PDA

View Full Version : The Horns Chances

word
12-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Jackie Sherrill likes the Horns’ chances
By Staff | Thursday, December 29, 2005, 11:01 AM

The folks at FSN, the cable sports network, sent along some Rose Bowl analysis from former Texas A&M coach Jackie Sherrill, who is appearing on FSN’s shows as a bowl analyst for the next week.

Sherrill likes the Horns’ chances. His thoughts:

“Everybody talks about Vince Young and Ramonce Taylor, but that’s not where the matchup is. USC has two outstanding defensive ends (Frostee Rucker and Lawrence Jackson), but on the other side Texas is much better offensively up front with (tackles) Jonathan Scott and Justin Blalock. I’ll take Texas’ offensive line over USC’s defensive line. That’s the biggest matchup of the game. USC’s receivers are not as good as they’ve been in the past. Texas’ defensive backs have a lot of speed. The question is whether Texas’ defensive line can stop the running game. They’ll be able to slow it down enough to make (USC QB) Matt Leinart throw the football. USC is going to have to spread the field against Texas to move the ball like they have against everyone else. I’m picking Texas in an upset. It will not be a high-scoring game, I think it will be in the 30s. This game has done more for college football than any game ever before because of the hype. This is Ali-Frazier, the World Series, the World Cup and the Super Bowl all rolled into one. It’s unreal.”