PDA

View Full Version : Jay williams

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:16 PM
According to reports he's about 85 % healthy already. He expects to be able to play half way through the season. He's reportedly said he wants to play for the wolves the rest of this year. I would expect him to stick with the bulls but you never know. Anyone hear much about him?

ducks
08-31-2004, 11:17 PM
may not want to now after what kevin did in practice

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:18 PM
How many point guards do the Wolves need?

As many as the Bulls?

Of course he'd still have to beat out Rickert.....

ducks
08-31-2004, 11:20 PM
maybe sam is not healthy I do not know

ducks
08-31-2004, 11:22 PM
www.nba.com/blog/blog11.html (http://www.nba.com/blog/blog11.html) Almost There (Aug 25th)

It's been awhile .... Hope everyone is having a great summer ..... As the summer days begin to dwindle, my rehab is going as strong as ever. To bring everyone up to speed, I have been dribbling and shooting for quite a while now, but I started playing basketball again probably about four or five months ago. I've been actively participating in camps and clinics, so I have been doing drills and stuff like that. The first time that I started doing drills again, I would jog from one spot to another to shoot and I almost passed out. It was such a good feeling - to be really tired and strained. I hadn't felt that in so long.

I'd like to be playing a lot more competitively right now, but it's coming along. I'm behind my own schedule at the moment, but I am harder on myself than anyone else could ever be. Compared to what my therapists and doctors say, they think I'm ahead of schedule, but I feel like I'm behind. It's really just a matter of perspective and point-of-view.

On an NBA level, my game is probably at 65 or 70 percent right now. I'm still able to do a lot of things I wasn't able to do, but there's some things with speed and quickness that I will need to work on. There's a whole trust issue with my left leg, building my confidence is very important.

If there's any pain, my mind won't let my body feel it. Even if I get the regular soreness that comes with playing for a couple hours, icing it down makes it easy.

Right now, I feel like my body can be ready by mid-season at the earliest to return to the league, but I don't want to rush this. I can't be one of those guys who comes back, steps onto the court and gets injured immediately and has to miss lots of time. A great thing I have on my side is that I'm 22 years old, just getting ready to turn 23 on September 10. If I did wait a full year, I'd only be 24 and I'd be right in the prime of my career.

Like everyone else, I've been spending much of this summer watching the USA Men's Basketball team at the Olympics in Athens. I am even more interested than usual since Carlos Boozer is one of my best friends and I played on the National Team during the World Championships in 2002. I hope they do it, I think they can win the next couple of games and take the gold medal, but what's happened has to show everyone that we can't put together a team in three weeks and expect talent to dominate. Our standards are so high here. Some people are down on the team, but most don't understand that many of the other teams in international competition have been together for eight or nine years. I think we always have an advantage of selecting from the best players in the world, but this is not about having the best players, it's about having the best team. We have to find out what kind of team we have. We'll know very soon.

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks ducks,

I think the point was that McFlip plan on carrying a 3rd PG. As of now it looks like Blake Stepp. But if your trying to come back from an injury, why not play on a team where they can afford to fit you in with two quality PG's and not worry about stiffness???

SequSpur
08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Who cares, this is a spurs forum.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:35 PM
I don't think Jay's ego would let him play 3rd string.

He'll go where the money and the PT are, in that order.