PDA

View Full Version : GTG Saturday night - Spurs vs Suns 8pm

T Park
01-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Is there one??

Game starts at 8 and its a saturday night.

Big game vs Phoenix.

Are we in?? If not, its cool.

Of course last time I made a thread liek this, I was shot down...

Anyone up for one? Or should I say, is there an Official WOAI.Com GTG?

RashoFan
01-06-2006, 04:58 AM
I heard whispers/murmurs of one for Sat...destination unknown...

Kori Ellis
01-06-2006, 05:51 AM
There is not an official GTG set up.

A lot of people have been saying they want to get together. So we need to name a place. Hooligan's? Goomba's (I don't know if they are open late)? Kennedy's?

angel_luv
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Any developments?

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-06-2006, 03:04 PM
I'll be in Phoenix at the game baby.

MannyIsGod
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Damn, Goombas would be NICE.

angel_luv
01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Damn, Goombas would be NICE.

Is that the place then?

Kori Ellis
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Someone has to pick up the phone and call and see if they are going to be open.
That person is not me. I'm very busy.

ZStomp
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I just called and Goombas closes at 10pm.

spurjur
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Wild Buffalo Wings sounds good. I haven't had lunch and maybe that's why.

spurschick
01-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I made reservations for us at Hooligans off I-10 and Heubner. We have the entire upstairs reserved, which includes 2 pool tables. Please reply here if you're coming.

spurschick
01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
FUCK! Hooligan's just called me back and apologized, but they have the RAMPAGE coming in to watch the game and they have it reserved. I will keep looking around for a place.

Kori Ellis
01-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Well if its a small group then we could just go to Hooligan's without a reservation, right?

Or maybe Chammps on I-10?

I guess the question should be how many people are interested in going?

spurschick
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm on the phone with Champ's right now... they're checking their book.

Update: the guy is going to call me back when his GM gets in. I told them that we were looking at 12-15 people, so if those who are planning on going could chime in, that would help.

MannyIsGod
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm out, I have to do dinner with family. Next time.

T Park
01-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I know this is gonna sound weird but im not gonna make it.

Had to go to the hospital, and I am currently posting from a bed.

Kidney stone, and if it doesnt pass in the next couple days, Im going in for surgery monday.

Sorry to make a topic about a GTG and end up not going lol.

Hope yall have fun, maybe see you guys before the Rodeo starts up....

Kori Ellis
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Kidney stone, and if it doesnt pass in the next couple days, Im going in for surgery monday.

Wow! That sucks! Get well soon.

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 07:20 PM
:angel

T Park
01-06-2006, 07:24 PM
lol

I didnt know I had one yesterday asshole.

Today I found out I had it.

Fuck you.

bigzak25
01-06-2006, 08:08 PM
:angel

MrChug
01-06-2006, 11:11 PM
:smokin Ooooh, that sounds good. I've never been to one. Maybe I have to be sold. dunno. I've been invited to a few GTG's on other boards and get shit because I never show up. This would pop the proverbial cherry for me...why do I go? I know Lady Marmalade...maybe I can bring her?

ZStomp
01-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I just called and Goombas closes at 10pm.

I guess I'll be at Goombas by myself. :lol

boutons_
01-06-2006, 11:17 PM
"Goombas closes at 10pm."

yep, San Antonio is BIG CITY. :lol

Kori Ellis
01-07-2006, 03:49 AM
If enough people aren't in by midday tomorrow, we'll just cancel.

So sign up if you are going.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
I'll go if there is one.

sa_butta
01-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I can go too.

angel_luv
01-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Ditto

Lady Marmalade
01-07-2006, 04:06 PM
:smokin Ooooh, that sounds good. I've never been to one. Maybe I have to be sold. dunno. I've been invited to a few GTG's on other boards and get shit because I never show up. This would pop the proverbial cherry for me...why do I go? I know Lady Marmalade...maybe I can bring her?

You know if you invited me I'd go.... BUT I do work till freakin 11 pm.

AlamoSpursFan
01-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I'll go if there is one.

What Johnny Blaze said.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Did Melissa say if she ever heard back from Chammps?

I think we are just going to stay home because we'll be watching football too.

If Melissa comes back in this thread, y'all can probably just meet in the lobby at Chammps and get a table together.

But I don't really know if it's happening.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Melissa told me that Chammps hadn't called her back yet while we were at the game. She said she would probably show if we got something together.

AlamoSpursFan
01-07-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm off and I have no plans.

I'm up for anything involving the Spurs game, beer, and darts.

howard2
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
ESPN.com
Jan 7, 2005
Link: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=260107021)

San Antonio (26-7) at Phoenix (21-11) 9:00 pm EST

PHOENIX (Ticker) -- The Phoenix Suns and San Antonio Spurs each are playing their best basketball heading into Saturday's rematch of last season's Western Conference finals.

Phoenix is coming off a dominant 111-93 victory over Miami on Friday. The Suns scored 47 points in a first quarter when Steve Nash handed out 12 of his 19 assists - three shy of his career high - and Raja Bell scored 15 of his game-high 24 points.

The Suns, who had seven players score in double figures, never trailed in the game and shot 53 percent (42-of-79) en route to their sixth win in seven games.

Winners of 11 of its last 13 home games, Phoenix will have its hands full on Saturday against San Antonio, which eliminated the Suns from last season's playoffs in five games.

The Spurs won all three road games in their series with the Suns before going on to defeat Detroit in the NBA Finals for their third title in seven seasons.

San Antonio enters on a five-game winning streak, including an 83-77 triumph over Minnesota on Friday behind Tony Parker's 23 points and seven assists. However, Tim Duncan managed just 12 points on 5-of-19 shooting for the Spurs, who have won 10 of their last 11 games against the Suns, including the playoffs.

In the first meeting this season, San Antonio posted a 97-91 victory on November 19 behind Parker's 19 points, including a clutch runner with 36 seconds remaining.
==================================================
Today's Line
FAVORITE OPEN CUR UNDERDOG O/U
SAN ANTONIO 2 2 PHOENIX 195

King
01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
FUCK! Hooligan's just called me back and apologized, but they have the RAMPAGE coming in to watch the game and they have it reserved. I will keep looking around for a place.

The Rampage hockey team? They have a game tonight (Saturday) at 7.

howard2
01-07-2006, 05:46 PM
CBS SportsLine
Jan 7, 2006
Link: Sports Line (http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/preview/NBA_20060107_SA@PHO)

GAME: San Antonio Spurs (26-7) at Phoenix Suns (21-11).
TIME: Saturday, 9 p.m. EST.

Phoenix point guard Steve Nash is the league's reigning MVP. San Antonio's Tony Parker is gaining consideration for this season's award.

Nash and Parker will square off for the second time this season when the Suns try to stop the Spurs' five-game winning streak.

Both point guards are turning in stellar seasons. Nash, averaging a league-leading 11.0 assists per game, has used his strong all-around play to keep Phoenix atop the Pacific Division despite the absence of injured All-Star power forward Amare Stoudemire.

Parker is having his best season, averaging career highs of 19.5 points and 6.3 assists to help San Antonio to the best record in the Western Conference. He is leading the NBA in points scored in the paint, and is shooting 53.2 percent from the field to lead all point guards.

San Antonio beat Phoenix 97-91 on Nov. 19 at the SBC Center as Parker came through down the stretch with a soft runner over Nash with 35 seconds left to give the Spurs a three-point lead.

The play impressed coach Gregg Popovich, who is notorious for being tough on his point guard.

"The play we called broke down. He made the play on his own. That was all him," said Popovich after the game. "Tony finally woke up and competed his butt off. He got a couple of loose balls and had a good play on Steve Nash."

This will be San Antonio's first trip to Phoenix since it eliminated the Suns in the Western Conference finals last season. The Spurs won all three road games in that series.

San Antonio has won 10 of its last 11 games against Phoenix, including last year's playoffs, with two-time league MVP Tim Duncan in the lineup.

Parker had 23 points and seven assists to lead San Antonio to an 83-77 victory over Minnesota on Friday. His effort helped the Spurs overcome a rough night from Duncan, who had 12 points on 5-of-19 shooting.

The Suns won for the sixth time in seven games, 111-93 over Miami on Friday. Nash handed out 12 of his 19 assists during a 47-point first quarter for Phoenix, setting a franchise record for assists in a period.

"It was just one of those freaky quarters," Nash said. "We got hot and kind of got on a roll. We were unconscious. We didn't realize we were on such a roll. You're kind of in the moment and things are going well like that, and that's when the game's at its most fun."

Phoenix also tied a franchise mark with 11 3-pointers in the first half, and finished 13-of-26 from long range.

howard2
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
San Antonio Express-News
Jan 7, 2006
Link: Express-News (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA010706.8C.BKNspurs.suns.preview.224c9671.html)

Saturday night: Spurs (26-7) at Suns (21-11)

Spurs scouting report: This is the Spurs' first game at America West Arena, renamed U.S. Airways Center on Friday, since they closed out the 2005 Western Conference Finals with a 101-95 victory that gave them a 4-1 series victory and sent them into the 2005 NBA Finals ... In their 97-91 victory over the Suns at SBC Center on Nov. 19, Tim Duncan scored 24 and had 13 rebounds, while Tony Parker outscored Steve Nash, 19-14 ... This game marks the first time since Dec. 20 and 21 the Spurs have had back-to-back games. They are 1-4 in the second game of back-to-backs thus far this season ... After this game the Spurs' next game will be Tuesday, a home game against the New Jersey Nets.

Spurs injuries: G Beno Udrih (flu)
Spurs projected inactive list: G Beno Udrih

Suns scouting report: The Suns have shot the fewest free throws in the league this season, 17.3 per game, but they have the highest team free throw percentage, 79.8 ... Like the Spurs, the Suns also are playing the second game of a back-to-back set. They beat Miami 111-93 Friday night at home ... Backup point guard Leandro Barbosa suffered a sprained left knee on the last play of the first half Nov. 19 against the Spurs, and has played only one game since. He re-sprained the knee Dec. 10 against the Los Angeles Clippers and has not played since.

Suns injuries: G Leandro Barbosa (sprained left knee); F Amare Stoudemire (left knee surgery); F Brian Grant (right knee surgery)
Suns projected inactive list: F Amare Stoudemire; F Brian Grant; G Leandro Barbosa
Last meeting: Spurs beat the Suns, 97-91, on Nov. 19 at SBC Center

Key matchup: Steve Nash vs. Tony Parker. Nash, the reigning NBA MVP, is the guy who makes the Suns' running game go, but Parker has an edge in quickness and has been able to make Nash, overworked this season with Leandro Barbosa injured and out, work at both ends of the court. He outscored Nash in their first meeting this season.

spurschick
01-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Chammps never called me back. I had about 5 hours of sleep and had a very long day working, so I'm probably going to be a couch potato tonight. I hope we can all get together soon though. I still want to celebrate Mandy passing her test.

angel_luv
01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Sounds good. I wanted to see you guys am cool with a night in too. Next time.

RashoFan
01-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Well it is too bad we are not getting together tonight, there is always next time. I am gonna be at the FD tommorrow anyway because of the grass/brush fires....2006 is starting off to be a busy year.

mouse
01-08-2006, 01:36 AM
I know this is gonna sound weird

Coming from you? not really.

but im not gonna make it.

yeah 2 minutes after Manny said he couldn't make it either :lmao

Had to go to the hospital, and I am currently posting from a bed.

That was fast what hospital was it? I would like to go there if you get that kind of speedy treatment, or did you go see a vet?

I call BS!

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/tpark2.jpg