PDA

View Full Version : moneypenny strikes again...

chode_regulator
12-31-2005, 09:27 AM
"This first week of "Moneypenny's two cents" has been a blast. However, have you been having as much fun as I have? Let's check out Moneypenny's mailbag.
First off, I got an enormous batch of e-mails regarding my USC vs. NFL piece from Monday. In the FOXSports.com poll, an overwhelming number of you agreed that USC could beat the NFL's worst team. However, there's still a large number of you out there that politely disagree with me. Strangely enough, many of them are from Texas. Like this guy.

Dude, I think you are smoking or sniffing some sort of powerful poop. With USC fielding the No. 77-rated pass defense in all of D-1 college football and an overall defense that is porous at best, how do you even consider that they could stay in the stadium with ANY NFL team? Yes, we have all heard the adjective enhanced verbosity that describes the Trojan offense, and yes it's all true. However, the game of football is not "make it take it" yet. The rules still say you have to give the ball to the other team on their turn.

Ric, Austin TX

I chose Ric's e-mail because it was the only one that officially accused me of sniffing poo. To answer Ric and the others, yes, I realize that the Trojan defense is the weaker link. However, if the USC defense from the USC-UCLA contest showed up for the dream game (not the D that played Fresno State), it's hard to claim they are "porous at best". Also, I had at least three people other than Ric claim that the Houston Texans would beat USC by 100. Even in a purely hypothetical argument, that's completely preposterous.

Many of those in disagreement with the piece also allege that it's impossible for USC to have 40 or so players drafted off of this year's team. It's not impossible. From 1970-1999, USC led the nation in the number of players selected in SEVEN different NFL drafts. That was more than any other school over that time period, and one could argue that the current Trojans boast a higher talent level than they have had at any point back then, and that counts some amazing USC teams.

Also, it's not unheard of for a school with top talent to have 10-14 players selected in a single draft. The record for one school is 17 players drafted in one year, held by who I assume to be Ric's Texas Longhorns in 1984. So, while having 10 or so players drafted in a year is impressive, it is in no way unheard of. I will say it again, USC has the talent to put seven to ten players from the 2005 roster in the draft over the next four-to-five years. It shocks me that there are a percentage of people out there who claim that's "impossible". "
what a chode. again sucking usc's dick by mainstream media. and i htinkn the last two lines from "Ric" are hilarious.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
what a chode. again sucking usc's dick by mainstream media. and i htinkn the last two lines from "Ric" are hilarious.

I'll admit the last two lines are good, but come on, you can't honestly say that the author didn't actually back up his way of thinking.

Seriously, UT looks like they could put the same amount of players in the NFL from this squad than USC.

chode_regulator
12-31-2005, 03:43 PM
i think its preposterous to even talk about a college team beating an nfl team. especialy when even the chodes at espn admit last years usc team is better than this years. and i dont think he, in the original article or this reply, really had any sound reasons as to how usc could beat a nfl team. score on yes, beat no.