01-08-2006, 12:48 AM
:tu

ZStomp
01-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Yes it does!

It's someones birthday!!!

Solid D
01-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Spurs fans better represent and leave their mittens at home.

Leetonidas
01-08-2006, 12:54 AM
I totally wish I could go.

Vashner
01-08-2006, 12:55 AM
We better win dangnit!

krinkx
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM
it doesnt matter to me if they lost... if the pistons win, at least it will make them overconfident in the playoffs and they will fry come June when they face the mightier SPURS.... hikhikhikhik.....

boutons_
01-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Cross that bridge on 1-12-06.

On Tue night, the Nets could be bringing 10-game W streak to SBC,
if they win @TOR today.

With Tim injured, the Spurs offense, defense, and 3G shooting sucking, and the Nets on a roll, Spurs could very well take a another 2-game losing streak into the Pistons game if Vince goes Arenas on us. Vince scored 43 on the Spurs last season, defended by Bruce.

With Richard back and Nenad a year older, the Nets have a balanced offense with 4 starters with 10+ PPG, just like the Spurs. I think a rolling, healthy Nets will be a big challenge for the sputtering, injured Spurs.

http://www.nba.com/nets/stats/

tim_duncan_fan
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
What is the point of marking this date? the pistons are going to come out firing on all cylinders, duncan is going to let the wallaces beat him to every board and unless Horry makes 5 3 pointers we're going to lose by twenty and all the pistons fans will start bragging about how they have the best team in the league. I personally am not looking forward to this date.

boutons_
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Nets did it. Vince hit a long 3G with 0.1 secs left to win by 1.

Nets bring a 10W streak to SBC Tuesday.

jochhejaam
01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
If the Pistons win the players won't be "overconfident", the players aren't as fickle as some of us fans are. :lol And most of us Piston fans that post here aren't in to bragging or talking a lot of smack.

Howevah, let it be duly noted that if we win that will be 5 wins in the last 7 games against the Champs. :D

Pistons < Spurs
01-08-2006, 05:27 PM
And most of us Piston fans that post here aren't in to bragging or talking a lot of smack.

:tu

I just want to see a competitive game. Though a win would be nice as it helps in the chase for HCA.

Brutalis
01-09-2006, 05:44 AM
What is the point of marking this date? the pistons are going to come out firing on all cylinders, duncan is going to let the wallaces beat him to every board and unless Horry makes 5 3 pointers we're going to lose by twenty and all the pistons fans will start bragging about how they have the best team in the league. I personally am not looking forward to this date.
Stupid post

San Antonio is the best team in the league until someone take their crown. Period.

Nephets
01-09-2006, 06:27 AM
This will be a GREAT game.

cherylsteele
01-09-2006, 11:40 AM
If the Pistons win the players won't be "overconfident", the players aren't as fickle as some of us fans are. :lol And most of us Piston fans that post here aren't in to bragging or talking a lot of smack.

Howevah, let it be duly noted that if we win that will be 5 wins in the last 7 games against the Champs. :D
True...but there are a couple who are into the "smack" talk. The ones like you are respectful of other teams' fans. I think we will win at home. I'd like to see a blowout just to offset the one we got in Detroit.....I will be satisfied with just a win.....or at least a compettitve game.

I suspect it will be a 5 point margin.

BTW...we did win the ones that really counted:D

Rummpd
01-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Detroit also has to get by a better than expected NOK team on the road first - they should but you never know in this crazy NBA season.

mikejones99
01-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Early line is Spurs by 3.5 points :king

ahb
01-09-2006, 06:48 PM
When was the last time either of these teams covered a spread? I'd guess the final score will be Spurs by 1-2.

JamStone
01-09-2006, 07:14 PM
it doesnt matter to me if they lost... if the pistons win, at least it will make them overconfident in the playoffs and they will fry come June when they face the mightier SPURS.... hikhikhikhik.....

Does this mean if the Spurs win, they will be overconfident in the playoffs and will fry come June? Or, that if the the Spurs win, the Pistons WON'T be overconfident in the playoffs and will have an edge? Come on now ... let's not get too silly and read too much into the game. Sure, it's an important game for each club, but win or lose, both teams still will focus on the bigger picture, which is securing home court for the playoffs by winning as many games the rest of the season, and improving to the point they are playing their best basketball when the playoffs do arrive.

San Antonio is the best team in the league until someone take their crown. Period.

Funny how last season when the Pistons had the crowns, not many Spurs fans afforded them that same respect. In fact, the majority of Spurs fans claimed their team was the team to beat last year even though the Pistons were the defending champs. See how hypocrisy works. I agree with the sentiment that the Spurs remain the team to beat. But, are you sure you felt the same way about the Pistons last year, Brutalis? Be honest. Did you?

mikejones99
01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Of course the Spurs were the team to beat last year you idiot. They only lost by 4/10 of a second right after Tim Duncan made his career shot. You bet your ass the next year would be different. Yes the Spurs need to win this game to keep their #1 ranking.

JamStone
01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Ok, tough guy.

The Spurs only lost by 4/10 of a second in the CONFERENCE SEMI-FINALS ... so 4/10 of a second and 8 games. Yeah, Spurs definitely should have been the team to beat last year ...