PDA

View Full Version : If The Spurs and Pistons became one team Who would your Starters be?

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Here is mine.

Duncan
Sheed
Prince
Ginobili
Billups

Off the bench
Ben Wallace
Bowen
Parker
Dice
Hunter for his defence
Horry for his big shots
Darko so he can hand out waters

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 11:24 AM
My bad I forgot Rip.

Duncan21
12-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Duncan
R. Wallace
Bowen
Ginobili
Billups

BigVee
12-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Duncan
Rasheed
Ben
Manu
Billups

75-7

MI21
12-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Nesterovic

:spin

Walton Buys Off Me
12-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Tayshaun Prince
Manu Ginobili
Chauncey Billups

No Brainer.....

T Park
12-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Tayshaun Prince
Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups

Ginobili
Parker
Sheed
Bowen
Mcdyssssssssss

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 11:41 AM
lets see who is on the bench too and why

1Parker1
12-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Nesterovic

:spin

:lol :tu Although, as long as we're playing the "Things that will never happen in a million years game" let's through in Ben Wallace instead of Rasho for Center :)

Bloodline666
12-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Starters:
Center: Tim Duncan (he even started a game at Center earlier this season with Big Shot Bob starting at Power Forward.)
Power Forward: Rasheed Wallace
Small Forward: Bruce Bowen (to put the breaks on any opposing superstar player from PG to PF)
Shooting Guard: Manu Ginobili
Point Guard: Chauncey Billups

Bench:
6th Man: Ben Wallace (back-up center for Timmy or Sheed)
7th Man: Michael Finley (back-up for Manu or Bruce)
8th Man: Rip Hamilton (back-up for Manu)
9th Man: Tayshaun Prince (back-up for Bruce)
10th Man: Tony Parker (back-up for Chauncey)
11th Man: Nick Van Exel (back-up for Tony and Chauncey)
12th Man: Robert Horry (back-up for Sheed)

Injured/Inactive Reserve:
IR1: Rasho Nesterovic
IR2: Antonio McDyess
IR3: Lindsey Hunter

Too many good players on both teams, especially within the starting line-ups, to come up with a good starting line-up in a Pistons/Spurs "Dream Team", so to speak. And, such a team would be scary, because both the Pistons and the Spurs seem to have the same philosophy with regards to winning games, defense, and teamwork, so it was no surprise that their NBA Finals series went all the way to the max for a "Winner Take All" game to end the season. I have a feeling this season's Finals will be a rematch between the two teams and go to Game 7 AGAIN! Don't ask me why I have this feeling. It's just a gut feeling I have.

FreshPrince22
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Billups
Manu
Prince
Sheed
Duncan

That is one crazy offense/defense lineup. All but Duncan can nail that three with regularity and all are great defenders.

Bench:
1- Ben
2- Rip
3- Tony
4- Bowen
5- Dice
6- Evans
7- Horry

IR: Finley, Van Ex, Delfino

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Parker
Ginobilli
Nestrovic
Bowen
Duncan

;)

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Big Ben
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Billups

angel_luv
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
A Spurs and Piston combo- quite a bipolar mix of personalities don't you think?

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 01:57 PM
A Spurs and Piston combo- quite a bipolar mix of personalities don't you think?

Whoa! look who it is....

Kori Ellis
12-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Starters:
Ben Wallace
Duncan
Bowen
Rip
Chauncey

Bench:
Tayshaun
Rasheed
McDyess
Manu
Tony (though Tony would suck off the bench)
Horry
Mo Evans

jochhejaam
12-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Starters
Duncan
B. Wallace
Tayshaun
Billups
Rip

Bench
Rasheed
Ginoboli
Parker
Bowen
Mcdyess
Arroyo
Nazr

Roster
Delfino
Finley
Evans

Rip and Manu was actually a toss-up for starters but Rip doesn't get hurt as often. I took more scoring with Tay over Bruce sacrificing some defensive intensity. Way too many good players.

angel_luv
12-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Whoa! look who it is....

Left any Spurs games early lately? :lol

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Left any Spurs games early lately? :lol

Only the boring ones.....like against the Celtics

Bruno
12-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Starters :
Duncan
R. Wallace
Bowen
Hamilton
Billups

Bench :
B. Wallace
McDyess
Prince
Ginobili
Parker
Finley
Horry

Inactive List : they deserve a ring
Reggie Miller
John Stockton
Me :p

angel_luv
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Only the boring ones.....like against the Celtics

New Year's resolution for you: Stop being a slacker! :lol

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
New Year's resolution for you: Stop being a slacker! :lol

You know I didn't feel like going to the game to begin with- another reason to leave a bit earlier and beat the traffic. ;)

Stop picking on me!

angel_luv
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
You know I didn't feel like going to the game to begin with- another reason to leave a bit earlier and beat the traffic. ;)

Stop picking on me!

I resolve not to say another word.

I'll give my material to Sandra to tell you. :lol

ducks
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I would trade some starters for high draft picks or high prospects

Supergirl
12-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Starters:
Tim Duncan
Ben Wallace
Chauncey Billups
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobili

Bench:
Tony Parker
Tayshaun Prince
Robert Horry
Rasheed Wallace
Rip Hamilton
Antonio McDyess
Michael Finley

Now that would be a hell of a team!

Phenomanul
12-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Starters:
Ben Wallace
Duncan
Bowen
Rip
Chauncey

Bench:
Tayshaun
Rasheed
McDyess
Manu
Horry
Mo Evans

Are you using the "Manu Instant Bench Offesnse" approach where he would get more minutes than Rip theory... Or are you considering Rip the better player period???

ZStomp
12-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I resolve not to say another word.

I'll give my material to Sandra to tell you. :lol

I'm only kidding! Bring it on woman!

ShoogarBear
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

spurschick
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Starters:
Tim Duncan
Ben Wallace
Bruce Bowen
Chauncey Billups
Manu Ginobili/Rip Hamilton

I really couldn't decide between Manu and Rip as starters. I think that either one can contribute as a starter and off the bench, so it's really a toss up. I agree that Tony would suck off the bench, so I would probably have to trade him.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Are you using the "Manu Instant Bench Offesnse" approach where he would get more minutes than Rip theory... Or are you considering Rip the better player period???

I'm using the theory that Rip is the leading scorer amongst any Pistons or Spurs player, so I don't think he should come off the bench.

Don't worry, Manu would still get a lot of postseason minutes. :)

Phenomanul
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm using the theory that Rip is the leading scorer amongst any Pistons or Spurs player, so I don't think he should come off the bench.

Don't worry, Manu would still get a lot of postseason minutes. :)

Either way.... Ginobili would be the best 6th man in the history of the sport were this team ever assembled. And yes... come playoff time Ginobili would leave his imprint on the destiny of the team.

baseline bum
12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Bring back the Tri-Towers offense:

C - Ben Wallace
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Rasheed Wallace
SG - Manu Ginobili
PG - Chauncey Billups

Marklar MM
12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
1-Ben
2-Sheed
3-McDyess
4-Duncan
5-Rasho

81-1 right there. Ben getting 8 apg off lobs, Sheed turning into Tmac(offensively), Dice be draining that J, Duncan do what Duncan do...bank shots off backboard off Ben passes. And Rasho...he do whatever the hell Rasho do.

2centsworth
12-30-2005, 05:12 PM
RIP over Manu, not in this lifetime. The only scoring that counts is in crunch time, and Manu is the best we got.

Billups
Manu
Bruce
Tim
Big Ben

bench

Rasheed
Rip
Tony (instant offense off the bench)
Horry
Prince

ShoogarBear
12-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Either way.... Ginobili would be the best 6th man in the history of the sport were this team ever assembled. And yes... come playoff time Ginobili would leave his imprint on the destiny of the team.

Here we go again . . . Better than Havlicek? Better than Bobby Jones? Better than Kevin McHale or Ricky Pierce?

Why is it that Manu has always to be the "best in history/best ever/greatest" at something instead of what he is . . . very damn good.

2centsworth
12-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Here we go again . . . Better than Havlicek? Better than Bobby Jones? Better than Kevin McHale or Ricky Pierce?

Why is it that Manu has always to be the "best in history/best ever/greatest" at something instead of what he is . . . very damn good.
Manu is fantastic and would compare favorably if not better than any of those players. Do you not see the difference in the team when Manu plays. they are almost unbeatable.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
:rolleyes

Silver21_Black20
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Stop picking on me!

Damn...that will be the last time I invite YOU to a game... :depressed

Sportman
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
I will choose

Oberto
Milicic
Delfino
Udrih
Evans

They never play so they deserve a chance!!!

Spurologist
12-30-2005, 05:45 PM
TP
TD
Manu
Sheed
Prince

COACH: POP
Assistant: PJ
Water boy: Flip Saunders
Alternate Water boy/Roster filler: Arroyo

Billups > TP
TP start > TP bench

Bench
1- Billups
2- Big Ben
3- Rip
4- Mcdyess
5- Bruce
6- Finley
7- Barry

The Rest: Ball Boys/Roster Fillers/Towel boys

Mark in Austin
12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Starters:

C Duncan
PF Rasheed Wallace
SF Prince
G Billups
G Parker

off bench:

Ginobili
Ben Wallace
Hamilton
Bowen
McDyess
Horry
Van Exel

SouthernFried
12-30-2005, 06:49 PM
TD
BIG BEN
MANU
BILLUPS
BOWEN

ayup

Frenchise player
12-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Ben Wallace
Duncan
Bowen
Billups
Parker

Bench:
Ginobili
McDyess (I would rather have him than Rasheed)
Prince

I think that this combo of point guard would be deadly and I prefer Manu coming of the bench.
You can trade the rest it doesn't matter, it will still be the best team in the league.
Actually it should be better to trade Rasheed because he would cause chemistry problem as soon as he would be on the bench. I don't really like Rip. He's just too one-dimensional and Bowen owns him.
The best is that this team should be under the salary cap (I'm not sure about that) and surely under the luxary tax.

Phenomanul
12-30-2005, 09:26 PM

This is a fantasy type question no????

I was implying that Ginobili would be the only 'starter' to embrace whatever role was given to him and excel at it.... be it coming off the bench or not.

By phrasing it the way I did, I was conveying that he would play as well as any starter regardless of being delegated to the bench.....

Simple as that. I didn't mean to spark a higher-arching debate....

FreshPrince22
12-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Actually it should be better to trade Rasheed because he would cause chemistry problem as soon as he would be on the bench.

Honestly?? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Go buy a clue before you post. Rasheed is the least selfish player on either of these teams. He's TOO unselfish.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Honestly?? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Go buy a clue before you post. Rasheed is the least selfish player on either of these teams. He's TOO unselfish.

That's fine it's funny how people think he is this big Cancer :lol :lol :lol

JamStone
12-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Chauncey Billups > Nick Van Exel > Lindsey Hunter
Manu Ginobili > Rip Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince > Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan > Rasheed Wallace > Robert Horry
Ben Wallace > Nazr Mohammed

I would rather start Rasheed over Ben, but I don't think Ben would be as effective off the bench. It's the same reason I don't have Tony Parker on the team. I would rather have Chauncey start, but I don't think Tony Parker would take very kindly not starting (someone intimated this notion as they played TP over Billups because TP would be more effective starting than coming off the bench, but I would have to have Billups start even though Parker has had a great season as well), and if Nick Van Exel is healthy, he's a great back-up point guard option for 10-15 minutes. I think Nazr would be the best "fourth" big man option, since there would be little time to offer with Tim, Ben, and Rasheed all getting about 30-35 minutes each. I chose Manu over Rip to start because (quite frankly) Manu is the better player, but also with Tim Duncan as the focal point of the scoring for the starters, Rip could be more of the focal point of the scoring for the bench.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-30-2005, 10:33 PM

I would rather start Rasheed over Ben, but I don't think Ben would be as effective off the bench. It's the same reason I don't have Tony Parker on the team. I would rather have Chauncey start, but I don't think Tony Parker would take very kindly not starting (someone intimated this notion as they played TP over Billups because TP would be more effective starting than coming off the bench, but I would have to have Billups start even though Parker has had a great season as well), and if Nick Van Exel is healthy, he's a great back-up point guard option for 10-15 minutes. I think Nazr would be the best "fourth" big man option, since there would be little time to offer with
Tim, Ben, and Rasheed all getting about 30-35 minutes each. I chose Manu over Rip to start because (quite frankly) Manu is the better player, but also with Tim Duncan as the focal point of the scoring for the starters, Rip could be more of the focal point of the scoring for the bench.

That team I don't think would lose a game. :hat

MI21
12-30-2005, 10:35 PM

Nah he wouldn't, that would be Eva's job :angel

And please Shoogarbear, Manu > Havlicek. Please get a clue! :blah

Warlord23
12-30-2005, 11:28 PM

I would rather start Rasheed over Ben, but I don't think Ben would be as effective off the bench. It's the same reason I don't have Tony Parker on the team. I would rather have Chauncey start, but I don't think Tony Parker would take very kindly not starting (someone intimated this notion as they played TP over Billups because TP would be more effective starting than coming off the bench, but I would have to have Billups start even though Parker has had a great season as well), and if Nick Van Exel is healthy, he's a great back-up point guard option for 10-15 minutes. I think Nazr would be the best "fourth" big man option, since there would be little time to offer with Tim, Ben, and Rasheed all getting about 30-35 minutes each. I chose Manu over Rip to start because (quite frankly) Manu is the better player, but also with Tim Duncan as the focal point of the scoring for the starters, Rip could be more of the focal point of the scoring for the bench.

I concur, though I'd keep Finley over Van Exel for some more swingman depth, plus I haven't been too impressed with Van Exel's play so far

Warlord23
12-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Nah he wouldn't, that would be Eva's job :angel

And please Shoogarbear, Manu > Havlicek. Please get a clue! :blah

Ha-ha, good one.

But seriously, Havlicek averaged 29 ppg, 9 rpg, 8 apg in his best season. Apart from Oscar, Magic and Michael no one has shown that kind of all-round performance. If Kobe Bryant or Tracy McGrady averaged those numbers in some year, some of their more fervent jockers will be proclaiming them the best of all-time etc.

Manu just hasn't had to do that much, because the Spurs have several weapons.

sanman53
12-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Interesting stuff,

Who would you all have as head coach of your team? Pop or Flip?

phyzik
12-30-2005, 11:40 PM
the important question if this where to happen would be what is the team name?

Pisturs or Spurtons? :elephant

ducks
12-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Interesting stuff,

Who would you all have as head coach of your team? Pop or Flip?

flip for the o
pop for the d

ShoogarBear
12-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Interesting stuff,

Who would you all have as head coach of your team? Pop or Flip?About the only guy who's coached both teams? :spin

T Park
12-31-2005, 12:38 AM
plus I haven't been too impressed with Van Exel's play so far

What did you expect.

12 and 8 assists?

The guy's minutes are being limited, and his best time is playoff time.

FreshPrince22
12-31-2005, 01:12 AM
flip for the o
pop for the d

yup.

Warlord23
12-31-2005, 01:23 AM
What did you expect.

12 and 8 assists?

The guy's minutes are being limited, and his best time is playoff time.

I wouldn't count too much on that ... Nick is somewhat overrated in that aspect; from an opposing team's perspective Nick is dangerous cuz he can knock down shots from anywhere, but he's lost more games with his shooting than he's won.

We knock Kobe and Iverson for 43% shoting, Nick is a career 40% shooter. I'd rather put my money on Finley to knock down an open J if it came to that.

ZStomp
12-31-2005, 01:44 AM
Damn...that will be the last time I invite YOU to a game... :depressed

don't freaken act surprised. i told you.

mavsfan1000
12-31-2005, 02:23 AM
C Ben Wallace
PF Tim Duncan
SF T. Prince
SG M. Ginobili
PG C. Billups
R. Wallace in for either Ben or Tim
B. Bowen in for Prince or Ginobili
Parker in for Billups

DDS4
12-31-2005, 02:42 AM
ALL-TIME BABY :fro

Starters:
David Robinson
Tim Duncan
Iceman Gervin
Grant Hill
Isiah Thomas

Bench:
Billups
Parker
Manu
Vinnie "Microwave" Johnson (ultimate 6th man)
Dave DeBusschere (Bowen with a little more offense)
Sean Elliot (qualifies for both teams)
Horry (gotta have Big Shot in there)

*feel free to add or subtract*

theMUHMEshow
12-31-2005, 02:53 AM
Ben
Tim
Rip
Manu
Chauncey

--

Tony
Sheed
Bowen
Horry
McDyess
Finley

-
Davis
Rasho
Evans

RashoFan
12-31-2005, 04:09 AM
Damn interesting thread!!! A blend of the best from both teams= Olympic Gold Team perhaps, but definately the UND...ULTIMATE NBA DYNASTY!!!!

Silver21_Black20
12-31-2005, 04:45 AM
don't freaken act surprised. i told you.

I know...I'm just giving you shit.

z0sa
12-31-2005, 05:48 AM
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Bruce Bowen
Manu Ginobili
Chauncey Billups

Frenchise player
12-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Do you think that he will be happy on the bench? Just think more about it before you try to bash me, that's useless.
Maybee he hasn't created any porblem in Detroit but he is still the recordman for technicals in the NBA and a former jailblazer, I won't take any risk with someone like that.
I just prefer McDyess to Sheed, that's all.

admack
12-31-2005, 06:11 AM

We don't like him here, he played like crap on purpose to get back to his Alma Mata, it was rumored that he wore a Spurs tank under his uni in Pistons games.

Rummpd
12-31-2005, 06:12 AM
Wallace "squared" (Rasheed can play "SF")
Duncan
Ginobili
Billups

6th man Hamilton

Vinnie_Johnson
12-31-2005, 10:46 AM
ALL-TIME BABY :fro

Starters:
David Robinson
Tim Duncan
Iceman Gervin
Grant Hill
Isiah Thomas

Bench:
Billups
Parker
Manu
Vinnie "Microwave" Johnson (ultimate 6th man)
Dave DeBusschere (Bowen with a little more offense)

*feel free to add or subtract*

You forgot a few studs like Dumars and Dave Bing
Horry (gotta have Big Shot in there)

Rummpd
12-31-2005, 02:30 PM
C - Robinson, B. Wallace, Artis Gilmore
F - Duncan, R Wallace, Gervin, Hill
G - Billups,Parker,Thomas, Ginobili, Bing

Beat that team in their primes! Size strengh and speed.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Starters:
C: Ben Wallace
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Bowen
SG: Manu
PG: Billups

Bench:
Parker
Rip
Prince
Rasheed
McDyess
Horry
Rasho

IR:
Nazr
Arroyo
Finley

RogerIsEatingASandwich
12-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Starters :
Ben Wallace
Tim Duncan
Bruce Bowen
Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups

Bench:
Manu Ginobili (instant "O" off the bech)
Rasheed Wallace
Tony Parker
Prince
McDyess
Horry
Finley

Dre_7
12-31-2005, 07:13 PM
This is very easy.

Trade anyone not named Duncan, for Wade and Shaq. With whatever you have left, build the team around Shaq, Timmy, and Wade. Instant title right there.

Obstructed_View
01-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Starters:
1 Beno Udrih
2 Manu Ginobili
3 Bruce Bowen
4 Tim Duncan
5 Ben Wallace

NZHayden
01-01-2006, 06:04 AM
marks
duncan
manu
finley
billups

Samr
01-01-2006, 12:53 PM
C- Ben Wallace
PF- Duncan
SF- Bowen
SG- Rip
PG- Parker

bench:
Prince- for me, this is a no-brainer. Bowen takes the start any day of the week.

Rasheed- I'd like to give him the start, but I'd rather have a great defensive lineup

Manu- hell, the dude simply plays better off the bench. Even if he were a more tallented player- and this is very debatable- he'd still be better off the bench. Which is why he's doing it for the Spurs.

Billups- He's better than Parker, but Parker would play worse off the bench than Chauncy. Billups gets the Spistons "though it up" possition.

Horry- Hell, the goal IS to win a championship, isn't it?

JamStone
01-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Do you think that he will be happy on the bench? Just think more about it before you try to bash me, that's useless.
Maybee he hasn't created any porblem in Detroit but he is still the recordman for technicals in the NBA and a former jailblazer, I won't take any risk with someone like that.
I just prefer McDyess to Sheed, that's all.

Last year when Antonio McDyess was going through a stretch where he was struggling, Rasheed explicitly said he would have no problem coming off the bench for Antonio McDyess if it would help Dice's game and be good for the team.

Just think more about it before you try to make a point that's useless.

boutons_
01-01-2006, 01:28 PM
"Rasheed explicitly said he would have no problem coming off the bench"

I think Rasheed is perfectly happy on the bench, lazy, unhustling, talent-wasting adolescent that he is. All the Pistons competitors are relieved he's way below his potential.

JamStone
01-01-2006, 01:31 PM
"Rasheed explicitly said he would have no problem coming off the bench"

I think Rasheed is perfectly happy on the bench, lazy, unhustling, talent-wasting adolescent that he is. All the Pistons competitors are relieved he's way below his potential.

Wow ... hate much?

boutons_
01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
"JamStone"

wow ... think much?

... a troll IGNOREd is a forum improved. Plonk!