PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NFL Draft Order (Non-Playoff Teams)

Horry For 3!
01-02-2006, 02:02 AM
NFL Draft order of non-playoff teams. A coin flip will determine the 6th and 7th position between San Francisco and Oakland.

1 Houston
2 New Orleans
3 Tennessee
4 New York Jets
5 Green Bay
6 San Francisco
7 Oakland
8 Buffalo
9 Detroit
10 Arizona
11 St. Louis
12 Cleveland
13 Baltimore
14 Philadelphia
15 Atlanta
16 Miami
17 Minnesota
18 Dallas
19 San Diego
20 Kansas City

rayray2k8
01-02-2006, 02:48 AM
Anybody wanna take a crack at what team will select what players?
We already know that the Texans will draft Bush and The saints will take Matt Lienart.
But what about the others?

Horry For 3!
01-02-2006, 03:22 AM
This is the closest Mock Draft I have found but i'm sure they'l have out new ones since all the teams not in the playoffs are set now.

http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm

Marklar MM
01-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Hopefully the Lions don't draft recievers. We need o-line and defensive secondary.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Anybody wanna take a crack at what team will select what players?
We already know that the Texans will draft Bush and The saints will take Matt Lienart.
But what about the others?
i think it would be a mistake for the texans to draft bush. trade for picks. we dont need a rb.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Hopefully the Lions don't draft recievers. We need o-line and defensive secondary.
same for cheifs. dont need more receivers. need to keep improving the defense.

rayray2k8
01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Why would you give up the chance to draft one of the most exciting RB in the history of college football ? Besides the way that D. Davis has been for the Texans and how this guy just seems to be injury prone, wouldnt they use him as trade bait to improve their defense and also what needs most improvement which is their Offenisve Line?

N.Y. Johnny
01-02-2006, 03:10 PM
The Jets should trade out of the top 5 since they're not going to do anything with that selection.

might as well get some extra picks and build the offensive line to block for 200 year old Curtis Martin and Ol' Noodlearm, since they're bringing him back.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
first off, bush might end up being a bust. look at howmany first round draft pics have been in the last few years.
secondly take that draft pick and trade it for basicallly whatever you want bc people are going to give you a shitload for it.
you already have a 1000yd rusher. is a 2000 yd rusher going to win you more games? no. look at kc. they have a great offense, and a avg defense at ebast and again are not going to the playoffs. improve where you most need it and dont get caught up in the hype. if the texans draft bush i'll probably just stop liking them

King
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Ouch. An OT field goal sends San Francisco from number one to a possible number 7 pick.

Horry For 3!
01-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I was just remembering when Texans drafted Tony Boselli and he didn't even ever play a game for them.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I was just remembering when Texans drafted Tony Boselli and he didn't even ever play a game for them.
lol yeha i remember that. i am a jags fan and really like boselli, he was one of the best linemen but had injury problems throughtout his career. that was kinda funny though how they drafted him and he then retired. afer being injured

Pistons < Spurs
01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
same for cheifs. dont need more receivers. need to keep improving the defense.

An aging Kennison.

A ball dropping Parker, unproven Horn, Thorpe??? (I expect him to be really good, but was dissapointed we didn't see him this year), Boerigchter??

IMO they defeintly need some better or more proven receivers..........but the D does need to be improved as well. I was upset that they gave up on going after Ty Law.......who just happened to lead the league in INT's this year at 10. They need to get a real pass rush from someone besides Allen. Kendrell Bell was a dissapointment. The Defensive schemes were terrible. Never agressive enough. No man-2-man, no checkin' the receivers off the block....nothing but a weak ass prevent D from Gunther all year.

Hopefully they get it together this year...because the offense only has a very small window left. Kennison is old, Green has maybe 2 or 3 yeasrs left. The O-Line is slowly aging aswell.

ducks
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
houston does not need a running back they need a line to create holes for a running back and protecting their quarterback

McKenzie
01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Too bad we let Jake go. The Saints need a QB with some talent to strike into the hands of Horn and Stallworth. We don't need a freakin' rookie college boy. We need someone who can grab the ball and take it home.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 06:02 PM
houston does not need a running back they need a line to create holes for a running back and protecting their quarterback
exactly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Dallas needs O-Line help, but I think they should go via free agency instead of bringing in more rookies.

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 06:08 PM
An aging Kennison.

A ball dropping Parker, unproven Horn, Thorpe??? (I expect him to be really good, but was dissapointed we didn't see him this year), Boerigchter??

IMO they defeintly need some better or more proven receivers..........but the D does need to be improved as well. I was upset that they gave up on going after Ty Law.......who just happened to lead the league in INT's this year at 10. They need to get a real pass rush from someone besides Allen. Kendrell Bell was a dissapointment. The Defensive schemes were terrible. Never agressive enough. No man-2-man, no checkin' the receivers off the block....nothing but a weak ass prevent D from Gunther all year.

Hopefully they get it together this year...because the offense only has a very small window left. Kennison is old, Green has maybe 2 or 3 yeasrs left. The O-Line is slowly aging aswell.
granted kennison is a little old but not too old. parker has some real hope and we still have gonzalez, though i think he is getting a little old but im not real sure on that. and boerichter has potential as well. and i believe parker really came on towrads the end of the season.
the defnese is on the right track but need to draft someone else along the lines of derick johnson, i dont mean another linebacker necesarily but someone who can start as a rookie and make an impact or at least be a second year starter. they dont need offense, they need defense. worry about a qb ina copule of years when green cant hack it, and build up your defense. in the mid to late 90s kc had a good defnse and shitty offense, now they have the opposite and need to keep bolstering the defense.

hicksi
01-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Too bad we let Jake go. The Saints need a QB with some talent to strike into the hands of Horn and Stallworth. We don't need a freakin' rookie college boy. We need someone who can grab the ball and take it home.
Stop whining...

I reckon that Bouman got the job just to prove that the "decision" to NOT bench AB a few years back was the right one.

Was it?
Don't know.
Don't care (any more).

The REAL fact is that they should have tried A-Mac in the Lions game (one that meant NOTHING) and if that worked, they had a choice for the Sux game.
As it was, they achieved nothing with Booman, except possibly extending AB's reign.

N.Y. Johnny
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Ouch. An OT field goal sends San Francisco from number one to a possible number 7 pick.

yep, and a fucking worthless "feel good" win against Buffalo sent the Jets from 2 to fuckin 4...asshats, they can't even tank a season properly.

how fucking sad is it for me to be watching and saying "fuck..we're gonna win this game."

why do I go for this team? :lol

chode_regulator
01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
yep, and a fucking worthless "feel good" win against Buffalo sent the Jets from 2 to fuckin 4...asshats, they can't even tank a season properly.

how fucking sad is it for me to be watching and saying "fuck..we're gonna win this game."

why do I go for this team? :lol
lolol. actually im lmao.
funny how you want to win a game as a competitor but the whole time they have to know theyre fucking htemselves in teh long run.

N.Y. Johnny
01-02-2006, 10:55 PM
lolol. actually im lmao.
funny how you want to win a game as a competitor but the whole time they have to know theyre fucking htemselves in teh long run.

Yeah, truly they fucked themselves over...the Buffalo game and the Oakland game...winning those two games they pretty much screwed themselves out of Reggie Bush. We accomplished jack shit in doing so. 4 wins instead of 2 so what? we're still drafting in the top 5???

stupid fucks. Either way they would've pulled a 84' Trail Blazers move had they been 1 or 2 (Passing On Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon for Bowie) they'd have passed on Bush or Leinart or Vince Young to draft some fat fuck tackle since they're pretty much bringing back Curtis Martin for his 20th season and Ol' Noodle Arm Pennington back.

King
01-02-2006, 11:54 PM

Agreed. But, you still don't pass on Reggie Bush.

You upgrade the OL through free agency, and later picks. Take the best player available, and then fill holes.

exstatic
01-03-2006, 12:50 AM

There are some who feel that Matt L doesn't have the franchise arm. If you're going to draft a QB that high, and pay him accordingly, you'd better be drafting a cannon arm. The Saints may (and I think should) look elsewhere.

2centsworth
01-03-2006, 12:58 AM
i think it would be a mistake for the texans to draft bush. trade for picks. we dont need a rb.
Draft bush trade davis

Horry For 3!
01-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Draft bush trade davis
Yeah trade him for some picks or an offensive lineman.

sa_butta
01-03-2006, 11:10 AM
houston does not need a running back they need a line to create holes for a running back and protecting their quarterbackThey would be smart to get Reggie and use him as trade bait for D'brick. They could possibly get him and another 2nd rounder for Reggie. And I dont think Jay Cutler will fall to the Cowboys, the dolphins have shown interest in him as well.

Rescueone
01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Jimmy Williams stock dropped with that ejection of bumpping the Ref and bad attitude shown on the sidelines yesterday. He's a high risk pick now!

ABDENOUR POWER
01-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Stupid Lions can't even do draft positioning right.

2centsworth
01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Stupid Lions can't even do draft positioning right.
dude you know santonio holmes is going to the lions.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much a lock.

nickbroken
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I want the Eagles to trade up and get AJ Hawk...but it won't happen 8*(

N.Y. Johnny
01-03-2006, 10:56 PM
I want the Eagles to trade up and get AJ Hawk...but it won't happen 8*(

Hey, There's a dumb fucking team sitting at 4. I guarantee you'll get Hawk there, offer them a bag of fuckin Cheetos and grape soda and they'll trade the pick for that.