PDA

View Full Version : A new shooting coach for Spurs ?

Bruno
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
http://www.hoopshype.com/fan_mail/palubinskas.htm

Australian shooting guru Ed Palubinskas, once a teacher of Shaquille O'Neal.

But I may be the next shooting coach for the San Antonio Spurs. I have an inside link here. Keep fingers crossed

ahb
01-05-2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.adjab.com/images/2005/06/enzyte.jpg
Introducing Enzyte, the once-a-day, non-prescription tablet for natural male free throw enhancement.

And by the way, Mr. Palubinskas, there's not much wrong with Ben Wallace's mechanics most of the time, and I doubt there's anything that can be done to help him. Same with Duncan.

CubanMustGo
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
"But I may be the next shooting coach for the San Antonio Spurs. I have an inside link here. Keep fingers crossed. It is so political and just hard to crack the shell to get in. It is quite difficult to make a presence."

(a) I thought we hired a shooting coach, Chip Engelland, before the season started?
(b) people who blab about being hired by the Spurs don't get hired by the Spurs.

T Park
01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
him saying that he might get hired, just lost him the job

I thought ole Chip was the shooting coach.

Despot
01-05-2006, 07:01 PM
This guy is full of crap, he only mentioned the Spurs in the hopes that it will help sell his video. Why hire him, just buy the video

Complete infomercial material if I've ever heard it.

Obstructed_View
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow. I can't wait for him to come over. Shaq has the sweetest jumpshot in the game.

Wait a second, has Shaq ever actually taken a jumpshot?

SpursWoman
01-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Wow. I can't wait for him to come over. Shaq has the sweetest jumpshot in the game.

Wait a second, has Shaq ever actually taken a jumpshot?

Or the stellar free throw shooting. I think if I were him I'd omit that little nugget from my resume. :lol :lol

SilverPlayer
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
"Plus I don't try very hard to hang around the league."

Yeah we don't take kindly to people who don't try very hard around these parts.

missmyzte
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I would not be bragging about being Shaq's shooting coach

kskonn
01-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I think Chip is specifically Tony's coach. Does anyone know if he also works with the other players?

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Yes he does.

Tek_XX
01-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Chip obvioulsy told tony to stick with the layups.

Has anyone seen an improvement in Tony shot, just seems like he's taking less.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 09:54 PM
There's definitely improvement in his form and the position of the ball in his hands. I don't think they'll see any real results until next season.

Solid D
01-05-2006, 09:59 PM
You wish, Ed....

Obstructed_View
01-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Chip obvioulsy told tony to stick with the layups.

Has anyone seen an improvement in Tony shot, just seems like he's taking less.
A fundamental change in mechanics will take more than a year to make a noticable difference. If he were taking the same number of outside shots as he did last year his percentage would be lower. Unlearning muscle memory is very difficult.

SouthernFried
01-06-2006, 02:09 AM
Tony's shot was pretty good at the beginning of the Season. As were both his, and Timmy's FT's. Methinks that came from a lotta work in the off season, and maybe the shooting coach had something to do with that.

But, as the season progresses, and they have less time to work on those aspects...the old bad habits come back. Now Timmy and Tony are reverting to their old forms. Tony can't make any long range shots, and Timmy again sucks at the FT line.

It all takes time I guess.

Still, it sure doesn't hurt to analyze what this guy is saying. I'm sure there are some helpful ideas and techniques in there.

His total focus on Offense and shooting is probably good for a "shooting" coach...but, would be lousy for an NBA coach. His analysis of the techniques of proper shooting probably make some sense.

His analysis of the game of basketball ranks right up there with Barbara Streisand's.