PDA

View Full Version : Seattle's Coach Fouls Hamilton - 4 Point Play!

jochhejaam
01-06-2006, 11:04 PM
First time I've ever seen it, Rip was taking a 3 from the side in the 4th quarter and Sonic's coach had both feet on the court, he tried to back up but the ref called interference, gave Rip the 3 point basket and called a technical on the coach. Result? a 7 point lead went up to 11 and for all practical intents and purposes ended the game for the Sonics.

jochhejaam
01-06-2006, 11:07 PM
They interviewed the Coach after the game and tried to pin him down on whether it was "the nail in the coffin" for Seattle, Hill avoided a direct answer then tried to put in on poor offensive execution on the players.
Coach Hill looked bad.

Marklar MM
01-06-2006, 11:12 PM
It looked like while Hamilton was catching the ball and setting his feet, he sorta stepped on the side of Hill's foot.

Leetonidas
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I saw a replay of it but I wasn't sure what had happend. That's pretty bizarre right there.

FreshPrince22
01-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Rip definately stepped on his foot (which was a good foot and a half inside the out of bounds line). I saw it pretty clearly on the Seattle broadcast of the game. Rip stepped back onto it, then looked down quickly before he rose up and shot the ball. Clearly took him out of his rhythm. Though I admit I figured at most we'd get a technical and possession. Not the three pointer AND a technical FT. Strange situation.

ahb
01-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Richard Hamilton, who scored 15 points, bolted to the corner and prepared to put up a three-point shot. But official Bob Delaney noticed Hill was still on the court. Video replays showed Hamilton stepped on Hill's foot.

Hamilton's shot missed, but Delaney blew his whistle for the coaching interference call. The rule states that the shot counts and the other team also gets a technical free throw.

"At first, they said I touched him, and then they said I changed the shot," Hill said. "I didn't touch him. I might have been on the floor, but coaches do that."

Billups, who had 21 points and seven rebounds, hit the technical, turning the game into an 11-point dagger.

Hill was clearly miffed. He walked the sideline, stripped off his suit coat, then wagged his finger, Dikembe Mutombo style.
:lmao
Does anyone actually recall that taking place?

FreshPrince22
01-07-2006, 06:11 AM
:lmao
Does anyone actually recall that taking place?

Yea, definately. They kept showing the coach on the Seattle broadcast (league pass), and at the end he definately did a finger wag. It wasn't even a short one. It went on for like a full 5 seconds. I laughed my ass off.

timvp
01-07-2006, 06:51 AM
That was the first time a Bob Hill coach attempted defense. Ironically enough, it was Bob Hill himself doing it accidentally.

theMUHMEshow
01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I asked RIP in the postgame interviews if he had noticed him at all and he replied by saying during the game you dont really feel much...so basically No he did not notice the coach even bothering his shot