PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here watch Days of Our Lives?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Are you appalled by the fact that they are killing off little Zack???

After watching the show since 1978 :lmao I have to say that this storyline is not something I'd ever think they'd do.

It's going to destroy Bo and Hope.

travis2
01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
1978?!?! :wow

You need to get a life, Kori. :lmao

MiNuS
01-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Alborada,I hear is the Mexican novela to watch. My mom and suegra have a GTG with the comadres to watch this thing.

SA210
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
OMG, growing up, my sister always watched that show. I hate soap operas. They'd do any storyline. Marlena was possesed. John on death row, i think a cop, and a priest.
I still say they are gonna bring back "Patch" one of these days. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Given soap characters propensity for coming back to life and the always possible "it was all only a bad dream" scenario, Zack may live yet.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Given soap characters propensity for coming back to life and the always possible "it was all only a bad dream" scenario, Zack may live yet.

No, I don't think so. They need his organs to give to baby Claire.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2006, 11:49 AM
No, I don't think so. They need his organs to give to baby Claire.

Sounds serious. They may need to break out a cloning storyline.

travis2
01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
No no no...the real Zack was kidnapped and replaced by a another baby altered to look like the real Zack...records and everything. Big cover-up. The fake Zack is supposed to grow up to be a spy.

Oh wait...General Hospital did that one back in the '80s. My bad. :oops

:lol

Spurminator
01-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Are they killing him off as a child, or did he suddenly become an 80 year old man with Alzheimers over the weekend?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 12:13 PM
They are killing him off as a 3year old kid.

Spurminator
01-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, my wife will be devastated.

travis2
01-03-2006, 12:18 PM
They are killing him off as a 3year old kid.

His parents must have demanded a raise...

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Wow, my wife will be devastated.

Chelsea hit him with her car on Friday and kept driving (she didn't realize what she hit - she thought she hit a pothole or something). So now supposedly, Hope (his mom) is going to find him in the street and he's going to be brain dead, etc. Then they'll pull the plug and use his organs to save baby Claire.

Meanwhile, Bo (his dad and Chelsea's dad) told Chelsea that he wouldn't tell anyone that she got in another accident. So I'm sure they'll figure out that Chelsea is the one that hit Zack and it will cause chaos in Salem. She basically killed her own brother and her dad helped her cover it up.

:lmao @ myself.

ObiwanGinobili
01-03-2006, 12:24 PM
after all the shit Hope has been thru.... damn it theis is the last thing she needs.

I'm really surprised that Hope isn;t in a mental house allready.

travis2
01-03-2006, 12:37 PM
:lmao @ myself.

Yeah, they are strangely addicting...my (then) girlfriend got me hooked on GH in college...but I managed to break away from the darkness once I graduated...:lmao

2centsworth
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Kori,

my mother is obsessed with Days of our lives. She's been watching it as long as you have. She watches the replay every night at 12 or 1am. I used to watch it as a kid along with general hospital when luke and laura was the censored.

Summers
01-03-2006, 12:53 PM
If I weren't into corny things like *nsync and Harry Potter, I would totally be making fun of all y'all right now. :lol

Spurminator
01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Turns out my wife already knew... I thought I could scoop her on her favorite show, now I just look silly.

2Blonde
01-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I am totally into All My Kids, One Life to Live & General Hospital. I have been since college days back in 1980. Damn I'm old.

ObiwanGinobili
01-03-2006, 01:04 PM
OLTL, Days & GH.

BTW- didi you know that the "Jessie's Girl" guy is coming back.... what's his name? Rick Springfield??

travis2
01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
OLTL, Days & GH.

BTW- didi you know that the "Jessie's Girl" guy is coming back.... what's his name? Rick Springfield??

Yes.

And I'm embarrassed to say I know that...:oops

:lol

2Blonde
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
OLTL, Days & GH.

He's already back. They have him back as an alcoholic, washed up surgeon. They have a guy who looks just like the younger version of him as his son who is the new super stud surgeon.

angel_luv
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah, they are strangely addicting...

For sure.. here I am engrossed in the thread and I don't even watch the show! :lol

KEDA
01-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Ive been known to watch an episode of The Young and The Restless every now and then

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 01:49 PM
OMG, growing up, my sister always watched that show. I hate soap operas. They'd do any storyline. Marlena was possesed. John on death row, i think a cop, and a priest.
I still say they are gonna bring back "Patch" one of these days. :lol

Oh my god, those are my exact thoughts as well! I hate soaps but growing up my sis always watched them...and I still remember that "Season" where Marlena was possessed by the devil and John was a priest or something? :lmao

1Parker1
01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
If I weren't into corny things like *nsync and Harry Potter, I would totally be making fun of all y'all right now. :lol

:lol :lol

easjer
01-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Yep! John was a priest when Marlena was possessed. I still can't believe they actually dragged that out over a whole summer, it was so stupid and yet so compelling . . .

I also love how they invent kids and how kids age (Sean Douglas going from 8 to 16, Sammi just randomly showing up as John and Marlena's kid, Lucas . . .). Just LOVE it.

I don't watch regularly, but I catch an odd episode every few weeks - It's amazing how little I miss, and how quickly I'm caught up. . .

My mom watches it once or twice a week, depending on her days off, and always rolls her eyes over it, but has watched since she was in college . . .

Anyone see the episode of A Wedding Story (TLC) where the characters from a soap opera were on it? I missed the intro to that show, and was so confused about how they had video of the woman driving off a pier . . . and her telling about how she ended up on a desert island and became a native princess, but then came back to whatever town . . . and remarried her husband, but then they had another baby and they got divorced because of her postpartum depression, and she's also previously married her husband's brother and grandfather . . . and I was so fucking confused until I realized they were doing the show about the soap opera. It was funny to hear all the story lines of fifteen-twenty years layed out like that.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Sammi just randomly showing up as John and Marlena's kid,

Sammi isn't John and Marlena's kid. She's Roman and Marlena's kid (along with her twin brother Eric) and she's been on the show for over 20 years - she never randomly showed up.

easjer
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
OH, and remember when John was Roman and Roman was somebody else and Hope was Princess Gina, but Alice KNEW that she was really Hope? Oh, and when Hope died in the big explosion on the boat when Stefano kidnapped everyone? Oh, and isn't awesome how EVERY daughter of Marlena's has a wedding ruined somehow?

Those were the days!

easjer
01-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Sammi isn't John and Marlena's kid. She's Roman and Marlena's kid (along with her twin brother Eric) and she's been on the show for over 20 years - she never randomly showed up.

Bah! You are right. I just forget because it was before my time and she'd been out of the picture for awhile before she showed up to ruin Carrie and Austin's wedding. What about Chelsea then? She's a new invention, isn't she?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Bah! You are right. I just forget because it was before my time and she'd been out of the picture for awhile before she showed up to ruin Carrie and Austin's wedding. What about Chelsea then? She's a new invention, isn't she?

Chelsea is Bo and Billie's daughter Georgia that was kidnapped by the DiMeras at birth (we knew that at the time) but Bo/Billie were told by the hospital staff that the baby died at birth.

About a year and a half ago, they started getting hints she was alive and they went on a wild goose chase looking for. It ends up she was alive and well and living in Salem. Her adoptive parents died in a car accident recently and now she's hanging out with the Bradys etc.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I spent a summer laughing my ass off at The Bold and Beautiful. My little sister had nothing to do but watch TV over the summer because she was too young to get a job, so she decided to get into daytime TV. B&B would come on 12:30, which was around the same time that I was dragging my ass out of bed.

You had Ridge and Thorn Forrester, who were possibly the worst actors I had ever seen. One of them looked (and frankly kind of sounded) like Phil Hartman when he would do the Frankenstein impressions. Then there was the skanky chick who had been married to both of those guys, plus their dad. I forget which one she was with but at the time, but she was trying to have a baby and since her man was shooting blanks she tried to seduce the other brother by tricking him into thinking his wife thought it was a good idea. Oh lord, it was hilarious! It make me respect my sister's memory skills because she kept these things straight better than I could ever.

SA210
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
I am totally into All My Kids, One Life to Live & General Hospital. I have been since college days back in 1980. Damn I'm old.
It's All My Children

travis2
01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
When I was in college in the early '80s, they were running the real Grant/fake Grant storyline on GH that I alluded to above. It got so out of hand that a friend of mine and I started launching off on our own storylines for the two Grants...which of course were weirder than the actual storyline, but (given how weird the storyline was already) not by much...:lol

2Blonde
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
It's All My Children
No shit , Sherlock !!! :lol But people call it All My Kids. It's a throw back from my college days. We all scheduled our classes around it and that's what we referred to it as.

SA210
01-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I know, :lol

easjer
01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
DOOL is good, but Passions is even better for far out story lines.

Oh, to be home when this stuff is on. . . sigh.

2Blonde
01-03-2006, 03:04 PM

DVR !!!

easjer
01-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Too expensive . . . just like (fast) internet at home right now

:depressed

But maybe in a few months when the credit card is paid off and some of the other debt as well. . .

:spin

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Passions is absolutely the worst soap opera in the history of television. When I first saw it, I seriously thought it was a satirical show making fun of other soap operas. The storylines are so wacked. I see it from time to time but I don't watch it regularly.

easjer
01-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I know. It's horrible.

I'm in awe of their ability of to top the cheesiness of the possession. Do you remember her yellow eyes? All I know is that I would be upset if my exorcist took THAT much time. John was pretty ineffective priest. . .

:rofl

SA210
01-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I used to watch that Kobe and As Shaq Turns soap opera,

I got bored.

David Bowie
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I've be watching it on and off for about 10 years. And knowing that it's Days of Our Lives, who knows, maybe he's not "really" dead. Perheps its just an illusion like all the other people who "died" a few years ago :lol

Ishta
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I just wish that Shawn would find out that Claire is his daughter.. I swear Kate is such a fucking bitch!

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
lol, you guys are old

ShoogarBear
01-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Are you appalled by the fact that they are killing off little Zack???

Any relation to BigZak?

And has he been 3 since 1978????

E20
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I actually watch Days of our Lives. I'd figured it would be Shawn or someone else closely related to him to be the donor. Also, what happend to Tony Dimera, is Alex North the new baddie. I remember watching an old episode, the one where Bo and Hope get married in England and it was suprising to see Tony as a normal person.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Tony DiMera is in jail. I'm sure he'll get out soon, somehow. Yeah Alex is the current bad guy, but he's not really that bad -- I don't think.

E20
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Tony DiMera is in jail. I'm sure he'll get out soon, somehow. Yeah Alex is the current bad guy, but he's not really that bad -- I don't think.
The way Alex told John that Marlena would be in grave danger gave the sense that the other girl doctor vouching for John is going to be the danger.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
The way Alex told John that Marlena would be in grave danger gave the sense that the other girl doctor vouching for John is going to be the danger.

Yeah, she's trying to kill Marlena.

2Blonde
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
lol, you guys are old
No way... We are just like the ladies on the soaps...We never age.. :princess

Kori Ellis
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
No way... We are just like the ladies on the soaps...We never age.. :princess

True. I've been 25 for like 13 years now. :spin

Having a 24 year old husband helps. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
01-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh my god, those are my exact thoughts as well! I hate soaps but growing up my sis always watched them...and I still remember that "Season" where Marlena was possessed by the devil and John was a priest or something? :lmao

omg! I remeber that ... I had to take a break from it after that.... just tooo pathetic.

ObiwanGinobili
01-03-2006, 09:42 PM

The absolute best show of all time for "way out story lines" is Dark Shadows.
Now that was some good stuff right there. man I love Barnabas. who wouldn't love a vampire with a heart of gold??

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
AMC > DoOL

dawn
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Kori, you and I have talked Days before! I freaking have watched this damn show as long as I can remember. I also love Passions. Hey, I swear by this website when I miss an episode, want a upcoming scoop, or want to go back and see all the past players. Check it out!
www.soapoperafan.com :spin

Ishta
01-04-2006, 12:47 PM
www.theearlyedition.blogspot.com

This is also a good spoiler website