PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree Recycling on 01/11/06

ZStomp
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.sanantonio.gov/news/NewsReleases/nrTreeRecycling.asp?res=1280&ver=true

Give your tree new life after the holidays

- Residents asked to recycle Christmas trees -

Residents are asked to take part in a holiday “tree-dition” by recycling their fresh cut Christmas trees on Wednesday, January 11. Trees should be placed out curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on this special scheduled collection day.

Here are guidelines to help residents prepare their Christmas tree for collection:

* Strip of all decorations, nails and stands before being placed out for collection;
* Trees longer than six feet should be cut in half.
* Do not wrap tree in plastic.
* Place tree on the front curb for collection; no trees will be picked up in alleys.
* Flocked trees will be accepted.

All trees collected will be taken to the Bitters Brush Recycling Center, 1800 Bitters Road, and shredded into pine mulch. The mulch from Christmas trees will be available to the City’s Solid Waste rate payers for free on a “first come, first serve” basis beginning, Saturday, January 21, at the Bitters Brush Recycling Center.

When entering the Bitters Brush Recycling Center, residents will be asked to present a recent CPS Energy bill indicating the City’s solid waste payment fee and a driver’s license to validate residency to avoid being charged a service fee. The brush center is open seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mulch, when used in gardens, helps keep weeds down, helps insulate the soil from freezes, conserves water and provides beneficial microorganisms to bedding plants.

Residents who miss the January 11 recycle day can take their Christmas trees to the Bitters Road Brush Recycling Center free of charge until Saturday, January 21, with identification as a City Solid Waste rate payer. Rate paying residents may only drop off their Christmas trees free of charge; fees will be charged for other types of trees or brush items.

Each year, the City recycles more than 28,000 trees, saving valuable landfill space and preserving natural resources. Please do your part to preserve our environment by recycling each day.

For more information on Christmas tree recycling and obtaining free pine mulch, call 3-1-1.

Silver21_Black20
01-04-2006, 01:39 AM
We already have our tree by the curb...its been there since Monday.

JoeChalupa
01-04-2006, 01:40 AM
I've already recyled mine.....it's back in the box.

timvp
01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
:jack

My Christmas tree is in the dumpster where it will receive a proper burial.

The sone
01-04-2006, 02:41 AM
dont worry z...im gonna strip the needles and make a nest, then im gonna go and find me a woman and woo her with my craftiness and bedding skills...

SA210
01-04-2006, 02:43 AM
It's HOLIDAY tree

ZStomp
01-04-2006, 03:56 AM
dont worry z...im gonna strip the needles and make a nest, then im gonna go and find me a woman and woo her with my craftiness and bedding skills...

Take the tree out beatch!! :lmao

SequSpur
01-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I threw my tree on a side street.

ZStomp
01-04-2006, 03:59 AM
Christmas trees blow.

SA210
01-04-2006, 05:59 AM
I still need to get one,

wait a minute...