided manner.
2002-03: 50 wins, homecourt in round 1, leading the Lakers 2-1, then 3 straight losses, 2 of them being blowouts
2003-04: 58 games (won last 9 regular season games to get HCA in the West), escaped a close 7-game series against an injury-riddled Kings, then fell again to the Lakers.

Maybe I'm being too presumptuous about Flip, but with his past playoff record, the burden of proof lies on him

Time will tell once the playoffs start we will know if it was Flip or KG and that bunch that lacked heart. :smokin

Vashner
12-30-2005, 01:08 AM
They don't have Big Shot Rob... :lol :spin

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 01:17 AM
They don't have Big Shot Rob... :lol :spin
:depressed Gulp that still stings.

12-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Just a FYI: The Pistons are the only team to start the same starting five in all of their games...

Admidave50
12-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Just a FYI: The Pistons are the only team to start the same starting five in all of their games...

Spurs would have done the same if Ginobili didn't get injured. If he was healthy we wouldn't have these 3 losses during his absence and all that Pistons domination talk wouldn't occur!

Looking forward our next meeting in 14th January! :fro

Obstructed_View
12-30-2005, 02:00 AM
Thank God the Pistons are playing well. I was sick to death of every self-proclaimed NBA expert picking the Spurs to win at the beginning of the year, just because they were too gutless to look at anyone else. I still think the Spurs will win, but it's nice seeing the morons jump to someone else's bandwagon for a while. The Pistons deserve a little recognition. They've been pretty good the past few years when they want to be, and they deserve not to have their coach hogging up their spotlight.

12-30-2005, 02:21 AM
And people wonder why the Pistons feel they don't get any respect?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime

FreshPrince22
12-30-2005, 02:29 AM

I would say you had point if it weren't for the fact that Flip has coached 1 NBA team with 1 Star the entire time. If he had done it with another team or two I would agree, but that isn't the case. This could be an issue with KG, not Flip.

Also the fact that they only had homecourt in 2 of those 1st round series'. The one they lost was to a Laker team that slept their way through the regular season and had only a couple less wins than the Wolves. Most people looked at the Lakers as favorites in this one anyways. The other time, they made it to the conference finals, just to have Cassell get injured in the 3rd quarter of game 1 and ended up losing in 6. Without injuries, who knows?

FreshPrince22
12-30-2005, 02:31 AM

:nope

Obstructed_View
12-30-2005, 02:43 AM

The Pistons should be happy with the respect they are getting IMO. They are the best team in the league right now, but they aren't far and away the best team.

BTW, Legler picked the Timberwolves to represent the west last year.

12-30-2005, 02:47 AM
The Pistons should be happy with the respect they are getting IMO. They are the best team in the league right now, but they aren't far and away the best team.

BTW, Legler picked the Timberwolves to represent the west last year.

True, but the timing of the article is rather ridiculous.

BTW, his points on why the Heat will win are rather vague and, for lack of a better word, shitty IMO...

Obstructed_View
12-30-2005, 03:18 AM
True, but the timing of the article is rather ridiculous.

BTW, his points on why the Heat will win are rather vague and, for lack of a better word, shitty IMO...
See the last line of my previous post. Legler is a moron, and he's grasping at straws to defend a moronic gutless pick of Miami even though they have a roster full of team-killers. He also has to come up with something to talk about. I don't envy him that part of his job.

My point was simply this: The Pistons are healthy, they are playing with confidence and they are beating the teams they should beat. They should enjoy the praise they are getting. Oh by the way, they are only two and a half games ahead of the Spurs, who have played like shit most of the year. How confident are you in the Pistons if they don't have home-court in the finals? At this time last season the Spurs were a game and a half behind Phoenix.

I've mentioned that the Heat are going to have to get quite a bit better to beat the Pistons, but I don't know how much better the Pistons can get to beat the Spurs if both teams are playing good ball.

Rummpd
12-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Tim Legler, as usual makes moronic statements and then cannot argue them in a coherent manner. He basically says fear Miami because of Riley and Shaq.

The duplicative Riley? He truly sucked as a coach in his two last stints in NY and Miami when it counted, often losing in upsets in the first round and it was his inane front office skils that brought in the "defensive non-stalwarts" of Walker and Williams and got rid of Eddie Jones.

Shaq, who seems to be aging before our eyes, was not overly dominant last night - he shot less than 50%, took two FG attempts in the 4th as he was fronted wonderfully by the Pistons, had a key shot blocked by Ben Wallace in his face leading to a fast break, and pulled down a measly 6 rebounds.

If the Heat get by the Pistons it will be due to Wade, who was impressive last night especially on his mid range jumper, not Shaq.

jochhejaam
12-30-2005, 08:13 AM
It's always nice to have the respect of sports announcers but I honestly couldn't care less if they think another team is better, moreso because it's Tim Legler. I remember just 2 years ago when the Knicks picked up a bunch of worn out veterans how the Sam A(nnoying) Smith and others picked up the mantra of "the Knicks are coming out of the East", what a joke! Some of them are entertainers and some are good analysts, Tim IMO is neither.

We're getting plenty of respect from most other teams and even opposing fans, that in my opinion is worth much more than T L's view.

Shaq running out of energy in the second half/4th quarter is nothing new, it's been going on for the last couple of years. That block of his shot by Ben in the 4th quarter probably wouldn't have happened 5 years ago, Shaq had no legs or lift, father time is catching up with the big guy. On top of that he's not someone you want at the line at any time during the game. He's getting to the point where he's almost a liability in crunch-time late against good teams.

Great success for both of our teams to this point and I expect a big run for the Spurs now that Manu is back to add to their already impressive start of 23-7.

TwoHandJam
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
The Spurs have been sleepwalking through the season yet they have still done better with their playoff "hangover" or malaise than the Pistons of last year. I have been very disappointed with some of the losses this year but a 23-7 record with much of the season ahead of us is nothing to be ashamed of.

The Pistons have been bringing it every night and deserve any props that they get. The only thing I would worry about if I were a Pistons fan is the ability to maintain this level of excellence for the rest of the year and into the playoffs. It's a long season and it's very difficult to maintain the pace they've been setting. If the Spurs were playing this way I'd be nervous that they were peaking too soon - but hey, that's just me. You can't fault the Pistons for playing great ball.

Barring any unforseen disasters, a Pistons-Spurs final this year would truly be an awesome series.

Extra Stout
12-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Pistons are the shizz.

We Spurs fans are gripping and we should be. Chauncey & Rip are having career years. McDyess is looking more and more like the old Dice.

If the Spurs have all their guns, they can compete, but this Pistons team is better than the one that it took seven games and some Horry heroics to squeak by.

And this year Detroit likely will have HCA.

Spurs will need a major nut check to repeat.

Nikos
12-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Pistons are the shizz.

We Spurs fans are gripping and we should be. Chauncey & Rip are having career years. McDyess is looking more and more like the old Dice.

If the Spurs have all their guns, they can compete, but this Pistons team is better than the one that it took seven games and some Horry heroics to squeak by.

And this year Detroit likely will have HCA.

Spurs will need a major nut check to repeat.

Almost sounds like you are giving the Pistons the title.

Phenomanul
12-30-2005, 10:22 AM
From Elias Sports Bureau...

"Shaquille O'Neal scored 11 points in the first quarter of the Heat's loss to the Pistons. That equaled the highest first-period total ever by a center starting opposite Ben Wallace. The only others to oppose Wallace and score 11 points in the first period were David Robinson (2001) and Kevin Willis (1999).

1Parker1
12-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Pistons have the best starting five in the NBA. They are playing like a team that was 8 minutes away in a Game 7 of the NBA Finals from repeating. They have something to prove and they certainly are proving it.

I can't see anyone in the East dethroning them (unless maybe the Sixers :lmao! J/K that was homerism on my part). People can talk crap about Flip Saunders and his record all they want. But the fact is, the Pistons players are good enough themselves and have the experience and comfort of playing with eachother for years that they can overcome these coaching changes.

Extra Stout
12-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Almost sounds like you are giving the Pistons the title.
I'm sorry that an honest assessment of the Spurs' challenges to overcome makes you want to suck your thumb.

Senator Joseph McCarthy
12-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry that an honest assessment of the Spurs' challenges to overcome makes you want to suck your thumb.

Each public statement like this only emboldens our enemies and makes them all the more confident that they face an opponent who is not up to their challenge. Perhaps you and all of the other "fellow travelers" around here would be happier if you were all deported to a Detroit Pistons fan board!

boutons_
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Pistons have a pretty easy January:

Tue 3 Orlando
Fri 6 Seattle
Sat 7 Utah <<<<< but Pistons will want payback
Tue 10 @ NO/Okla. City
Thu 12 @ San Antonio <<<<<
Sat 14 Charlotte
Mon 16 Boston
Wed 18 @ Atlanta
Thu 19 @ New York
Sun 22 Houston
Tue 24 @ Minnesota
Wed 25 Milwaukee
Fri 27 Memphis <<<<<
Sun 29 L.A. Lakers
Tue 31 @ New Jersey <<<<<

I can see 15-1, 14-2 max being very possible.

Spurs could be Piston's only loss, if Spurs decide to play.

25 - 3 thru end of Dec

14 - 2 in Jan

39 - 5 thru end of Jan??

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Each public statement like this only emboldens our enemies and makes them all the more confident that they face an opponent who is not up to their challenge. Perhaps you and all of the other "fellow travelers" around here would be happier if you were all deported to a Detroit Pistons fan board!

Im going to go out on a limb to say I am pretty sure The Pistons are not reading any of your posts. :spin

FreshPrince22
12-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Pistons have a tough one against a rested Cavs team in Cleveland tomorrow morning. Can't sleep on them at "the Q". They may suck on the road, but they're 12-3 at home.

Senator Joseph McCarthy
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Im going to go out on a limb to say I am pretty sure The Pistons are not reading any of your posts. :spin

That's just the sort of subterfuge that I and any other diligent Spurs defender would expect from a Pistons player posting under an assumed name. Not only that, but as you may or may not be aware a person does not even have to register to this sight in order to view it! This lax security allows the Carlos Delfino's of the world to tell all of their friends in the Pistons blue, white, and RED(!!!) nation that the fans of the greatest team in the world are disjointed and in turmoil. Thus they enter the SBC center not with a proper sense of fear or awe of the Spurs fans, but content in the knowledge that one in three of them may actually be a card carrying Pistons fan!

I will not rest until they are all exposed!

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 03:37 PM
That's just the sort of subterfuge that I and any other diligent Spurs defender would expect from a Pistons player posting under an assumed name. Not only that, but as you may or may not be aware a person does not even have to register to this sight in order to view it! This lax security allows the Carlos Delfino's of the world to tell all of their friends in the Pistons blue, white, and RED(!!!) nation that the fans of the greatest team in the world are disjointed and in turmoil. Thus they enter the SBC center not with a proper sense of fear or awe of the Spurs fans, but content in the knowledge that one in three of them may actually be a card carrying Pistons fan!

I will not rest until they are all exposed!

What the fans think means nothing cause I am sure The Spurs know they can beat any team when there are playing right.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2005, 03:49 PM

:lmao

Are you now or have you ever been Marcus Bryant?

mavsfan1000
12-30-2005, 07:21 PM
heat problem was mourning did not play enough minutes tonight
Yeah I agree. Mourning should get somewhere between 20-25 minutes a night. This would also prevent Shaq from wearing down late in games. Alot of coaches don't seem to utilize their bench as well as they could.

Nikos
12-30-2005, 10:15 PM

Makes me want to suck my thumb? WTF? I'm sorry I didn't praise your post and agree with you. Actually I didn't even really disagree with how Pistons are playing right now. But its WAY to early in the season, and the Spurs haven't even been healthy and acclimated and your already making it sound like it will be an impossibility to beat the Pistons.

I'm sorry if I didn't start praying that the Spurs would get better and ever be on the same level as the Pistons because they are 23-7 without being at full strength. I apologize, next time I will bow down to your posts and continue to suck my thumb on the account of your sarcasm.

SenorSpur
12-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Gotta love what the Pistons management and team have done so far. They lost the title and their coach, but didn't panic. No wholesale changes over the offseason, they simply picked the best coach among those available, tweaked the roster and offense and now they're back better than ever.

Unlike Miami, they know both their system and players work. I do admire their "team first" philosophy. They're kinda like the Spurs in the Eastern Conference. They "fly under the radar", don't get a lot of credit and before you know it - they're in the Finals.

We're still going to take them in the NBA Finals, though.

See you in June

sanman53
12-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I also think we will meet them in the finals again. Even though 2005 was a great finals, I think a rematch would be great for the NBA! I dont think my heart could handle another game 7 though. But, I am thinking WAY ahead and a lot can happen in the "preseason". Im ready for the season to begin in April! This should be a great playoff season for the NBA. The NBA is AWESOME!

Obstructed_View
12-31-2005, 01:05 AM
Since none of the Finals games from last year was in the ESPN top ten games of the year (a little league game, however, was) I doubt the conventional wisdom would be excited about a Spurs Pistons final.

geerussell
12-31-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm sure Shaq taking 2 fourth quarter shots had more to do with a loss like this.

Shaq fading down the stretch is getting to be a very old bit. He has done it for the last three years consistently. He is simply too big and too old to play for four quarters any more.

mavsfan1000
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM
They shouldn't have to rely so much on Shaq. Mourning can play 20-25 productive minutes. Probably get like 5 blocks in that time. Mourning is playing unbelievable this year.

Rummpd
12-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Today they had a surprising lopsided loss, and their 2nd such blowout to a good team on the road (the Mavs, the only other top five team they have played on the road!) or an aberration? Time will tell!

ahb
12-31-2005, 04:41 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers are not a top-5 team.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Darn it down to 20 games above 500 this sucks.

Sportman
12-31-2005, 05:29 PM
well pistons lost, and thatīs great!!!!!!!!

Rummpd
12-31-2005, 08:13 PM
"The Cleveland Cavaliers are not a top-5 team."

Marty Burns of SI diagrees with you!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/12/30/power.ranks.1230/index.html

ahb
12-31-2005, 10:31 PM
My regards to Marty Burns of SI. Still not impressed with the Cavs. They won't be a challenge in the playoffs against any good team, assuming they make the playoffs at all.

jochhejaam
01-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Today they had a surprising lopsided loss, and their 2nd such blowout to a good team on the road (the Mavs, the only other top five team they have played on the road!) or an aberration? Time will tell!
Beat soundly but not a blowout, it makes losing a little easier when as a fan you realize the main reason for losing was missing a basketfull of uncontested shots.

Losing 2 on the road to good teams? That's why we're fighting for HCA. :)

Rummpd
01-01-2006, 09:09 AM
The race for HCA is definetely not over. The Spurs seemingly slept through the first two months of the season, while Detroit played its best, and right now sit only 3 games back in the loss column.

If the Spurs take the revenge game in two weeks could get very interesting but Detroit seems to have the easier schedule as far as remaining top teams as home vs. road.

Why = consider the top teams this season as Detroit, Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Cavs, Nets, Suns, Grizz?

Pistons have
the following schedule with "13 top teams" (8 home, 5 away)
Spurs have their schedule below that with 14 top teams (7 home and 7 away)

DETROIT
Orlando 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 6 Seattle 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 7 Utah 7:30pm WDIV NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 10 @ NO/Okla. City 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Thu 12 @ San Antonio 8:00pm -- TNT WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 14 Charlotte 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Mon 16 Boston 3:30pm FSN Detroit NBATV WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 18 @ Atlanta 7:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Thu 19 @ New York 8:00pm -- TNT WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 22 Houston 6:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 24 @ Minnesota 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 25 Milwaukee 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 27 Memphis 8:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 29 L.A. Lakers 6:30pm WDWB/WB20 ESPN WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 31 @ New Jersey 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Feb Opponent Time* Local TV National TV Radio
Wed 1 Minnesota 7:30pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 3 @ Philadelphia 8:00pm FSN Detroit ESPN WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 4 @ Indiana 8:00pm WDIV NBATV WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 7 @ Atlanta 7:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 8 L.A. Clippers 7:30pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 10 @ Orlando 7:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 12 @ Miami 3:30pm -- ABC WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 14 New Jersey 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 21 Atlanta 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Thu 23 Indiana 8:00pm -- TNT WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 24 @ Chicago 8:30pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 26 Cleveland 12:00pm -- ABC WDFN-AM 1130
Mon 27 @ Cleveland 7:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Mar Opponent Time* Local TV National TV Radio
Wed 1 @ Denver 9:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 3 @ Seattle 10:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 4 @ L.A. Lakers 10:30pm WDWB/WB20 NBATV WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 8 Chicago 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 11 @ Washington 7:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 12 Charlotte 6:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 15 @ Toronto 7:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP, SCORE WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 17 @ New York 7:30pm WDWB/WB20 NBATVHighDef WDFN-AM 1130
Sat 18 @ Charlotte 7:30pm WDIV NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Mon 20 Atlanta 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 22 Miami 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 ESPN WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 24 @ Indiana 7:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 26 New Jersey 3:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 28 Dallas 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBATV WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 29 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 31 Milwaukee 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Apr Opponent Time* Local TV National TV Radio
Sun 2 Phoenix 1:00pm -- ABC WDFN-AM 1130
Tue 4 NO/Okla. City 7:30pm FSN Detroit NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Thu 6 @ Miami 8:00pm -- TNT WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 7 @ Orlando 7:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 9 Indiana 1:00pm -- ABC WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 12 Cleveland 8:00pm FSN Detroit ESPN WDFN-AM 1130
Fri 14 @ Toronto 7:00pm FSN Detroit NBALP, TSN WDFN-AM 1130
Sun 16 New York 6:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBATVHighDef WDFN-AM 1130
Mon 17 @ Milwaukee 8:00pm WDWB/WB20 NBALP WDFN-AM 1130
Wed 19 Washington

SPURS

Wed 4 Portland 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Fri 6 Minnesota 7:00pm FSNSW ESPN2
Sat 7 @ Phoenix 8:00pm FSNSW NBATV
Tue 10 New Jersey 7:30pm FSNSW NBATVHighDef
Thu 12 Detroit 7:00pm -- TNT
Sat 14 Memphis 7:30pm WB35 NBALP
Mon 16 @ Memphis 7:00pm -- TNT
Wed 18 Milwaukee 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Fri 20 @ Miami 7:00pm KENS ESPN
Sun 22 Denver 12:00pm -- ABC
Tue 24 Charlotte 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Wed 25 @ NO/Okla. City 7:00pm WB35 NBALP
Sat 28 Minnesota 7:30pm WB35 NBATV
Mon 30 @ Utah 8:00pm WB35 NBALP
Feb Opponent Time* Local TV National TV
Wed 1 @ Portland 9:00pm WB35 NBALP
Thu 2 @ Golden State 9:30pm FSNSW TNT
Wed 8 @ Toronto 6:00pm FSNSW NBALP, SCORE
Fri 10 @ New Jersey 6:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Sun 12 @ Indiana 12:00pm -- ABC
Mon 13 @ Cleveland 6:00pm WB35 NBALP
Wed 15 @ Philadelphia 6:00pm FSNSW NBALP
Tue 21 Seattle 7:30pm KENS NBALP
Fri 24 @ Memphis 7:00pm KENS NBALP
Sat 25 Golden State 7:30pm KENS NBALP
Mon 27 New York 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Mar Opponent Time* Local TV National TV
Thu 2 Dallas 8:30pm -- TNT
Sat 4 Portland 7:30pm WB35 NBALP
Mon 6 @ L.A. Lakers 9:30pm WB35 NBALP
Tue 7 @ L.A. Clippers 9:30pm KENS NBALP
Thu 9 @ Phoenix 9:30pm -- TNT
Fri 10 L.A. Lakers 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Sun 12 Houston 2:30pm -- ABC
Tue 14 NO/Okla. City 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Fri 17 Phoenix 7:30pm WB35 NBALP
Sat 18 @ Houston 7:30pm WB35 NBATV
Tue 21 Golden State 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Wed 22 @ Denver 9:30pm WB35 ESPN
Fri 24 @ Portland 9:00pm WB35 NBALP
Sun 26 @ Seattle 6:30pm FSNSW ESPN
Tue 28 @ L.A. Clippers 9:30pm WB35 NBALP
Thu 30 @ L.A. Lakers 9:30pm WB35 TNT
Apr Opponent Time* Local TV National TV
Sat 1 Washington 7:30pm WB35 NBALP
Tue 4 @ Utah 8:00pm WB35 NBALP
Wed 5 Sacramento 8:30pm FSNSW ESPN
Fri 7 Dallas 7:30pm KENS NBALP
Sun 9 Memphis 6:00pm WB35 NBATV
Tue 11 Seattle 7:30pm FSNSW NBATVHighDef
Thu 13 Orlando 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Sun 16 @ Minnesota 12:00pm -- ABC
Mon 17 Utah 7:30pm FSNSW NBALP
Wed 19 @ Houston 7:00pm KENS ESPN

The Spurs may benefit from their tough January stretch with lots of rest between games wil be interesting, and various teams may get better when others regress (i.e. Indiana with the right pickup could be right back in it, as could Denver if they picked up Artest).

boutons_
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
For Spurs to win Finals HCA, the Pistons have to lose 4 more games than the Spurs from now to 19 Apr.

The Pistons have lost 2 games per month for Nov/Dec. Let's assume "optimistically" that they do 100% worse for the rest of the season and lose 4 games/month, 1 per week, for Jan-Apr (which is Spurs rate of losing for Nov/Dec), giving the Pistons 14 more losses to come + 4 L to date = 18L / 64 W.

That would mean the Spurs can have only 10 more Ls, to finish 17L / 65W to win Finals HCA outright.

There is possibility of a tie, so note tiebreak rules:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/7164305

Statement or no statement, the Spurs have to get the split on 12 Jan, because one must assume that the Pistons will have a better record vs weaker EC than the Spurs will have vs stronger WC.

The only thing for sure today is that the Spurs are -4L from outright Finals HCA. :)