PDA

View Full Version : Artest close* to being traded...

Brutalis
01-05-2006, 10:13 PM
link (http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/13554715.htm)

What do you think?

Sorry changed title.

E20
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
That is my local newspaper. Contra Costa Times REPERSENT!!!

Vashner
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM
If this guy worked as a leafblower he would be overpaid...

Despot
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Why is the Warrior - Pacer game delayed??

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
power forward Troy Murphy, small forward Mike Dunleavy, swingman Mickael Pietrus and rookie Ike Diogu

All of that for Artest??

Pacers are raping the Warriors.

If you do this Mullin, way to fuck it up.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I think that it means it's been speculated to be ONE of those players. Artest only makes $6.5M.

bigzak25
01-05-2006, 11:06 PM
what is pop waiting for?

anyone but TD, Manu, Nazr or Bruce. Get it done pop!!!

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I think that it means it's been speculated to be ONE of those players. Artest only makes $6.5M

I apologize I mis read the article obviously.

Well if its Diogu, its gotta be a combo of him and Pietrus wich I wouldn't do, Diogu is a stud.

Id try and make it Dunleavy.

I wouldn't trade Murphy either.

If I were the Warriors, leave the damn team alone. Let them grow for pete's sake.

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:13 PM
anyone but TD, Manu, Nazr or Bruce

lol when did Nazr get included being untouchable but not Tony Parker???

Dude pray for a clue.

bigzak25
01-05-2006, 11:18 PM

Dude pray for a clue.

because the Spurs cannot win without a legitimate big next to TD.

that's Horry or Nazr at this point.

TP's scoring will be offset by Artest's.

His assists? By Manu, TD, and everyone else.

his speed is negated in the playoffs anyway,

and please do not argue that TP is a better defender than Artest...or go ahead...i eagerly await your viewpoint. :tu

sprrs
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM

Dude pray for a clue.

exactly what I was thinking.

And bigzak25 do you really think the scoring that Tony's been doing recently is his only contribution to the team? If we trade him off for Artest we have no dependable pg

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
LOL.

Trade away a 23 year old all star point guard.

Oh the genius that is Mr Hypocrit.

ahb
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
All of that for Artest??

Pacers are raping the Warriors.

If you do this Mullin, way to fuck it up.
I heard Murphy, Dunleavy, and Pietrus for Artest and one of Indy's stiffs (Croshere/Foster/both). Diogu is nearly untouchable to the Warriors.

It's really not that bad a deal - Murphy's a solid player, and Dunleavy and Pietrus suck. It's a way to cut that awful contract Dunleavy was signed to, as well.

bigzak25
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
exactly what I was thinking.

And bigzak25 do you really think the scoring that Tony's been doing recently is his only contribution to the team? If we trade him off for Artest we have no dependable pg

based on TP's playoff performances in the past, i'd say we don't have a dependable point guard now.

i'd rather have manu at the point anyway in the clutch.

and nick van exel can be a super sub...and barry can play the point as well...

sure, the loss of the speedy parker will hurt a bit, and i do love how he takes it to the cup much more often now, but you think good defensive teams are just gonna let him get layups in the playoffs?

manu can get to the cup in the big games...tony can't.

Kong
01-05-2006, 11:25 PM
No.
No way.
There is no conceivable reason to bring a nutcase to this team.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I heard Murphy, Dunleavy, and Pietrus for Artest and one of Indy's stiffs (Croshere/Foster/both). Diogu is nearly untouchable to the Warriors.

It's really not that bad a deal - Murphy's a solid player, and Dunleavy and Pietrus suck. It's a way to cut that awful contract Dunleavy was signed to, as well.

Yeah that's a possibility. Their goal is to get rid of Croshere's contract in a package. There's rumors of a big five-team trade floating around, but no details. I think people just make stuff up. :lol

bigzak25
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
:angel

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I heard Murphy, Dunleavy, and Pietrus for Artest and one of Indy's stiffs (Croshere/Foster/both

Murphy Dunleavy and Pietrus for Artest Croshere Foster.

Hmmmmm......

Id be torn.

But Id do that deal.

Diogu
Foster
Artest
Richards
Davis

Thats a pretty good starting 5 right there.

Scary too.

T Park
01-05-2006, 11:42 PM
based on TP's playoff performances in the past, i'd say we don't have a dependable point guard now.

sure, the loss of the speedy parker will hurt a bit, and i do love how he takes it to the cup much more often now, but you think good defensive teams are just gonna let him get layups in the playoffs?

The ramblings of a stooge.

A 23 year old ALL STAR point guard.

Do you know how tough it is to get these guys!??

At the end of first rounds, let alone draft or sign them AT ALL!?!?!?!?

Of course you don't.

ambchang
01-06-2006, 12:08 AM

Pacers get a good deal if that's the case. Artest should only be able to get 25 cents on the dollar, max, and this trade would be like 60 cents on teh dollar.
BTW, Foster is not a stiff, I would love to have him on my team.

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
seems Pop and RC know how to draft talent...i guess i just have more faith in them than you. :tu

ajh18
01-06-2006, 12:34 AM
seems Pop and RC know how to draft talent...i guess i just have more faith in them than you. :tu

If you have faith in Pop and RC, why not let them work with the talent they drafted and developed instead of trading it for Artest? They drafted him, they resigned him, they started him, and now, even though you have faith in RC and Pop you think we should trade Parker? For a headcase like Artest? Chemistry matters. Ask the Blazers of the late 90's, the Eagles, or any of the other teams that have lost despite outrageous talent. Keep what we have and what we've won with.

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 12:37 AM
If you have faith in Pop and RC, why not let them work with the talent they drafted and developed instead of trading it for Artest? They drafted him, they resigned him, they started him, and now, even though you have faith in RC and Pop you think we should trade Parker? For a headcase like Artest? Chemistry matters. Ask the Blazers of the late 90's, the Eagles, or any of the other teams that have lost despite outrageous talent. Keep what we have and what we've won with.

dude...if Pop was to pull the trigger...pun intended...cool.

if not. i was wrong. i can accept that.

if the Spurs lose the title this year and tony is a non factor. Pop was wrong.

i really do hope Pop is right. one way or another. :tu

SequSpur
01-06-2006, 01:05 AM

Bro, you need to stick to your christianity and relationship advice. At least that shit is entertaining.

leemajors
01-06-2006, 01:06 AM
you can't bring a wack take like parker being tradeable and expect people to take your opinion seriously. he has been the most consistent player on the team this year and his potential is still through the roof. anyone but tp, td, and manu could be traded but those three are untouchable. the names tpark has called you seem pretty accurate, is that so hard to swallow? most teams in the nba would kill for a pg like parker. and that doesn't mean you trade him, you can't get equal value

sprrs
01-06-2006, 02:24 AM
Remember in I think it was game 6 of the finals when Parker was benched because of foul trouble? Remember what happened to the team when that happened?

Obstructed_View
01-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Remember in I think it was game 6 of the finals when Parker was benched because of foul trouble? Remember what happened to the team when that happened?
I don't remember, so I'm not sure which side of the discussion you are on. I do, however, remember Parker playing really good defense on Rip Hamilton in game 7 of the finals. I certainly wouldn't give up on a 23 year old point guard just because he didn't play his best in the playoffs and oh-by-the-way he managed to win two titles anyway.

sprrs
01-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I might have the wrong game, but I remember once Parker was taken out the Spurs collapsed. I remember Pop talking about it after the game as well.

Extra Stout
01-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Seriously... Zac is in implacable44/Spursdaone territory now.

Phenomanul
01-06-2006, 09:19 AM
LOL.

Trade away a 23 year old all star point guard.

I don't agree with Zak's viewpoint on not considering TP to be untradable. But calling someone a hypocrite is pretty insulting.... Anyways I think he has since reconsidered his view.

"Let he who is without [hypocrisy] cast the first stone".... And T Park at least for a year after your "infamous thread" you should be the last person in the forum to be calling others out for hypocrisy.... Nothing personal though...

Extra Stout
01-06-2006, 09:21 AM
T Park gets a lifetime pass since he convinced Pop to fire Bob Hill and hire himself.

He also convinced General McDermott to hire Pop in the first place.

Supergirl
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
because the Spurs cannot win without a legitimate big next to TD.

that's Horry or Nazr at this point.

TP's scoring will be offset by Artest's.

His assists? By Manu, TD, and everyone else.

his speed is negated in the playoffs anyway,

and please do not argue that TP is a better defender than Artest...or go ahead...i eagerly await your viewpoint. :tu

For the last 3 years, the Spurs' success has been tied to TP's good games. When he scores more than 20 points and/or has more than 6 assists, the Spurs are almost unbeatable, by W-L record (which I don't have right at hand, but I have seen)...

Nazr isn't even the best C on the team. That goes to Duncan, then Rasho, then Horry, and THEN Nazr. Horry's a better PF than Rasho, but Rasho is a better C. Duncan is better than anyone else in the league at C or PF. Nazr is a back up C at best. And he is a good quality back up C.

smeagol
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
That you should call anybody a hypocrit is hilarious.

It's also amazing that you can't maintain a debate without namecalling the other party.

Sad.

wildbill2u
01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
mr. hypocrit... :lol

you just can't have an adult conversation without the namecalling can you?

Your picture looks like a guy in a strait jacket. I assume this is a real pic, but I wonder who types your posts for you.

You'd better get someone else because he's making you look crazy.

vanvannen
01-06-2006, 12:48 PM

It's also amazing that you can't maintain a debate without namecalling the other party.

Sad.

My thoughts exactly.

duncan2k5
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
:smokin testing

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm sure TP will step it up in the playoffs. He always does. Just like #8. :)

I mean? Without Rasho and Tony? The Spurs just don't win the championship last year.

T Park
01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I mean? Without Rasho and Tony? The Spurs just don't win the championship last year

Without Rasho's professionalism, and Tony parker's defense, thats probobly right.

Sad

Read or scroll clown.

If im so horrible put me on ignore and ignore me, till then, stop stalking me ho.

I might have the wrong game, but I remember once Parker was taken out the Spurs collapsed. I remember Pop talking about it after the game as well

Games 3 and 4 VS Detroit.

Game 1 vs Denver.

The great fantastic Beno Udrih came in turned the ball over mutliple times, and leads were lost.

Good sized leads in games 3 against Detroit and game 1 vs Denver.

But Tony Parker is useless though.....

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
TP's D?

that's the most hilarious thing i've ever heard...go watch the 4th qtr of game 7.

he had maybe one good play the whole quarter and when hamilton took it to the cup?

tony was left in the dust. he got saved on one play by horry taking a charge and the other play, hamilton got the basket and the foul.

TP is a layup master. But those won't be there in JUNE!!!

Rasho's a professional at picking splinters out of his ass...he better be traded or i'm gonna pop a fit!

T Park
01-06-2006, 07:30 PM
he better be traded or i'm gonna pop a fit!

Go ahead and start bitching clown cause he aint getting traded.

TP's D?

that's the most hilarious thing i've ever heard...go watch the 4th qtr of game 7.

Go ahead and go watch it.

Parker's D was fantastic.

TP is a layup master. But those won't be there in JUNE!!!

link?

kskonn
01-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Yea rasho has been playing really well.

But tony....

year one--- he is not strong enough and not a good finisher
year two-- little out of control but a better finisher
year 3-- much better finisher needs to manage the game a little better but was inconsistent
year 4- less inconsistent, much better finisher, and his assists were up..... and still plays great defense

Year 5- very consistent, one of the best finishers in the leauge, his assists are also up... and still a great defender.

Ranks #13 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(6.3) Ranks #6 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.535)
Ranks #14 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(257.0) Ranks #10 in the NBA in Assists(201.0)
Ranks #9 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(11.09) Ranks #15 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes(8.7)
Ranks #9 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(97.0) Ranks #15 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.03)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(4.19)

If that is not growing as a player I do not know what it is... You do not trade a guy like that away for a head case, you just don't.

and look where Nazr is at right now, you are serious going to tell me he is more valuable to the team right now?????

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 08:06 PM
:angel

T Park
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Very christian Zak.

Jesus would be dissapointed.

Tsk tsk tsk.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Since performance against the Pistons is apparently such a critical barometer for a player's worth, I don't see why someone would be so hot to trade a guy who shot .458 against the Pistons in the playoffs for a guy who shot .298 against the Pistons in the playoffs.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Isn't there a smack forum somewhere?

ducks
01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
the pistons are a good d team
even duncan's average goes done when he plays them

so I guess spurs need to trade duncan to because he numbers dip against pistons who the spurs play a hole 2 times a year expect in finals IF both teams get that far