PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Vs Suns Game 1 2003

T Park
01-07-2006, 04:49 PM
on NBA TV right now.

Sure they lost, but damn, theres times during this game where you wonder HOW!!!!

MI21
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
That series should have been a sweep. First Amare banking in a 3 from straight on with less than 10 seconds to go in regulation to setup OT. Then of course the Marbury's running 3 which was absolutely amazing, but very lucky. Then Jake Voshkul making a layup to win Game 4, that just isn't right either.

Overall, that was a very entertaining series. We got to see Timmy deal with triple teams by scoring only 18-19ppg but owning everyone on the boards and with his passing and defense. Some flashes of what Ginobili is all about (Game 2 4th quarter, Game 6 4th quarter). Parker get over his stigma of playing against Marbury by having some very good games. Buckets showing everyone he can handle pressure in his first playoff series. Speedy playing very well when Parker wasn't and so on.

I knew that team was special after watching that series.

boutons_
01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
A side drama was Tony bouncing back from 1-11 shooting in Game1 and manning up on Starbury. In Game1, the announcers repeatedly said Tony was scared, had no confidence, Stephon had Tony's number, etc.

Tony nutted up and shut them up from Game2 on.

By the time of the Finals, there was talk of Tony getting some MVP votes.

T Park
01-07-2006, 10:07 PM
By the time of the Finals, there was talk of Tony getting some MVP votes.

But that can't be!!

He dissapears in ever playoff series I thought!!!!!

You mean, Big Zak, Shawn Michaels, and other resident mental patients are wrong??

Noooooo.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
He dissapears in ever playoff series I thought!!!!!

Gee just like you

Catharsis
01-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Was 2003 the year that "small ball" in Phoenix killed the Spurs except in the playoffs?

td4mvp21
01-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Even though they lost, the Spurs looked pretty good. THe good news is that now with all of our experience we probably wouldn't have lost htat game.

boutons_
01-08-2006, 11:00 AM
"2003 the year that "small ball" in Phoenix"

Amare was a rookie, and showing hints of the monster he was to become. Phx didn't have domiant big man then either, just Amare/Sean so kinda "smallish". Pop said the Spurs had always had tough time with PHX.