PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is better?

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Steve Nash or Jason Kidd (I'm thinking Kidd during his healthy days and Nash during his MVP season)?

Reason I'm asking, I just Nash's boxscore against the Knicks last night...28 points and 22 assists! :wow And that's playing without Amare, Richardson, and Johnson this season.

Vashner
01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Nash is better today number wise. But he's an America Hating leftist punk greaser. So I don't care for him much. Kidd on the other hand told Duncan and Pop no and does not have a ring. He is just a plain dumbass, influenced by Amerca Hating leftist punk greasers (Jersey fools).

Warlord23
01-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Passing skills are comparable. Kidd is easily the better rebounder and defender. Nash is a much better shooter.

Overall career so far, I'd go with Kidd. He's had several exceptional years, with 5 All-NBA 1st team selections. His game has pretty much held steady down the years apart from injury worries. Nash didn't quite make as much if a splash early on in his NBA career. Even in his time with Dallas, he was regarded as a good but not great PG. In fact, if it had not been for last year, no one would be putting Nash and Kidd in the same breath.

However, I think Nash has just found the perfect system in Phoenix. It seems to suit him better than in Dallas, because this Suns team runs the break on every possession, whereas Dallas mixed in a running game with a bit of half-court with Dirk. And the finishers are better in Phoenix.

So if you're comparing their respective peaks, it's a toss-up. I'd go with Nash by a hair's breadth because he can nail down clutch shots when needed, which is a question mark with Kidd. But overall career (so far) goes to Kidd hands down.

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Interesting. I was thinking Nash, as well. Though Kidd is a better rebounder and defender, Nash has the edge offensively and they're pretty tied when it comes to passing skills and "Court vision"

Looking at Nash last season, and this season...he's really turned up his game and if the Suns manage to win their division, I'd put in consideration for another MVP. I mean 22 assists and 28 points in a back to back game is just sick.

boutons_
01-03-2006, 10:43 AM
"if the Suns manage to win their division"

... a measure of nothing, especially of no value for MVP, when to win PD the Suns need only have a better record than the Clips.

JamStone
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
While 28 pts and 22 asts are impressive numbers, you do realize that Steve Nash played in a TRIPLE OVERTIME game and played 55 minutes right? If it was a regulation game where Nash played his normal 36 minutes or so, those 22 asts would be closer to 14-15 asts. Still impressive, but not jaw-dropping.

Jason Kidd in his prime when healthy was the better point guard.

But, Steve Nash is a lot more fun and creative, in my opinion. And, he's proving again this year that he's a major difference maker in this league, especially how he's kept the Suns stable and winning without Amare. If he finishes this season as strong as he's started, I may have to reconsider whether Kidd in his prime is better. But, that's where I land right now.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
This is a tough one. It's hard to argue against Nash's impact in Phoenix, but you also have to be impressed with a guy who is so good that he fools the world into thinking Kenyon Martin is worth big money. I think I'd probably take Nash-he can actually shoot the ball, and hasn't smacked around his wife.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Playin at this age, i pick nash, kidd has never recovered after that knee injury, but who cares about him, he had his chance and he blew it to play with td.

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
"if the Suns manage to win their division"

... a measure of nothing, especially of no value for MVP, when to win PD the Suns need only have a better record than the Clips.

Yes, and the Clipps are pretty good. My point being that the Suns completely overhauled their roster and lost their #1 option to an injury for the majority of the season. The fact that they would not only manage to win their division but also have a winning record is a testament of Nash's skills.

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 01:22 PM
But, Steve Nash is a lot more fun and creative, in my opinion. And, he's proving again this year that he's a major difference maker in this league, especially how he's kept the Suns stable and winning without Amare. If he finishes this season as strong as he's started, I may have to reconsider whether Kidd in his prime is better. But, that's where I land right now.

:tu

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 01:23 PM
but you also have to be impressed with a guy who is so good that he fools the world into thinking Kenyon Martin is worth big money..

:lmao I never thought of it that way. Then again, you can say that Nash did that for Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson...:)

sanman53
01-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Im glad Jkidd chose NJ over us, I think TP is the perfect fit for Pops system. Kidd may have slowed TP down a few years. Kidd was on the downhill after the finals. TP is beginning his prime, and with the help of Chip and the patience of the Spurs system, he will be an amazing PG for the Spurs. GO SPURS GO6!