PDA

View Full Version : favorite imported beer?????????????

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:42 PM
and no busch light doesnt count. although it is the best all around beer.
i guess i would say negra modelo or maybe newcastle.

mookie2001
12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
killians irish red
tecate

and shiner because its imported all the way from shiner, THROUGH halletsville

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:46 PM
and shiner because its imported all the way from shiner, THROUGH halletsville
lol
shiner is like alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllll the way away from vtown. like at least an hour. def imported.

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 07:48 PM
the only thing i dont like about negra modelo and really pretty much any imported beer, other than shiner, is that i can get a 12 pack of busch for the same price as a 6 pack. :huh thats highway robbery.
same way with liquor. why buy sky or grey goose when i can buy skol and mix it wiht whatever i feel like and it tastes the same? :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

hicksi
12-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Track down Coopers Sparkling Ale (with the red label, but the green label is also pretty good).
It's Aussie.
http://www.coopers.com.au/

Cant_Be_Faded
12-30-2005, 07:59 PM
the county commissh got me hooked on Killian's Irish Red, although i think it's neither Irish, nor red.

Beerjitsu
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Probably Mcewan's Scotch ale (careful though...it'll knock you on your ass...strong stuff), allthough I really like Murphy's Stout, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, and some of the Chimay beers (allthough they're ridiculously expensive).

To be honest I think some of the domestic craft brews are just as good as most imports. In fact...I think I'm gonna run to the store and buy me a six pack of Sierra Nevada right now :drunk

j-6
12-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Harp, Hoegaarden, then Modelo Especial.

Though lately I've been drinking that 9.1% Steel Reserve the midget likes so much.

supaphly119
12-30-2005, 08:21 PM
guinness

ObiwanGinobili
12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
tie:
guiness & modelo especial.

3rd vote goes to Shiner. :lol

chode_regulator
12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Probably Mcewan's Scotch ale (careful though...it'll knock you on your ass...strong stuff), allthough I really like Murphy's Stout, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, and some of the Chimay beers (allthough they're ridiculously expensive).

To be honest I think some of the domestic craft brews are just as good as most imports. In fact...I think I'm gonna run to the store and buy me a six pack of Sierra Nevada right now :drunk
i had that nut brown ale shit at a bar here in nc. theyu had a shitload of beer i had never heard of so i wanted to start tasting diff beers. i picked taht one out and it tasted like shit. a mix of burned coffee and burned biscuits. the onnly beer ive tasted that was worse than fat tire. and at 6.50 a pop i just stuck to amber bock the rest of the night.

Guru of Nothing
12-30-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/4625.jpg

valluco
12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/valluco/bod.jpg
i'm into my third pint right now. :drunk

spurschick
12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Dos Equis

valluco
12-30-2005, 09:55 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/valluco/kron.jpg
This is another of my favorites, but you can't find it in Texas for some stupid reason.

KEDA
12-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Dos Equis

got my vote as well

midgetonadonkey
12-30-2005, 11:58 PM
As far as imported beer goes I really enjoy an ice cold Heineken. Killian's Irish Red is good as well as Molson Blue.

T Park
12-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Heineken

SmotPoker
12-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Fat Tire, red stripe... guiness.

Vashner
12-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Corona with lime and salt and anything German... dark..

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Actually I'll take Olde English or Steel Reserve over any import, any day.

Vashner
12-31-2005, 01:20 AM
I like corona cause it smells like the barf cooking in the Sunday morning sun at Joe's Volcano's bar.. you know that shit that drips out of old garbage bins at taco cabana smell.

The sone
12-31-2005, 01:51 AM
shiner because its imported all the way from shiner, THROUGH halletsville

mookie has the nuts on this hand!!

chode_regulator
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Fat Tire, red stripe... guiness.
isnt fat tire from like washington or something?????????????????

you know that shit that drips out of old garbage bins at taco cabana smell.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao i miss that place and was dissapointed i didnt get a chance to eat there while i was at home. :depressed

Brodels
12-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale

Yum. It's been a while since I've had some, but it's really good.

Others:

I'm really into Smithwick's right now. Spaten Optimator is solid if you like German-style beers.

shelshor
12-31-2005, 11:59 AM
Negra Modelo
Guiness
Harp
Bass
Foster's
Red Stripe
any dark German beer
Carta Blanca
any Canadian pilsner

If any of y'all know who sells Black Mamba--I think its from The Congo--please let me know; the stuff makes Colt 45 look like Coors Light

Brodels
12-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Negra Modelo
Guiness
Harp
Bass
Foster's
Red Stripe
any dark German beer
Carta Blanca
any Canadian pilsner

If any of y'all know who sells Black Mamba--I think its from The Congo--please let me know; the stuff makes Colt 45 look like Coors Light

Colt 45 does look like Coors Light.

katyon6th
12-31-2005, 03:48 PM
isnt fat tire from like washington or something?????????????????

I believe it's from Colorado.

If I had a favorite, it'd be something Scottish or Irish.

rl64tx
12-31-2005, 04:23 PM
African Mamba
Chimay.....both will kick your ass!!!

helwardman
12-31-2005, 04:44 PM
The best beers in the world are OBVIOUSLY from Yorkshire, England. Take your pick from:

Timothy Taylors Landlord
Anything made by Tetleys
Sam Smiths

As American beers go, The best I've had is that Amber Bock stuff. Most of the other stuff is too cold and too fizzy
:spin

TheAdmiral#50
12-31-2005, 04:55 PM
Foster's
Dos Equis

hicksi
12-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Foster's
Dos Equis
Sorry to disagree, but Fosters is an embarrassment. Doesn’t even sell, here. Shows what the advertising-dollar can do.

Brodels
12-31-2005, 06:30 PM
The best beers in the world are OBVIOUSLY from Yorkshire, England. Take your pick from:

Timothy Taylors Landlord
Anything made by Tetleys
Sam Smiths

As American beers go, The best I've had is that Amber Bock stuff. Most of the other stuff is too cold and too fizzy
:spin

That's the great thing about the great craft brewing movement that is now so prevalent in the U.S. You have a choice now - you can avoid stuff that is too cold and too fizzy. I enjoy cold and fizzy beer sometimes, but I agree - sometimes you need to have something more traditional, a bit warmer and flatter.

And cask ales have provided us with that. I try a cask brew whenever I see that one is available.

Brodels
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Sorry to disagree, but Fosters is an embarrassment. Doesn’t even sell, here. Shows what the advertising-dollar can do.

Fosters is downright awful. I'm a little shocked that someone actually cited it as a favorite imported beer. I'd even take Genesee Ice Beer over that.

MI21
12-31-2005, 10:04 PM
No one, I repeat NO ONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters. It's fucking terrible.

Here are A few Aussie beers some of the Americans should check em out if they ever get the chance...

- Tooheys Extra Dry
- Coopers Pale Ale (Green lable, someone mentioned the other one earlier)
- Carlton Draught
- Crown Lager (I hate it, but almost everyone else loves it)

...and I really don't want to think about beer any more after last nights New Years happenings.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-31-2005, 10:11 PM
http://www.trurestaurant.com/images/chefs/gale_upper_image_rootbeer.jpg

Can't go wrong with one and a phat ass joint, makes the world go round and everything wonderful.

valluco
01-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Newcastle Brown Ale

hicksi
01-01-2006, 05:52 AM
No one, I repeat NO ONE in Australia actually drinks Fosters. It's fucking terrible.

Here are A few Aussie beers some of the Americans should check em out if they ever get the chance...

- Tooheys Extra Dry
- Coopers Pale Ale (Green lable, someone mentioned the other one earlier)
- Carlton Draught
- Crown Lager (I hate it, but almost everyone else loves it)

...and I really don't want to think about beer any more after last nights New Years happenings.
Coopers Sparkling is better than Coopers Pale. Just.
Hahn if you are drinking a lot.
I like Crownies better than Tooheys.

NZHayden
01-01-2006, 06:09 AM
sorry to disrespect the aussie's but fosters is shit

MI21
01-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Coopers Sparkling is better than Coopers Pale. Just.
Hahn if you are drinking a lot.
I like Crownies better than Tooheys.

Everyone likes Crownies, but I just don't get it. Personal preference I guess.

I think Sparkling and Pale are pretty much as good as each other, but I thought I'd mention something different to what you said.

I honestly can't remember any of my other favourite beers, I know there is like another 4/5. I'll have to get back to yall :lol

katyon6th
01-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Has anyone tasted the Pale Ale from the Blue Star Brewery here in San Antonio? If so, how's it rank?