PDA

View Full Version : who won the war on Christmas?

mookie2001
01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
who won the war on Christmas?

Marklar MM
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Kris Kringle (AKA-Santa Clause)

mookie2001
01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
foxNews never declared or projected a winner

SpursWoman
01-07-2006, 11:20 PM
My kids.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I think it was Toys R' Us but KB Toys was a real close second.

I think the new game box game in third

Vashner
01-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Santa Clause .. you know man that commune... OH YEA man I played with that dude...

mookie2001
01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Falwell: "We are winning the Christmas war"
In his last televised Sunday sermon before Christmas, Moral Majority founder and Faith and Values Coalition national chairman Reverend Jerry Falwell announced, "we are winning the Christmas war" and thanked God for the "few conservatives" in the media.

In his December 19 sermon, Falwell continued to forward the right-wing claim that "secularists" are waging a war on Christmas; Media Matters for America has documented this claim here, here, here, and here. Falwell asserted that "the American Civil Liberties Union, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, and other secularists" "hate Christ" and want to "steal Christmas from America." He went on to state: "Imagine God raising up an army of attorneys. ... We have declared war on the left, and we're going to sue the hide off of everybody, everybody, who tries to inhibit the liberties of our children and our families from worshipping and honoring the Lord."

Falwell also thanked God for "the few conservatives out there" in the media, specifically mentioning FOX News Channel host and nationally syndicated columnist Cal Thomas, as well as ABC News analyst and nationally syndicated columnist George F. Will -- both of whom Media Matters for America has documented as sources of conservative misinformation. Falwell also lauded Virginia newspaper The Richmond Times-Dispatch, which in September 2004 published a 1,700-word commentary that leveled spurious charges against Senator John Kerry. As Media Matters noted, the commentary was penned by "guest columnist" retired Admiral Roy F. Hoffman, the discredited chairman and co-founder of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (now Swift Vets and POWs for Truth); it ran on the front page of a Sunday "Commentary" section.

From Falwell's December 19 televised sermon, broadcast from his Thomas Road Baptist Church:

When we began the Christmas season this year, we were all very much aware that a war was being waged by the Christmas grinches -- the American Civil Liberties Union [ACLU], Americans United for Separation of Church and State, and other secularists, to steal Christmas from America. To not only take Christ out of Christmas, but to remove Christmas totally from the American scene. I am happy to announce today that we are winning the Christmas war.

[...]

Well, the fact is that lawyers today, over 3,000 of them in America -- Christian lawyers, constitution, conservative lawyers -- have offered their services at no charge, pro bono, to certain groups of constitution firms to do war with the ACLU, with the secularists, with Americans United, and all who hate Christ and want to drive God from the public square.

[...]

Imagine God raising up an army of attorneys, far more than the ACLU has, to stand up for religious freedom in America. This is a positive thing. It's an encouraging thing. Why do we always have to be on the defense? We have declared war on the left, and we're going to sue the hide off of everybody, everybody, who tries to inhibit the liberties of our children and our families from worshipping and honoring the Lord, as we in America are constitutionally allowed to do.

[...]

It's amazing to me how somehow they all [liberals] seem to collect in the media. Now, not altogether -- thank God for a few George Wills and Cal Thomas's, and thank God for a few conservatives out there. Thank God for The Richmond Times-Dispatch. The problem was, when they bought the Lynchburg [Virginia, location of Falwell's church] newspaper, they didn't fire some of the editors.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200412220004

mookie2001
01-18-2006, 10:49 AM
finally!

Jamtas#2
01-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Let's fight the war on poverty...no?
Let's fight the war on corrupt politics...no?
Let's fight the war on not being able to put up as many public displays of a very commercialized holiday...yeah? Great, let's get the liberals where it hurts!

zeleni
01-20-2006, 07:19 AM
You guys... I never thought our homeless people and white trash, our stupid boys and girls, were such a reasonable folk...

How can Xmas become a political issue? How can Christmas be a problem?

mookie2001
12-10-2009, 08:00 PM
tis the season

admiralsnackbar
12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
My kids.

:lol Well played.

Mr. Peabody
12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Falwell: "We are winning the Christmas war"
In his last televised Sunday sermon before Christmas, Moral Majority founder and Faith and Values Coalition national chairman Reverend Jerry Falwell announced, "we are winning the Christmas war" and thanked God for the "few conservatives" in the media.

Imagine God raising up an army of attorneys, far more than the ACLU has, to stand up for religious freedom in America. This is a positive thing. It's an encouraging thing. Why do we always have to be on the defense? We have declared war on the left, and we're going to sue the hide off of everybody, everybody, who tries to inhibit the liberties of our children and our families from worshipping and honoring the Lord, as we in America are constitutionally allowed to do.

If God has an army of attorneys, how come no one accepted service for this suit?

Man Sues God – Two Lawsuits Against the Almighty in Two Years
August 29, 2009
Nebraska US state senator Ernie Chambers has sued God twice in two years.

The first case claimed God had caused “widespread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth’s inhabitants.”

This time around he was seeking an injunction to prevent further “death, destruction and terrorization.”

The judge threw the recent case out because God could not be contacted.

mookie2001
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
spurswomans kids all have tahoes by now

ploto
12-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Like the crap they are fighting for has anything really to do with Christmas.

Jacob1983
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Tim Allen

TeyshaBlue
12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Unquestionably, Sony.

desflood
12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
The Hebrew Hammer.

elbamba
12-11-2009, 11:20 AM
I hear Frosty is implementing his own surge. If he can just take the gum drops forest, I think he will be able to once and for all end the war and free Zion.

spursncowboys
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Let's fight the war on poverty...no?
Let's fight the war on corrupt politics...no?
Let's fight the war on not being able to put up as many public displays of a very commercialized holiday...yeah? Great, let's get the liberals where it hurts!
Maybe you should do a little research on Falwell's record on volunteering and donations.

DarrinS
12-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd say this guy. He now has a private dental practice.

http://www.defalcophoto.com/blogimages/hermey2.jpg

Crookshanks
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Jerry Falwell died in 2007 - why is he relevant to this conversation?

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Maybe you should do a little research on Falwell's record on volunteering and donations.

Even to "deserving suffering because they're godless sinners" causes like Katrina refugees?

admiralsnackbar
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Jerry Falwell died in 2007 - why is he relevant to this conversation?

Because he was one of the architects for the pity-party known as The War On Christmas, maybe?

jack sommerset
12-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I'll say whatever pisses someone off.

ploto
12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
It is the misinformed that annoy me. I had a friend going on and on about people trying to X Christ out of Christmas by using the abbreviation X-Mas. She still does not believe me that the Greek letter chi has stood for Christ for centuries.

Winehole23
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
It is the misinformed that annoy me. I had a friend going on and on about people trying to X Christ out of Christmas by using the abbreviation X-Mas. She still does not believe me that the Greek letter chi has stood for Christ for centuries.The so-called war on Christmas is more folklorical and superstitious than actual, I believe.

EVAY
12-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Here's the thing about saying 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holidays', and one vs. the other being de rigeur.

When I was growing up Roman Catholic (admittedly a million years ago), I was in Catholic schools ( with no one giving my mother any 'vouchers' for it, thank you very much) and we looked forward to both Christmas and New Year's as the "Holy Days of Obligation" upcoming. Holy Days of Obligation are days that the Catholic Church treats as requiring presence at Mass, just as if they were on Sundays. Therefore, any one wishing anyone else "Happy Holidays" was shorthand for the the upcoming MULTIPLE HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION. It had absolutely nothing to do with any other cultural days, and most of the time our priests and nuns were fussing about people saying "Merry Christmas" instead of Holy Christmas or Happy Christmas, which were the European treatments of the day.

Santa Claus was considered a degredation of the holy feast of Christmas, and Protestant religions (including most of those of the religious right today, including all the fundamentalists) were criticized mightily because they often did not even have Church services on Christmas Day, much less require their congregations to attend!

Now, the notion of saying Happy Holidays is assumed to be a PC statement that implies that one is insufficiently 'Christian' to say "Merry Christmas".

Folks, everybody really needs to calm down about all this semantic nonsense, and the religious right needs to find something else to feel victimized by. (Sorry for ending the sentence with a preposition. The nuns taught me better than that .)

Thirty years from now there will be another dustup about another whole set of holiday-themed greeting errors.

mookie2001
12-12-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah the protestants have really fucked up a lot in this country

its funny because historically they used to be pretty tolerant, until they became the majority

EVAY
12-12-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah the protestants have really fucked up a lot in this country

its funny because historically they used to be pretty tolerant, until they became the majority

Well, some Protestants, like Anglicans or Methodists, etc., but most of the fundamentalist protestant religions have always been pretty rigid. (like Roman Catholics). There was not a lot of religious tolerance in some of the early colonies, and folks moved around within the colonies partly because they were trying to find a place to be able to go to church without having to pay a fine for it or get ejected from the colony. Only one side of my parentage was Roman Catholic, the other side was fundamentalist Protestant. I think it is what forced me to become a moderate in all things.

They're all a little 'tightly wound', if you ask me.

mookie2001
12-12-2009, 02:40 PM
i just dont see the catholic church begging for money on tv while wearing $1000 suits, slapping lines of people in the head, putting their priests name on the church building, telling people poverty is gods punishment for laziness, preaching the lite happy sunny americas bible, bringing politics into everything, etc

yes i am "catholic" (even though they could list about 1000 reasons why im not) and no i do not like evangelicals i admit it im just ranting here

symple19
12-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Happy Holidays!

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Why so much hatred towards the church? Especially christian religions. What other religions say to give all your possessions to the poor? What other religion teaches that the greatest command is to love thy neighbor? About protestants, what religion has provided more towards our culture (work ethic) than protestants? Our "freedoms" were the idea that god gave them to us and no man should take them away. Sure christian religions have many problems, and sometimes go against the teachings of jesus.However, far more good has come about than taken away.

Also for you people to attack an entire religion and then use the word tolerant in the same post is ridiculous. There is far too much bigoted talk against religion and religious people in here.

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Why so much hatred towards the church? Especially christian religions. What other religions say to give all your possessions to the poor? What other religion teaches that the greatest command is to love thy neighbor? About protestants, what religion has provided more towards our culture (work ethic) than protestants? Our "freedoms" were the idea that god gave them to us and no man should take them away. Sure christian religions have many problems, and sometimes go against the teachings of jesus.However, far more good has come about than taken away.

Also for you people to attack an entire religion and then use the word tolerant in the same post is ridiculous. There is far too much bigoted talk against religion and religious people in here.

mookie2001
12-12-2009, 03:01 PM
who would have thought glen beck #1 fan would be protestant

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 03:38 PM
who would have thought glen beck #1 fan would be protestant

I never said I was protestant or beck's #1 fan

ChumpDumper
12-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Are you Protestant?

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Are you Protestant?

No
why does that matter?

ChumpDumper
12-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Are you Catholic?

Duff McCartney
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM
What other religions say to give all your possessions to the poor? What other religion teaches that the greatest command is to love thy neighbor?

All of them.

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
All of them.

Link?

Duff McCartney
12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Try reading about a few of them. Maybe then you wouldn't be so ignorant. They all preach about peace and love, Jainism is one of the top of my head. Their main motto is ahimsa, no violence towards any living creature. They even sweep their beds when they turn so they won't smash any bugs in their beds.

All religions are the same. They all preach peace and love, and they all have parts of their religious doctrine that says things about violence and war.

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Try reading about a few of them. Maybe then you wouldn't be so ignorant. They all preach about peace and love, Jainism is one of the top of my head. Their main motto is ahimsa, no violence towards any living creature. They even sweep their beds when they turn so they won't smash any bugs in their beds.

All religions are the same. They all preach peace and love, and they all have parts of their religious doctrine that says things about violence and war.

Don't mean for you to waste your time, but why don't you use some actual quotes of some of the bigger religions. Maybe I didn't explain my position well. Jesus was born in a manger on the run. He came for the sinners. He was tortured and killed by the very people he came to save. He rather had spent his time with tax collectors and prostitutes than nobles, and religious leaders. I agree that all religions have these teachings put in to some degree, but the life and teachings of jesus is far different than any other religion.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2009, 05:15 PM
He rather had spent his time with tax collectors and prostitutes than nobles, and religious leaders.Who wouldn't?

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 05:20 PM
To go to societies rejected and say that they can be apart of god's kingdom, and all they have to do is ask for forgiveness of their sins was pretty distinct of all religions, before and after.

EVAY
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM

You know, SnC, you really take umbrage so quickly and so easily, and for so little good sense.

1.) Very FEW posters in here show bigotry toward 'religion' or 'religious people'. I can think of about 4 who do. The rest? Pretty tame.

2.) Based on your own criteria, Jesus himself would have been considered
'anti-religion' or 'anti-religious' since he had quite a lot to say about pharisees and other hypocrites of his own religious background. Moreover, you would likely accuse him of property-trashing over his reaction to the money-changers in the temple. Are you accusing Jesus of bigotry toward Jews?

3.) Methinks you doth protest too much.

MiamiHeat
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/who_now_then.jpg

She won the war on Christmas, duh.

and by the way, that's her all grown up now.

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 07:20 PM
You know, SnC, you really take umbrage so quickly and so easily, and for so little good sense.

1.) Very FEW posters in here show bigotry toward 'religion' or 'religious people'. I can think of about 4 who do. The rest? Pretty tame.

2.) Based on your own criteria, Jesus himself would have been considered
'anti-religion' or 'anti-religious' since he had quite a lot to say about pharisees and other hypocrites of his own religious background. Moreover, you would likely accuse him of property-trashing over his reaction to the money-changers in the temple. Are you accusing Jesus of bigotry toward Jews?

3.) Methinks you doth protest too much.
1. I disagree.
2. I agree that Jesus was against the traditions of the jewish religion. can we not make this about me, because your impressions of me are wrong, and I don't want to make a post all about me having to defend myself from your nonsense.
3. you should have used thinketh. It would've sounded funnier. Maybe even thy. Thy thinketh thou doth protest too mucheth. There we go. YW.

EVAY
12-12-2009, 07:28 PM
1. I disagree.
2. I agree that Jesus was against the traditions of the jewish religion. can we not make this about me, because your impressions of me are wrong, and I don't want to make a post all about me having to defend myself from your nonsense.
3. you should have used thinketh. It would've sounded funnier. Maybe even thy. Thy thinketh thou doth protest too mucheth. There we go. YW.

1. okay
2. It doesn't have to be about you if you don't take the position that you are defending something that everyone else is trashing. My point was that Jesus pointed out hypocrites in his own religious background, just as many of the posters (particularly in this thread) have done. That doesn't make those posters atheists or bigots toward religion. It makes them hypocrite-bashers, in the best Christian tradition.
3.)I stand by my paraphrase of Shakespeare.

DarkReign
12-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I think its funny watching people quote people from 3 years ago in outrage.

spursncowboys
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
1. okay
2. It doesn't have to be about you if you don't take the position that you are defending something that everyone else is trashing. My point was that Jesus pointed out hypocrites in his own religious background, just as many of the posters (particularly in this thread) have done. That doesn't make those posters atheists or bigots toward religion. It makes them hypocrite-bashers, in the best Christian tradition.
3.)I stand by my paraphrase of Shakespeare.

2. He also followed God's teachings, even when the devil tested him with scripure.

Duff McCartney
12-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I agree that all religions have these teachings put in to some degree, but the life and teachings of jesus is far different than any other religion.

Actually the Buddha has pretty much the same life as jesus. They were both born of virgins, except not in a manger.

Honestly if all religions have these teachings, then what are you arguing about? What possible "degree" be different in any religion? There is no little bit of peace and love, it's in all of them. Or don't you know that even in the Koran, Jesus is mentioned more than any other person, even Mohammad.

ploto
12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I agree that Jesus was against the traditions of the Jewish religion.

I don't agree with you at all. Yes, He admonished the hypocritical Pharisees, but it was not their teachings with which he had issue.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't agree with you at all. Yes, He admonished the hypocritical Pharisees, but it was not their teachings with which he had issue.

where was that quote from?
It was the teachings, the idols, the laws, the refusal to believe in the son of god, the dismissal and beheading of john the baptist.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2009, 12:57 PM
where was that quote from?From Jesus.

byrontx
12-13-2009, 02:17 PM
We need to keep the Ba'al in XMas.

exstatic
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM

Maybe you should do a little research on his attempt to steal PTL industries lock stock and barrel when he was only asked to caretake it for a short time.

I wouldn't bait a crab pot with his diseased flesh.

exstatic
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't mean for you to waste your time, but why don't you use some actual quotes of some of the bigger religions. Maybe I didn't explain my position well. Jesus was born in a manger on the run. He came for the sinners. He was tortured and killed by the very people he came to save. He rather had spent his time with tax collectors and prostitutes than nobles, and religious leaders. I agree that all religions have these teachings put in to some degree, but the life and teachings of jesus is far different than any other religion.

Unfortunately, modern Fundamentalist Christianity has very little to do with the teachings of Jesus, although they should be able to (but probably fail to) recognize themselves in the parable of the money changers at the temple.

Supergirl
12-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Not that this has anything to do with gay marriage, but Jesus was a religious Jew and never intended for a new religion to spring up after his death. He preached against some of the hypocrisies in the Temple at the time, but he never stopped being a Jew.

Which, by the way, is a very Jewish thing to do. Jews are all about arguing with your own faith and debating what it means to be Jewish and to be spiritual. The word "Yisrael" (Israel) means "struggle with G-d."

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately, modern Fundamentalist Christianity has very little to do with the teachings of Jesus, although they should be able to (but probably fail to) recognize themselves in the parable of the money changers at the temple.

Not a parable but I get your point. Unfortunately you have a pretty consistent record against christians on this forum. There are no set of facts or data that will show this point you make, so it is just your opinion. I personally have seen, through different denominations, the hand of god working throughout these religions.

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Not that this has anything to do with gay marriage, but Jesus was a religious Jew and never intended for a new religion to spring up after his death. He preached against some of the hypocrisies in the Temple at the time, but he never stopped being a Jew.

Which, by the way, is a very Jewish thing to do. Jews are all about arguing with your own faith and debating what it means to be Jewish and to be spiritual. The word "Yisrael" (Israel) means "struggle with G-d."
Jesus came down and lived a sinless life. He was a perfect sacrifice for our sins. John 3:16-17 "16 “For God so loved the world, [9] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

Yes he did intend for a new religion. He said to be a follower of him, would mean to be persecuted. He told peter to create the church. He set up the communion. He saved gentiles just like jews. He is the son of god, not of jews.

mookie2001
12-13-2009, 05:06 PM
so you know that but youre not protestant or catholic?

shyeah right brah

ChumpDumper
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
How could God give his son when Jesus is God?

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
so you know that but youre not protestant or catholic?

shyeah right brah

why does it matter so much? what if I'm studying religion in college?

mookie2001
12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
it doesnt matter other than i dont believe you, good luck with your studies

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
it doesnt matter other than i dont believe you, good luck with your studies

There is nothing to believe, I said what if.

mookie2001
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
i dont believe you would care so much about christianity, the bible, religion, or this thread if you werent catholic or protestant i meant

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
i dont believe you would care so much about christianity, the bible, religion, or this thread if you werent catholic or protestant i meant

Do you realize how many denominations there are besides protestant and catholic?

mookie2001
12-13-2009, 05:35 PM
oh ok so you dont know what protestant is...

i'll let you find that one out for yourself

spursncowboys
12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
So what does st come from? Should we say merry x-st-mas?

ChumpDumper
12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Do you realize how many denominations there are besides protestant and catholic?So to which one do you belong?

ploto
12-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to His disciples: "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."

ploto
12-18-2009, 03:53 PM
So what does st come from? Should we say merry x-st-mas?

I suppose you can not read this either:

Mr.

It has no "st" in it. It is called an abbreviation.

elbamba
12-18-2009, 03:59 PM

that is not altogether true. While Christ never stopped being Jewish he certainly preached doctrine that was not in line with the jewish doctrine. He established a sacrement of wine and bread which was to replace the necessity of offering animals to God. He left Peter to be a leader and gave him the keys to the kingdom with full authority to continue running the Church of Jesus Christ.

elbamba
12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Now, back to the topic:

Santa 27 - Dasher & Prancer 22.

Winehole23
12-18-2009, 04:12 PM
never intended for a new religion to spring up after his death. Ok. I'll bite.

The appearances are mightily against it IMO . Why do you think so?

boutons_deux
12-18-2009, 04:13 PM
War on Christmas is another VRWC red herring, polarizing, distracting hate mongering to rouse the self-righteous rabble about a false "war".

rjv
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
My kids.

yeah-this is the winner.

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2009, 01:09 PM
why does it matter so much? what if I'm studying religion in college?

get a refund

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
and the correct answer is Wal-Mart. They win it every Eckks-mas.

admiralsnackbar
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
In a multi-cultural society (which, mind you, is what this country is all about) why are Christians demonized by the phrase " Happy holidays?"

boutons_deux
12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
why are Christians demonized by the phrase " Happy holidays?"

do you mean

Why are "Christians" (falsely) enraged by the phrase "Happy holidays?"

Like the Iraq war-for-oil, the War on Christmas is a fabricated, bogus war, because Americans are a war-mongering, militaristic, murderous, life-is-cheap people who love wars.

EmptyMan
12-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock mf'ers. ho ho ho

http://trinitypastor.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/war-santa.jpg

spursncowboys
12-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock mf'ers. ho ho ho

http://trinitypastor.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/war-santa.jpg

Someones out of uniform.

George Gervin's Afro
12-23-2009, 10:37 AM
why are Christians demonized by the phrase " Happy holidays?"

do you mean

Why are "Christians" (falsely) enraged by the phrase "Happy holidays?"

Like the Iraq war-for-oil, the War on Christmas is a fabricated, bogus war, because Americans are a war-mongering, militaristic, murderous, life-is-cheap people who love wars.

They needed to make up a culture war so they could have an abundance of strawmen to slaughter.