PDA

View Full Version : Hey Girls! There is a SALE.

Marklar MM
01-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Head on over to
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/?cm_mmc=aa-_-sas-_-brp-_-15535

Bra and Panty sale...25-50% off (Select Styles)
Clothing sale...up to 50% off
Sleepwear sale...25-40% off (Select Styles)

Purchase $100 or more worth of merchandise, and you get free Shipping and Handling.(US Only)

adrienne
01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh don't worry, I've already spent WAY too much money at this sale.:)

Marklar MM
01-02-2006, 11:38 AM
:eyebrows

ObiwanGinobili
01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
shoot.
I was at Victoria's Secret yesterday.. .the actual store , not the online.
Sales were HUGE. Way more % off then on-line. I t was crazy in there.
I got in a fight with some old lady over the last 34DD angels 5-way convertable t-shirt bra. It was tan and was marked down to $8.
eight freakin dollars. this is a $45 bra. damn right I beat that woman down. ain;t no-way I was letting her have that friggin bra.

Marklar MM
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
shoot.
I got in a fight with some old lady over the last 34DD angels 5-way convertable t-shirt bra. It was tan and was marked down to $8.
eight freakin dollars. this is a $45 bra. damn right I beat that woman down. ain;t no-way I was letting her have that friggin bra.

:(. I think she may have needed it a bit more.

BIG DADDY JOSH
01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
anyone need a shopping buddy.....

...any legitimate excuse to get into the store :king

Kori Ellis
01-02-2006, 12:08 PM
shoot.

No offense. But you don't look like you wear a DD. Is it because you are nursing?

ObiwanGinobili
01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
No offense. But you don't look like you wear a DD. Is it because you are nursing?

:lol
yes it is.
and I'm enjoying these babies while they last!
:spin

Kori Ellis
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
:lol
yes it is.
and I'm enjoying these babies while they last!
:spin

:lmao

Good for you. I'm sure your husband and the baby are enjoying them too :spin

Marklar MM
01-02-2006, 12:49 PM
don't put 34dd into google image...unless you want to see 34dd boobs. Just a heads up.

Phonzie20
01-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I prefer the C-size... Not so much D-anything.

Jekka
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
I tapered off shopping there when the company was really shitty to my friend when she worked there, and then I quit shopping there all together when they got new mannequins with the fucking ribs showing.

Samr
01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
and then I quit shopping there all together when they got new mannequins with the fucking ribs showing

You know, that's a take I had never really thought of before. That's.....that's pretty bad, actually.

This link showing photo editing (http://www.glennferon.com/portfolio1/index.html) kind of relates to the whole rib thing. It should be required for all girls to see this at or around age 12.

Jekka
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
You know, that's a take I had never really thought of before. That's.....that's pretty bad, actually.

This link showing photo editing (http://www.glennferon.com/portfolio1/index.html) kind of relates to the whole rib thing. It should be required for all girls to see this at or around age 12.

Yeah, and I think it's ironic that they usually photoshop out really protruding ribs (that almost all models, including theirs, have) and then put them on the mannequins.

Samr
01-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I'd like to see a mannequin that actually has a bit of carry around the hips, etc. "Healthy" is not defined by the ratio of weight to height.

I have no clue why the topic is so damn interesting to me, being a guy, but that kind of stuff gets me mad enough to the point where I would stop going to a store for reasons much like your's.

Jekka
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I'd like to see a mannequin that actually has a bit of carry around the hips, etc. "Healthy" is not defined by the ratio of weight to height.

I have no clue why the topic is so damn interesting to me, being a guy, but that kind of stuff gets me mad enough to the point where I would stop going to a store for reasons much like your's.

Haha, I wish more guys thought like you do on that topic and realized just how much they photoshop those women in the catalog. It's one of the worst - those women have the teeny tiny bodies the marketers want, but they photoshop out all the bony-ness that comes from being that thin and add more breast volume. Women like that don't exist. But I'll stop since I've already crossed the line of cliche femi-nazi.

Samr
01-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Hell, you want to talk about those women not existing? Take, for instance, model Ana Hickmann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Hickmann) who, coincidentally, is in the Guiness Book of World Records for having the longest legs of any model in the world. Her legs are 4 feet tall, and she towers over the average women at a staggering 6'1".

Nevermind the fact that some runway models are actually getting plastic surgery to remove their bottom rib, and thus appear skinnier.

Since when does being unhealthy or unnatural make you attractive? It doesn't! I can vouch!

01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Question for you girls, where can my wife go and get a real "fitting" for a bra? She was watching "What Not To Wear" and the gal on the show did it and raved about how much better the bear cubs were cradled.

McKenzie
01-02-2006, 05:18 PM
shoot.

I'm so hearing you on that one. Sometimes, that friggin $8 is YOURS. I have to order the one I want, but it is so worth the wait.

Body by Victoria. Gotta love it.

McKenzie
01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Question for you girls, where can my wife go and get a real "fitting" for a bra? She was watching "What Not To Wear" and the gal on the show did it and raved about how much better the bear cubs were cradled.

The ladies at Dillard's are trained at a school for this. They are very good at what they do.

CharlieMac
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I went to the one at Rivercenter the other day....

Carie
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I heard Nordstrom's is really good. Do we even have one here? Also, again heresay, VS is nortoriously bad at this.

Jekka
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I heard Nordstrom's is really good. Do we even have one here? Also, again heresay, VS is nortoriously bad at this.

I'll also vouch for Nordstrom's being great for bra fittings. Those people really know what they're doing better than most of the women at VS and have much better customer relationship skills. I've had nothing but good experiences at Nordstrom's (and I like the brands they carry way better than the VS stuff - I've had more underwires break through in VS bras than any other brand, and it's not like I don't take good care of my lingerie since I handwash all my good stuff).

01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
The bride and I will be at La Cantera tomorrow, so I'll take her by both places.

Thanks for the help.

ObiwanGinobili
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
The ladies at Dillard's are trained at a school for this. They are very good at what they do.
I give 2 :tu to the Dillard's ladies.
I went to them after Oprah's bra show and they were they 1st ones to measure me correctly and get me into a great fitting bra.
(fyi: found out most women actually wear a larger cup size then they think)

also- the chicks at VS are no good in the bra measureing department.
they suck. they have no training and don't really know what they are doing.

ObiwanGinobili
01-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I'll also vouch for Nordstrom's being great for bra fittings. Those people really know what they're doing better than most of the women at VS and have much better customer relationship skills. I've had nothing but good experiences at Nordstrom's (and I like the brands they carry way better than the VS stuff - I've had more underwires break through in VS bras than any other brand, and it's not like I don't take good care of my lingerie since I handwash all my good stuff).

:wow.
I have never had am underwire break in a VS bra.... btu i have to agree with oyu about the best brands.
I really like wacoal bras which I can only find at Dillards..... and elle mcpherson's new ones are good too. I'd rate both of those above VS.

Samr
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
they have no training and don't really know what they are doing.

Where can I sign up for this "training" you speak of?