PDA

View Full Version : I felt a little silly...

SouthernFried
01-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I was at Fast Eddies on NW Military last night. They had the Football game on 3 Large Screen TV's, and the Spurs on 2. I was there more for the Spurs than the football...at least at the beginning anyway ;)

So, I'm watching the Spurs...and Manu does this sick move. From the left baseline, he starts dribbling towards the middle...then does a crazy move to his left towards the baseline...then goes the opposite direction with a behind the back dribble and leaves his defender with his jock around his ankles, for an easy layup.

Freakin' incredible series of moves, and I jump off my bar stool screaming..." Oh My God! Did you see that!"

...and about 50 blank stares turned on me with "wtf?" expressions on their faces.

There was a commercial playing during the Texas game. I guess they didn't think it was worthy of such an outburst.

Man, it was sorta weird being in a bar, watching a Spurs game with a bunch of locals...and being the ONLY guy in the bar going nuts over a Manu moment.

:oops

But, whatta move!

Oh, and the Football game was ok too ;)

SenorSpur
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Hmmm. That was kinda like being at a Spurs road game in an enemy arena. Don't feel bad. You fly yo' Spurs "freak" flag for all the world to see.

foodie2
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
What I don't understand is that that move of Manu's didn't even make the NBA highlight film that is up at their website. Duncan's dunk and Finley's dunk are there, but not that Manu move which I thought was one of the best I've ever seen. Go figure.

Mixability
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I was concentrating on the Spurs game too, while all the bandwagoners who never attended UT and probably never been to Austin for that matter were watching the Rose Bowl.

smeagol
01-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Manu had another good game.

15 pts on 6-10 with 5 boards and 2 assists in little more than 18 minutes.

Most important of all, his aggressivenes was there.

Welcome back, Emanuel.

TMTTRIO
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Manu had another good game.

15 pts on 6-10 with 5 boards and 2 assists in little more than 18 minutes.

Most important of all, his aggressivenes was there.

Welcome back, Emanuel.

He had another great game with as few minutes that he did have. It should be scary for other teams when he says he's just trying to get back in condition and just using the playing time for testing his ankle :p