PDA

View Full Version : UT - The Asterick Champs of 2006

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
*** Knee down

*** Catch and fumble ruled incomplete pass.

Enjoy the asterick, sips.

:drunk

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
* or no *

The title is theirs

Vince Young = Heman

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
*** Knee down

Enjoy not even going to a bowl, therefore not even sniffing an asterisk. What about that interception that wasn't reviewed later in the first half. Also, it would have been first and 10 at the 12 with Texas rolling even if they had reviewed it. I guess some people just wanna be bitches.

MannyIsGod
01-05-2006, 12:40 AM
*** Knee down

Oh thats fucking lame. I'm not a fan, but what about the INT that wasn't called?

Thats so beyond fucking weak. Man up and give them the respect they deserve. VY fucking OWNED>

hussker
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
AGHORN WAR HYMN (You are lost if you cannot sing along to the Aggie War Hymn)

Goodbye to CaliCondom
TRO-Oh-JANs
So long to the Scarlet and the Maize

Goodluck to dear old t.u. longhorns
Hurt the men of Troy
So you can go and Graze

The EYES of TEXAS are upon you
And we want you to do so well
(BEAT THE HELL)
Out of

Trojans you have a leinart and a bush
We will dethrone them until
JOEPA HAS A STROKE
BOWDEN WANTS TO CHOKE
This point spread
Is such a FUCKING JOKE!!!!

Kill of the Men of Troy
Kill off the Men of Troy
Kill Off the Men of Troy
FAST!

AY...
WHOOP!

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
AHF is like a Lakers fan now.

Brodels
01-05-2006, 12:44 AM
:lol

I don't care very much about college football and I don't really cares who wins any game, but you're pretty weak tonight, AHF.

You're certainly the Ray Allen of the College Football Forum tonight.

Drop the jealousy and bitterness. Texas won. Great game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Just calling it as I see it :lol

The official word is the Vince Young immaculate lateral could not be reviewed due to a "malfunction" in the replay booth. All they had to do is turn on ABC :lol

SequSpur
01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Texas smacked that California ass!

chode_regulator
*** Knee down

you are so gay and a fucking chode to be sure
what about the catch the usc receiver madein the 2nd quarter taht was obviously trapped against the ground and even reviewed and still called a catch?
and the interecption by texas that wasnt reviewed????????
quite being a sore loser, even though technically you didnt lose.
you are a fucking chode ass faggot andthe longhorns dominate.
fuck off AHF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Brodels, if all the bandwagon sips like Dio can claim this title as their own, I can point out the magnificent failure of instant replay on the grandest stage of all.

I was ready to give Texas their props for winning tonight (even made money on the game, thanks VY!), just wish they could have done it legitimately.

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Excuses are for losers, AHF = LOSER

Also, you forget. Steve Smith didn't catch that ball, it hit the ground. There was an INT that Texas had that was called incomplete.

Aggie Hoopsfan
you are a fucking chode ass faggot andthe longhorns dominate.
fuck off AHF

Hook, line, sinker :lmao

Spurminator
Who cares... They reverse that play and Young scores on the next one. And they probably hit the extra point because they aren't rushing to kick it before the play can be reviewed.

And then they probably hit the Field Goal because there are no jitters resulting from a missed Extra Point. USC gets deflated, Texas scores on every subsequent posession... Texas wins 71-31.

See? It wouldn't have mattered.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Steve Smith didn't catch that ball, it hit the ground.

Sure looked like his hand was under the ball to me.

Still can't believe Carroll didn't punt at the end. that was dumb.

FromWayDowntown
Both teams dealt with bad calls and, in the end, Texas overcame that better than USC did. That game should have been over when Jarrett scored with 6 minutes left in the 4th, but the USC Defense got manhandled by Vince Young. The SC coaches did their team no favors by: (1) calling a pass on 2nd down with 2 minutes left in the game; and (2) going for 4th down and not trying to make Young take the Horns the length of the field in the last 2 minutes. But with that said, UT earned that win and they deserve props for having played well enough to win.

Brodels
Brodels, if all the bandwagon sips like Dio can claim this title as their own, I can point out the magnificent failure of instant replay on the grandest stage of all.

I was ready to give Texas their props for winning tonight (even made money on the game, thanks VY!), just wish they could have done it legitimately.

I'd drop it. Great comeback. Calls will always get screwed up in big moments. It happens in all team sports. Texas did the job down the stretch when it mattered. Give 'em their props, count your money, and move on.

T Park
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
damn.

Aggie = Phil Jackson?

Hook Dem
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
how Sweet It Is!!!!!!!!

chode_regulator
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Hook, line, sinker :lmao
?????????????????????

Sure looked like his hand was under the ball to me.

Still can't believe Carroll didn't punt at the end. that was dumb.

if you really believe that, then you are the biggest dumbass i know. i think even usc fans would admit that the ball was trapped.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
going for 4th down and not trying to make Young take the Horns the length of the field in the last 2 minutes.

******* I concur ***********

chode_regulator
Both teams dealt with bad calls and, in the end, Texas overcame that better than USC did. That game should have been over when Jarrett scored with 6 minutes left in the 4th, but the USC Defense got manhandled by Vince Young. The SC coaches did their team no favors by: (1) calling a pass on 2nd down with 2 minutes left in the game; and (2) going for 4th down and not trying to make Young take the Horns the length of the field in the last 2 minutes. But with that said, UT earned that win and they deserve props for having played well enough to win.
x2
and AHF
quite being mad that texas wont a title.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Who cares... They reverse that play and Young scores on the next one. And they probably hit the extra point because they aren't rushing to kick it before the play can be reviewed.

And then they probably hit the Field Goal because there are no jitters resulting from a missed Extra Point. USC gets deflated, Texas scores on every subsequent posession... Texas wins 71-31.

See? It wouldn't have mattered.

T Park
01-05-2006, 12:53 AM
the A&M childish hate over UT

blinds him.

Im sure a good friend of mine who went to A&M will say the same stupid stuff tommarow.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
*** Knee down

Either way.. "The greatest college football team ever" should have been able to overcome a bad call or 2.

Pistons < Spurs
7 points are on the board that shouldn't be.

IMO that was even worse than the Miami v. Ohio travesty.

That being said, props to Texas for being clutch. That was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Aggie Hoopsfan
if you really believe that, then you are the biggest dumbass i know. =
http://www.fishing.com/afftaLogo.gif

Horry For 3!
Also, USC were up by 12 pts with 6 mins left and they had a chance to stop Texas and win. They couldn't. Vince Young is fucking bad ass.

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 12:54 AM
All USC had to do is make that 1st down on 4th down to win. They didn't. USC had many of chances to win.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 12:54 AM

blinds him.

Actually Tfart, I'm just having fun at the expense of all the t-shirt t-sips on the board.

Spurminator
01-05-2006, 12:55 AM

Your logic is baffling. This wasn't a fourth down play.

exstatic
01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
:lol:rollin. Even if they called Young down on that lateral, UT was steamrollin, and do you think Young wouldn't have run it in himself a play or two later? USC was grasping at smoke when they tried to tackle him.

Young OWN3D.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-05-2006, 12:57 AM

IMO that was even worse than the Miami v. Ohio travesty.

That being said, props to Texas for being clutch. That was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Bitter party of 4 your table is ready

T Park
01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
lol

the UT Haters are out in full force.

Actually Tfart

Good lord, grow up.

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Also, USC were up by 12 pts with 6 mins left and they had a chance to stop Texas and win. They couldn't. Vince Young is fucking bad ass.

Again, though, it could have been even better than that for SC. Had they run the ball on 2nd down at midfield, they burn clock or force UT to spend a timeout -- and quite likely they gain at least a yard or two. Think of the domino effect of that decision: Leinart throws incomplete, USC gains 4-5 yards on 3rd down, but is a yard short of a first and has to make a 4th down decision. Run the ball on 2nd down and gain one yard, and the game would have pretty much been over.

Even at that, UT would have been hard-pressed to get to the end zone had SC punted at that point. They would have had another 20-30 yards to go and a few less seconds to get that done. That's a much more daunting task than driving the 50 yards.

I understand why they went for it, but I think (much like I thought Tressel aided the Longhorns with similar bad decisions in September) that SC's pride got in the way of good decision-making, and ultimately cost them the game.

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Your logic is baffling. This wasn't a fourth down play.

The logic is simple. His knee was down. Period.

You seem to assume that it is automatic that the very next play he is guaranteed to score anyways. Where is the logic there.

I have no problem w/ Texas winning.

I have no vested interest in either team. I just don't like seeing a victory occuring due to the refs. This was a blatant mistake.

Bad calls happen all the time, and to both teams....but a bad call that directly leads to points on the board have greater impact in a game.

Hook Dem
01-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Eat Your Heart Out Haters :elephant :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Tpark,

Grow up. People run smack on this board all the time. Hell, I took the Horns with the spread and took the over. Life is good. Vince was still down though*

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:04 AM
You seem to assume that it is automatic that the very next play he is guaranteed to score anyways. Where is the logic there.

You seem to assume that it is automatic that the very next play he is guaranteed not to score anyways.

I agree..Young was down but the way UT was moving the ball, it is just as possible that they score anyway as it is that they don't.

There were bad calls...but they went both ways...the INT that Texas should have had but didn't....there were three times SC didn't snap the ball when the play clock hit zero..only one was called. Fact of the matter is....UT earned this win.

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM

I have no vested interest in either team. I just don't like seeing a victory occuring due to the refs. This was a blatant mistake.

Bad calls happen all the time, and to both teams....but a bad call that directly leads to points on the board have greater impact in a game.

That's true. Who knows? If Texas runs another play, maybe there's a fumble or an interception . . . we'll never know, but it's not a foregone conclusion that the next play or the plays after that would have resulted in a score -- the greater likelihood is that Texas would have scored, but that doesn't mean it WOULD have happened no matter what.

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
You seem to assume that it is automatic that the very next play he is guaranteed not to score anyways.

I assume nothing. If they had scored in the next 3 plays, then great. I jsut want the opportunity of them having to EARN the TD, and not have it given to them.

samikeyp
Agreed FWD....also doesn't mean they don't score.

Pistons < Spurs
That's true. Who knows? If Texas runs another play, maybe there's a fumble or an interception . . . we'll never know, but it's not a foregone conclusion that the next play or the plays after that would have resulted in a score -- the greater likelihood is that Texas would have scored, but that doesn't mean it WOULD have happened no matter what.
:tu

Hook Dem

I agree..Young was down but the way UT was moving the ball, it is just as possible that they score anyway as it is that they don't.

There were bad calls...but they went both ways...the INT that Texas should have had but didn't....there were three times SC didn't snap the ball when the play clock hit zero..only one was called. Fact of the matter is....UT earned this win.
Thats it in a nutshell !!!!!

Spurminator

Your logic is oversimplified. Teams don't give up posession upon the reversal of a missed call.

By saying the 7 points should not be there, you are making the assumption that, given 4 downs and 12 yards, Texas, having driven the length of the Field with no opposition, would have failed to put any points on the board.

Neither is guaranteed, but it's pretty obvious which is the more likely scenario.

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 01:09 AM
IF they were allowed to play the remaining downs, it very likely could have been only a field goal....hence leading to a tie game......damn, that woulda been good!

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:10 AM
or a touchdown.

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2006, 01:12 AM
or a touchdown.

or, God forbid, an injury to a key player. Who knows?

It was a horrible call and it defeats the entire purpose of replay, but nothing can be done about it now.

USC had it's opportunity to win the game, but the Trojan coaching staff, for lack of a better term, shit the bed.

UT took advantage of that and won the game.

That's all there is to it.

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 01:13 AM
or a touchdown.

But unfortunatly, we'll never know, and that's why I'm not happy w/ the outcome.

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:15 AM
It was a horrible call and it defeats the entire purpose of replay, but nothing can be done about it now

Carroll should have asked for the replay. It was a bad call and the refs should have got it right to begin with.

But unfortunatly, we'll never know, and that's why I'm not happy w/ the outcome.

true...but you can't assume with certainty one way or the other.

Spurminator
01-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I agree it's preferable that every play is called accurately, but I think the importance of this play is overblown due to the fact that it was a touchdown play.

When you consider the enormous odds against USC being able to stop Texas from scoring in that scenario, it's kind of like obsessing over a poor ball placement on a 2nd and inches run on the goal line.

leemajors
01-05-2006, 01:20 AM
what do you say to all those aggie fans running around wearing those retarded shirts with broken horns taped up claiming they are rooting for texas for a day? i hear they have been selling pretty well in college station.

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Carroll should have asked for the replay. It was a bad call and the refs should have got it right to begin with.

I think that's a flaw in the college replay system -- Carroll could have asked and asked and asked, but as I understand the system used at the Rose Bowl, only the booth could get the officials to look at the play. In other words, the on-field officials could not have instigated a replay at Carroll's request.

Carroll could have taken a timeout in the hope that the booth would have seen the error, but he shouldn't be forced to do that to get the call right. ABC had plenty of time before the extra point to show a replay that conclusively established that Young was down. And, more importantly, I think, at full speed the play was a close call, which should have gotten the booth to look at it.

Given some of the other nonsense that got reviewed, it's complete garbage that they didn't take a look at that play.

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Given some of the other nonsense that got reviewed, it's complete garbage that they didn't take a look at that play.

I will agree with that.

baseline bum
01-05-2006, 01:23 AM
What ifs are meaningless. The reality is that Texas won in the most thrilling game I've seen since the 2000 Super Bowl.

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:24 AM
It was a hell of a game by two outstanding teams.

SequSpur
Texas won. USC lost.

Scoreboard.

Pistons < Spurs

:spin

samikeyp
As a Spurs fan, AHF...you should never bring in an asterisk! :lol

ShoogarBear
01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
WTF was USC thinking burning their last time out on the 2-point conversion?

They needed a miracle FG whether UT scored it or not, and losing the TO made it almost impossible.

That was really stupid.

leemajors
01-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Again, though, it could have been even better than that for SC. Had they run the ball on 2nd down at midfield, they burn clock or force UT to spend a timeout -- and quite likely they gain at least a yard or two. Think of the domino effect of that decision: Leinart throws incomplete, USC gains 4-5 yards on 3rd down, but is a yard short of a first and has to make a 4th down decision. Run the ball on 2nd down and gain one yard, and the game would have pretty much been over.

Even at that, UT would have been hard-pressed to get to the end zone had SC punted at that point. They would have had another 20-30 yards to go and a few less seconds to get that done. That's a much more daunting task than driving the 50 yards.

I understand why they went for it, but I think (much like I thought Tressel aided the Longhorns with similar bad decisions in September) that SC's pride got in the way of good decision-making, and ultimately cost them the game.

it's also very very likely v young takes them right down the field again, so... but in regards to the rest of the posts about the blown call - carroll could have easily called time out. it seemed to me that texas took way longer than they should have to snap the ball. i bet carroll would have tried to snap it very quickly given the oppurtunity. this isn't an osu-miami situation where the officials directly determine the outcome of the game with an absolutely horrible call.

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Game Is Over.

Usc Lost To A Better Team.

Vince Young = Heman

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 01:28 AM
WTF was USC thinking burning their last time out on the 2-point conversion?

They needed a miracle FG whether UT scored it or not, and losing the TO made it almost impossible.

That was really stupid.

Yep...really really stupid.

dawn
01-05-2006, 01:30 AM
It was bad calls both ways. The TD Pass in the forth on forth down by USC should not have happened since the damn play clock had expired. We played it back 3 times on TIVO in slow motion and the clock was at 0 before the snap.

Also, who the hell was running that clock. They sucked! Longhorn receiver out of bounds...clock still runs. Refs trying to make a call...clock still runs. 2 point conversion and not even one second ticks off, right! :angel

The calls were bad both ways. It was a fantastic game though that met the hype!

WAY TO GO HORNS!!! :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 01:30 AM
By saying the 7 points should not be there, you are making the assumption that, given 4 downs and 12 yards, Texas, having driven the length of the Field with no opposition, would have failed to put any points on the board.

Well... they had fumbled the ball three times already, whose to say they wouldn't have had a fourth (and one that SC recovered)?

Also, say they only get a FG, we would have gotten a great game going to OT tonight.

I think someone else said it best though - with all the other shit they reviewed, including the retarded review after the Texas player was down for a good second or two and then an SC player ripped it out - not reviewing that play was ridiculous.

word
01-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Oh thats fucking lame. I'm not a fan, but what about the INT that wasn't called?

Thats so beyond fucking weak. Man up and give them the respect they deserve. VY fucking OWNED>

You can't explain aggies....just let it go.

2centsworth
01-05-2006, 02:01 AM

young had already picked up the 1st down. it would have been 1st and goal.

2centsworth
01-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Well... they had fumbled the ball three times already, whose to say they wouldn't have had a fourth (and one that SC recovered)?

Also, say they only get a FG, we would have gotten a great game going to OT tonight.

I think someone else said it best though - with all the other shit they reviewed, including the retarded review after the Texas player was down for a good second or two and then an SC player ripped it out - not reviewing that play was ridiculous.
aggies suck and you're a prime example why. I'm enjoying this championship and I'll enjoy the aggie funeral tomorrow.

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 02:05 AM
young had already picked up the 1st down. it would have been 1st and goal.
It would have been first and ten from the 12 or so. Texas was rolling, and USC had no answer for Young in the red zone. I have no doubt that the not reviewed interception hurt Texas more than the knee down play hurt USC.

Aggiehoopsfan makes me sick in this thread. Kori should put a fucking asterisk on his member name.

mavsfan1000
01-05-2006, 02:12 AM
How does it feel USC to get owned by the Longhorns. Oh by the way way how did the Aggies do? :lol

vincerodriguez23
01-05-2006, 02:20 AM
*** Knee down

screw you, at least we made a bowl game

vincerodriguez23
01-05-2006, 02:20 AM
It would have been first and ten from the 12 or so. Texas was rolling, and USC had no answer for Young in the red zone. I have no doubt that the not reviewed interception hurt Texas more than the knee down play hurt USC.

Aggiehoopsfan makes me sick in this thread. Kori should put a fucking asterisk on his member name.

^^^^^strongly agree, no love for his state

atlfan25
01-05-2006, 02:23 AM
This game deverves an asterisk without a doubt.

*most unreal performance by a player in a championship game

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 02:24 AM

word up.

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 02:24 AM

^^^^^strongly agree

vincerodriguez23
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
^^^^^strongly agree

haters -- someone back me up

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
All these posts on page 3 are a perfect example of why I'll never root for t.u. Too many bandwagon t-shirt t-sips.

travis2
01-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, see, people like you are the reason why I could choose never to root for A&M. It's the fucking Jim Jones kool-aid mentality that many of you show. And I am SOOOOOO glad my daughter dropped that place off her list of colleges to attend...may have a WONDERFUL program, but she doesn't need to have her academic environment polluted by the likes of you.

But see...I can see the big picture...and I choose to believe you are in the minority. So I can root for A&M during bowl season and not choke on my own bile.

Nevertheless, though minority you may be, even one is too many.

Hook Dem
01-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, see, people like you are the reason why I could choose never to root for A&M. It's the fucking Jim Jones kool-aid mentality that many of you show. And I am SOOOOOO glad my daughter dropped that place off her list of colleges to attend...may have a WONDERFUL program, but she doesn't need to have her academic environment polluted by the likes of you.

But see...I can see the big picture...and I choose to believe you are in the minority. So I can root for A&M during bowl season and not choke on my own bile.

Nevertheless, though minority you may be, even one is too many.
Best post.......and right on!!!!!

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 11:58 AM
*** Knee down

Knee down would've given UT a 1st & 10 @ about what, the 15? Yeah, like they were going to get stopped! :lol :lol

No mention about UT getting an INT & the play never reviewed??? JEALOUSY. :lol

No matter, losers are still losers & UT won. :lol :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
What ifs are meaningless. The reality is that Texas won in the most thrilling game I've seen since the 2000 Super Bowl.

True, but kids will be kids. :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Enjoy not even going to a bowl, therefore not even sniffing an asterisk. What about that interception that wasn't reviewed later in the first half. Also, it would have been first and 10 at the 12 with Texas rolling even if they had reviewed it. I guess some people just wanna be bitches.

Cecil, kids will be kids. Adults know that VY won that game & would've continued in from the 12 & scored a TD when his knee did hit.

Jimcs50
01-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Knee down would've given UT a 1st & 10 @ about what, the 15? Yeah, like they were going to get stopped! :lol :lol

No mention about UT getting an INT & the play never reviewed??? JEALOUSY. :lol

No matter, losers are still losers & UT won. :lol :lol

Had they not scored there, they would have scored a TD in a min, then they would not have rushed the extra point and they would have made it...so in reality, this cost the Longhorns 1 point.

Also UT intercepted the pass in the 3rd Q which was not reversed, and that led to a UCS TD....so the calls all evened out.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM

Hey FaggieHoopsFag..sorta got people raining on you like they did when you were UT's Bukkake pivot bitch last night huh? :lol

UT WON GIRL!, get a life & DEAL with it. :lol :lol :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Had they not scored there, they would have scored a TD in a min, then they would not have rushed the extra point and they would have made it...so in reality, this cost the Longhorns 1 point.

Also UT intercepted the pass in the 3rd Q which was not reversed, and that led to a UCS TD....so the calls all evened out.

Yeah, true Jim.
Props for the call in August.

I had a $150 to win $900 prop hit & a $100 to win $205 ML come in.
I prob ate that much in Pepto & Pepcid though! :lol

leemajors
01-05-2006, 12:06 PM
it's u.t. and the t-sip thingy never has made any sense. it's just as stupid as that mcdonalds ad where the people eating cheeseburgers have their pinkies in the air. of course, if you've ever been to the shithole that is bryan/college station you could see why people there would be envious of people living in austin. too much dead dog worship. nothing personal ahf, i just don't see why anyone would ever voluntarily spend more than 30 minutes in college station. it just sucks.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Excuses are for losers, AHF = LOSER

Also, you forget. Steve Smith didn't catch that ball, it hit the ground. There was an INT that Texas had that was called incomplete.

Obviously. :lol
She whines soooo much & posts a UT loss vs Duke but when UT spanks Memphis IN Memphis she doesn't dare jump on the site. I was going to post it to piss her off. :lol

FaggieHoopsFag = Whiner Loser (a disgrace to classy ag fans)

Jimcs50
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah, true Jim.
Props for the call in August.

I had a $150 to win $900 prop hit & a $100 to win $205 ML come in.
I prob ate that much in Pepto & Pepcid though! :lol

Thanks man.

Congrats on you bets too.

I was never this nervous over a college game. I had a feeling that Vince would score the winning TD after USC failed to get the 1st down.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:11 PM

blinds him.

Im sure a good friend of mine who went to A&M will say the same stupid stuff tommarow.

Within minutes buddies from USC & Ohio St called me to wish me well.
FaggieHoopsFag is a textbook example of a Classless kid. :lol

UT won BITCH

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
if you really believe that, then you are the biggest dumbass i know. =
http://www.fishing.com/afftaLogo.gif

I thought I held that award!

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Actually Tfart, I'm just having fun at the expense of all the t-shirt t-sips on the board.

Your whining is seen for what it is kid. :lol
Deal with it kid or the jealosuy will eat you alive for several months til the start of UT's back-to-back! :lol

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm beginning to wonder about that "interception" by Kelson.

While the ground can't cause a fumble, I'm more and more certain that the ground can cause an incompletion. Had Kelson been a wide receiver, I'm pretty sure there would be no doubt that he hadn't caught that pass because he's required to demonstrate control of the ball. Think about the number of times a receiver has his hands on a ball in the air, but hits the ground and has the ball popped out. Nobody claims that those are catches. So, at least on that play, it makes perfect sense to me that the call of incomplete pass (rather than interception) was actually the correct call.

That said, I would have preferred to see both of those calls reviewed and confirmed, but in the end, I don't think the non-review of either call was the deciding factor in the game. USC crapped the bed when it had a chance to win the game, Vince Young put on a remarkable show, and UT did what had to be done to win the game.

Props to the Horns; they are worthy champions.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:23 PM
what do you say to all those aggie fans running around wearing those retarded shirts with broken horns taped up claiming they are rooting for texas for a day? i hear they have been selling pretty well in college station.

If they were classier than the Bitch(faggiehoopsbitch) that is posting here, I'd say I hoped you enjoyed the game & all of you got home safe. I'm sure all UT fans thank you for your support & let's see some good (and injury free) games in '06!

AggieHoopsFag, you cheese has arrived to go with all that WHINE. :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
As a Spurs fan, AHF...you should never bring in an asterisk! :lol

Kids will be kids though Mikey....Look at me! :lol

Extra Stout
01-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Tpark,

Grow up. People run smack on this board all the time. Hell, I took the Horns with the spread and took the over. Life is good. Vince was still down though*
The problem is not with your running smack in general, but rather with its stupefyingly low quality.

Asterisk smack under the circumstances is so exceedingly lame that the A&M Board of Regents may have to consider nullifying your degree so that the school might save face.

If I were in your shoes, I might have taken the angle of addressing reasons why the Longhorns, especially their alumni and fans, suck in spite of winning the championship. For example, how Young's postgame celebration was marred by a sequence of Texas frat boys climbing over themselves offering to be his bun. Or, perhaps warning revelers in Austin to watch out for snipers. Or, addressing how ridiculously freaking lame Matthew McConauwhatever is.

Minimizing the performance of Lord Over All He Surveys Vince Young is just hating.

Extra Stout
01-05-2006, 12:33 PM
West Coast fans would have an easier time running smack because they can take the whole "Texans are rubes" angle. For an Aggie, the four-fingers-pointing-back-at-you rule would apply in spades.

Probably the best option for most Aggies to deal with the UT title is alcoholism. Any residual fury should just be taken out on Dennis Franchione.

j-6
01-05-2006, 12:34 PM
So, in the past year (more or less) we've gotten to see VY and the Horns beat Michigan, Ohio State, OU, and USC. You're dwelling on a play made in the second quarter. All asterisk talk can start and end right fucking there.

If you want to post about the dominance of the Texas A&M women's soccer program, be my guest. Otherwise, you've chosen the wrong day to antagonize the Burnt Orange Nation.

Jimcs50
01-05-2006, 01:17 PM

While the ground can't cause a fumble, I'm more and more certain that the ground can cause an incompletion. Had Kelson been a wide receiver, I'm pretty sure there would be no doubt that he hadn't caught that pass because he's required to demonstrate control of the ball. Think about the number of times a receiver has his hands on a ball in the air, but hits the ground and has the ball popped out. Nobody claims that those are catches. So, at least on that play, it makes perfect sense to me that the call of incomplete pass (rather than interception) was actually the correct call.

That said, I would have preferred to see both of those calls reviewed and confirmed, but in the end, I don't think the non-review of either call was the deciding factor in the game. USC crapped the bed when it had a chance to win the game, Vince Young put on a remarkable show, and UT did what had to be done to win the game.

If you look at the replay, the defender had the ball in his arms when his back hit the ground, then when his head bounced off the turf, the ball popped out. It was an interception. Had they reviewed it, the call would have been reversed. Brown should have called a timeout so they could look at it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
she doesn't need to have her academic environment polluted by the likes of you.

Polluted? Yeah, several posters on this site who have run smack all year about Texas were just the bastions of moralistic integrity :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
when UT spanks Memphis IN Memphis she doesn't dare jump on the site.

Ouch, "she". You got me Dio. Don't know how I'll ever recover from the low blow of you calling me "she."

Actually I didn't even catch any games over the weekend, sorry I didn't tune in to beat off to Rick Barnes like you do every Saturday.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
So, in the past year (more or less) we've gotten to see VY and the Horns beat Michigan, Ohio State, OU, and USC. You're dwelling on a play made in the second quarter. All asterisk talk can start and end right fucking there.

If you want to post about the dominance of the Texas A&M women's soccer program, be my guest. Otherwise, you've chosen the wrong day to antagonize the Burnt Orange Nation.

:lol
AggieHoopsDork's dwelling is going to last a long time. So much WHINE! :lol

She has all of the off season to hear it too! I LOVE IT! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Ouch, "she". You got me Dio. Don't know how I'll ever recover from the low blow of you calling me "she."

Actually I didn't even catch any games over the weekend, sorry I didn't tune in to beat off to Rick Barnes like you do every Saturday.

Hook, Line & SINKER!
It got under your skin enough to get your goat & a reply. :lol

You are toooo easy to son! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Keep embarassing yourself..I love it! :lol

Despot
01-05-2006, 03:14 PM
This is a perfect thread for all those Aggie jokes that we have learned over the years.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
SHE ran off like I took HER lunch money & SHE has to go tell Mommy & Daddy on me. :lol

I had to start another thread to bait HER back on the board.

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
thread of the year

Obstructed_View
01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
What the fuck is an asterick?

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
FaggieHoopsFan*

*chode

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
aNm with honors..That's all this kid brags about..I guess spelling class was only for the ags with CLASS. That leaves our little SISSY BITCH Aggie HoopsFag on the outside looking in. :lol

"I got into anm, I got into anm, I got into anm."
I guess the Alamo Community Colleges' Regents were wise to use a spelling test on the entrance exam. :lol Look what kind of trash got into aNm. :lol :lol :lol

Funny thing is..We all make typos from time to time but this kid just flat PHUCKED up this very "difficult" word! :lol :lol

I am willing to bet SHE is so embarassed SHE corrects HER mistake.

TheAdmiral#50
01-05-2006, 07:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/tu-med.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/horned-hand1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/uttower1s.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/horned-hand1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/tu-med.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/payton34smith22/Texas/283604.jpg

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM

Actually, I think that was toward the end of the first half, and it did hurt because that was about when Texas just rolled down the field without any problems, and it seemed that they would have done it again. I think the score at the half would have been much different, and Texas was more hurt than USC by the knee down.

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 08:22 PM
You always talk some gay smack, and then either say you are joking or cry about how the t-sips do it to your threads. Have some balls, and stand by your stupidity.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Keep embarassing yourself..I love it!

I'm not the one posting new threads in the forum just to try and come up with some weak smack on behalf of a school I wasn't smart enough to get into. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
SHE ran off like I took HER lunch money & SHE has to go tell Mommy & Daddy on me

Some of us have jobs, and can't come post all day on Spurstalk after we're done with our elementary school janitorial lunch hour duties like Dio. :lol

Bo Malette
01-05-2006, 09:51 PM
i respect lunch ladies

without them and their steady supplies of spinach and slappy joes...i wouldnt have my buff and beautiful body

Bo Malette
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
then the janitors who clean up the shit i spill on the floor....without them there wouldnt be a healthy disease-free bo malette

Pistons < Spurs
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM

I absolutely agree. In my humble opinion I do not think that was an interception.

Agree again.

Dre_7
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
About the knee down thing. I have a co-worker who is from LA and is the BIGGEST USC fan I have ever met. he said that the no replay on the knee down had no effect on the final outcome and could not be used as an excuse. I would have to agree with him. So USC fans, sorry no excuses

But UT fans, that incomplete pass that wasnt reviewed, was an incomplete pass.

Overall, the officials did an excellent job and niether team should be able to complain.

Marcus Bryant
01-05-2006, 10:06 PM
eh?

Texas won because USC couldn't stop VY.

This thread is akin to

"With us, we didn't like the taste we had in our mouths all summer. No disrespect to San Antonio, but we knew we could have beat them in Game 7," Rasheed Wallace said.

Well, not exactly, but close.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Some of us have jobs, and can't come post all day on Spurstalk after we're done with our elementary school janitorial lunch hour duties like Dio. :lol

Hmmm, let's see.
Dio, less than 2K posts.
Aggie HoopsFag, 13K + posts. Yeah, you're hard at work Faggie! :lol :lol
Keep embarassing yourself.

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm not the one posting new threads in the forum just to try and come up with some weak smack on behalf of a school I wasn't smart enough to get into. :lol

What Faggie HoopsFag started this one? :lol :lol :lol

Gotcha hook, line & sinker AGAIN! You are too easy son. Go back to beta testing the new Nickelodeon video software. :lol :lol

Bo Malette
01-05-2006, 11:52 PM
I like nickelodeon

Bo Malette
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
when i was 12 i applied to be in Guts but they said i was too strong and powerful for the girls

Mr Dio
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
when i was 12 i applied to be in Guts but they said i was too strong and powerful for the girls

Yes Bo BUT, Faggie HoopsFag IS a GIRL. :lol

leemajors
01-06-2006, 12:34 AM
you guys are taking this way too far, 5 pages is enough. let the aggie be. there is way too much partying going on here in austin to be concerned about this. and Bo Malette, if that stingray avatar is a reference to being from victoria, tx that's nothing to be proud of. that is a town that needs to be left after graduating high school.

Kdfelicity
01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
AHF, come on dude, you can't give props to the performance that Texas put up? That's just heartbreaking. :(

I'll have you know, I watched the game with Aggies and even after I let them in my house and drink my beer, they still continued to cheer for USC. That's just wrong. :jack

If anything else they proved they could beat USC when the whole country thought they wouldn't.

Mr Dio
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
AHF, come on dude, you can't give props to the performance that Texas put up? That's just heartbreaking.

I'll have you know, I watched the game with Aggies and even after I let them in my house and drink my beer, they still continued to cheer for USC). That's just wrong.

KDF, you have to understand this about Aggie HoopsFAG, SHE takes EVERYTHING too seriously. :lol
SHE is a sore sport & a kid who hasn't mental toughness nor mental maturity.
SHE makes $1 million a yr & graduated with high honors from UT aNm & can almost spell A-S-T-E-R-I-S-K though! :lmao

Jamtas#2
01-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Any fan of the Spurs should know what it is to label someone's championship with an asterisk.
But last I checked the 99 Spurs still have their NBA Championship and I imagine this year's Longhorns will get to keep thiers as well.
Being a good sport means that you remain one even if others aren't, and that does go for both sides here.

mookie2001
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com/Uploads/Images/78328409875000109_largegggggggggggggggggggggggg.jp g (http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com/)

Kdfelicity
01-07-2006, 12:46 AM
http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com/Uploads/Images/78328409875000109_largegggggggggggggggggggggggg.jp g (http://www.thefreeimagehosting.com/)

Mmmm....I like....

You're my boi, Vince!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2006, 03:21 AM
I'll have you know, I watched the game with Aggies and even after I let them in my house and drink my beer, they still continued to cheer for USC. That's just wrong.

That's not wrong, that's smart :spin Check your PMs :D

you have to understand this about Aggie HoopsFAG, SHE takes EVERYTHING too seriously.

That's not what your mom said.

SHE is a sore sport & a kid who hasn't mental toughness nor mental maturity.

:lol Maturity? Coming from a t-shirt t-sip who can only come with insults like "she" and "faggie". Classic...

SHE makes $1 million a yr & graduated with high honors from UT aNm & can almost spell A-S-T-E-R-I-S-K though!

Rules of the Internet, rule #26: when you are getting whipped, play the spelling and/or grammar card.

True to form, Mr. Dipshit shows up...

cecil collins
01-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Rules of the Internet, rule #26: when you are getting whipped, play the spelling and/or grammar card.

Or if someone is being arrogant and demeaning another person's job, one can resort to that. Stop trying to make him feel like a dumb school janitor and maybe he won't play that card(not that he's shown the utmost respect for you). And, I don't see you whipping anyone, except maybe anyone who has ever respected you. A&M doesn't have a good football program at this point, get over it.

hussker
01-07-2006, 11:49 AM
"Can't we all just get along*?"

* get along
To be or continue to be on harmonious terms: gets along with the in-laws.
To manage or fare with reasonable success: can't get along on those wages.

To make progress.
To advance, especially in years.
To go away; leave

hussker
01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Corso Says Corso Thought Corso Saw Hussker in South Bend, Corso!

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncf/2000/0909/photo/a_fan_i.jpg

http://www.rammerjammeryellowhammer.com/weblog/archives/Corso.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2006, 01:36 PM
A&M doesn't have a good football program at this point, get over it.

We can agree on that (that our football program sucks), thankfully I'm more of a hoops guy anyway.

As for the respect thing, I was just having fun with this thread. It's comical to me that you guys have strung this out to six pages, largely of Dio talking out of his ass, in response to it.

Vince had an amazing season, y'all better pray he comes back if you want any chance of repeating.

hussker
01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
We can agree on that (that our football program sucks), thankfully I'm more of a hoops guy anyway.

As for the respect thing, I was just having fun with this thread. It's comical to me that you guys have strung this out to six pages, largely of Dio talking out of his ass, in response to it.

Vince had an amazing season, y'all better pray he comes back if you want any chance of repeating.

With McGee there and a healthy Backfield and O line, the Ags wiull be back in force, except on 11/11/06.

Mr Dio
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM

:lmao
How cute..The little bitch gets the panties all twisted up over UT. :lol :lol
You are toooo easy to toy with GIRL! :lmao

Mr Dio
01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
That's not wrong, that's smart :spin Check your PMs :D

That's not what your mom said.

:lol Maturity? Coming from a t-shirt t-sip who can only come with insults like "she" and "faggie". Classic...

Is out little Faggie HoopsFag getting upset??? :lmao :lmao
Midol girl, Midol! :lol :lol :lol

mookie2001
01-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Roflrofl

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-07-2006, 04:49 PM
:lmao Upset? more like bored. I'm amazed you and mookie can quit beating off to each other long enough to post.

Mr Dio
01-07-2006, 07:48 PM
:lmao Upset? more like bored. I'm amazed you and mookie can quit beating off to each other long enough to post.

Score ANOTHER one for Daddy Dio! :lol
Toooooooo easy to get your pretty little moron marron panties in a a twist. :lol :lol :lol

By the way, Rodrique Wright & Dibbles want to thank your mom again for the victory "celebration" she gave them after the game. See little Faggie Girl, UT appreciates your family's efforts! :lol :lol

Willinsa
01-08-2006, 03:09 AM
It makes you wonder why every aggy is an idiot. Poor Aggy good luck with Franny and Gary Darnell. :lol :lol :lol

word
01-08-2006, 08:32 AM
All these posts on page 3 are a perfect example of why I'll never root for t.u. Too many bandwagon t-shirt t-sips.

That came from aggieland. I've lived in SA 3 years and have been a horns fan for a long long time. I noticed pretty quick this is aggieville which kinda surprised me till I started looking into the background of the absolutley hands down most horrendous sports writers/journalists on the planet, that reside here. Not like SA has a high sports IQ but...that's another topic. But you are right. I've noticed all these people now wearing Longhorns hats and shirts running around town. It's been tough being a longhorn fan in San Antonio, or the fan of anyone else. It's the Spurs or nothing with a smattering of silly aggie BS here and there.

So you're right, the bandwagon stuff IS pathetic but in SA, I assure you, they're probably a bunch of aggies trying to feel even a whiff of glory. It's been great for this one horse town. This is the first year I've been here that it wasn't the Spurs 24x7x365. It reminds me an awful lot of Green Bay. I lived there for 2 years and it wore me out. Same thing. Packers 24x7x365.

1 team sports towns are tough on true sports fans.

chode_regulator
01-08-2006, 09:03 AM
That came from aggieland. I've lived in SA 3 years and have been a horns fan for a long long time. I noticed pretty quick this is aggieville which kinda surprised me till I started looking into the background of the absolutley hands down most horrendous sports writers/journalists on the planet, that reside here. Not like SA has a high sports IQ but...that's another topic. But you are right. I've noticed all these people now wearing Longhorns hats and shirts running around town. It's been tough being a longhorn fan in San Antonio, or the fan of anyone else. It's the Spurs or nothing with a smattering of silly aggie BS here and there.

So you're right, the bandwagon stuff IS pathetic but in SA, I assure you, they're probably a bunch of aggies trying to feel even a whiff of glory. It's been great for this one horse town. This is the first year I've been here that it wasn't the Spurs 24x7x365. It reminds me an awful lot of Green Bay. I lived there for 2 years and it wore me out. Same thing. Packers 24x7x365.

1 team sports towns are tough on true sports fans.
i couldnt believe the amount of ut shit being sold here leading up to the game. i live in fuciing nc and they dont sell shit here other than nc apparell. then all of a sudden everyone had ut shit. pretty cool but still...give me a break

word
01-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Longhorn apparel in North Carolina ? I can see Vince Young stuff being sold since he's now famous so that's what that's all about. Not the Longhorns. It's about Vince Young.

VY is gonna be Jordan, Ali, Montana like huge. Like Jordan and Montana were in their college careers, the haters were plenty and he just keeps proving 'em wrong, over and over and over and over.

Vince has extraordinary talent. Not always enough to make someone Jordan like famous, but he has that other thing too. Character.

That gives him star quality. He's gonna be HUGE. Madison ave is hoping and praying, chomping at the bit, to mold him into another MJ. Guys like that don't come along very often.

You can't describe what the guy has. It's like that 'IT' commecial. He's got 'IT', whatever 'it' is.

Only other person that has that right now, is Lebron James. Two people far above the talent of others in their sport. You'll see.

stretch
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
lol aggiehoopsfan