PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks indefinitely suspended Jerome James

ducks
01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Knicks suspend James
January 2, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Knicks indefinitely suspended Jerome James on Monday for conduct detrimental to the team, saying the center was unprepared to practice Sunday.

The Knicks said they would not comment further on the suspension, and coach Larry Brown would not address James or his status before the Knicks'

"I'm not commenting on Jerome," Brown said. "He's not on the active list. I'm talking about active players right now."

The 7-foot-1 James, who spent the past four seasons with Seattle, has been a disappointment after signing a five-year, $30 million contract with New York. He has been limited to just 14 games because of conditioning and injury issues, averaging 3.4 points, 2.5 rebounds and 10.4 minutes.

James was not in the locker room before the game.

Also, the Knicks announced that Penny Hardaway has been given permission to leave the team to work out with his own trainers in Houston. The oft-injured Hardaway has appeared in just four games while spending much of the season on the inactive list because of knee and leg troubles.

Brown said Hardaway would work out twice a day, with former NBA coach John Lucas in the afternoon and then with his own strength coach.

"We talked and he wasn't getting enough work here," Brown said. "He told me we're playing a lot of games, we've been traveling. He told me he could work out twice a day, and he's done it before and he really felt confident that this would help him.

"I think he feels strongly now he knows what the problem's been. Getting his quads stronger in both legs will help him run, and then working out twice a day will get the conditioning that he wouldn't get if he was here."

romsho
01-02-2006, 10:53 PM
How does Isiah keep his job?

travis2
01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
And there was at least one idiot in here who wanted James???

Once again...with some people, you buy them books and buy them books and all they do is eat the pages...

Taco
01-03-2006, 08:49 AM
I guess Malik's back in the rotation

ducks
01-03-2006, 09:22 AM
nope he played 4 minutes in triple overtime last night

Vashner
01-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Uber Dog House...

Guess Malik might get to come out of the tiny doghouse... :)

NBA coach John Lucas

LOL wait isn't this the dude that build that steep hill platform that was like ripping up the Spurs knees and stuff??

Oh, Gee!!
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I wonder if JJ wants to give us respect now.

boutons_
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
If JJ can't retain an active role on the 8-21 Knicks alongside Frye and Curry, he really should get the message that he's not an NBA player, which is certainly the message the rest of the league has (minus Isaiah).

$30M over 5 years for doing nothing after the first 2 months of the contract.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, this settles it. I'm going to send the Knicks a tape of me sitting on my couch eating cookies and chips along with a note explaining how I'd be willing to do all of this for them at a fraction of the cost that JJ is doing it.