PDA

View Full Version : Bobby H.

ShoogarBear
01-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Anyone else catch the technical Hill picked up tonight for stepping on the court behind Sheed while he was putting up a three?

High comedy. Hill went apeshit after the call.

See, we should have had this guy back in the Assoication a long time ago.

Pistons < Spurs
01-07-2006, 01:13 AM
It was pretty funny. Hill was getting ready to go totally bezerk.

T Park
01-07-2006, 01:13 AM
How far the Sonics have fallen.

Paying the price now, for being so damn cheap with such a good coach in McMillan.

Solid D
01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Hill thought he was Larry Brown and could stand on the court during play. The difference was, Hill became a 6th defender (not really) and the ref thought he was getting up into the player from behind.

Solid D
01-07-2006, 02:36 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/01/07/bc.bkn.supersonics.pistons.ap/index.html

Helping hand
Pistons catch break on coach's 'foul,' drop Sonics
Posted: Saturday January 7, 2006 12:49AM; Updated: Saturday January 7, 2006 12:49AM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/nba/01/07/bc.bkn.supersonics.pistons.ap/p1_rip-ap.jpg
Richard Hamilton makes contact with Seattle coach Bob Hill with 4:19 left.
AP
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Richard Hamilton caught a pass, missed a 3-pointer and was fouled -- by a coach.

Hamilton was credited with the basket because Seattle coach Bob Hill interfered with him in what became a four-point possession, helping the Detroit Pistons pull away late in the fourth quarter of a 97-85 win over the SuperSonics on Friday night.

''I didn't think he fouled me, but I'll take it,'' Hamilton said. ''It was a major play.''

Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince each scored 21 points and Hamilton had 15 for the Pistons, who have won 11 of 12 and have the NBA's best record.

Seattle's Rashard Lewis scored 27, Ray Allen had 22 points and Johan Petro added 10 in Hill's second game as Sonics coach.

When Hamilton received a pass in front of Seattle's bench, Hill had both feet on the court. Hill tried to get out of the way, but as Hamilton jumped to shoot a 3-pointer, the coach's leg appeared to bump the player.

Official Bob Delaney ruled that the 3-pointer was good because Hill interfered with the shot, which drew an automatic technical foul. Hill tore off his jacket in protest and stomped on the sideline.

''At first, they said I touched him and then they said I changed the shot,'' Hill said. ''I didn't touch him. I might have been on the floor, but coaches do that. I asked if they were going to give them the ball, too, but they said we could keep it. That was nice of them.

''They certainly got some momentum from it. I'm afraid to say anything else, but I didn't understand the call.''

During a timeout later in the game, a reporter asked Delaney if he had ever seen the call made and the veteran official said he had.

Billups made the technical free throw to give Detroit a four-point possession and an 87-76 lead with 4:19 left.

''That most definitely took us out of the game,'' Lewis said.

Detroit is an NBA-best 26-4, a record that trails the league's best 30-game mark by one game. Five teams started 27-3, including the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls , who won a league-record 72 games.

''We're just having fun,'' said Ben Wallace , who had 13 points and 21 rebounds. ''As long as we continue to have fun, good things will happen. If we start thinking about it, or worrying about history, we'll lose focus.''

The Sonics played well for three quarters, trailing just 68-65, but the Pistons built a double-digit lead midway through the fourth and didn't have trouble maintaining it.

The Pistons dominated the rebounding battle 54-41, and had 22 second-chance points off 20 offensive rebounds. Prince had a season-high 11 rebounds and Wallace matched his high for the season.

''Any time you force a team to play defense for 24 seconds, then you get a tip-in, it takes some of the air out of them,'' Wallace said.

Hill, who replaced fired coach Bob Weiss on Tuesday, shouted for the Sonics to push the ball on offense and to get back on defense. They did for most of the game.

The Pistons led 26-21 after the first quarter and 45-44 at halftime following eight lead changes and six ties.

Seattle beat Chicago 101-97 in Hill's debut Wednesday.

''We didn't move the ball like we did in Chicago,'' Hill said. ''I wasn't happy with the execution of our offense. It's only been three days, but we don't have time to wait.''

Sense
01-07-2006, 02:49 AM
That's gay.

Gerryatrics
01-07-2006, 03:01 AM
It was a good call. Bob Hill was standing on the court. When Rip (not Sheed) slid over to take the pass it looked like he actually stepped on Hill's foot. Hill backed off as Rip went up for the shot, but it was still pretty obvious, albeit most likely unintentional, tampering with the shot.

I knew he was going to be called for something like that sooner or later, he doesn't just pace the sideline, or stand in front of his seat, he will actually stand on the court, inside the out-of-bounds line, even when play is happening in that half of the court. Did he do that when he coached the Spurs?

This sort of thing isn't new in Seattle, Nate McMillan got called for something similar two or three seasons ago. He was so fed up with the lack of defense from the Sonics he actually took a swipe from the sideline at the ball an opposing player was dribbling. I think he eventually got tossed.

Extra Stout
01-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Did Hill blame the technical foul on his players?

ChumpDumper
01-07-2006, 12:18 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/basketball/nba/01/07/bc.bkn.supersonics.pistons.ap/p1_rip-ap.jpg
Sonics coach Bob Hill drew a technical foul when he
wandered on the court trying to remember if he endorsed
this month's check from Fordham University.

Marklar MM
01-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Did Hill blame the technical foul on his players?

The media asked him about it, and said something about their defense or offense or something.