PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Wings

Tres_Till_it_MHz
12-31-2005, 11:38 PM
OKay I thought I could hang becuase Im Asian err Hispanic or Mesican so I ordered ten from the Wing Stop. Anyways those things aint no joke, almost painful. Don't try them, I warned you.

valluco
01-01-2006, 01:24 AM
I agree. They opened up my sinuses when I first tried them. Holy shit! That was hot. I had to wipe and blow my nose every 20 seconds while I was trying to eat the fuckers and I tried my hardest to keep a straight face the whole time. My girlfriend was laughing her ass off at me the entire time while she was eating her hawaiian wings.

Guru of Nothing
01-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Yea, I had those. They were kind of hot going down. My taste buds could handle'em; can't say the same for my digestive system.

They were like poison.

I love hot food, but heat is so overrated. Were I to open a restaurant selling hot food, I'd list fiery hot charcoal at the bottom of the menu, for the truly brave.

Mixability
01-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Haha, yeah, I ordered a 10 piece of Atomic, the girl working the register warned me, she asked if I had them before, I lied and said yeah. They burned going in and coming out..... :depressed

ObiwanGinobili
01-01-2006, 08:15 AM
:wow I <3 the atomic wings!! :makeout

midgetonadonkey
01-01-2006, 01:00 PM
They are hot but they taste like shit. I don't know what they use to make the sauce but it taste's like asshole.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2006, 03:22 PM
LOL midge knows what asshole tastes like

I always get 10 Cajun, 10 Lemon Pepper, a Shiner Bock, fries, ranch, and then I'm set.

Cajun is hot enough for me. They make me sweat but they're good.

chode_regulator
01-01-2006, 03:32 PM
theres a local place here that has suicide wings and theyre almost uneatable. at work alot of times we order 10 and collect money to see who can eat themall.
i only got one down and wanted to cry.

katyon6th
01-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I had Wing Stop the other night for the first time. I wasn't impressed. Sadly. I've heard good things, maybe I just got a shitty batch.

I like Hooters hot wings.

Kori Ellis
01-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I like Wing Stop's teriyaki wings and regular hot. I hate Hooter's wings.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm not a big wing fan. Too damn messy.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Katy, wingstop isn't really all that. They're really small. Hooters can't be beat. Big, tasty, served by hooters chicks, what more could you want?

Alas, there are no wing places in Victoria.

Phonzie20
01-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Katy, wingstop isn't really all that. They're really small. Hooters can't be beat.

I think the 'atmosphere' is clouding your judgement.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
That and the fact that they're huge (the wings)

Phonzie20
01-01-2006, 06:18 PM
That and the fact that they're huge (the wings)

This is the reason Hooters still thrives.

It's ok. I like to go there too :spin

ObiwanGinobili
01-01-2006, 07:46 PM
I like Pluckers the best but there are none in SA.

Wings N' More on I-10 is awesome.then Hooters, then Cha-Cho's (the one on Callaghan has wings) then Wingstop.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Pluckers is fuckin awesome. Their fried pickle things are the best.

ObiwanGinobili
01-01-2006, 08:13 PM
i liek the fried pickles and peppers at Tejas.

damn I love Tejas. I am going to roll up in there for dinner as soon as i get in town.
I want some fried pickles and peppers, a tejas tea and some ribs. yum freakin yum.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
i just get the heebee jeebees thinking about tejas..

ObiwanGinobili
01-01-2006, 11:32 PM
i just get the heebee jeebees thinking about tejas..

for the umpeteenth time:
there is no jizz in the gravy. besides, Jimbo doesn't work there anymore.

hussker
01-01-2006, 11:37 PM
You think the Atomic Wings are bad going in...wait until they start coming out! OUCH!!!!

Notorious H.O.P.
01-02-2006, 01:12 AM
The Atomic Wings are hot just to be hot. They don't taste good at all. If you're going to suffer the pain, the taste (after half your taste buds have gone into shock) should be good. These aren't.

The Blazin' wings at Buffalo Wild Wings are the best combination of pure pain and great taste. The first wing tingles, the second wing is the killer and feels like a thousand needles jamming in your mouth all at once. Your pain receptors go into overload and shut off around the fourth or fifth wing and it's smooth sailing after that. Until the next morning that is.

katyon6th
01-02-2006, 01:04 PM
The Atomic Wings are hot just to be hot. They don't taste good at all. If you're going to suffer the pain, the taste (after half your taste buds have gone into shock) should be good. These aren't.

The Blazin' wings at Buffalo Wild Wings are the best combination of pure pain and great taste. The first wing tingles, the second wing is the killer and feels like a thousand needles jamming in your mouth all at once. Your pain receptors go into overload and shut off around the fourth or fifth wing and it's smooth sailing after that. Until the next morning that is.

That doesn't sound like something I'd want to go through just to eat wings.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
hooters is by far the best chain wing place and not just bc of the girls. in fact only once in the last several times ive been thre has there even been any girls worth looking at. only thing is there hottest wings are quite hot enojgh. after hooters i'd say buffalo wild wings is pretty damn good for a chain restaurant. their hottest are pretty damn hot, almost too hot but still taste good.
after taht you gotta start trying to find local places, i remember in daytona there was a really good sports bar that had the best wings ive ever ate. i wish i could remember the name of it though.

bowlephant
01-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I had Wing Stop the other night for the first time. I wasn't impressed. Sadly. I've heard good things, maybe I just got a shitty batch.

I like Hooters hot wings.

Wingstop is the shit!!!! yeah they could be bigger...but I love the seasonings (lemon pepper is my favorite). And the FRIES...Awesome with ranch or cheese!! Best fries in town!

Samr
01-02-2006, 04:31 PM
H.E.B wings are VERY underrated.

Ditto with their turkey legs, actually.

CharlieMac
01-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Fuck that. Those gave me the shits. I'm a mild kind of guy when it comes to the wings. Those wings at the George Gervin place are hotter than hell too.

Notorious H.O.P.
01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
hooters is by far the best chain wing place and not just bc of the girls. in fact only once in the last several times ive been thre has there even been any girls worth looking at. only thing is there hottest wings are quite hot enojgh. after hooters i'd say buffalo wild wings is pretty damn good for a chain restaurant. their hottest are pretty damn hot, almost too hot but still taste good.
after taht you gotta start trying to find local places, i remember in daytona there was a really good sports bar that had the best wings ive ever ate. i wish i could remember the name of it though.

I'll give Hooter's some props as a great place to get some food and watch a game but their wings stopped being good a few years ago. The size of the wings is great but over time, they've gotted fattier, the quality of the meat has dropped, you'll increasing find pieces of feathers on them and their cooks act like they can take home any sauce that they don't use that day.

I'm not a "send the food back to the kitchen" type of guy so I'll just dowse them in the sauce at the table but friends of mine regularly send them back because they don't have any sauce on them.

Hooter's has a well established name, they serve pitchers and have relatively attractive women bringing your food. That is what keeps them on everyone's minds. Buffalo Wild Wings has better quality chicken, a better flavor variety and more TVs. And if you like playing, they have NTN trivia, blackjack and hold 'em. If they went the pitcher route, they might gain more ground on Hooters.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM
I'll give Hooter's some props as a great place to get some food and watch a game but their wings stopped being good a few years ago. The size of the wings is great but over time, they've gotted fattier, the quality of the meat has dropped, you'll increasing find pieces of feathers on them and their cooks act like they can take home any sauce that they don't use that day.

I'm not a "send the food back to the kitchen" type of guy so I'll just dowse them in the sauce at the table but friends of mine regularly send them back because they don't have any sauce on them.

Hooter's has a well established name, they serve pitchers and have relatively attractive women bringing your food. That is what keeps them on everyone's minds. Buffalo Wild Wings has better quality chicken, a better flavor variety and more TVs. And if you like playing, they have NTN trivia, blackjack and hold 'em. If they went the pitcher route, they might gain more ground on Hooters.
to be honest i havent been to a texas hooters in a long time. but the one here locally is really good. i ahve never gotten wings wtih feathers on them. and i havent gotten fatty wings, solid white meat over here. and ive never had any problem with them not having sauce on them either.
i think buffalo wild wings is a notch below hooters, except their hottest wings are hotter which is a plus.
to be honest i think local places are usually the best. i just went and got 20 hot wings from a local place and my mouth is on fire. just the way i like it. down that with some beer and you got :spin . i guess next time i go home ill check out a hooters back in texas. though last time i went, at least 2.5 yrs ago, i do remember it being pretty good. and that was the one in austin at the intersection of riverside and?