PDA

View Full Version : Problems with iPod.

usckk
01-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Many artists in my "artists" list in my Ipod is missing. This is very annoying as I have to scroll through all 2000 songs to find a song. Also, some songs are missing in the list of songs for each artists. I make sure i add the artist name and title of songs in itunes too. Any ideas what my problem is? Could it be that I change the title and artist names after I transfer or vice versa?

Ginofan
01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Are the file names correct? I had that problem with alot of songs until i went through each of them and right clicked the song and chose properties then clicked on the "summary" tab and then advanced. Some of the songs didn't have the right artists or titles, or actually anything at all...which kept me from getting a listing on my ipod.

usckk
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Yes, all the file names have been changed.

Marklar MM
01-04-2006, 08:58 PM
You have to go to properties-advanced. Even if the song's title is, say, "Foo Fighters - DOA", it might not even have the properties and such filled out. Your ipod reads these properties, and assigns the name values based on them.

Ginofan
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
You have to go to properties-advanced. Even if the song's title is, say, "Foo Fighters - DOA", it might not even have the properties and such filled out. Your ipod reads these properties, and assigns the name values based on them.

Yeah that's what i was trying to say...but i think you said it better :lol

usckk
01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
What do I do in preferences-advanced?

usckk
01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I changed the file names through "get info" when i right click the songs

usckk
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I think i'm diong what yall are telling me to do; I just have a different version of Itunes.

Nbadan
01-05-2006, 04:10 AM
I think i'm diong what yall are telling me to do; I just have a different version of Itunes.

No the problem is with the mp3 tags that IPods and other devices use to read the names of songs/artists/genre and other information. To edit these tags just start the song with with windows media player, highlight the song name on the right, and right click, then go to the advanced tag editor to change the information for these tracks.

Slomo
01-05-2006, 05:15 AM
My favourite tool for editing the mp3 tags (your problem is missing info in the tags).
http://www.id3-tagit.de/english/index.htm

PM5K
01-05-2006, 05:27 AM
I use that as well and it works great, especially for large collections, get it and tag your emptythrees...

usckk
01-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Okay, thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

usckk
01-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Can I still change the tags even though all my songs are in my iPod?

Slomo
01-05-2006, 06:58 AM
yes you can.

I presume you have a PC (if you have a Mac it might be slightly different).
When you connect the iPod to the PC it recognizes it as a hard disk. You need to right click on that new hard disk and in the property window make sure it is not read-only (if it is just uncheck the little square and choose apply). Then you point your id tag software to that disk and do whatever you need to do.

If you only have a few tags you can do it directly from iTunes, but for numerous changes I find Tag-it more practical.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Man i think was thinkin about gettin the nano just for uni....now i have to rethink about spendin that money on that or just a crap mp3 player that does the same job wiht lil memory only...