PDA

View Full Version : Truck Help

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 03:44 PM
My truck has been acting up for like a month or 2 now. When I have the truck idling it will shake heavily and if I am waiting at a stop sign or stop light, if I have my foot on the break, it'll start shakin back n forth bad. If I don't have my foot on the break then it wont shake but does sometimes.

Does anyone know what the problem is and about how much it will cost to get it fixed?

Mixability
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
time to get a new truck? :angel

CosmicCowboy
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
broken/cracked motor mount. How much it costs will depend on how it is designed and how hard it is to get to. The part isn't that expensive.

King
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Did you try ctrl+alt+del?

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
broken/cracked motor mount. How much it costs will depend on how it is designed and how hard it is to get to. The part isn't that expensive.
I noticed hearing like air coming out of somewhere near the motor.

Mixability
01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Did you try ctrl+alt+del?

:lol

CosmicCowboy
01-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I noticed hearing like air coming out of somewhere near the motor.

Thats not surprising...if your motor is pulling up off the broken motor mount it could have also created an exhaust leak...either a cracked manifold or broken the seal on the clamp from the manifold to the downpipe to the catalytic converter/muffler

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Thats not surprising...if your motor is pulling up off the broken motor mount it could have also created an exhaust leak...either a cracked manifold or broken the seal on the clamp from the manifold to the downpipe to the catalytic converter/muffler
Hopefully it isn't too expensive.

cmc$purs
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
your brake power booster is bad it is vacuum operated and that noise you hear is the vacuum leak about $250 is what it should cost for a rebuilt booster and labor not a big deal

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
your brake power booster is bad it is vacuum operated and that noise you hear is the vacuum leak about $250 is what it should cost for a rebuilt booster and labor not a big deal
I think that is what my dad thinks it was, brake power booster.

Sportcamper
01-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Horry....You have not included the Year, Make Model, and Mileage...Nobody can accurately diagnose your problem with the lack of information you have provided....

But it sure sounds like the water pump and the tensioner pulley...Go to Pep Boys.... :smokin

cmc$purs
01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
damn over 5 million in v bookie dont fix it just go to the vnew car dealer and get a new vtruck :lol :lol sorry could not stop myself gotta love that vhumor

T Park
01-05-2006, 06:19 PM
What kind of truck is it.

01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Horry, is the shake constant? I had a '95 Chevy Blazer that started doing the same thing and I replaced the fuel filter and brake booster and it still went on. Come to find out (when I changed the oil and saw brass in it) that a bearing went out and wasted the motor.

Vashner
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Take it for an electronic / mechanical diagnostic at dealer.

Horry For 3!
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Horry, is the shake constant? I had a '95 Chevy Blazer that started doing the same thing and I replaced the fuel filter and brake booster and it still went on. Come to find out (when I changed the oil and saw brass in it) that a bearing went out and wasted the motor.
Nah, it is off and on. Sometimes it will shake and sometimes it won't. I do need to change the oil on it though.

01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Horry, the Blazer did the same thing. It wouldn't always shake, and sometimes the "Check Engine" light would come on, but I could never get a garage to get a reading on their computer.

Check the oil when you change it and look for metal/brass in it.

Horry For 3!
01-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Horry, the Blazer did the same thing. It wouldn't always shake, and sometimes the "Check Engine" light would come on, but I could never get a garage to get a reading on their computer.

Check the oil when you change it and look for metal/brass in it.
The Check Engine light never comes on though.

Vashner
01-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Yea no brand, model, year, engine and tranny listed = car repair noob

The sone
01-06-2006, 04:26 AM
cmon...this is too easy,

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/9/96/Flux1.jpg

might want to check your jig-o-watts. you should be somewhere in the neighborhood of one point twenty-one.

xcoriate
01-06-2006, 04:55 AM
I dont get it... a truck like a real truck?

You a trucker?

Why dont you tell the good people the year/make/model so that they can actually help you?

Otherwise it sounds something like this....
I have a car and it has like an engine and breaks and it like has tyres and wheels and it kinda like, ummm stopped going places, when I press down on the ah.... pedal....

Horry For 3!
01-06-2006, 05:10 AM
I dont get it... a truck like a real truck?

You a trucker?

Why dont you tell the good people the year/make/model so that they can actually help you?

Otherwise it sounds something like this....
I have a car and it has like an engine and breaks and it like has tyres and wheels and it kinda like, ummm stopped going places, when I press down on the ah.... pedal....
I already got the info I needed. I don't need this thread anymore.

Horry For 3!
01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I took it to the shop today and he fixed it. The guy said it was a Vaccum Leak....I don't know how that would make my truck shake back n forth when I push on the breaks but if it doesn't do it anymore....awesome!

Plus he fixed my Cruise Control...only $35 :smokin

Taco
01-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I took it to the shop today and he fixed it. The guy said it was a Vaccum Leak....I don't know how that would make my truck shake back n forth when I push on the breaks but if it doesn't do it anymore....awesome!

Plus he fixed my Cruise Control...only $35 :smokin

That's great!!
Lucky for you

Horry For 3!
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I just drove it around and everything works :elephant I am happy now. All I have to do now is to change my oil and everything is good to go. :)

Dr. Gonzo
03-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Did you change your oil?