PDA

View Full Version : Duncan looked damn good last night

Walton Buys Off Me
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
You say Walton only appears after Spurs' losses to rag on Tim Duncan? Once again proving the troglodytes wrong, The Straw That Stirs The Drink is here to say that I was extremely impressed with Tim Duncan last night. Despite shooting only 6 for 15, I thought his footwork and overall aggresiveness was top notch. If Duncan is playing at that level, Flip Saunders and company stand no chance.

Big game next Thursday people, you ready?

sa_butta
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Not taking anything away from Tim but they were only playing Portland.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Doesn't matter who they were playing- Duncan looked awful against New Orleans and Atlanta after all didn't he?

My point is that when Tim is playing with that kind of intensity, he is virtually unstoppable and it's contagious. The Spurs had like four dunks last night- nasty ones too-I loved it!

sa_butta
01-05-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree but every player is going to have their off nights, thats when the TEAM needs to pick up the slack.

SequSpur
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Portland.

Jimcs50
01-05-2006, 11:57 AM
You say Walton only appears after Spurs' losses to rag on Tim Duncan? Once again proving the troglodytes wrong, The Straw That Stirs The Drink is here to say that I was extremely impressed with Tim Duncan last night. Despite shooting only 6 for 15, I thought his footwork and overall aggresiveness was top notch. If Duncan is playing at that level, Flip Saunders and company stand no chance.

Big game next Thursday people, you ready?

Did the Spurs play last night???

Who even watched this game????????

boutons_
01-05-2006, 12:18 PM
"Who even watched this game"

I was laughing at myself. I started out switching frantically between the 2 games, but the RB was so fucking amazing that I was in "oh yeah, the Spurs are on" mode and missed just about all of the Spurs' 2nd half. :)

I got the Spurs on DVR, but now I wish I had also recorded the RB.

Jimcs50
01-05-2006, 01:01 PM
"Who even watched this game"

I was laughing at myself. I started out switching frantically between the 2 games, but the RB was so fucking amazing that I was in "oh yeah, the Spurs are on" mode and missed just about all of the Spurs' 2nd half. :)

I got the Spurs on DVR, but now I wish I had also recorded the RB.

What totally blows is I DVRed the game and set it to stop recording 30 mins "after" the game...4 hrs long....and when I went to watch it again last night...it cut off with 4 mins to go.

:flipoff :cuss :flipoff :cuss

SouthernFried
01-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I went to Fast Eddies on NW Military...they had 3 Big Screen TV's showing the Football game, and 2 Big Screens showing the Spurs game.

It was a beautiful thing.

boutons_
01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
"it cut off with 4 mins to go."

has happend to me with Spurs games that go beyond their 2:30 hours programming slot, so now I ALWAYS set spurs games to start automatically at say 7:30, but manually program to stop after 2:50, and try to remember to halt recording when the game is over.

Grandecom always carries the Spurs games on FSN or KRRT but often GC doesn't label the program guide correctly in title or length, where as TWC always had the labelling correct for SA.

maybe ESPN or some obcure sports channel will be re-playing the RB soon. That RB is certainly an instant classc.

Spurologist
01-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Walt: I don't know if your headline is meant to give praise to Duncan or to ask him out.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Duncan, Rasho, and Nazr all looked good. How many times does that happen?

However, the only 100% bonafide absolute conclusion, sad to say, is that Portland really really sucks.

T Park
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM
^^^ very true.

ChumpDumper
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I was surprised at how bad Pryzbilla's team D was.

1Parker1
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Walt: I don't know if your headline is meant to give praise to Duncan or to ask him out.

:lol

That was a Shoogarbear -like joke...

Ishta
01-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I thought he looked good too even if it was against Portland. He looked really rested, and had some fire in him last night..Nice to see.