PDA

View Full Version : Miami Opinion

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 01:52 AM
The Heat are grossly overrated or at least they were. They are average, but nothing more.

They will finish 3rd in the East and get knocked out in the second round.

Spurs are locked for the title this year barring injuries.

Go Manu!!!!!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Heat habe chemistry issues

while detroiit have peaked too early and their starting 5 are playin too much minutes imo which will not benifit them in the second half of the season if injuries occur too any of the starting 5 and also the playoffs.

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Detroit will not stop peaking.

I think they can win 75 games.

The problems will be that they coast thru the playoffs then run into the Spurs in the Finals and given that SA is healthy, Manu and Co. will run over them in 5.

Maybe 4 if Finley is clicking.

Spurs do a great job of putting a good roster together.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2006, 03:10 AM
run them over in 4 u mean

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 03:22 AM
The Pistons might sneak in a game because MVP CB will be hot, but SA in no more than 5.

"Gimme that ring"
- SAN ANTONIO SPURS

FreshPrince22
01-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Wow, nice thread :rolleyes

You think the Pistons can win 75 games, then get swept in the finals? :lol I mean, the Spurs are damn good, but that's just stupid. This Piston team is much better than the team that took last year's Spurs to 7 games, so the Spurs will have to play much better this year to win it (bump it up another notch if the Pistons get HCA).

As for the original point of this thread. I love how you list "Miami Heat" as your team when you registered. Now that Miami has been a disapointment you turn into a Spurs fan. I just can't wait till you buy that Billups jersey after the Finals are over :hat

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Wow, nice thread :rolleyes

You think the Pistons can win 75 games, then get swept in the finals? :lol I mean, the Spurs are damn good, but that's just stupid. This Piston team is much better than the team that took last year's Spurs to 7 games, so the Spurs will have to play much better this year to win it (bump it up another notch if the Pistons get HCA).

Hey, I am a Miami fan but I call it how I see it.

CB will be the MVP.

Detroit will win 70+ games

Detroit will lose to San Antonio.

At least they will get that far, my Heat won't make it past round 2.

:depressed

FreshPrince22
01-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Hey, I am a Miami fan but I call it how I see it.

CB will be the MVP.

Detroit will win 70+ games

Detroit will lose to San Antonio.

1. Chauncey won't be MVP (he's not flashy enough even if he does deserve it)
2. We won't win 70 (we'll be in the mid-60s though)
3. I don't think anyone in their right mind that knows these 2 teams would predict anything less than a 6-7 game, grind-out, series if they do meet up in the Finals again. It CERTAINLY wouldn't be a sweep either way. Both teams have too many big time players for that. Both teams also have very strong home court advantages (as we saw last year with 4 consecutive blowouts).

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 04:06 AM
1. I never said SA would sweep. I said in 5. The other poster said a sweep so get that right.

2. It's a diff. year.

3. Manu is only getting better. Sheed/Billups have peaked.

4. DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH. SA BASICALLY HAS 2 UNITS THAT ARE STARTERS ON MOST OTHER TEAMS. NO ONE CAN DENY THAT.

FreshPrince22
01-05-2006, 04:26 AM
1. I never said SA would sweep. I said in 5. The other poster said a sweep so get that right.

2. It's a diff. year.

3. Manu is only getting better. Sheed/Billups have peaked.

4. DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH. SA BASICALLY HAS 2 UNITS THAT ARE STARTERS ON MOST OTHER TEAMS. NO ONE CAN DENY THAT.

1. You did in your second post in this thread. You said "Maybe in 4 if Finley is clicking" or something like that.

2. Yes, we are much better. You'll have a hard time arguing that point.

3. Manu is great. Phenomenal player. But Sheed and Billups have hardly peaked. Not sure what you mean by that anyways. Sheed has ALWAYS started the season slow and upped his game by leaps and bounds by feb-march. And Chauncey makes his money in the playoffs. I would bet every penny I have that Chauncey will be even more phenomenal in the playoffs. He has always stepped it up in the post season.

4. On paper, the names in SA are impressive. But on the court I have yet to be impressed. The Pistons bench outplayed the Spurs bench when they met up on Christmas day. The Spurs may have the great big names, but they are all in their mid-thirties. Where as the Pistons bench has a lot of youth and won out because of energy and hustle. Besides, what team goes more than 7-8 deep in the Finals anyways?

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Besides, what team goes more than 7-8 deep in the Finals anyways?

A Team That Can

FreshPrince22
01-05-2006, 04:38 AM
A Team That Can

OK, Fine. Put Finley, Barry, Van Exel, Horry etc on the floor. I'd MUCH rather have Finley taking Manu's minutes. I'll take Tayshaun shutting down a jumpshooter over Manu slicing our defense all day. And I'd love for Van Exel to take away some of Parker's. Nick the (formerly) quick can toss up all the bad shots he wants, add to that he gets rid of Parker's constant pressure he puts on the defense with penetration. That one is Win/Win for us. And please put Barry in instead of Bowen. Rip will love that swap!

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't make sense. It makes the team worse to NOT play your best players as much as possible in the playoffs (and ESPECIALLY the finals).

Texas Headliner
01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
All I know is that San Antonio won last year.

And I dont see why they wont win again this year.

1Parker1
01-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Pistons are awesome this season. Spurs will be awesome this season. IF both make it the finals again...it will be a tough series that may come down to a single series changing game (i.e Game 5 last season). It'll depend on which one player out of both teams, makes that shot or turns their game around...:)

z0sa
01-06-2006, 01:14 AM
This Piston team is much better than the team that took last year's Spurs to 7 games

Thats a blatant lie. Its 95% the exact same team you had last year. The big difference isn't the roster, its the coaching.

sprrs
01-06-2006, 02:18 AM
I'd say if the Pistons are able to play the way they're playing now all the way into the postseason, then it'll be a tough series no matter how you look at it. Odds are though, that unless they slow down sometime between now and April they'll burn themselves out.

Obstructed_View
01-06-2006, 02:24 AM
2005-2006 Detroit Pistons = 2001-2005 Dallas Mavericks.

Built for the regular season.

mavsfan1000
01-06-2006, 03:07 AM
2005-2006 Detroit Pistons = 2001-2005 Dallas Mavericks.

Built for the regular season.

Wow. You really outdid yourself there. Now that they run a faster pace game they are the mavs? I'm sure when the games mean more that they will lock down their opponents just like the last 2 years or since they got Rasheed. The mavs though I'm not quite as confident with I'll admit that. Van Horn and Stackhouse is ruining their chemistry.

FreshPrince22
01-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Thats a blatant lie. Its 95% the exact same team you had last year. The big difference isn't the roster, its the coaching.

You don't make any sense. It wouldn't matter if the roster was exactly the same, and the coach was exactly the same. The RESULTS are different.

FreshPrince22
01-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Wow. You really outdid yourself there. Now that they run a faster pace game they are the mavs?

The thing that is strange is that we actually average 1 less possession per game than last year. The offense is just incredibly effecient. Especially in the half-court. And Flip has only implimented half of the play book, so there is still a ton of room to grow.

And yea, they take more breaks on defense (so do the Spurs), but when we need it (crunch time) it's there. So I'm not really worried. They're just pacing themselves. They showed against the Spurs on Christmas, that when they really want a win they can lockdown and dominate the boards. In fact, I laugh when people say we're gonna "burn ourselves out" at this pace, because we are winning much more effortlessly than the last few seasons. Last season we had to bust ass defensively and pound everyone on the glass. This year, we can ride the offense on those pointless mid-season games where no one wants to be there. And everyone of the starters and Dice is playing less minutes except Sheed, who is still only playing 34.6mpg (that's less than Duncan, who's injured).

Pistons < Spurs
01-06-2006, 09:06 AM
WOW..............

There are some very interesting takes in this thread...... :rolleyes

JamStone
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
This thread sure doesn't have many opinions on Miami ...

Marklar MM
01-06-2006, 03:39 PM
This thread sure doesn't have many opinions on Miami ...
No reason to have them, because they suck. :elephant

Oh, Gee!!
01-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Is English a second language for some of you people?

ALVAREZ6
01-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Miami = over-rated.

I hope they manage to pull one out of their ass and beat Detroit in the EC finals.

AI-square
01-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Wade is the difference in Miami. They are just like the Lakers. They may have Shaq, but he is getting less dominant with each passing match. I can't believe how many people are predicting Miami in the ECF. Detroit could beat this team in four games.