PDA

View Full Version : Stoudamire likely out for the season

loveforthegame
12-31-2005, 01:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-grizzlies-stoudamire&prov=ap&type=lgns

Stoudamire ruptures tendon in his knee

December 31, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Memphis guard Damon Stoudamire ruptured a tendon in his knee and left the court on a stretcher in the Grizzlies' 93-90 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night.

Stoudamire will undergo surgery pending an examination by team doctors in Memphis and will likely miss the rest of the season, said team spokeswoman Stacey Mitch.

"I had a layup, but when I went up it felt like a sniper shot me," Stoudamire said. "It was just a feeling I've never had."

Stoudamire, a Portland native who played more than seven seasons for the Blazers, slipped while driving to the hoop with just with 4:02 left in the half and Memphis leading 45-35. He landed on his back side, staying motionless with his head buried in his arm for few minutes until being taken off the court.

The 5-foot-10 point guard, who signed a four-year deal with Memphis in the offseason, had four points, six rebounds and three assists in 14 minutes.

Warlord23
12-31-2005, 02:55 AM
Damn that's harsh on Memphis ... they were on to a good thing

Let's see if Bobby Jackson can step up

Dre_7
12-31-2005, 05:02 AM
Im no Damon fan, but that sucks. I saw the replay on ESPN. I only hope he comes back stronger.

z0sa
12-31-2005, 05:23 AM
Damn, that sucks. Damon Stoudamire is the best player in the nba under 6 foot (if you consider Iverson to be six foot even and boykins is good but not damon stoudamire good). Hes clutch and works hard. I'm really sorry to see this happen to him.

Brutalis
01-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Bad new for Phoenix.

Horry For 3!
01-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Who is going to start at pg now?

Obstructed_View
01-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Bad new for Phoenix.
Dude, you need to read more than the headline.