PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see Ohio State punk the BCS poser Irish...

exstatic
01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
..and I don't even like OSU. ND has lost 8 straight bowl games. There's a reason for that: they're a good but not great program these days, and not BCS material. They only got picked because of a large fan/alumni base.

Horry For 3!
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
It ended up being a pretty good game. Notre Dame couldn't get that last stop though for the offense to get the ball back.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
AJ Hawk's the most dominant conservative linebacker in the nation

its like Marcus Bryant's dominant aggie avatar

LOLOL marcus bryant

Horry For 3!
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
AJ Hawk's the most dominant conservative linebacker in the nation

its like Marcus Bryant's dominant aggie avatar

LOLOL marcus bryant
That dude disappeared :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm glad Notre Dame lost, I'm gonna be laughing at a lot of people tomorrow.

hussker
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
WAY TO GO BIG OOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I hate the University of Mother Mary...LOSERS! WOW..AJ HAwk has NAILED TWO members of the Quinn family now!!!! YEEHAA!!!!!

KewlKat00
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
WOW..AJ HAwk has NAILED TWO members of the Quinn family now!!!! YEEHAA!!!!!

:lol nice.

hussker
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks! :lol

kskonn
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
..and I don't even like OSU. ND has lost 8 straight bowl games. There's a reason for that: they're a good but not great program these days, and not BCS material. They only got picked because of a large fan/alumni base.

they weren't picked it was an automatic Bid since they were ranked in the tope 10 and had 9 wins. Ohio state was picked over oregon.

Besides oregon was the team everyone was calling out to be in that bowl and they lost their bowl game as well. Besides Ohio state is a great team, they almost beat Texas with a much less comfortable Troy smith..

kskonn
01-04-2006, 02:15 PM
WAY TO GO BIG OOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I hate the University of Mother Mary...LOSERS! WOW..AJ HAwk has NAILED TWO members of the Quinn family now!!!! YEEHAA!!!!!

AJ Hawk was bad , that guy is a gamer. Big ass nose though. I kept asking my buddy if he thought Hawk was whispering "I am going to pound your sister harder than I just pounded you" everytime he sacked him.

P.S. I am a notre dame fan, I went to school there for a brief stint(1 year) so know I do not just like them to like them. I picked them to beat ohio state so feel free to take your shots now..

However I also picked Oregon to Lose their game and they did, so that made me fill a little better.

theMUHMEshow
01-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I am glad OSU won. They were hands down a better team. I hate them both but at least I respect OSU's athletic talent

FromWayDowntown
01-04-2006, 02:59 PM
they weren't picked it was an automatic Bid since they were ranked in the tope 10 and had 9 wins. Ohio state was picked over oregon.

Actually, ND got an automatic bid because they were in the BCS top 6. This year, the rules applicable to Notre Dame say that they are treated like a conference champion if they end the season ranked in the BCS Top 6. Thus, when the BCS bowls went to choose teams, there were 7 automatic qualifiers:

USC (Pac-10 Champion)
Texas (Big XII Champion)
Penn State (Big Ten Champion)
Florida State (ACC Champion)
Georgia (SEC Champion)
West Virginia (Big East Champion)
Notre Dame (Top 6 in BCS)

As kskonn correctly explained, there was one BCS at-large bid left, and that came down to the decision between Ohio State (#4 in the BCS rankings) and Oregon (#5 in the BCS rankings). The Fiesta Bowl sagely chose Ohio State.

The BCS bowls could not have rejected Notre Dame any more than they could have rejected West Viriginia or Florida State.

Notre Dame

kskonn
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Actually, ND got an automatic bid because they were in the BCS top 6. This year, the rules applicable to Notre Dame say that they are treated like a conference champion if they end the season ranked in the BCS Top 6. Thus, when the BCS bowls went to choose teams, there were 7 automatic qualifiers:

USC (Pac-10 Champion)
Texas (Big XII Champion)
Penn State (Big Ten Champion)
Florida State (ACC Champion)
Georgia (SEC Champion)
West Virginia (Big East Champion)
Notre Dame (Top 6 in BCS)

As kskonn correctly explained, there was one BCS at-large bid left, and that came down to the decision between Ohio State (#4 in the BCS rankings) and Oregon (#5 in the BCS rankings). The Fiesta Bowl sagely chose Ohio State.

The BCS bowls could not have rejected Notre Dame any more than they could have rejected West Viriginia or Florida State.

Notre Dame

Thanks for the good explanation. That makes sense, top six.

JoeChalupa
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
How 'bout them Buckeyes!!!

But the Irish are back baby!

kskonn
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
nd needs some faster guys in the secondary

4 BIG touchdowns for ohio state..ridiculous

definitely. The secondary is the biggest weakness on that team. they are great hitters, but only have a couple speedsters that can cover.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Replay is on ESPN right now.